[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worried someone is transitioning for the wrong reasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Sup guys, mtf here. No trolling/TERF shit pls this is serious business.
I met this really cute FTM while visiting a certain US state, we'll call him K.
K is a guy who just finished up 4 weeks on T. He's still quite feminine looking but he could pass as a guy within a year I'm sure. Admittedly, I was initially attracted to him because I like Butch girls and thought he was one, but he later revealed that he's a trans dude, and I was totally okay with that.
So we're on a date and we get to talking about trans shit and he says something that made me very, very concerned. He said
>I wonder if... if I didn't have to deal with cis expectations of how I should look.. I wonder if I'd even be on T at all
I was taken aback, mostly because as an mtf, I am aware of how intense and completely irreversible the effects of male puberty are, especially with bone structure.
I remember reading the news story about the Belgian ftm who wasn't actually an ftm and only transitioned because her abusive family wanted a son instead of a daughter. K's story isn't like that but he does have a pretty rough past. Native family didn't believe in western medicine, refused to treat his depression, even what would be revealed to be stomach cancer (which he thankfully survived). He has borderline personality disorder and has attempted suicide at least once. He describes gender dysphoria like this
>Being on T, it's the first time I've looked at myself in photos and not suicidally hated my body
>>
(cont.)

I tried to talk to him. I tried to tell him that he doesn't have to be on hormones if he doesn't want to, that I would never misgender him and I would treat him like the man he wants to be always, that he can dress and act however he wants and fuck what other people have to say, but he just kept getting upset, saying “I feel like you think I'm not trans enough” and “I promise you I know what I'm doing, and I'm doing this. I have to.”
Is that normal? FTMs on here: Does it sound familiar? Am I just projecting my own feelings about T onto him? Am I secretly wanting to keep him a butch girl for myself?
Any advice and/or help is appreciated.
>>
>>6632763
>>6632767
Honestly the best thing you can do is talk to him about your concerns honestly and tell him to mention it to his therapist so he could work it all out with a mental health professional. You're not a doctor, and neither is 4chan.
>>
>>6632784
Yeah I don't think he has a therapist, he said he's been borrowing his T from another FTM
>>
>>6632798
That's a shitty and dangerous thing to do. If he's in a situation where he's able to, strongly suggest he sees a therapist and goes to a doctor. He might be on the wrong dosage and fuck himself over.
>>
>>6632763
Most important now.... Be calm and try to make him feel better... I alredy have something similar with a mtf.... They Search a support in the world.... Im sure you are a good person... Treat him just as a normal good friend
>>
>>6632763
>>I wonder if... if I didn't have to deal with cis expectations of how I should look.. I wonder if I'd even be on T at all
>I was taken aback, mostly because as an mtf, I am aware of how intense and completely irreversible the effects of male puberty are, especially with bone structure.
Welcome to FTMhood. I feel pretty similar, an an MTF. I want to be a girl because I'd rather have female expectations than male ones. I probably shouldn't transition.
>>
thanks for the responses, you guys are being way more understanding than reddit is.
>>
>>6634633
really makes you think...
>>
>>6634654
literally got called a gatekeeper 3 times.
i could understand if it was an mtf, but it's an ftm. T is gonna work no matter what age she starts at.
i mean maybe i am being overly concerned but i'm not actively tring to keep her from doing it.
>>
>>6634633
Link to the reddit thread? I'm curious.
>>
>>6632763
he's basically saying that there's no "right" way to be male
if he's comfortable with how he looks and feels like he's enough of a male even without T then all the better for him
>>
>>6634780
>anon's friend transitions without T
>suddenly develops a taste for bowties
>gets his name changed to an intentional misspelling of a faggot's name
>says he's just a "gay" ftm
>opens a tumblr account

Don't do this
>>
>>6632767
>>6632763
Trans guy here. Honestly, a fuck ton of people identify as FtM as an extreme version of "I'm not like the other girls." Just look at the genderqueer types Tumblr. For a lot of them it's a reaction to societal sexism and their "dysphoria" is literally just them not liking the feminine gender role, they would have called themselves butch fifty years ago. Sounds like your bf is in this boat for sure. He may regret it, he may not, a lot of them do start getting actual dysphoria after they start HRT. Some of them don't. It honestly seems kind of random. It's not really your mess to solve, either way.
>>
>>6634801
spambots are getting really complex these days
>>
>>6634811
stay mad :^)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.