[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, i came to the realization that i am gay, what now ? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Spider_W_20jul12_rex_b.jpg (256KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Spider_W_20jul12_rex_b.jpg
256KB, 1920x1280px
So, i came to the realization that i am gay, what now ?
I don't feel different and honestly i don't want to come out until my grandparents are dead (in about 5 years).
Also i don't wanna loose the three friends that i have.
Would it be worth to come out of the closet if i do not give a shit about having sex or a relationship ?
It seems like a lot of effort for a lot of nothing and the potential to be treated different by everyone.
>>
>>6630082
No, don't worry about it until you're ready.
Personally I haven't told anyone about myself and only will do so if I have a bf to introduce them too or something
>>
>>6630082
Where do you live, OP?
If it's in a more liberal area, your friends probably won't care.
You don't have to come out to everyone at once, and telling your friends first is often the easiest and best way to start.
>>
I'm In A Similar Predicament But In My Case I Do Care About Relationships, The Downside Being: I'm Too Unattractive To Be In One. Is It Worth Disappointing My Grandfather And Mother For The Duration Of Their Lives For Nothing?
>>
>>6630936
>Is It Worth Disappointing My Grandfather And Mother For The Duration Of Their Lives For Nothing?
Yes. Whether they know or not, it doesn't change the fact that it's true. Don't let something as minor as your sexual orientation or their approval get in the way.
And let's be honest, you probably aren't that unattractive. Tastes range from hairless manlets who are practically female to huge, hairy, overweight guys. There's bound to be someone out there that's into you. If you come out, you might have a shot. If you don't, you never will.
>>
>>6630082

Ultimately you need to use your best judgement because we don't know your grandparents or friends. However, I would stay away from telling your grandparents. They lived in a different time than you and their beliefs are most likely dead set for the rest of their lives.

As for your friends, have they shared their views on gays before? Before I came out, my friends said they were ok with gays but they were uncomfortable regardless. Anyways OP, coming out is not a singular event. You can tell whomever you want and keep it hidden from others.
>>
Glad so many people here are proud of who they have suddenly become
>>
>>6630082
I understand with your grandparents, but your friends probably don't care.

The way I see it, if your friends abandon you for such a small thing, they weren't good friends to begin with. Don't make a fuss of it, or gather everyone up when you tell them as if it's a big occasion, because it's a bit pretentious, (I'm bi, made myself look like an idiot doing this w/ my friends) but you can slip it in conversation like gossip or something - it just frames it as interesting and they're more likely to be interested, plus it's a good way to get a conversation about that going to begin with.
>>
>>6630848
Or they might say they don't care, then slowly pull back and before you know it they're replacing you with some other fucking cunt and hanging out without you and playing dumb when you call them out for it.

Don't do it OP.
>>
>>6631200
OP, do you really want friends so flighty and disloyal that they'd replace you because you prefer X over Y in a way that doesn't affect them in the slightest?

Think of it as an asshole filter. It filters out the assholes in your life. Better to be alone than surrounded by assholes who don't even like you for who you are.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.