[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To Love or Not to Love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Is it possible to be happy alone? Or do all humans need love?

There was a girl who told me she liked me. I didn't have any interest in her, but on a calculated basis, I decided to spend time with her and see if I could grow to like her. I did. We love each other very much and have a great time talking and emotionally supporting each other. She lives in Canada, but she even made it out to live with me for a week. We had a good time.

And yet I still really want to be alone. It's not her, I just don't want to be in love with anyone. I feel safer, cleaner, more efficient, and more like my usual self when I'm alone. I've been open with her about this and I've been struggling with it since the beginning. I really want to be alone, but am not sure if this is the right decision. She really wants me to stay, so I'm struggling to turn myself around and accept staying with her, committing to marriage and life together (I'd plan that far because otherwise, what's the point).

Do I really want to be alone? Or am I mistaken? Or maybe I do want to be alone, but I should keep her on board because I will want different things when I get older?
>>
>>6611021
ITT: introvert feels
>>
>>6611021
I'm going through something similar, I think.
The truth is, dating is really exhausting for me. It makes me tired. Being alone makes me feel at ease, like I don't have to put on a mask to please others because there's just me.

To answer your question, it is possible to be happy alone. You'll still have your friends and family, or maybe just acquaintances you talk to once in a while. You don't have to be in love to be happy.
Humans don't need love, they just need interaction with other humans. How much you interact with others or how much attention you need varies from person to person.
>>
Bump in hope of answers. I'll let it die after this.
>>
>>6613393
You're just introverted.

Also: You can have both. Just ask her to give you more space.
>>
>>6611021
I also had the same thoughts. "It will be easier to shop for one person!" but when my girlfriend died all I wanted is to have another girl around with me every day ;__;
>>
You're just not that into her and rather than let it be that simple and break it off you'd rather play the special introverted narcissist and blog about it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.