[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for trans people, how do you.. know you are a trans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Feeling-unsure-002.jpg (30KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Feeling-unsure-002.jpg
30KB, 460x276px
Question for trans people, how do you.. know you are a trans?

I'm a female and I've always been very tomboy-ish. Around age 5-7 I would walk around my relatives with my shirt unbuttoned, like guys do. All the girls around me would be more girly than I was. I never wore dresses, because I hated them. I would hang out with boys a lot, play boy games (fight with them, play ball games, climb on stuff with boys). But I never actually saw myself as a boy. I would just act as a boy. I never had a thought "I am a boy born in wrong body" like trans people usually say they feel.

Around early teenage years, I dressed either unisex or boy-like too (would buy boy shoes mostly, other clothes were unisex). I would always have my hair together, but again, I never had a thought that I am a boy. I would actually cry about not being a boy a lot. I remember I would wish for someone to hear me and turn me into a boy when I wake up after sleep.

When I became older, I became very ashamed of how I was and became more quiet and tried to act more like a girl. I never got to girly girl, I was still kind of unisex (talking about clothes).

Now I'm 21 and I still find myself acting like a guy. I make facial expressions guy make, I walk or sit like guys, but I try to not do it, because I don't like that it makes me look like male. But it comes natural to me. I never wear make up and most of my clothes are still unisex. I have very hard time buying clothes, because I don't know what would suit me..

Anyway, did anyone that is trans feel similar to me or was it just a phase? I also grew up without a father, so that could be the reason why I am like that too.
>>
>>6596578
Do you dislike your primary and secondary sexual characteristics?
Does getting treated like a woman in society disturb you?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes you're at least somewhat trans.
If not you're just gender noncomforming.
>>
>>6596578
>How do you know you want to be a girl/boy
>"I cried because I wanted to be a boy so badly"
You answered your question yourself already.
>>
>>6596578
Do you have physical dysphoria? Do you dislike having female sex organs (breast, vagina)?
>>
File: 1453949507228.gif (1MB, 426x451px) Image search: [Google]
1453949507228.gif
1MB, 426x451px
Sounds pretty trans to me tbqh.

I'm male, but I thought a lot about being a girl for a long time. The more I think about it, though, the more I realize that I'm comfortable with male pronouns and being perceived as male - albeit a very androgynous/feminine one.

If this is a real concern for you, I'd highly recommend seeing a therapist. If you're a student, and your school has a guidance councilor (most do), you can always talk to them.
>>
>>6596618
No to both questions. Thanks.

>>6596623
The reason I am so confused is because I never thought I am a boy, I was just boyish, and when trans people describe how they realized they were trans, they usually say "I always knew I am a [opposite gender]". And also, right now I feel I act like a guy naturally and I have to try to act girly to not feel bad about myself.

>>6596631
I do not have physical dysphoria, I don't care about female sex organs really. I guess I don't care much how my body looks

>>6596635
Thanks, I will consider going to therapist, but it's embarrassing topic to talk about. Maybe I'm just masculine female.
>>
File: 1455930434962.jpg (40KB, 425x516px) Image search: [Google]
1455930434962.jpg
40KB, 425x516px
>>6596650
>Thanks, I will consider going to therapist, but it's embarrassing topic to talk about. Maybe I'm just masculine female.

Mmhm. I know first hand how embarrassing it can be. Ultimately though my own emotional well being is more important than temporary discomfort.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>6596578 you are probably not transsexual. It doesn't have to do with if your a Tomboy or not. If you don't have physical dysphoria, you're not trans.
>>
>>6596650
>"I always knew I am a [opposite gender]"
The only thing I've heard is "I always felt like I should be a boy/girl".
>>
>>6596578
>acting like a guy
The moment I realized that I was trans was the same moment someone told me that cis guys don't fake those things.

I just sorta did what I was "supposed to do" when I was growing up.
>>
>>6596682
I always liked feeling feminine, but I never associated it with wanting to be a girl until much later in life. It's part of why I have a hard time relating with the mainstream trans communities.
>>
I thought it was just a phase, but it definitely didn't vote away. I realized that the reason I was jealous of female bodies, shamed myself for doing anything masculine in an attempt to feminized, and felt uncomfortable as a guy was because I really am trans.

I've been feeling much better as a girl, and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.
>>
>>6596650
If you don't have a problem with your body then you're not trans. Fuck off and just be a bulldyke or whatever the fuck you want and enjoy the fact that society will tolerate it and not treat you with the same level of violence and stigma that actual trans people get because you were born and look female.

If you start looking like a man then get ready to be treated like an expendable and loathsome sexual predator and tossed out of women's bathrooms.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.