[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gay Christian Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12

File: God is here too.jpg (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
God is here too.jpg
103KB, 500x500px
I couldn't help noticing we needed a new gay Christian thread.

Let's remove the stigma and hate in both of our communities! If we could do without the denominational bullying this time around, that would be great.

As always, anons of all religions are welcome to participate in discussion. Don't be shy!

Atheists are welcome too, but please be respectful. Hang up your fedoras before posting and take debate over the existence of God to /his/.
>>
tfw bi sexual christian transwoman
tfw going to fornicate for the first time soon

idk how to feel honestly. am i letting my flesh get the best of me?
everyone has sex, its okay, right?
>>
>this thread again
oh joy.
>>
>>6553796

>religious gays
>conservative gays
>am I gay/bi/trans because x
>you guys are mentally ill
>ask a glorious straight person anything
>Milo

There really should be a /wehavethisthreadeveryday/ general
>>
>>6553844
I try to mentally block it
>>
>>6553796
We'll have a nice one someday. You'll see.

>>6553823
We have a thread like this maybe once a month. What do you have against us?
>>
>>6553908
>You'll see.
Well hopefully I don't.
>>
>>6553908

No. There's unsuccessful threads every day. There's successful threads every few days.
>>
>>6554268
The last gay Christian thread stuck around for a while. Sure, it was mostly filled with hatred, but it successfully brought us all together in one thread. There were times before that when meaningful discussion was actually achieved too.

Give us a chance.
>>
>>6553746
>gay
>Christian
Oh boy.
>>
When I was in college I was a part of a queer spirituality group. All of the trannies dropped out because they were fucking insane, but the three other people who stayed were chill.

Religion doesn't have to be an important part of your life if you don't want it to be. But your faith can be good, if you choose to make it good for you.

Do others in this thread think that Spirituality = Religion = Faith?
>>
>>6555435
As a Christian, those three things are one and the same for me. I don't understand how it is even possible to separate them.
>>
>>6555435
>Do you think evil lies = evil lies = evil lies?

I'm going to give this serious thought. I don't want to make a decision on the matter until I've carefully considered every viewpoint.
>>
File: 1467174107657-2.jpg (207KB, 2048x1286px) Image search: [Google]
1467174107657-2.jpg
207KB, 2048x1286px
>>6553746
Christianity is about sacrifice and abstaining from worldly self-pleasure and giving to others. How can a person be Christian and go and get naked and fug strangers in clubs - gay or straight?
You don't get an exemption from behaving morally just because of the modern construction of gay culture. That would be unjust.
>>
>>6556931
Adultery is a sin, but I genuinely do not think it applies to us, at least not in the same way as straight people. I accept that "gay marriage" is not legitimate and I definitely cannot marry a woman, so what am I to be saving myself for exactly?

Unless you're suggesting that homosexuality itself is a sin, in which case I simply disagree.
>>
>>6559199
I'd love to hear how you twisted scripture enough to the point where homosexuality is not a sin in the eyes of Christianity. Let me guess - Jesus never explicitly said anything about it? He never explicitly said anything against slavery, pedophilia or bestiality either. You think he would condone those things?
>>
>>6560590
Pederasty was common in his time, though. It's entirely possible that diddling 12 year old boys was completely fine to him.
>>
>>6560590
Why wouldn't he condone homosexuality? What's wrong with it? Why is it to be conflated with those other things?
>>
>>6556812
What's it like knowing everything?
>>
>>6555435
I think these threads could be more useful if there were actual discussion aside from the cognitive dissonance being queer and having faith seems to bring

Personally I dealt with that as a teenager; I love Jesus and I love people of both sexes
>>
1. You can't truly follow JESUS CHRIST and be gay.

2. JESUS CHRIST requires that you deny your flesh, your sexual desires, and live for God's will, not your own.

3. All LGBT people are living for their own will, not the will of God. Therefore they're anti-Christians by default.

4. Queer theology is an abomination.
>>
>>6567993
5. there is no god and religion is make believe
>>
>>6567993
Those are some piping hot opinions there, anon.

I personally ground my own beliefs in scripture. Have you ever thought of trying the same? :^)
>>
>>6560635
Among Romans. Not Jews.
>>
>>6567993

Technicaly speaking only sodomy is dissalowed. Have you taken a fucking theology class in your life?
>>
>>6568224
Didn't Paul say something regarding that?
>>
File: 1468446025181.png (272KB, 518x411px) Image search: [Google]
1468446025181.png
272KB, 518x411px
Ask a glorious straight person anything
It feels good to know I receive the full blessing of God
>>
>>6568495
Where is "sodomy" even mentioned in the Bible?
>>
>>6553746
you dont actually believe that crap?

The bible is the story of a very, very incompetent supreme being. He made so many mistakes in his perfect creation that he had to kill everyone on it.. and then did it again.

Makes 2 humans and puts them in a garden of eden, but places them right next to the thing that will screw all that up and does nothing to prevent it, then blames them and all their progeny for all time for something thats his fault.

Makes a magic rule book thats so vague and open to interpretation that there are now 30,000 sects of christianity alone all of which disagree with each other. And he allows many other holy books and does not give any of us a clue as to which one are right and which ones are wrong, proceeds to let us kill each other by the millions over it. He has the power to appear at any time to stop all the killing, chooses not to.

Claims to be supreme being, but still has needs (to be worshiped), desires (to have a son) and failings (he is angry and jealous quite often).

Claims he gave us free will, then gives us a list of rules we must follow or else he will torture us forever... which goes completely against the notion of us having free will (you have free will but you must do as I say) and proving that he has no morality at all since he is offering infinite punishment for finite crimes. And his own morality is lower than the morality of secular society, which is weird since you'd think an all knowing all seeing supreme being would have known that slavery was immoral even thousands of years ago. maybe he could have even put that in his list of commandments, instead of say 'thou shalt have no other gods before me'?

Goes through an elaborate scheme of self sacrifice to change rules that he could have changed at any time without the torture and sacrifice of himself. And again why would a supreme being come up with rules so flawed in the first place that they needed to be changed after the fact?
>>
>>6561592
>Why wouldn't he condone homosexuality?
It's immoral
>What's wrong with it?
It's immoral
>Why is it to be conflated with those other things?
It's immoral.
>>
File: shame.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>>6570838
How the fuck do people believe this in 2016?
>>
>>6570857
>2016
It's still 1437 in some parts of the world.
>>
File: 1465585174815.jpg (46KB, 766x460px) Image search: [Google]
1465585174815.jpg
46KB, 766x460px
>>6570862
>1437
Shitty mud-hut villages in the middle of assfuck nowhere have wi-fi nowadays. No excuse.
>>
>>6570875
>Shitty mud-hut villages in the middle of assfuck nowhere have wi-fi nowadays.
Except in Australia.
Also the word of God is eternal, regardless of wi-fi.
>>
File: heh kid.jpg (8KB, 211x239px) Image search: [Google]
heh kid.jpg
8KB, 211x239px
>God is here too
I wonder if God is also present in bath houses or when a clueless twink gets his tight virgin boipucci pozzed.
>>
It's fine to have homosexual urges and be Christian but one cannot conduct homosexual acts and be Christian.
>>
>>6568177
>I personally ground my own beliefs in scripture.

You obviously have not read "scripture". Everything I said is in the bible. What now you little punk!

Matthew 16:24/Mark 8:34/Luke 9:23
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

Galatians 5:24
Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Ephesians 4:22
that, in reference to your former manner of life, you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit

Colossians 3:5
Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

1 Thessalonians 4:3
3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;

I won't even throw in all the scripture about homosexuality being an abomination. We already know it is.
>>
>>6571246

True Christians don't have homosexual urges or seuxal fantasies and thoughts. They've slayed their flesh and put to rest all lusts and desires through prayer in Jesus Christ. Jesus keeps all his devoted followers in check. The problem is there is billions of people claiming to be a Christian, yet they've never seen or heard from Jesus. These people aren't truly Jesus's sheep. Jesus talks to his followers supernaturally and guides them everyday of their life.
>>
>>6571183
of course he is. god maid aids to kill homosexual heathens
>>
File: russian evidence meme.png (33KB, 899x547px) Image search: [Google]
russian evidence meme.png
33KB, 899x547px
>>6570838
>>6571246
Proofs?
>>
>christfag
>>
>>6553746
"The income of the priest class is totally dependent on their continued ability to sell invisible goods to suckers, they praise and glorify faith to the skies, complimenting people on how much of it they have. If it weren't for faith, they'd be out of business, and they know it."
>>
I'm no longer religious, but maybe you guys have the answer.

How do you get over the guilt? I used to be religious and I went to Catholic school. I still feel guilt for my sexuality, even if I'm not religious.
Sometimes it's to the point where I think it would seriously harm my chances of getting into a relationship or maintaining one because it just feels so damn wrong to like men.
What do I do?
It feels so wrong and bad and evil
>>
>>6572444
The bible.
>>
File: image.png (439KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
439KB, 1334x750px
>gay
>abrahamic religion
How do people do this without being the self loathing gays like Ted Haggard?
>>
>>6575029
Pretending.
>>
>>6574822
You make a relationship with sound sweet and fulfilling. Not you personally, but the way you described it.

>>6574750
I probably would have an easier time if it wasn't for crazy sexual stereotypes.

I still just can't shake the wrong feeling, and I don't think it's because of lust. It could just be that I've been told that it's wrong for years and years.

Does the feeling go away after a nice relationship?
How do you guys circumvent hookup culture? I don't think I could have causal sex. More power to you if you enjoy it, but I'm not the type of person I don't think.
>>
>>6574750
>I honestly blame LGBT culture for this, I would have had a much easier time coming out if not for them, and the church would have a much easier time accepting us if more
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>6575184
>he said, fighting back his tears of rage
dohohohoho
>>
>>6574651
Personally, I still live with the guilt. A massive wave of regret always hits me the moment I cum and it's coupled with this disorienting feeling of doubt and hopelessness.

My partner struggles with it even more than I do and will actually start crying during sex from the shame. He attempted suicide twice before we met and remains heavily depressive. Apart from me, his faith is all that keeps him going.
>>
>>6575579
Yeah.
>>
>>6575584
rape fetish obv.
>>
>>6575567
>his faith is all that keeps him going.
Cosmic levels of irony.
>>
>>6553774
>am i letting my flesh get the best of me?

If you have to ask, you probably already know the answer.

>everyone has sex, its okay, right?

Have you read the Bible? Salvation is regularly referred to as the narrow path that pits Christians against the ordinary mores of the surrounding world. If anything 'everyone does it' is a red flag indicating that something is NOT moral, not that it is.

If you really think God gave you a woman's soul, why are you going to go through the agony of transition only to live a cheap and tawdry version of secular womanhood?
>>
>>6575584
Sex for me is a physical need. Fear of Hell wasn't enough to kill my erection so a few tears are nothing, as horrible as that sounds.

My partner is aware of what I need and insists that I continue until I'm finished. It's just one of the ways in which we support each other.

>>6575642
I've tried celibacy and found it impossible. My partner could live the way you describe, but not me.

We live for one another on account of our faith; telling us to "ditch" it is the worst advice you could possibly give us.
>>
>>6575744
You don't understand our situation. If he didn't have me, he'd almost certainly have succeeded in taking his own life by now. He cannot stop reiterating how worthless he believes himself to be, how he feels he's failed God, himself, and everyone he loves.

I'm his rock: he holds onto me in despair and I encourage him to look to his faith and find his own strength through Jesus.
>>
>>6575750
Dude, you seriously have no idea what you're talking about. You don't know me at all, so you're in no position to judge me.

Both he and I are weak in our own ways and make each other suffer differently. I go through a lot emotionally for him just as he does for me - it's give and take. We complement each other.
>>
>>6575858
Jeez, am I your partner?
I feel bad cause I like men
I want to have sex but I feel like I'll just break down

How do I stop this for fuck's sake
>>
>>6575820
We've actually discussed the possibility of me getting sex elsewhere, but he finds that prospect even more upsetting. He prefers the current arrangement. So there.

>>6575829
Not everyone can be perfect like you. It must be nice to be completely without sin.

>>6575840
I only wanted to explain how some shitty feelings never really go away and that you sometimes just need to learn to live with them. I also felt it was important to prove that religion offers positive solutions for gay people.

Shame on me, I guess.
>>
>>6575894
Problem:
I'm not a Christian anymore. I don't believe in god.
I did spend years in Catholic school though.
>>
Christianity and most religions are just a fucking book club about a story that many believe will improve their lives through its teachings (results may vary). Stop constantly trying to outdo each other for once and live your lives freely. Until you can do this you'll remain insecure and craving approval (which is sadly the case for a lot of LGBT).
>>
>>6575912
I haven't been in a relationship. Maybe it'll all melt away when I do.
>>
>>6575936
Where do I find said relationship
>>
>>6567882

That's not dealing with it. That's the exact opposite of dealing with it: it's deliberately ignoring the moral dilemma. Your feelings and what you like have no bearing on the types of behaviour which God does or does not sanction.

>>6575894
>Homosexuality is perfectly compatible with Christian morality under a specific context.

Yeah, the context of 'hurr it's just because it was considered demeaning in the ancient Mediterranean world', when Paul and the others were demonstraby unconcerned with validating the social mores of the time and very frequently flew right in their faces.
>>
>>6553746
God doesn't hate fags, unless they are bottoms, in that case you're not getting raptured
>>
>>6571303
kjv-only protestant detected
>>
>>6575721
>>6575736
am i supposed to be abstinent forever? Like, do i really have to get married before I can bone? i know what the bible says, but it seems like a long term committed relationship would be enough, right?
>>6575833
i think you're talking to rabbi.
>>
>>6578342
I think the whole marriage before sex wasn't God dictating sexual ethics or morality for all of humanity for all time. It was as simple as the woman being the property of their father or husband in those days and having sex with an unmarried woman was outright stealing the property of the father.
>>
>>6578353
this makes alot of sense; especially since I cant recall "do not fornecate" being explicitly repeated by Christ or Paul, just "sexual sin"
>>6578416
this is how i've interpreted it since i was a kid, this makes the MOST sense, and it easily solved.
>>
>>6578416
That's different from marriage though. It's possible to meet someone and get married the next day. If you read the Bible literally, that relationship is okay, while a long term committed relationship with sex but no marriage isn't.
>>
>bump
>>
Alright, advice please.
So boyfriend (maybe ex now if I can't figure this out) is into church. I am not into religion, and I don't care that he's Christian. Mostly because I figure that he attends a church that's ostensibly fine with an openly gay member, so it has to be a benign and tolerant group of people (right?).

When we started dating he invited me to church, and I turned him down. Asked him if it was a big deal then, and he said it's cool in a quick conversation. I assumed that was the end of it
After dating ~4 months, he asked me again to go to his church. So I tried to thank him for the invite, but politely decline. I mean I've invited him to my hobbies, and he declined. So I figured that wasn't too big a deal in the same way, because couples can have lives and interests apart from eachother (right?).
Before I could communicate that, or maybe he just got very upset with my hobby comparison, it turned into a big argument.
Eventually I decided to just attend, because I really didn't think it was something worth arguing over.
I go, it was boring, but I made an effort to appreciate it.
Boyfriend asks me after what I thought, I erred on the side of respect for his beliefs over brutal honesty.
Then he wanted to know if I "would accept Jesus as my personal savior." In a way that sounded like he was asking his deal breaker question. Told him, "I'd have to think about it."

That was yesterday, and I've not really chatted with him since.
So wat do?
Try to get him to accept a nonreligious boyfriend (I'm pretty sure I failed last time I tried this), fake religiosity to placate him (which would bother me)?

Also is a nonreligious bf a deal breaker for any of the christian gays here?
>>
>>6582528
Maybe stop being such a pushover and stand up for your beliefs.

My bf is a christian and he tried that shit all the time but I am not budging from atheism. I explained to him all my beliefs and why I think that way, not just "hurr I'm gay and christians are mean," but like actual beliefs. After that he stopped bugging me about it.
Religious people like to prey on those that they see have wavering belief systems. You need to establish that you have a strong set of beliefs and that you cannot be converted.
>>
>>6574800
There's literally nothing in the Bible about homosexuality being inherently wrong.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-29-16-49-02.png (131KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-29-16-49-02.png
131KB, 800x1280px
Hit me up
>>
What do you do if you're attracted to Christianity but the missionary emphasis of even the more progressive churches rubs you the wrong way?
>>
>>6582579

There's literally a death sentence in the Old Testament, probably derived from pre existing tribal law
>>
>>6582597
[citation needed]
>>
>>6553823

I can see there being a British gay man who admires Winston Churchill or a Japanese gay man who votes LDP, but Milo is a monster and the definition of a tool.
>>
>>6582610

Leviticus 20:13
>>
>>6582569
>Maybe stop being such a pushover and stand up for your beliefs.
I really value being open minded, and questioning my own beliefs too much to bother taking strong positions on many philosophical topics. I guess I consider that changeable nature a virtue, but I can see why that'd be considered a "pushover" characteristic.
If I were to take a stand for my beliefs today I'd end up saying inane platitudes like, "people take their beliefs way too seriously" maybe quote some Camus because I really enjoyed reading his essays on suicide a few years ago.
Besides I just don't care enough about subjects like theism/atheism/religion to do the research needed to form a strong position on it.

>You need to establish that you have a strong set of beliefs and that you cannot be converted.
I am worried that if I said that today it would end the relationship. I want to see if I can talk him down from a deal breaker, before asking him to stop pushing his religion on me.
>>
>>6582664
Well you probably went a little bit too far with the whole going to church thing so now you probably do need to be quite careful.
You could always just pretend like nothing happened and see if he notices lol

If he asks you to go to church again just tell him you don't think it's a good idea. But most likely at some point you are going to have to defend your position.
>>
>>6582622
That passage is a reiteration of Leviticus 18:22:

>Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

It's from a section that deals with prohibitions against idolatry, specifically worship of the pagan god Molech. The two most popular forms of Molech-worship were child sacrifice (forbidden in the passage that immediately precedes the one cited above) and ritual sex with male temple prostitutes. It's old pagan practices that are being forbidden here, not homosexuality in itself.

This is why context is important, anon.
>>
>>6582528
Have you tried reading the Bible?

I personally couldn't be in a relationship with a non-believer. I would be constantly agonizing over the state of his soul. It's bad enough knowing there are people I like who aren't saved, but someone I love? That would be unbearable.
>>
>>6582688
You're probably right about going to church to avoid a direct discussion being a mistake, and eventually I probably should develop a defensible position.
I am thinking about just asking him what he believes and why he believes it the next time the topic comes up. Like try to keep it as a sort of epistemological discussion rather than an adversarial discussion. It's what I'd do with coworkers that had really strong political positions or beliefs I didn't agree with, and that method sometimes even worked at moderating their positions while keeping things civil.

>>6582747
>Have you tried reading the Bible?
Yeah, I read some of it a few years ago (tried going cover to cover, couldn't get past Judges that way. So I just skipped the old testament, then read some of the new testament, and I think I finished Matthew, but quit again after that. Skimmed some of the stuff Paul wrote, then read revelations which was trippy). Reading the bible pushed me more towards atheism than theism, because I guess I thought the God presented in the bible I read seemed too artificial.
At this point with my biases I don't think I am really capable of reading the bible, or any other Abrahamic text, as anything other than mythology.
Luckily I don't think the bible is that important to my boy friend’s belief (pretty certain he doesn’t even own one, let alone study the bible.)

>I personally couldn't be in a relationship with a non-believer. I would be constantly agonizing over the state of his soul. It's bad enough knowing there are people I like who aren't saved, but someone I love? That would be unbearable.
This would make me feel awful. I haven't asked him much about his beliefs in hell, but I do know he believes in some kind of Salvation position. To be honest if he thought those kinds of things I'd almost want to talk him out of that belief set.
>>
Feel free to join a general chat about our christians values and our sexuality!
We talk about mostly talk about christianity but also videogames
https://discord.gg/Q6DC4
>>
>>6582528
>Also is a nonreligious bf a deal breaker for any of the christian gays here?
no, but thats just me.
in the bible it is specifically stated now to be "unequally yolked" and basically makes it clear not to have romantic relationships with non-believers
i would echo >>6582569
amd make it clear you dont believe, and why you dont believe, and if he leaves you because of it, thats fine.
>>
>>6582590
find a different church.
but spreading the gospel IS pretty important, but you can always just go to a big church and blend in, or, just NOT go on missions trips/do outreach
>>
>>6582986
If your boyfriend truly is a Christian, he must have a Bible somewhere. You should ask him if you can borrow it. That would definitely make him happy. Just try reading the Gospels with an open mind/heart, starting with Mark. Remind yourself how much faith can help people and how much it means to those you love (I assume your family is religious as well as your boyfriend). Things should start making sense.

Christianity is the only religion that I'm aware of that accepts everyone unconditionally. All gay men should logically be Christians in my opinion.
>>
>>6591381
>All gay men should logically prescribe to a religion
>There is no logical basis for not believing in *something*

I was a Christian. It's just not something I scientifically agree with. Believe what *you* want, but your opinion that I must belong to some religion has no basis in logic.

And while sinning according to rules for salvation set forth in the NT may not preclude anyone from being a Christian, that doesn't mean the religion's followers aren't largely sectarian idiots who will treat you like shit anyway.
>>
>>6582709
>It's old pagan practices that are being forbidden here, not homosexuality in itself.
False.
Not only does it not mention temple prostitution, the very passage is also closely followed by one about bestiality.
They're not 'just about'.
They're about all forms of homosexual interaction between 2 men, just like it's about all forms of sexual interaction between human and beast.

Also if I were to say "It's old pagan practices that are being forbidden here, not child sacrifice in itself." you'd rightly call me insane for suggesting child sacrifice is perfectly fine.
But it's the exact same logic you use to excuse homosexuality.

So, do you accept child sacrifice as being wholly compatible with the christian faith?
>>
File: Sadberg.gif (89KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Sadberg.gif
89KB, 500x375px
>>6586155
>amd make it clear you dont believe, and why you dont believe, and if he leaves you because of it, thats fine.
I understand and agree with you, but I am pretty certain I'll be an emotional basket case if/when I get dumped over this regardless of it being fine.

>>6591381
>If your boyfriend truly is a Christian, he must have a Bible somewhere. You should ask him if you can borrow it. That would definitely make him happy.
Good thought for reaching out, but it turns out he reads a King James bible from websites like biblehub. I'll ask him for passages.

>Just try reading the Gospels with an open mind/heart, starting with Mark.
Skimmed Mark a few years ago, and I think the problem is I'm open to the possibility that the bible isn't divinely inspired. I can't force myself to believe in it.

>Remind yourself how much faith can help people and how much it means to those you love (I assume your family is religious as well as your boyfriend).
My immediate family aren't religious, but I can appreciate why religious people including my boyfriend get comfort out of things like faith and absolution.
That said, absolution wouldn't make me feel much better about my life. Mortality doesn't really upset me, I am not seeking a relationship with a deity, or want any greater meaning in life beyond just doing what makes me mine and society better.
Maybe this naive, but I think of religiosity like drinking. Some people can enjoy it, some can't.

>Christianity is the only religion that I'm aware of that accepts everyone unconditionally. All gay men should logically be Christians in my opinion.
I think my boyfriend probably shouldn't be the kind of Christian I am afraid he is,
A) because I want our relationship to work, call me selfish.
B) because his beliefs don't seem very edifying.
C) he's having a hard time reconciling being gay with being a good christian, and I am terrified that he's going to try something like "pray away the gay."
>>
>>6591381
>Christianity is the only religion that I'm aware of that accepts everyone unconditionally
Your awareness is lacking.
>All gay men should logically be Christians in my opinion.
An absurd statement, daily disproven worldwide.
>>
File: image_25.jpg (82KB, 629x581px) Image search: [Google]
image_25.jpg
82KB, 629x581px
>let's remove the hate and stigma between our communitues
>but just remember aetheists are fedora tippers xDDD EBIN :DDD
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>6591381

>Christianity is the only religion that I'm aware of that accepts everyone unconditionally.

Buddhism is another one.
>>
>>6591676
The fact that homosexuality is referenced immediately after Molech is way too big of a coincidence. Why would it be linked to pagan ritual like that, but actually have nothing to do with pagan ritual?

And Jesus' sacrifice is the only one the Christian faith requires, so of course it isn't compatible.
>>
>>6591381
>Christianity is the only religion that I'm aware of that accepts everyone unconditionally.
Lmao I guess someone forgot to inform the Christians of that then
>>
>>6591999
>The fact that homosexuality is referenced immediately after Molech is way too big of a coincidence
Something has to follow. The bible can't end after a passage about child sacrifice.
And bestiality follows soon after.
yet I don't see you make the same argument for bestiality.
Of course you don't because you know it isn't related to any pagan rituals.

Saying "bestaility is a general law, but homosexuality and child sacrifice are specific about pagan rituals" then using the same logic you use to excuse homosexiuality, child sacrifice is excused too.

>Why would it be linked to pagan ritual like that, but actually have nothing to do with pagan ritual?
Even if it were linked, there's not a mention of temple prostitution, just men sleeping with other men.
And secondly, the same applies to bestiality.
bestiality is considered a general rule everyone should always follow and it closely follows about child sacrifice to Molech.

So if we're gonna use your logic, either all 3 are only banned in the context of pagan rituals, which means any of these 3 acts outside of the context of these rituals is ok, or they're all 3 general rules which should be followed at all times.

So, do you accept homosexuality, bestiality and child sacrifice as wholly compatible with the christian faith, or do you reject the 3 of them?
>>
>>6592100

Depends on which Christians. Some are nice to everyone, but most feel compelled as a duty to push other people to share their faith.
>>
>>6592118
Bestiality is identified more generally as an unnatural act at other points in the Bible, so we know it's a sin either way.

I've already explained why child sacrifice isn't compatible with Christianity.
>>
>>6591676
Then why is male same sex behavior prohibited but not female same sex behavior?
That's wholly illogical if not nonsensical
>>
>>6592244
>Bestiality is identified more generally as an unnatural act at other points in the Bible, so we know it's a sin either way.
So is homosexuality. Multiple times.
Proven by many scholars throughout the ages.
Unlike say this pro gay christian meme which coincidentally only came to be once lgbt acceptance became more common.

>I've already explained why child sacrifice isn't compatible with Christianity.
You weaseled yourself out of having to take a honest and sincere stance about the matter, literally using Jesus as a cop out to not having to face this contradiction.
Not surprising, that's generally how conflicted people behave.

You'll either have to resolve this conflict and face that homosexuality in all its forms goes against God's way, or you'll live a lie for the rest of your life.
That's on you to decide though.
>>
>>6592352
The word "homosexual"and the connotation and meaning it carries didn't even exist until less than 200 years ago.
So it again makes less sense for the bible to condemn a concept that really didn't exist, not to mention that Jesus established the most important thing as being to love God, and love others
>>
>>6592352
>So is homosexuality. Multiple times.

No, it isn't. I've seen the same passages thrown up over and over again, but their apparent injunctions against homosexuality melt away the moment they're placed back in their proper context. All it proves is that people don't actually want to read the Bible.

>weaseled yourself out

I simply answered your question. Jesus' sacrifice was the final sacrifice - He suffered and died in the way that he did so that none of the old ways would ever be necessary again. You don't even know how right you were in describing Jesus as a "cop-out". That's exactly what He is. He's the ultimate cop-out, provided by God for all of us. All He requires is that you follow Him.
>>
File: s1050091.jpg (258KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
s1050091.jpg
258KB, 1024x768px
I'd ask this thread to explain why "all sins are equal," and two guys having oral sex is = to stealing to God, but it's a moot question now, because I've (>>6591823, >>6582664, >>6582986, >>6582528 anon) been dumped.

Apparently having sex that he prays for forgiveness for afterwards (because evil sodomy), being unable to get married (because secular marriage is meaningless/one man one woman), and it was all just way too much on top of that for me to exclude Jesus from our relationship.
I guess he's going to look for a Christian guy, or try to "overcome his lusts." Me I am going to spend a few weeks hoping he comes back, then obsessively criticizing myself for not being good enough.

That said, thanks GCT for your input.
>>
A gay autistic dude I know is very knowledgeable about religion, like boring multi volume encyclopedia knowledgeable, and considering the Anglican priesthood. From what I've heard from him neither he or his church consider his sexuality to clash with this ambition, so more power to him.
>>
>>6571290
I'm not directing this solely at you but only making an observation. It would seem that all of these sins apply to any non-procreative sex.
It's always the gays who are told they need to refrain from all lust and become celibate, and yet the far larger straight population despite having the total apparatus to be with the person they love as long as they are puritan about it, vastly chooses to be degenerate fornicators anyway.
How come nobody goes to /soc/ to combat the hook up culture? Why is it only the generals on /lgbt/ representing tiny minorities that get constantly bombarded with messages about their sinful nature? I'm not even saying they shouldn't get those messages. It would just be nice to see some consistency.
>>
Do I have to be Christian to get a Christian bf? I'm by no means fedora tier, I respect religion (specifically Christianity the most) and it's central role in society and how important it is for billions of people. I'm 100% about relationships and have zero want for casual sex.
The actual believing in a supernatural being is something that I just can't really get into.
>>
>2016
>believing that there's an invisible man in the sky watching us

l m a o
>>
>>6606441
It depends whether they're just nominally Christian or if they're genuinely serious about it. There are some for whom your lack of faith would be a deal-breaker.

See: >>6582747
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.