[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conventions or geek communities that have flat out been against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: tumblrpost05.png (508KB, 597x766px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrpost05.png
508KB, 597x766px
Conventions or geek communities that have flat out been against the LGBT community. Ironic considering for the longest time, that whole world was picked on.

OP pic source, Tfcon Toronto staff @cheersian and Twitter account Tfcon is a very open anti gay pusher and homophobe. Terrible people.
>>
File: Noose.jpg (10KB, 253x380px) Image search: [Google]
Noose.jpg
10KB, 253x380px
Going through his account, he looks like a Hilary supporting and seems to have a lot of anti LGBT talk.

Seems really against gay marriage.
>>
NYPA faggot
Most comic book fans I know are extremely hostile towards people forcing their fanfiction all over established characters, regardless if it's fujoshit or just completely in the face of canon
Discussion of characters is one thing, but this picture that has gotten so much attention is not worthy of celebration in any degree
It's a male couple cosplaying as Rogers and Barnes and making out like pigs
Not a political statement
>>
>>6523130
>Conventions or geek communities that have flat out been against the LGBT community.
Wow, who would have thought?
WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK DID YOU EXPECT?
PEACE AND LOVE?
HAHAHA FUCK YOU!
>>
>>6523130
the anime community is here for you and waiting with open arms. Welcome Home.
>>
>>6524866
This, dunno if you've been on /a/ or /jp/ recently but it's pretty gay
>>
>>6523130
There is a huge representation of LGBT in the geek community. There are also many of us that don't believe in pandering to minorities (including us)

Marvel's obsession with "progressiveness" (Thor as a woman, Spiderman as a black guy, Ironman as a black woman, and so on) strikes me as a cheap tactic for publicity and honestly a little insulting. Why not create new original characters that give representation to minorities?
>>
>>6523130
The problem is TFcon during it's early years was a super sexist piece of shit, now it's just a bunch of "anti-homo" guys like @cheersian and @tfcon (whoever runs that account)

The whole staff is scum
>>
Making out is fine and all but people like this are obviously trying to piss people off. Normal hetero adult couples dont make out like this in public.

But you put a camera on a gay person and its shirts off time.
>>
>>6523130
>muh oppression
fuck off
>>
>>6524881
why not just make good comics instead of poisoning everything with """equality""?
fucking cancer
>>
File: 1407608653635.jpg (95KB, 549x383px) Image search: [Google]
1407608653635.jpg
95KB, 549x383px
>>6525416
>Normal hetero adult couples dont make out like this in public
Have you ever seen someone so straight up wrong that you can't figure out if they're being wrong on purpose or if they're just so clueless that their entire worldview is factually incorrect?
>>
>>6524877
3dpd
>>
>>6524881
>Why not create new original characters that give representation to minorities?
Well they tried that, but for some strange reason it didn't go very well, almost as though people won't buy underfunded comics that aren't sold anywhere or some bullshit like that. Honestly its the consumers fault for being so racist, definitely not us I swear!
>>
>>6525446
>normal hetero guys love to rub their sexuality on your face
you wish faggot
>>
>>6525468
go back to tumblr
>>
>>6525435
Making heroes that represent your audience is just good business.

>>6525468
If you think Marvel is racist, your head is all of the way up your ass.
>>
>>6525501
Not racist, just clueless and doing it wrong.
>>
>>6525501
good business is cancer
its feminist's fault
they love to poison everything they touch
>>
>>6525501
people read comic books for escapism. its why spiderman is so perfect, he perfectly represents beta white male cucks because spidey has that internal conflict within while at the same time being a beloved superhero with a mask he dons to truely hide his emotions
>>
File: pos.png (579KB, 937x798px) Image search: [Google]
pos.png
579KB, 937x798px
What a piece of shit
>>
>>6525435
The problem, at this point there are two options.

Either you continue the old formula and the one side cries "Muhsoginy"

Turn it around and the other side whines "ESSJEYWEES"

There's no winning. Don't play at all, and stop giving about this sjw/anti-sjw narrative. It's not even important in day to day life, so drop your hindspasms.
>>
File: Daily Reminder....png (543KB, 1139x898px) Image search: [Google]
Daily Reminder....png
543KB, 1139x898px
>>6523130
We're here for you anon...
>>
>>6525477
I'd make one of those 4chan collages that cherry pick to prove a really really stupid miniscule point that would help me win this argument.

Then again, I just don't care enough.
>>
>>6523130
this isn't a convention or a geek community. it's a guy with a twitter account.

are you really not acclimated to the fact that these people exist yet?
>>
>>6525971
how old are the people that make these type of pictures

this is literally "reads Fight Club once" tier retardedness
>>
>>6526030
It's "ironic".

It's actually just fucking retarded. But because it's ironic they think it's not cringe.
>>
>>6525987
When the 2 main guys running the convention are like this (Even the convention's main Twitter account liked and retweeted the image)

It's just bad form.
>>
>>6525446
>me making out as if im in highschool is normal behavior
I guess its not any less degenerate than comic con in general.

Where do you live? Is it a higher income area?
>>
>>6526092
Its freedom of speech, and the internet is not your personal safespace. Sounds like you should be moving to canada.
>>
>>6526030
>reads
>not watches

Surely you jest.
>>
>>6524815

LOL

CAPT IS A GIRL IN THAT PIC

THEYRE STRAIGHT
>>
>>6525965
>there are two options.
thats a very sjw thing to say senpai
>>
>>6525976
I accept your defeat
>>
>>6526184

They're both girls.

It's a thing where they dress up like a pairing and take pictures... for some fucking reason. I'll legitimately never understand why they thought it was ok to do this in front of the people that play those characters. It must be incredibly uncomfortable for them.
>>
>>6526184
>>6526983
Fukken fujoshits cosplaying making it hard to tell who's a faggot and who's a rug munching dyke
>>
>>6523130
Da fuq are you talking about?

I guess it might be unique up here in Minnesota, but the cons here (Con of the North, 2DCON, WizardCon, etc) have a lot of queers. I'm not just calling cos-players queer either. Tons of gay and lesbian couples, lots of trannies of various flavors. Somehow I've managed to end up in games with the same gay couple for 3 years straight. The Asian guy's powerbottom jokes stopped being funny after about 20 minutes, though he is cute as all hell.
>>
>>6523130
Speak English you retarded nigger.
>>
>>6524881
to be fair black spiderman is pretty based, asgard shit is awful though.
>>
>>6525416
are you aware that cap is a girl here?
>>
>>6523130
>that whole world was picked on
Why do people keep using this as if it meant that they must be nice to others? Being picked on means you should understand how it feels, not that you should never do it.
>>
>>6525416
>Normal hetero adult couples dont make out like this in public.
Sometimes hetero couples are making out so aggressively in public that they're one misplaced hand away from having sex in public, lol.

But since they're hetero, you and all the other "double standard" bearers just look the other way and pretend it isn't happening.

Simply put, some people are retarded and that's that. You can not like it as much as you want, but it's a pretty shitty excuse to hate teh gays, so you should really look for a better one.
>>
File: girlslaughing.jpg (36KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
girlslaughing.jpg
36KB, 250x225px
>>6525416
> Normal hetero adult couples dont make out like this in public.

he really believes this
>>
>>6525435
Because they're trying to get money?

Has it never occurred to any of you that comics are a business? They're not some richass artists making it all as a hobby because they have no need for any extra income. It's a job and they want to get paid.

People are allowed to ask for whatever they want, and the comic creators are allowed to listen to whoever they want for whatever reason. Right now, they're betting on what you call poisonous equality to make bank.

And the reason they keep doing it to the heroes who are already there is because the people who are currently buying comics will probably not stop buying them over a black trans female gay amputee thor, but maaaybe they'll get a few extra sales for SJWs as well.

If anything, "normal" comic book readers should blame noone but themselves for all of this. This is only happening because they're not buying enough comics. And now that this cat is out of the bag, it doesn't even matter if they decide to start buying them.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.