[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I come out to my parents as non-binary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 7084.jpg (20KB, 300x480px) Image search: [Google]
7084.jpg
20KB, 300x480px
How do I come out to my parents as non-binary?
>>
>>6353076
1. Flip a coin until it lands on edge
2. "Dat me"
>>
Hwo far do you plan on going in order to be yourself?
>>
>>6353076
don't come out yet

wait until you grow up, just to make sure this isn't a stupid phase

if you're still 'non-binary' when you're 25 or older, then come out the easy way: phone call, 'im genderqueer', hang up
>>
>>6353076
>"Mom, dad. I'm sixteen and I want attention."
>"We know, honey."
>>
>>6353258
just wanting them to stop using overly specific pronouns for me, simple things like that.
>>
>>6353076
you dont.
for what fucking purpose even.
if you want to do hrt just tell them youre a tranny theres no reason to bother people with this
>>
>>6353307
I guess I'm just tired of living a lie? Is that hard to understand?
>>
>>6353319
nigga i dont know if you understand but youre not living a lie when people will call you by the pronouns which you look like by default is it really that hard to acknowledge
stop giving a fuck about pronouns and make your life easier
nobody is going to fucking accomodate your pronoun needs unless they have a reason to and if you have to ask on fucking 4chan out of all places how you "come out" to your parents as nb youre just giving off that youre a stupid piece of shit that wants attention

t. nb person
>>
>>6353338
well if you're just here to troll then no thanks
>>
>>6353361
no youre just fucking retarded if youre not going to do anything to your body but only whine about nonspecific pronouns because otherwise they provide you with distress seek fucking therapy to desensitize you and make your life a billion times easier
youre compareable to old hons who complain when they dont get called mam in public
if you want to live your life getting reminded of gendered pronouns by fucking everyone who isnt at least an aquaintance at work and cringe at it every time more power to you just keep suffering and playing your victim scheme
seriously nobody other that people that you have to interact with on a daily basis will bend to your emotional needs because they simply dont give a shit
and why the fuck do you post here, clearly youre looking for advice so heres youre advice:
1) you just fucking tell your parents whatever you want from them and stop being a fucking passive bitch
2) fucking dont tell them and keep crying on the inside like the emotional child that you are
>>
>>6353076
Tell them you have a mental illness or use "Ma, Pa i have something to tell you and its life changing. I have AIDS. Just kidding, im just non-binary."
>>
>>6353258
that's some Zarathustra shit right there
>>
I'm non-binary. I was already an adult when I learned the term for what I was grew up feeling. I wondered for a long time if I was the other gender, but that was never right either.

Consider what your parents are like. Do you get along with them? If they're super traditional, conservative or religious, you'll want to fish around for their thoughts and opinions before deciding if it's worth the potential hassle of telling them. I could have talked to my mother about it as a child, probably, but no way with my father.

Listen to their tone of voice about the matter as well as their words. If they're angry or prone to violence about it in the first place, don't do it, just hang on to it and wait till you're an adult. They can't do anything to you then, like kick you out, and you can have the space of your own home to live as you please. Otherwise, just tell them. Even if they have a negative reaction or opinion, or claim otherwise, parents DO tend to change their minds and opinions when its their OWN child in question.

In any case, it will take time for everyone, including you, to get used to it, so try to be patient while not letting mean and ignorant people get under your skin. Good luck, I hope some of this is helpful to you.
>>
>>6353262
this seems like the best way
>>
>>6353076
>How do I come out to my parents as non-binary?

Spill some of your gender fluid into their coffe.

"You know that taste in your mouth?"
"Yes, what is it?"
"It's not male or female. POW!"
>>
>>6353319
>I guess I'm just tired of living a lie?
Well you are non-binary so you kinda do...
>>
I don't understand why people still identify as non-binary. It's widely seen as a joke now. Just be the gender you are but gender non-conforming or even androgyne (which is like the gender term for androgynous which is what I use since I'm dysphoric).

You don't have to necessarily come out all the way, just ask them to use your preferred name and pronouns (if you have them). Then fully come out when you know that they're comfortable with it.
>>
>>6362499
>even androgyne (which is like the gender term for androgynous which is what I use since I'm dysphoric)
Isn't that literally non-binary but even more confusing?
>>
>>6353076
It's don't
>>
>>6361914
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: top kek.jpg (13KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
top kek.jpg
13KB, 500x332px
>>6361914
>>
>mom, dad, I need more attention
>>
Honestly I told my parents a decade ago I'm transgender they assumed being male not female was implied in that. Over then yars I let them know most trasnpeople see themselves as just men or women however my dysphoria fucks me up on both.

It helps that I am intermediate visually comparatively because my family is all alpha jocks, also helps my parents had talks about me turning into a tranny at about 3 given my behavior, expression and physicality.

Perky small breasts at 13 helped too.
>>
>>6361843
thank you for this. I was honestly thinking of bringing it up at our next family get together so I could tell the maximum number of people at once. that would probably be sometime this summer. so far I have only told my sister and she is super supportive of me. but I'm just kind of scared of how they will respond.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.