[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gender Ideology Harms Children: American College of Pediatricians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1458385738638.jpg (109KB, 693x779px) Image search: [Google]
1458385738638.jpg
109KB, 693x779px
I'll just leave this here

>“The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality”

>This child-health advocacy group has released a report that determines, among other things:

> 1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder.
> 2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.
> 3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking.
> 4. Puberty is not a disease, and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous.
> 5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98 percent of gender confused boys and 88 percent of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.
> 6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.
> 7. Rates of suicide are 20 times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT–affirming countries.
> 8. Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse.

https://archive.is/wI1yx
>>
>>5891443
>1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder.
What has homo/hetero-sexual have to do with transsexualism?

> 2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.
Except the human experiments John Money, and the hopkins hospital, performed showed the opposite

This little rant somebody wrote isn't gonna pass a peer review, unless the people reviewing it are specifically chosen.
There has already been a study, which I think was peer reviewed, that showed that trans treatment in children helped them immensely.
>>
>The American College of Pediatricians (ACPeds) is a socially conservative association of pediatricians and other healthcare professionals in the United States. The College was founded in 2002 by a group of pediatricians including Joseph Zanga, a past president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), as a protest against the AAP's support for adoption by gay couples.[1][2] The group's membership has been estimated at between 60 and 200 members.
Fringe lunatics don't make you right
>>
We need to corrupt more young men ._.
>>
There's 0 proof that feminizing young boys does any good except for EXTREME fringe cases
Don't fall for the Base Rate Cognitive Bias pls
>>
>>5891587
except they don't. They wait and see till puberty and give delaying and fully reversible meds then.

Citing people who were kicked out by lol the organizations is pretty sad. You've gone into confirmed crackpots.

Sad conspiracy theorist.
>>
>>5891574
/thread
i was about to post something similar after doing a little research on their organization.

just a small group of far right nutjobs
>>
the American College of Pediatricians is a much smaller socially conservative association (estimates between 60 to 200 members), compared to the more prestigious and much larger professional group, the American Academy of Pediatrics that has over 60,000 members. In terms of size and prestige it's like comparing Yankees to little league baseball.
In short you should be skeptical with anything that comes out of ACP because they are a self-proclaimed socially conservative association and their conservative bias has produced studies that fly in the face of the research of the much more objective and neutral AAP.
>>
>>5891443
A quick search indicates that the "American College of Pediatricians" is not some unbiased scientific organization, but a socially conservative group founded SPECIFICALLY to oppose the right of gay couples to adopt children.

>1. Human sexuality is an objective biological binary trait: “XY” and “XX” are genetic markers of health – not genetic markers of a disorder.
"Sexuality" means who you're attracted to, and is neither binary nor objective nor completely biological. An XY and XX tell you nothing about your health, any other chromosome configuration is some kind of disorder, but you cannot assume someone has no DSD (disorder of sexual development) just because they have XX or XY chromosome.

>> 2. No one is born with a gender. Everyone is born with a biological sex. Gender (an awareness and sense of oneself as male or female) is a sociological and psychological concept; not an objective biological one.
Claiming that is true would require refuting the "brain sex" studies which show that gender differences exist in a part of the brain that is NOT significantly subject to neuroplasticity.

> 3. A person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking.
Come back when you find a way of "un-confusing" trans people's thinking.

>4. Puberty is not a disease, and puberty-blocking hormones can be dangerous.
Puberty may not be a disease, but that doesn't change the fact that going through it didn't really have any positives for me. And I'd like to see a source that says puberty blocking hormones are dangerous.

>5. According to the DSM-V, as many as 98 percent of gender confused boys and 88 percent of gender confused girls eventually accept their biological sex after naturally passing through puberty.
I'd like to see where exactly in the DSM-V you guys found this. None of the excerpts I've seen suggest anything along these lines.
>>
>>5891443
>>5892328
>6. Children who use puberty blockers to impersonate the opposite sex will require cross-sex hormones in late adolescence. Cross-sex hormones are associated with dangerous health risks including but not limited to high blood pressure, blood clots, stroke and cancer.
[citation needed]

> 7. Rates of suicide are 20 times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBQT–affirming countries.
Yes, 20 times greater than the GENERAL POPULATION, not compared to untreated gender dysphoric people. That's like saying we shoudn't treat cancer patients because even after treatment they're still more likely to die than people without cancer. And even then the elevated suicide rate only applies prior to 1989.

> 8. Conditioning children into believing a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse.
It's not normal, but leaving medical conditions in children untreated IS child abuse. You might as well say we should ban physically disabled children from getting wheelchairs since that's conditioning them into thinking it's "normal and healthful" to not be able to walk.

>>5891587
Pretty much all research indicates that leaving gender dysphoria untreated makes people miserable and mentally unhealthy. That's why it's in the DSM in the first place. If you want to be taken seriously, get an actual source to cite rather than crying that all the extant research is wrong because of your feels.
>>
>>5891443
It's a BS scare sheet.
>>
Why are people using archive for everything now?
>>
>>5891544
You do realize that John Money, the very person who is hailed for recognizing the difference between gender and biological sex, experimented on a child, molested him and his brother and caused that child to live a tortured life until he killed himself in 2004? His name is David Reimer, look him up. No, I'm not saying that there isn't a such thing as gender dysphoria, there definitely is. But gender dysphoria is when a person's brain is too much like the brain of the opposite sex. So gender dysphoria is a developmental issue, not an emotional one. Gender identity is not primarily learned, it is biologically given to us by our genes. Some people don't live up to the stereotypes of their gender or do well with gender roles. I was always a tomboy, I don't do well with girly stuff. That does not mean I'm a guy inside, though. These people are scientists who are doing research and see how harmful this whole idea of transgenderism being normal and okay at a young age can be. I don't think that a person should be able to make that choice until they're old enough to understand the consequences, people are giving hormone blockers and other medications to young kids to transition them to the opposite sex! This is wrong and this child abuse, these children do not understand the consequences of what they are doing. It's not that I'm against transgender people, I believe that you should be able to do whatever makes you happy. But there are some choices you just simply cannot make until you are older and young children should not be exposed to transgenderism. I think that it should be taught in sex ed in high school, at the very most.
>>
>>5892328
Really? Why do they care? It doesn't affect them in anyway. Why can't they just let people live their lives?
>>
>>5893439
Isn't the point of blockers to allow the person to make the full choice when they're older? And that way they're not fucked by puberty if they go through with it.
>>
>>5893439
That's what blockers are for. Letting a trans person grow up cis is just as damaging and making a cis person grow up trans. And when someone does show strong signs of being trans as a child, it's child abuse to insist they go through natural puberty and ruin their body. It's not any "better" or "safer" just because it's natural.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.