[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

society

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: index.php.png (294KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
index.php.png
294KB, 1000x1000px
does anyone else feel generally pessimistic about society's feelings towards homosexuals and lgbt people in general.

I feel like people are still dicks, and that shit aint changing anytime soon.
>>
>>5891226
But it's the current year :^)

In all seriousness, it's just something we have to live with. People are always dicks everywhere. Stand above and don't be a dick. Or succumb to being a total asshole just like everyone else most of the time.
>>
>>5891226
eh only smalltowners have me feeling that way
but in major cities- folks tend to be cool on the whole.
>>
>>5891226
It's human nature to feel instinctively revulsed by gays so it's normal that many people still feel that way despite all the political/cultural pressure to conform to the pro-LGBT zeitgeist over the last decade or so. But you probably live in a first world country so the most you'll have to deal with is dirty looks and maybe getting called a faggot from time to time, which you should be able to deal with.
>>
I hate gay people lol :)
>>
>>5891226
Maybe if you stopped defending cancerous ideologies like Islam, there wouldn't be a problem
>>
I just hope all this hatred helps young ones make right choices about their sexualities. I'll get burned alive for some little kid
>>
Insecurity looks for an outlet, and lgbt people are the path of least resistance. History's most vulnerable groups have always received the most shit from people who can't deal with their baggage.
>>
>>5891229
Big-city mentality is shit though. It's a huge melting pot of things, it promotes lack of cultural identity in the name of "internationality" (all big cities look the same, more or less) and they're often chock full of immigrants. I don't give a fuck if I get called out as a man-faced lesbian (which happens), it's the least of my problems. It's not like people expressing not-so-kind opinions about me will change my life in any way. I love living in a small community because it's still a real place with a distinctive identity and history (since I live in Europe, there's plenty of it in small communities). Not a globalized shit hole.
>>
>>5891226

I'm 28 and have worked at Bank of America, Lockheed Martin, and now a smaller community bank.

At least in mid to large size companies, no one would dare discriminate or spout shit against LGBT people. Back at Lockheed we had a gay program director who was widely loved. Another executive from our Dallas factory came into Orlando and started making fun of him behind his back. He was demoted and shipped back to Dallas the next day.
>>
>>5891226
Are you asking if I would gladly kill all other people I've ever met?

Yes, of course.

Otherwise, I don't really know what you were saying, you talk like a worthless bitch.
>>
>>5891229
>but in major cities- folks tend to be cool on the whole.
Only in the rich and (mostly) white parts of major cities.
>>
>>5891226
Depends where you live. In many areas the hype about improved lgbt public opinion is totally overblown and literally the only aspect that accepting is mainstream media.
>>
>>5891226
How come /pol/ has a gayer haircut than /lgbt/?
>>
>>5891384
>>5891419
you're not wrong there
I guess I just favour that flavour of bad with good
>>
>>5891226
>It's almost like the rest of the world doesn't still have mandatory death sentences for gays
>>
>>5891487
this

i live in a pretty damn liberal area, but in my high school for example, teachers were only respectful when in front of the lgbt person in question. kids had no obligation to act "nice" to their peers, and while i dont know of anyone getting specifically beat up for being gay or trans or whatever people acted really shitty towards the few trans people there.
>>
>>5891226
>I feel like people are still dicks, and that shit aint changing anytime soon.
I live in CA, most people on the street are very nice to /lgb/ people. My family are judgemental picks tho so im not out to them.
>>
>>5891226
really depends on where you live, don't take this as me bragging about some great accomplishment or something, I was just born here, but where I live, lgbtwtfbbqs are treated equally, really quite lucky to have been born in the city I was born in because I live in a redneck state, and this city is like the only one that's actually gay friendly because of unis here, so about 90% of the people living here are not actually from here
>>
>>5891629
I hate living in a first world country...
>>
>>5891226
I pray every night for the day of the rope and the reign of virtue
>>
>>5891226
>does anyone else feel generally pessimistic about society's feelings towards homosexuals and lgbt people in general.
I lost my hope and faith in acceptance years ago.
>>
>>5891777
Checked desu
>>
>>5891226
Not in my case. I went from almost getting arrested for holding my bfs hand in public to being able to do it without anyone saying anything. Living in the same place and all.
>>
>>5891823
>getting arrested
Where the fuck do you live, Anon?
>>
>>5891842
In a magical place known as the third world ofc

But it's ok, we can even get married now.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.