[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me come out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (60KB, 598x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 598x292px
Probably still won't. I've been HRT for years and out at work without really talking about my gender. Out at school and basically everywhere but hone. Late 20s and live my dad still.

But I haven't come out to him or he rest of my family. They must all know, probably. Unless they're in hardcore denial. But anyway I feel like I can't just open my mouth and tell them. What's wrong with me? This is getting to be painful.
>>
tell us about your family

if I can come out to fundies anything can happen
>>
>>5872917
Have you had any indications that they know? Have they noticed your changes from hormones at all?
>>
>>5872917
I'd talk with a therapist to figure out strategies for getting over your fears.
>>
Who knows, maybe your family just assumes your gay, and explaining things to them would not change anything from their perspective but would take a load off of your mind.
>>
>>5872959
Dad is sort of liberal, has worked with gay charities and things. He's intellectual type. Stepmom is very conservative and involved in local and national politics. Works directly under one of the US senators here. Very outgoing and outspoken, has gay friends but doesn't support gay marriage and stuff.

Mom lives two hours away, mostly liberal I think? Kinda apolitical and have no idea how she'd react. Raised as a hardworking Hispanic girl, spent time in military. Stepdad seems kinda homophobic, says things like "gay marriage should totally be legal but I honestly have no idea what I'd do if one of my kids were gay."

Brother is an alcoholic who gets into meth and things sometimes. Lives with his gf in their mutually abuaive relationship. Whenever he makes an appearance in my life it just introduces chaos and hurt. Seriously crazy shit. Steals my electronics, breaks things, gets stabbed by gf and needs me to take him to the hospital.

So yeah this is my immediate family. In August I'm scheduled to go with dad and stepmom to visit extended family for the first time in maybe 2 decades. Nervous as fuck, his family is hardcore conservative Christian and all that.

>>5874034
I've always left my hormones just out on my desk, dad knows I see endocrinologist. He's seen me in "girl clothes" and I have fem hairstyle. Visible breasts. Been on hormones for years. He's found sex toys of mine ugh

>>5874100
Maybe would be best, but I can't really afford it. Would be nice to have insurance.

>>5874164
I have no idea man.
>>
Oh and when we go out to eat together waiters and waitresses always call me "she"
>>
>>5874623
>In August I'm scheduled to go with dad and stepmom to visit extended family for the first time in maybe 2 decades. Nervous as fuck, his family is hardcore conservative Christian and all that.

Other than this the family doesn't sound too bad, at least for coming out to them. Some of them will doubtless be apprehensive and try to talk you out of it but it doesn't sound like anyone's going to be violently antagonistic. Brother sounds like a piece of work but that's beside the point. Spin it as 'intersex' rather than 'transgender', look up some studies and tell them if they match your experience, maybe if your parents have the money submit to some sort of brain test for proof. I've found that argument works surprisingly well even on a lot of very conservative religious people, myself included.
>>
>>5874623
Fucking retard your dad knows. Just tell him outright and end his misery wondering if his son is a failure of a man.
>>
>>5874644
I know it doesn't sound too bad. And I know they probably all already know. But I'm seriously terrified, even if it's irrational. Not sure what's wrong with me here. I've been meaning to come out for YEARS but it never happens :/

Bleh
>>
>>5874675

My advice to you would be to stop trying to narrate the fear away, embrace it, accept that you have to do it anyway, and realise that even the worst that's likely to happen is still worth the catharsis of being open about it.
>>
>>5874623
>I've always left my hormones just out on my desk, dad knows I see endocrinologist. He's seen me in "girl clothes" and I have fem hairstyle. Visible breasts. Been on hormones for years. He's found sex toys of mine ugh
do you think your dad is literally retarded?
>>
>>5874623
>Brother is an alcoholic who gets into meth and things sometimes.
At least you can say you aren't on illegal drugs.

>>5874641
>Oh and when we go out to eat together waiters and waitresses always call me "she"
Roll with it, and use that to out yourself. Tell them you are trans just after the waitress leaves. "Say something like "Oh, that reminds me, I'm transgender.". Then be prepared to tell them what it means to be transgender, and how it is set from birth just like being gay or lesbian is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.