[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternatives to Spironolactone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: pill.jpg (526KB, 2408x1690px) Image search: [Google]
pill.jpg
526KB, 2408x1690px
Due to spiro possibly causing the excessive exhaustion I have been experiencing, I may need to stop taking it. What are the US available alternatives to it? What are their pluses and minuses?

Currently I'm taking 2 * 100mg spiro a day, 2 * 2mg Estrace sublingual a day, and a 5mg finasteride once a day.
>>
>>5611218
>spiro possibly causing the excessive exhaustion I have been experiencing

kek, i like it because its letting me sleep easier these days.

otherwise just exercise.
>>
Get some exercise.

>got off my ass and started walking around the neighborhood.
>10 days in, able to cover more distance each day.
>losing weight, feel better, and don't fall asleep at 2pm every day.
>>
>>5611230
>>5611321
>otherwise just exercise.
I'm used to being active all day, and still can lift heavy weights. Unfortunately my endurance is gone. 6 months ago, at 14 months of spiro use, I could have carried 50lbs feed sacks all morning, now I have to put it down immediately or collapse. I'm so tired I can't get my work done.
>>
>>5611218
>Due to spiro possibly causing the excessive exhaustion I have been experiencing
I've had the same experience, which I've narrowed down to the spiro.
I'm going to order either bicalutamide or cyproterone, although I'm selfmed scum so the commonality in the US isn't a factor for me.
After my research, I'm convinced that bicalutamide is the best AA, although it's expensive.
(I'm also the person who has been trying to find the person who ordered it in bulk from alibaba)
>>
(see >>5605558)
although I can never get more info from this person
>>
>>5611218
i have a friend who had a negative reaction to spiro and takes micronized progesterone instead. it works great for her, her testosterone levels are literally zero.
>>
>>5611478
>micronized progesterone
is one I'm interesting in.

>>5611440
>bicalutamide
It seams good too, but it also lists exhaustion as a possible side effect.

I need to consult with my hormones doc. Get her in the loop on this exhaustion issue.
>>
>>5613469
the thing is progesterone isn't really an AA

with any AA there is a risk of low energy because androgens are energetic. it's a weaker version of asking for a diuretic that doesn't have a risk of dehydration
>>
>>5613699
My energy levels have been flat-lined. I now get tired climbing the stairs in my home, when 6 months ago I wouldn't have noticed the effort. It's much more of a drop than normal loss of androgens would do.
>>
>>5613917
i'm not denying that you have exhaustion or that it's worse with spiro, just saying that with anti-androgens you're always going to have at least some risk and that's inherent to the medication
>>
>>5611218
other alternatives? cypro

but cypro causes depression so just cut your balls off lol
>>
>>5613917
Also, take a look at what you're eating now compared to before you started taking spiro. You might be deficient in something now that you weren't before. Definitely talk with your doctor about this soon. You need your job.
>>
>>5617585
Food issues have also been on my mind. I've wondered if I'm getting to high of potassium levels. On the whole my diet has been very consistent over the past few years, but potassium levels went up on my last two CMB panels, and was close to the top on my last one 7 months ago. I need to get my doc to do a potassium or full CMB panel.
>>
>>5618048
potassium goes up because spiro is potassium sparing. you need to reduce it in your diet and make an effort to do so
>>
Spiro makes me tired and fainty, but I've found that large amounts of caffeine daily mostly attenuates that.
>>5618164
Remember: Reduce, not eliminate! Too many people make that mistake with spiro >_<
>>
>>5611218
5mg Finasteride???????
That is the dose if you have benign prostate hypertrophy.
Get a fucking pillcutter and cut your Proscar in 4 or better 5 pieces. 1mg will be sufficient against male pattern baldness. That's why Propecia is 1mg.

More than 0,65mg Finasteride will show no more decrease of DHT.

Also drink enough water and eat less bananas, when ob spiro.
>>
>>5618249
should I just eat my 5mg/4 pills every other day? is there a study on this?
>>
there are gnrh analogues. buserelin doesn't even need to be an injection, and can be given in a twice a day or something intranasal spray. common in london, ontario for some reason. most are expensive, but also often covered by insurance it seems. i think the intranasal buserelin buserelin prep may even be cheaper but idk for sure.

i take cpa. you don't want to be on that forever. i've been on it for coming up to a decade and a half. hopefully havent done any perma damage. way overdue for surgery. gratefully it seems to be covered by the province for real again, even interim orchi, it seems. hopefully somehow the wait for that isn't too long, unlike the srs pileup
>>
Why take finasteride and spiro?

Doesn't spiro already prevent male pattern baldness? I mean, that was like the original reason it was invented. The only reason finasteride is even a thing is so that cis men can prevent MPB without nuking their testosterone receptors.
>>
>>5621620
Spiro is for treating hyperaldosteronism which is when the body produces to much aldosterone. It also has the side effect of being a diuretic, and blocking the AR receptors in most types of cells.

Spiro doesn't work for treating MPB because some cells produce their own T and convert it to DHT. Finasteride or Dutasteride will block the T to DHT conversion. In women Spiro is used to treat hirsutism.

The fun thing with bicalutamide is it binds very tightly with most receptors for T and DHT and thus blocks activation of them, but doesn't block T production or T to DHT conversion. So you end up with lots of T and DHT with nothing to do, but get cleaned out of the system, or converted to Estrogen. I read earlier today bicalutamide isn't supposed to effect aldosterone production or use.

>>5618170
I can't do large amounts of caffeine. My heart goes wonky if I do.

>>5618164
>>5618170
I was thinking I was at a reasonable level, but who knows. Doc hasn't gotten back to me on doing the test. I wonder if I've gotten ahead of her knowledge wise.

>>5618249
My doc did think it was still a bit large after 6 months on Fin. It was quite tiny the last time she checked so that worked. It looks like it helped some on my MPB hair loss, but it'd been gone to many years.
>>
>>5621237
Cut them in 4. This will prevent large dose spikes. Cutting proscar in 4 is easy with a pill cutter. Cutting to 5 is better, but a hassle.
>>
>>5623153
yes I already cut in 4, hence the 5/4.
but should they then be taken every other day to average .625mg/day?
>>
>>5624354
No just take them daily. Averaging does not work. It would just be making small spikes. 1mg is a good and not dangerous dose.
>>
I just halved my spiro the other day because I was having fatigue problems. There was another thread about it too sometime this past week. It's really funny, I had never even heard it's a thing until recently but now I'm hearing about it all over the place.
>>
File: Untitled.png (107KB, 842x658px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
107KB, 842x658px
tempting as fuck f4m
what happens if I order and just never send the prescription? inhouse "requires" one but they just let it slide, right?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.