[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTF Hormone Levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: blood test.png (51KB, 700x604px) Image search: [Google]
blood test.png
51KB, 700x604px
I'm panicking about this right now and would like any reassurance or advice. I looked over my latest blood test and these were the results. Is there anything I should be concerned about here? My testosterone looks way, way too high.
>>
>>5501751
Isn't the normal male range like 250-750?
>>
>>5501759
according to http://www.bumc.bu.edu/endo/clinics/transgender-medicine/guidelines/ it should be 30 – 100 ng/dl but I don't know anything about biology

I'm having a panic attack right now over this because I don't want any more masculinization to happen to my body
>>
>>5501773
Must've been thinking of 25-75 then.

W/e, embrace your manliness and get swole as fuck tbqh
>>
>>5501794
I'm not even manly I've been on hormones for over a decade. I've just never seen that level for "Testosterone" higher than 100 and am paranoid
>>
>>5501751
Sup fuckers?
>>
Masculine body+ lady clothes and makeup=hot. If you're ugly you're gonna be ugly no matyer what. There are even hons out there that look pretty damn good as a woman because of genetics.
>>
>>5501801
Hormones exist in pairs with a series of negative feedback loops keeping their relative levels in check. One of those loops is to increase the opposite hormone production when there's an imbalance.

Really you just need to cut your balls off.
>>
>>5501811
wanna post a pic of one such hon?

>>5501801
ask a doc, not the friendly neighborhood loonybin.
>>
>>5501811
I started hormones prior to puberty so that's not really something I need to worry about -- unless 188 is something I should be concerned with? Any input would be very much appreciated

>>5501816
I already emailed her and I'll call tomorrow but it's 2am here

>>5501814
how does this translate to physiological effects? I just don't want to suddenly start growing a beard or talk an octave lower
>>
>>5501819
I'm not an endocrinologist so I can't tell you specifically what you can expect physiologically, but you should simply view it as building a resistance to E.

Well, "resistance" isn't the right word, but you can think of it that way.
>>
>>5501827
resistance to e sounds awful what are you even talking about
>>
>>5501849
Whenever you introduce hormones into your body, 3 things happen.
1: Cells dedicated to the production of that hormone stop dividing.
2: Cells dedicated to the production of the opposite hormone multiple at a higher rate
3: Cell receptors for (in this case estrogen) on the membranes of cells making up the rest of your body cease to form form for estrogen.

So while it's not "resistance" per se, it can be effectively viewed as such in regards to administering dosages for yourself.
>>
>>5501865
I'm 27 and have been on the medication legally and monitored for over a decade and my T level has never been this high. Is it something I need to be concerned about is the most relevant question I guess?
>>
>>5501877
Well, yes.
You're trying to fight homeostasis.

I wasn't entirely kidding when I told you to cut your balls off though. It's a problem that will only get worse, or more expensive as the cocktail of drugs you'll need to take will get more and more complex
>>
>>5501894
well fuck I'm allergic to anesthesia anybody know of a nice cliff

i wish assisted suicide was legal
>>
>>5501904
Talk to your endo.
It's not the end of the world, worst case you'll just have to go without HRT for a few months.
>>
>>5501911
that sounds like the end of the world i already have enough fucking issues
>>
>>5501914
Don't know what else to say babe, modern medicine has only come so far, and unfortunately your DNA still matters.
>>
>>5501920
it's fine it's not your fault i just can't help but feel fucked and hopeless at every turn
>>
>>5501925
It's not an impossible hurdle.
It might not even be one at all. T levels vary widely from week to week. Get another blood test done 2 weeks from now before you start worrying.
>>
>>5501939
ok I already emailed my doctor I'll call her in the morning too

saging thread
>>
>>5501751
Generally, no matter which hormone you're looking at, the concentration that matters is the free concentration
>>
>>5501965
what's the difference? I really am not into the sciences at all and generally never think about this part of my life unless some shit like this comes up
>>
>>5501965
like are those levels something I should be concerned about is my only question

again, asking doctor as soon as she's open but i'm freaking out right now over it
>>
>>5501751
What are you taking?
All your values are high. A bit too high estrogen, a bit too high SHBG, and way too high tesosterone.

If you take spiro, then take more spiro, if you're taking cypro, take more cypro.
If you're taking bicalutamide, then there's no problem, because it doesn't prevent you from creating tesosterone.
>>
>>5502041
estradiol 2mg x 2
finasteride 5mg x 1
spironolactone 50mg x 2

I'll talk to my doctor tomorrow I think I just need to switch to spiro 50 x 3 or spiro 100 x 2. Not even sure what the point of finasteride is
>>
>>5502088
Yeah, 100 spiro is on the lower range. That's probably the issue.
>>
The amount of bad biology in this thread is astounding...

If you are taking anti-androgen (spiro, cypro) at appropriate dose (150-200 mg), you will *not* get masculinizing effect, regardless of T level. T blood level is not linked to T cellular effects when taking an anti-androgen. (That's the idea between any competitive antagonist - it binds to he androgen receptor but does not cause the effects. Administered at sufficiently "high" dose, all the receptors are filled by it rather than T)

In a vacuum T levels don't need to be reduced as long as you are taking an appropriate dose of antiandrogen, in regards to masculinizing effects. (There are side benefits to get it low however, reducing the doses of the meds, easier on the liver, ...)

T levels will get lower with time as the intersticial tissue of the testis degenerates. Or if you cut your balls. Or if you are taking an antigonadotrope such as lupron, or cypro (which is also an antiandrogen - hence the confusion). Spiro is weaker than these for antigonadotrophic effect. But that's not really a problem as we've seen.

So maybe have your spiro level upped a bit (it's basically safe to go 200 even if not strictly necessary - check with physician if it would be ok with you). And don't worry too much about the T level, there are daily variation in your body, but also uncertainty due to the lab apparatus/method...
>>
>>5503300
Especially this poster >>5501894 typical biology undergrad spouting shit.
>>
>>5503300
digits and knowledge checked. thank you for your advice - gonna bump it up w/ her supervision

I am totally oblivious when it comes to the science of hormones and all of that so I really appreciated your post. I've been on spiro for 10+ years and this is the highest I've ever seen T level, hence my concern and confusion. Hard to find info on this subject without hitting a tumblr wall of feelings. So thanks again
>>
File: spooked.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
spooked.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Is resistance to E a real thing?
>>
>>5504207
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estrogen_insensitivity_syndrome
Yes.
>>
>>5504353
>In humans, the condition is very rare and only two cases have been described, one male and one female.[4][5]
what are the odds
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.