[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey. I normally only go on /fit/ and /ck/, but I am scared out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (35KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 300x325px
Hey. I normally only go on /fit/ and /ck/, but I am scared out of my mind and I have no idea what to do right now. Long story short: I've got a wife and two boys. The older one, who is 10, told me today that he wants to be a woman. What do I do? Do I encourage him to do this? I've never dealt with a transgender person in real life before, much less do I know how to help one. But more importantly, I'm worried that if I let him do this, it will influence his little brother, and I'm worried both of them will be bullied at school. I'm in crisis. What do I do from here? Isn't he too young to make a decision like this? What if he ends up being visually obviously transgender? Any information is welcome.
>>
>>5420407
>him
it's a girl shitlord
use proper pronouns
>>
get him to a therapist and see how it goes
>>
>>5420435
That was another thing I was going to ask. Is it okay to call my child she? Even though no steps have been taken towards physical transition? Is it okay for her to choose out a new name yet?
>>
>>5420407
First things first, don't take anything from a bunch of anonymous on the interwebs to heart.
Seek professional help. No, seriously. It doesn't make you or your child delusional and insane and etc etc, you can just go there to ask questions.

Just... listen... Love your children. They're gonna get bullied in life one way or another; what you should be doing is being there for them going through it and loving them and helping them either way.
>>
>>5420437
I'm looking for one but I don't know what to look for. Where do I ask for a good therapist who will do this kind of thing?
>>
You may need to rethink your christmas presents.
>>
>>5420468
Gender therapists in this situation might be the best. Search online if there are any in your area.
>>
>>5420407
Do some research and take your child to a qualified therapist. Ask your child how seriously they feel about wanting to be a girl. There IS a possibility they're a confused 10 year old, but there's also a high chance they're legitimately transgendered, and if that's the case you will be doing them a massive, massive favor in life by getting them the help they need. Transitioning is more effective the younger it starts, and if they start at like, twelve, then they're going to pass 100% and be able to live a normal life. Yeah, teen years are going to be difficult and they'll probably be bullied, but I can tell you from first hand experience that being a closeted trans teen is probably a thousand times worse. There's a reason so many of us are suicidal
>>
>>5420464
>Just... listen... Love your children. They're gonna get bullied in life one way or another; what you should be doing is being there for them going through it and loving them and helping them either way.

I do love them. That's why I'm afraid of letting one of them express differences that might get them made fun of. I really just don't want to see him (her?) hurt. I also understand that I need to let them express who they are in the most genuine way, but it's scary. And what if she gets on hormones and it does irreversible damage? Or years later, he decides to want to be a boy again? Didn't Bruce Jenner just decide to be a man again?
>>
Get them to a therapist who specializes in gender. They would be much better at guiding both you and your child through this than any armchair therapist you'll find here.

There are a few things I will say though:
1. This isn't you or your child's fault.
2. If they are trans, they won't "recruit" your younger child.
3. Make sure your child knows you and your spouse will love them, regardless of who they are.
>>
>>5420468
Most likely you'll find they have a small list of specializations. You're looking for one with "Gender issues" (or the like) somewhere on that list. Also, one that deals with children and teens.
>>
>>5420511
Okay. Will do.
>>
>>5420498
But that's what I'm worried about. Let's say we get my kid on whatever sort of hormones they think they need now, and then when they get older, they decide they really wanted to be a guy all along, but now they can't because they have boobs and a vagina?

Also, is transition all that effective anyway? All transwomen I've heard about look like men in dresses. Most of them are in their 50s though. Is it just that young transwomen look okay, but they age like men? I don't want my child turning into that.
>>
>>5420556

You're getting ahead of yourself and panicking because you don't know what to do. Stop. Breathe. Don't be thinking about 50 some-odd years from now, think about tomorrow. Get your kid a therapist with experience with gender issues, then proceed from there.
>>
>>5420556
It's not necessary to put them on estrogen immediately -- you can have them put on medication to prevent them from going into male puberty until they're 100% sure that they do or do not want to transition.
>>
>>5420564
Okay. Thank you. I'm just absolutely scared. A short Google search for "gender therapist [our city]" found me a list.
>>
>>5420556
It is your child choice, whether it will be at 10 or 18, if it's what they truly want they'll do it, and if they end up looking like shit then it doesn't matter, because it was their wish, that's what's important to respect.

Also, transwomen age like women, if not better, because no menopause.
>>
>>5420583
Also you should know that if someone gets on blockers or estrogen at THAT age...trust me, you will not have to worry about them looking like a man.
don't take him/her for haircuts right now by the way
>>
>>5420556
Those are all people who started when they were in their 30s or later. Even most trans women who end up looking nice don't get to start until their late teens or early twenties. If you just completely skip male puberty then passing isn't a concern at all. Google Kim Petras

Also, the reason why everyone is telling you to take your child to a therapist is so these issues can get sorted out and it made certain that this isn't a phase or your child won't experience regret later in life and isn't making a rash decision
>>
>>5420556
>But that's what I'm worried about. Let's say we get my kid on whatever sort of hormones they think they need now, and then when they get older, they decide they really wanted to be a guy all along, but now they can't because they have boobs and a vagina?
Well, hormones don't cause them go grow a vagina, and they don't put kids on real hormones anyway, just testosterone blockers in the case of mtfs, so that testosterone doesn't make their body all male.

>Also, is transition all that effective anyway? All transwomen I've heard about look like men in dresses. Most of them are in their 50s though. Is it just that young transwomen look okay, but they age like men? I don't want my child turning into that.
Transwomen mostly age like women, but what matters more is when they start. Late transitioners have a much harder time properly feminizing their body than someone who started blockers before or during puberty, or even just started like in their 20s.
>>
>>5420407
Please get your boy help, letting him change into a woman will get him ridiculed for life. His peers will lose all respect for him. He will lose all respect for him. %41 post op tranny try to kill themselves in the US. Only .35% of the population does this normally.

Transgender is a mental illness. Not far from scitzofrenia. Please, please, help and do not enable your son.
>>
>>5420615
Okay. Thank you for the information. I'm going to call one of the gender therapists I found. I'm going to try to get an appointment.
>>
>>5420407
The first thing you need to do, is realize that there is nothing to be afraid of. Your eldest child may be transgender, right now the next step is to find a TRANSGENDER FRIENDLY therapist that will be able to get to the bottom of your child's feelings and confirm whether they are truly transgender.
>>5420488
Is correct, seek a psychologist that *specializes* in gender therapy. You'll have to google around and see who is available in your area, or contact your county health department and ask specifically for references to gender therapists for your child.

This, http://www.imatyfa.org/resources/parents/ will be a good resource for you.

Also, the fear of your child getting bullied is understandable but misplaced. Your child will have just as much new support from understanding peers as any trouble they receive from little shits in school. Additionally, the school will be required by law to assist and protect your child in all facets of their transition should they be transgender.

You have standing in front of you the opportunity to do something amazing for your child, to give them the life they want and help them become the person they really are. Ask any person here who is trans, and they will tell you they would have given ANYTHING to have complete support from their parents from the beginning. You have the opportunity to save a transgender child from so much pain and suffering and turn a horror story into a success story, please, please.... don't squander this opportunity.

>>5420556
This is what the therapist is for, they will be able to help your child understand how they fundamentally feel. Like >>5420564 said, what you do is help your child now, they will thank you and love you for this when they get older, fundamental feelings like gender identity Do. Not. Change.

Also, this is the perfect time to start transitioning, they will be *indistinguishable* from girl, if you start now.
>>5420602
Is right.

I hope I helped, have a good day man.
>>
>>5420633
>Please get your boy help, letting him change into a woman will get him ridiculed for life.
Not if they start early and are able to pass decently. Besides, if they really are trans, the only other options are suicide or a life of misery.

>%41 post op tranny try to kill themselves in the US. Only .35% of the population does this normally.
That statistic applies to trans people in general, not just post-op; it's generally LOWER post op. And I think in recent years the post-op suicide rate is only slightly above the general population. In any case, denying them the option to transition isn't going to help anyone.

>Transgender is a mental illness. Not far from scitzofrenia. Please, please, help and do not enable your son.
It can be considered a mental illness, however while the symptoms are remotely similar to schizophrenia the underlying cause (and thus the appropriate treatment) isn't related at all.
>>
>>5420594
>>5420592
>>5420556
>>5420498

All these delusional trannies...
Think about the future of this nation OP. Teansgenderism is complete degeneracy, do all you can to get your son to understand he is just feeling a bit girly - he was born a man and will live as a man. Look what happened to Bruce Jenne recently...

This transgender meme is just that, except for whatever reason doctors do not get malpractice for ruining the body and brain of a young Aryan youth.
If your son said he was depressed, you would not try to enable it and let him spend 24/7 in his room cutting himself.

If he was hearing voices, you would not let him dwell in his madness. You would get him help.

Get him some help.
>>
>>5420633
fyi OP, don't listen to any statistics posted without sources. 41% of trans women have attempted suicide at SOME point in their lives. Attempted suicide rate is much, much lower for successful post-ops than other trans women. This also doesn't factor in things like the fact that having supportive parents that won't beat you or throw you on the streets tends to significantly lower suicide rates
>>
And also remember - all gender therapists and raging social justice warriors bent on making your kid take Jew pills for the rest of his life.

These Jew pills will make him look more girly, but the things they do to your brain will guarantee your child will never get into an ivy league or work at NASA.

Have you ever taken accutance? The emotional stress it puts you through is like 1/10 of the emotional stress of hormone blockers
>>
>>5420674
gr8 b8 m8

>he was born a man and will live as a man.
He was not born as a man. You're the one that's delusional here. He was born as a BOY. Regardless, why does that mean he has to end up living as a man? What gives you the right to tell them how to live their life? Why should he suffer a life of misery just to satisfy some butthurt /pol/tard?

>This transgender meme is just that, except for whatever reason doctors do not get malpractice for ruining the body and brain of a young Aryan youth.
They're not sued for malpractice because what they're doing is actually what helps the most. You don't get to call something malpractice just because you don't like it.
>>
>>5420680
There is no chance I would beat my kid or throw them out on the streets, no matter what gender they might be. I'm just scared because I've never dealt with something like this before.

Also I just got off the phone. We have an appointment now for Jan 3rd with a Therapist who has supposedly been doing work with transgenders for 20 years. They reassured me over the phone that my child would look 100% female forever if that's the decision that s/he makes.
>>
>>5420718
>all gender therapists and raging social justice warriors bent on making your kid take Jew pills for the rest of his life.
[citation needed]

>the things they do to your brain will guarantee your child will never get into an ivy league or work at NASA.
[citation needed]

>The emotional stress it puts you through is like 1/10 of the emotional stress of hormone blockers
[citation needed]
>>
>>5420407
>>5420407
>What do I do from here?
If he's diagnosed trans, it's really important that you get him on hormones early. Seriously, not only will it save you $25,000 and prevent irreparable damage, but it will emotionally stabilize him through adolescence.

the trans suicide rate is ~41% , so it's really important to take care of.

>Isn't he too young to make a decision like this?
The gender psychologists are pretty good about giving an accurate diagnosis, and desu it's not normal for a kid to want to be the opposite sex.
a good way to gauge legitimacy is to as "if you could never ever go back to being a boy, would you become a girl?" cis kids would usually answer no.

the doctor's will put him on testosterone blockers that will delay his male puberty; if he turns out not to be trans, they'll take him off blockers and he'll go through a normal (albeit slightly delayed) puberty. at about 14 they'll put him on estrogen and he'll go through a very smooth female puberty.

>What if he ends up being visually obviously transgender?

lol go look up early transitioners, they usually come out looking pretty good. he may not pass as female for a while, but he will eventually.

a good place to look up info is TS roadmap, although its for later-transitioners.
>>
>>5420674
>transgenderism is complete degeneracy
pol go back to trying to make us suicide
>>5420718
kek
>>
File: tumblr_ns4j7yO1Ls1uc9zo8o1_1280.png (278KB, 992x994px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns4j7yO1Ls1uc9zo8o1_1280.png
278KB, 992x994px
>>5420633
>>5420674

>troll/pol/
You're not trying very hard today, you feeling ok?
>>
Is /pol/ raiding this board?
>>
>>5420760
Yep.
>>
>>5420760
it's a 24/7 thing
>>
>>5420721
>wasnt born as male
>has a dick and balls on the outside

U w0t m8
>>
>>5420760
Is it really raiding if they make up like 20% of the board at all times?
>>
>>5420729
>thinking your son will ever look "100%" female

What the fug.... He's only a young lad...
>>
>>5420770
I never said he wasn't born as male. I said he was born a BOY, not a MAN.

0/10
>>
>>5420760
That was a rhetorical question, yes?

Anyway, OP, I'm glad that you were able to deal with this so well. I hope that you and your family have a merry Christmas. You've made me very happy for someone else today.
>>
>>5420407
OP your son has been negatively affected by the transgender propaganda recently shoved down Americas throat. Bruce Jenner is a perfect example of this. It is not a real thing. Do not bring him to a psychologist, they WILL support his delusion. Cut off all media to your child that supports this behavior in any way. Spend more time with him doing traditional man activities like hiking, shooting, chess, watching movies, etc.. If he is cut off from the degeneracy for awhile he will start to come back to his senses.There will be people on this board trying to tell you that accepting your child as trans is the right thing to do. That is NOT true. These people are already too far gone in the degeneracy to save and want others to share in their depression and suicidal thoughts. You can save your son OP. Go do it.
>>
>>5420880
>ignore science and doctors and go live innawoods

I'm starting to wonder if these posts are anti-/pol/ false flags
>>
>>5420880
Why do you even give a fuck? We're not "Aryan". My entire family and I are Mexican.
>>
>>5420893
>doctors and science
Boys are boys girls are girls

>special generder therapy "doctors" with only a bachelors in physch from WWU
Feeling matter more than biology let's cuxk his shit up
>>
>>5420896

Okay? I didn't even mention being "Aryan". So instead of hiking or shooting go eat tacos, build a deck, or do some landscaping to bond. the point is, you're doing a great disservice to your boy no matter what race you are if you allow him to follow this path. He will despise himself and you later in life when he realizes its all a lie and he is not in fact a female. Then, judging by statistics he'll commit suicide.
>>
>>5420896
Mexicans are Aryan, mate.

Respect la raza
>>
>>5420407
>The older one, who is 10, told me today that he wants to be a woman.

I know this is /pol/ bait but: Psychologist now. Choose the best ones you can find.

Was he feminine beforehand? Does he have more girls as friends then boys? Is he gay? Even if he is do some more "masculine" activities with him and keep him out of trouble.
>>
File: k91LSJI.jpg (660KB, 1577x5964px) Image search: [Google]
k91LSJI.jpg
660KB, 1577x5964px
>>5420880
>>5420633
>>5420674
Don't listen to these men, OP. Their advice is misguided at best and disingenuous at worst. Look at pic related and compare the similarities in language. They're likely from /pol/ and a lot of posters on there are right wing sociopaths with a vested interest in exterminating trans people by any means necessary. They're more likely to be motivated by politics, not genuine concern for your child.

The majority of parents have actually done what these men have suggested and their children are worse off because of it. Just look at the suicide statistics and their contributing factors to get a perspective.

Seek professional help, educate yourself on the condition, and most importantly, listen to your child.
>>
•Use their preferred pronouns and name for the time being
•Get them to a gender therapist
•Talk to them about their feelings
•Make sure to tell them you support them
•If the therapist thinks your child is legitimately trans then continue to use their preferred pronouns/name and help them transition and support them
•If the therapist thinks your child just likes to be more feminine and/or some other thing then still continue to support them because it won't be easy for them either way
You're a great dad to accept your child for who they are even if they might just be going through a phase. Kudos to you, dad.
>>
>>5420784
>20%
Did you mean *80%
>>
>>5420407

If op is still here... none of these trans people will tell you the truth, which is people detransition and most trans people don't even want to change sex, they want a different social role. 80% of mtfs keep their dicks. If you want your son to grow up to be an asshole who tries to bully people into fucking them, be my guest, let him transition.

How many gender therapists actually turn people away? Probably none. Your son will immediately be approved for hormones, there is no "therapy."

My suggestion is to have him look at detransitioners, do a lot of research, and ask him hard questions about the trans movement and the bullshit they spew. At worst, compromise to put him on puberty blockers and have him "live out" being a girl at home. In all likelihood, he's a misogynist who has internalized that femininity = womanhood. I think you should let your son be who he is, so I would suggest not harping on him too much about it.
>>
Get professional help, and as someone whose cis straight little brother is in middle school, your kids will get bullied for one thing or another
>>
Hurry up and get him to a gender therapist and let him transition before 16 so he ends up like these two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e6fpiqpxX4
a normal member of the opposite sex,
and not like chris-chan

unless your kid is not actually transgender, but 10-12 was about the age i started getting depressed and looking for answers on the internet, because 9-13 is the start of puberty
>>
>>5421901
>My suggestion is to have him look at detransitioners, do a lot of research, and ask him hard questions about the trans movement and the bullshit they spew. At worst, compromise to put him on puberty blockers and have him "live out" being a girl at home. In all likelihood, he's a misogynist who has internalized that femininity = womanhood. I think you should let your son be who he is, so I would suggest not harping on him too much about it.

Holy shit the kid's ten, cut em some slack, this isn't really their fault at all
>>
>>5420407
smack your kid upside the head and tell him not til he's sixteen, at which point he can choose between hormones and a car.
>>
>>5420460
Yup, that would actually probably be the best course of action. And just so you know, this new generation of kids don't care nearly as much about people being LGBT.
>>
>>5420407
Stay neutral, but supportive.
Find a therapist with experience in the field.
Work things out from there.
>>
>>5420509
>And what if she gets on hormones and it does irreversible damage?
For young people, the typical procedure is to delay puberty until the child is old enough to make an informed decision.

>Didn't Bruce Jenner just decide to be a man again?
kek
>>
>>5421901

It's not the job of therapists to "turn people away" you dip, it's to help people process their emotions.

Also, most trans women don't get GRS because it's fucking expensive and trans women (surprise!) tend to be poor because people like you treat them like shit and deny them economic opportunity.
>>
For one thing, OP, Caitlyn Jenner never said she wanted to detransition, it's a fucking false weekly gossip magazine rumour like every other article they have. Don't listen to these people, you've really come to the wrong website if you're looking for rational unbiased advice. Second of all, just ask your kid a few questions, i.e; how long have you felt like this, do you feel you have the wrong parts, etc., and as many other anons have said, see a therapist. You seem like a really good and loving father. Keep it up.
>>
Just beat him until he cuts the shit.
>>
Honestly take the kid to a therapist, if you want to continue contact.

Trans-people existed all the way in ancient rome.
They used to do their own surgery, sometimes they try today and end up n an asylum.

Is he a kid who is mature? Did the kid ever express a desire for things? Ask them about what motherhood means to them, I know that I cried my eyes out when somebody asked me around that age. But I repressed myself and I wasted time getting high, because being in the wrong body hurts, a lot.

My first suicide attempt happened because my voice started to sound like someone else's. Your kid if they aren't confused about this is in desperate need of medical treatment. It might have been plastic baby bottles altering the developing brain, or estrogen in the soy and regular milk. But most trannies have a different brain structure to their body.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.