[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming Out To My Father?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1448877942461.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1448877942461.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
Hey /lgbt/, I need advice/support for coming out to my dad.

Dad's a good man, but I don't really know his views on lgbt folk. He's also really fucking scary when he's angry. You'd never know it if you saw him, but when he's angry all the features in his face go hard, and he looks like a guy who's spent is off time having staring contests with Satan himself.

He doesn't angry easily. I've only seen him angry twice in my entire life. I just don't want him to look at me that way. I'm not worried about him being physical. I'm just worried about disappointing him or hurting him.

I really want to tell him. I just don't know how to do it. You can't really read his moods.

Help?
>>
>>5394789
You should probably try to get a little research expedition going to figure out what his views are if you don't know them. However he thinks will influence your strategy a bit I imagine.

The main reason I'm posting though is because your OP image is ultra cute, you have a source on that?
>>
>>5394802

Nah, saved it a while back, don't remember what from.

As for figuring out his views, it's a bit tricky. He holds liberal and conservative beliefs, and not in a moderate way. When he swings one way, he swings hard.

I've been kind of afraid of talking to him about lgbt stuff to figure out his views because he's kind of a mind reader and I'm bad at lying/being subtle. Unlike a lot of dads, or at least the stereotype, he has a lot going on behind the curtains.
>>
>>5394828
Is there nothing in the news related to LGBT rights or anything by you? If you live in America, did he react in any way to Obergefell v Hodges? I'd try bringing it up without "bringing it up", as in put yourself in situations where it's a logical extension of the conversation to bring up LBGT people instead of a noticeable subject change
>>
no one cares you fucking nigger stfu
>>
OP you will never know for sure unless you just come out.

Some people have phobic outlooks simply because they don't have to deal with it near them. The moment somebody they care about is X, whatever it is, they sometimes reevaluate and grow.

At the end of the day, a good parent will come through for their child. If you're nervous, let him know somewhere outside in public, etc. But just give it a shot.
>>
Alrighty guys, I'm gonna tell him over breakfast here in a little bit. Wish me luck.
>>
My motto: Hope for the best but expect the worst.

I was thrown out of the house when I was 17. If you are unsure about how he will react, be ready o leave the house. Have money saved and a job. Talk to friends who will allow you to stay with them short term until you can get your own place.

Hopefully it will go smoothly but just in case...
>>
>>5395375
Keep us posted pls
>>
File: 1448376817549.gif (3MB, 400x204px) Image search: [Google]
1448376817549.gif
3MB, 400x204px
>>5400553
Anon is kill, more than 24 hs have passed alredy
>>
let's hope he beats you to death
>>
File: 1444927551955.png (476KB, 525x404px) Image search: [Google]
1444927551955.png
476KB, 525x404px
>>5400620
I fear for his safe return.
>>
Sorry guys, I'm here. I thought the thread had died and been buried until you bumped it.

It was rather uneventful. Told dad, he said he didn't give a shit so long as I eventually give him grandchildren.
>>
>>5404352
Well thats nice.
Will you give him grandchildren?
>>
>>5394789
test the waters???

>so dad, how about them faggots? with all their marriages, gender swaps, and existin' and what not?
>>
Are you me, OP? I'm seeing my dad for the first time in several years this christmas and I dunno if I can hide how different I am now, compared to when I last saw him. I get the feeling he might try to knock my teeth out.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.