[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solution to Trans issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: 6d5.jpg (100KB, 680x645px) Image search: [Google]
6d5.jpg
100KB, 680x645px
I was wondering something the other day. I usually jeer and roll my eyes at trans folk, but I realize I shouldn't be a dick and try to rationalize this topic that I clearly don't understand.

So, what attracts you to being the opposite gender? Is it for the place in society, or purely the body aspect?

Because if it's purely from a societal aspect, a great solution would be to just get rid of gender roles. Now, we as people love to put things into filing cabinets, so I figure we can base the "male/female" aspect on genitalia alone and not worry about the rest.
>>
What about the people who identify with traditional gender roles and want to live that lifestyle?
>>
>>5304804
Well, then that works fine too.
They are either male or female based on the sex organs.
As for gender roles, they can still take on the traditional approach. Nobody is saying that they can't be the traditional role, they can just live their lives the way they prefer to.

Maybe a more appropriate label for people would something akin to having a spectrum from "nurturer" to "worker" or something.
>>
File: 1428109663831.png (401KB, 961x686px) Image search: [Google]
1428109663831.png
401KB, 961x686px
>>5304802
It's almost exclusively body Dysmorphia. Hard wired no less.

No matter how much social engineering you do, you aren't getting rid of that. Make it so bodily autonomy and alterations are acceptable regardless whether they go into that territory or not and then maybe you could have some alternative to the current way.
>>
>>5304819
Is Anorexia Nervosa a Subtype of Body Dysmorphic Disorder?
>>
>>5304821
Not sure, had it bad as a kid.

Regardless hormones and other cosmetic procedures seem to almost completely get rid of it.
>>
>>5304802
gender identity disorder is a diagnosable affliction. In a way it's like asking why people who are left handed are attracted to the left hand lifestyle.

GID is a mental illness(sorry it is), transitioning and hormone therapy is what we believe to be the most effective treatment in alieving it.

Gender being non binary is a complete myth, unless you're actually intersex, in which case you were born with a physical abnormality and honestly if you didn't know these peoples lives are REALLY fucked up as a result. The snowflakegender BS is as much nonsense as insisting that you are albino or have dwarfism because you "feel" like it.

It doesn't really matter what a given societies specific gender roles are, a person with gender identity disorder who would be interested in transitioning would identify with that society's female or male traits through a desire to be them.

That being said I personally think that the words Trans and transition are misnomers in that the idea that you can actually change your sex or "become" a man or woman if you were born otherwise is complete nonsense.
>>
>>5304835
Can change sex traits, that's the whole point of it.
>>
I can safely say that my gender dysphoria has always had nothing to do with the societal aspect. It's always been my body.

- I wake up in the morning and literally feel like my chest has been cut off, like I've been castrated from how flat it is
- I walk around and feel off balance all the time from having more muscle in my upper body and lacking the counterbalance of breasts
- My skin is so rough and coarse that I can't think about it for too long before I feel like vomiting
- My dick feels like a reverse tail, like a weird tumor that I can't get rid of
- I have always had a phantom vagina
- My beard makes me cry

Do with that information what you will.
>>
>>5304802
If people would be allowed to dress and act however they could, there would be a shit ton less MtFs around, because IMO, there are many CDs who transition because they cannot present as women for a long time otherwise. (e.g. non-op "transsexuals") Women can already present themselves however they want.

Transsexuals will never be fully eradicated, because there will always be legitimate transsexuals, who will need surgery and hormones to live.
>>
i experience dysphoria... parts of my body literally just don't feel right, and my voice sounds like it isn't mine... obviously it's my body and my voice, but that doesn't change the way my brain responds to it...

i'm not particularly into the idea of being a guy, and if i didn't feel like transition (to some degree at the very least) was a medical necessity for me to live a happier, more comfortable, and (hopefully) more productive life then i wouldn't bother... i don't like the idea of surgery or meds or anything like that, but when it's that or live out my life the way i have been it's an easy choice...

i don't really care about gender roles, i'm not particularly masculine to begin with, so it's not like me transitioning is gonna make that easier as far as social roles and shit go... but that's not at all an issue... if someone experiences no physical dysphoria and everything is centered on social aspects they aren't trans, they just hate gender roles... i mean if they wanna transition anyway i'll call them what they prefer and i respect their right to live however they choose and alter their body however they see fit, but their experience doesn't match mine...
>>
>>5304937
What is the idea of being a guy that you don't like?
>>
Being grouped in with guys always just felt wrong. When I would see a group of guys hanging out and the voice in my head would say "that's who you are" I'd feel disgusted with myself.
>>
>>5304952

i'm not sure what you mean... i don't have any opinions really on being either gender as far as social shit goes... and as far as physical shit goes i find men and women equally attractive so it's not like i have a form preference... i just happen to know me not being really masculine comes with the fact that when people see me as a guy i get shit for it... at the same time when people see me as a chick i get shit for not being particularly feminine so i suppose that isn't very different though guys have more pressure... i don't particularly give a shit though, since i've never been the kinda person who feels like i have to alter myself or my views etc to fit anything other people want, but that is a reality... i can see that

what i mean is i'm not trans cuz i just like the idea of being a guy, i'm a transguy cuz i'm a transguy, it's that simple... like someone here said it's no different than being left handed (which i am, and it's definitely not cuz i enjoy having everyone who sees me pick up a pen ask "are you left handed?" like it isn't obvious or the equally dumb "oh wow i'm left handed too" like i give a shit) that's just part of who i am... is what it is and all that

if social roles were different i'd still be trans cuz i am trans not cuz it appeals to me...
>>
>>5304970
You said here >>5304937
>i'm not particularly into the idea of being a guy
what is that idea? Is it purely appearance as in you don't like the idea of looking like a guy, or is there something more to this idea?
>>
>>5304802
>Hello, I'm a fellow normal 4chan poster who totally isn't from tumblr or reddit. I know that what must be REALLY going on with you trannies is that you're just hapless victims of the gender roles that the patriarchy uses to oppress women! Instead of listening to doctors and researchers and seeking medical treatment and protection form discrimination what you REALLY need to do is just agree with and support everything that us- I mean those genius wise radfems say in their arguments and push for laws. You can trust us! Teaming up with conservatives to fight trans insurance coverage and healthcare and anti-discrimination laws was for your own good because you just are too ignorant and stupid to see how you're just pawns playing into the patriarchy's plot to suppress the REEL WOMYN.
>>
>>5304841
Obviously the only sex traits that really count are the ones that serve my argument.
>>
>>5304802
This is typical terf rethoric. Just a heads up.
>>
>>5304989

i meant what i said, which means i'm not trans cuz i'm "into the idea of being a guy" i'm trans cuz i'm trans... i'm not sure what you're not getting about that, it isn't a black and white statement in this context...

you're taking a small part of what i said, and twisting it into more than what it is... i'm not into having brown eyes but i don't give a shit that i have them... i'm not into being left handed but i am and so on... it's not like this "i wanna be a guy cuz i'm into the idea of being a guy" it's "i'm a transguy, and i'd like to transition cuz that would relieve dysphoria but being cis of either gender seems like a preferable way to be"
>>
>>5305013
I'm not taking or twisting anything, I'm still waiting for an answer of what the idea of being a guy is.
>>
>>5305016

>
So, what attracts you to being the opposite gender? Is it for the place in society, or purely the body aspect?

you tell me... seemed like that was what the op statement was getting at here... i'm not attracted to being the opposite gender (hence the "i'm not particularly into the idea of being a guy") i'm just trans... i'm not sure what you're having a hard time getting, some people are just trans it isn't about wanting to be anything other than comfortable in your own body due to things that can't be helped...

why exactly are you skipping through everything else i said and focusing on an inane comment that just answers one of the initial questions?
>>
For me, I just don't see myself ever being happy being a man, be it by looks, following gender role stereotypes or gender roles & behaviour that are biologically determined, it all feels unnatural and wrong for me to be male in those things.
I find a few kinds of men to be attractive, the kind of person I was pre transition in the way I dressed, behaved and looked was basically the kind of man I find the most attractive, but being that did not satisfy me.
I repressed me being trans really deeply, so I experienced very little dysphoria, yet often I always wished to be a girl, often had bizarre dreams where I was a girl, making me incredibly happy for weeks afterwards, however once I started realizing "Hey, I can actually become the girl I should have been born as.", when I stopped hiding from the truth and distracting myself from reality, dysphoria hit me so incredibly hard I became suicidal, I'm not sure how I managed coping, my looks were really masculine as I started kind of late, I had so many regrets of not speaking out about wishing to be a girl when I was younger, and such.

Though now I'm far enough in my transition where I'm full time, and I can say this is the best quality of life improvement I could ever have done. My body becoming closer to what I've always felt it should be like makes me so incredibly happy, and having practiced my voice, my female voice makes me so happy to use as well. Friends using my new name makes me feel great too.
>>
>>5305029

+ asking someone why they're "attracted to" being something implies it isn't as simple as i'm trans cuz i'm trans... it has nothing to do with being attracted to anything or ideas about anything etc, people are trans cuz they're trans and experience physical dysphoria... they're trans cuz they have a medical issue (whether someone sees it as mental issue, a birth defect, a physical issue or whatever is irrelevant) that makes them that way...
>>
>>5304863

Why don't you just get on hormones and shave senpai?
>>
>>5305101
Been in counseling for a month, my therapist says she can get me an endo appointment by January.
Sounds good but honestly one more month of this shit and I might go crazy.
>>
File: Trans explanations.png (2MB, 3026x2432px) Image search: [Google]
Trans explanations.png
2MB, 3026x2432px
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.5.6564

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan

http://www.functionalneurology.com/materiale_cic/389_XXIV_1/3373_sexual/index.html

http://www.sophiagubb.com/what-does-it-feel-like-to-be-transgender/
>>
>>5304819
>Dysmorphia.
is this a meme now?
>>
File: 1448733408042.png (133KB, 856x358px) Image search: [Google]
1448733408042.png
133KB, 856x358px
I've noticed most transgender people that their genitals and body form bother them, e.g. not wanting to look at or touch their penis.
But for myself, why is it only my body shape and whatnot, that is not having the shape and characteristics of the gender I want to be, rather that and my genitals that both bother me?
>>
>>5311992
oops wrong window, meant to make a thread
am retarded hurdur
>>
>>5304802
>So, what attracts you to being the opposite gender? Is it for the place in society, or purely the body aspect?
For me it's mainly the social aspect, or at least that's how it started. I don't really recall wanting to have a female body when I was younger, it was more that my personality was more compatible with girls and I wanted to be accepted as part of their group. I never really desired to have a traditional "ideal" masculine body, but it wasn't until after high school that I started to feel gender-related discomfort about my body, mainly facial and body hair. And I can't rule out the possibility of that being social in origin, it's possible that I have no innate discomfort with body/facial hair but only came to dislike it due to internalized misandry.
>>
>>5312017
Are you me?
>>
>>5304802
Everyone has a gender identity, without gender identity we wouldn't work (maybe humans could use intellect to figure things out though), but pretty much all other animals would die out, go extinct.
They wouldn't know how to attract a mate, or basically anything about themselves.

In trans cases, the physical part(s) in the brain that decides gender identity didn't develop according to the body, so the person feels dysphoria, due to expecting a female body, and identifying as to being female (but what they see in the mirror can make their intellect tell them that what they feel "can't be true").

>>5304819
Gender dysphoria isn't even remotely close to being body dysmorphia.

>>5304821
Anorexia nervosa can be caused by many different reasons, a subtype of anorexia cases are caused by a "sub type" of body dysmorphia.

>>5304825
Body dysmorphia can't be fixed with cosmetic procedures, if your body dysmorphia lessened because of cosmetic surgery, it would mean that it was a misdiagnosis.

>>5304835
>GID is a mental illness(sorry it is),
But it isn't.
Going to start to argue you know better than "medical professionals" now?
>>
>>5304802
Why do people always think it's a grass is greener thing. Being trans and transitioning is a terrible fate only better than sitting in the dysphoria.I don't feel mentally ill or different or anything. I just feel like a normal girl and just be myself and be treated like any other girl not a freak.
>>
>>5312160
body dysmorphia can only be cured with a shotgun blast to the brain because it is purely a mental disorder with no cure
>>
>>5312237
Neurological*
>>
It's not gender roles
our bodies feel like they're... wrong. Horribly, fundamentally, wrong. It's like if your brain was dropped in the body of a middle aged mexican woman, it feels that wrong
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.