[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/22/revol utionary-new-surgery-could-allow-tr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13

File: 32.png (116KB, 392x308px) Image search: [Google]
32.png
116KB, 392x308px
http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/22/revolutionary-new-surgery-could-allow-trans-women-to-carry-children-5519000/

Lately I've seen lots of trans girls saying they want to be mothers. So just thought I'd shoot this link in here.

There's hope!
>>
File: brigh-future.jpg (7KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
brigh-future.jpg
7KB, 258x195px
>>
>>5303964
They've also been able to grow penises in tissue scaffolds, so hopefully you've got good things on the horizon.

Plus they've already been able to use RNAi gene therapy to turn ovary tissue into testis at the cellular level. It's mammals with the same genetic system so it wouldn't be hard to adapt. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20005806

Biotech is pretty impressive.
>>
File: 1435570715701.png (211KB, 571x400px) Image search: [Google]
1435570715701.png
211KB, 571x400px
>>5303964
I don't have a reaction image happy enough for this moment, but I'm going to do the best I can!
>>
It will become too controversial and get cancelled/forbidden, don't expect too much.
>>
>>5304141
With the increasing support for trans folk, chances are it'll be a recognized transition surgery. Only time will tell though.
>>
>>5304153
I don't think researchers will dare working on it, and doctors will probably avoid doing it in fear of fundamentalists. They already attack and siege abortion clinics, guess what will happen if they learn of such a procedure.
>>
>>5304157
There's plenty of areas where fundamentalists aren't strong but civil liberties are and the Scandinavian doctors are already talking about it.
>>
>All this work to help trans people have the bodies they want
>tfw no one is working on procedures to make people into furries
>>
>>5305004
Wouldn't that include lobotomizing them? Humans can't naturally have brains in-between species like they can for gender.
>>
>>5303964
It's promising, but I'd personally pass on it because I don't want to spend 9 months to a year gobbling down immunosuppressants.
>>
>>5305042
Plus, would it really be able to do all the hormonal changes naturally? Anyways, I'll be at the age where birth defects start to spike, and I don't want a retard kid, so it's probably not going to happen for me.
>>
>>5305104
You'd have to have your hormone levels monitored almost constantly throughout the pregnancy and adjusted as necessary. Still, it's a step in the right direction I suppose.
>>
>>5303964

>spend an ungodly amount of time and money on experimental dangerous medical procedures in the far-shot hope that you might somehow trick your body enough into birthing a human being, let alone one without any damaging genetic alterations or effects from such procedures
>meanwhile, millions of unwanted kids go unadopted

Trans people truly are the epitome of disgusting selfishness.
>>
>>5305025
Even before gender-brain theory was a thing (and it's still not fully understood), doctors were prescribing SRS and HRT on a pragmatic basis because it alleviated symptoms of gender identity disorder, regardless of the cause of gender dysphoria.

If it makes me happier to be a catboi, then in a perfect world there ought to be catboi surgery.
>>
>>5305104
I assume they'll either use gametes from a bank or use the techniques that let them turn somatic tissue into healthy Ova. So really No risk you usually see in old women and high hormone levels just add to viability
>>
>>5305171
I might end up adopting

depends on how I feel about it when I get older and if I ever get a husband
>>
File: BLNThuRCcAIeDFe.jpg (75KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
BLNThuRCcAIeDFe.jpg
75KB, 580x580px
>>5305171
>argue that trans women shouldn't be allowed to adopt because they aren't real women
>now that biotech is making that and fertility possible it's "selfish"

Why don't you go and adopt the kid yourself if you actually care about them? Tens of millions of people get artificial reproductive assistance and you don't skewer them for it.

It looks like you're just mad that transsexuals are on the verge of getting something that clashes with your fundamentalism. Adopt some kids and set an example.

Otherwise, stay mad.
>>
>>5305120
There's also metabolic changes though. The fetus runs on glucose, and the mother's metabolism switches to more fat burning to divert the glucose to the baby.

>>5305433
Makes sense. Never thought of that.
>>
>>5305171
Behavior and intelligence are from the genetic parents though. They've done studies on it. I don't want to adopt some kid who is going to be an idiot, have rage issues, abandonment issues, development issues from early infancy starvation, or other bs. Besides, pretty much the only kids you can adopt now are apes, and gooks. No thanks.
>>
>>5305477
I don't even know how this would all go down, and I doubt there are any MDs on /lgbt/ to explain it. I guess we'll have to stay tuned.
>>
>>5305490
what if you adopt a kid who's smarter than you
>>
>>5305477
Hormonal induced. It's progesterone metabolites like Allopregnanolone that cause most of the pregnancy effects.
>>
>>5305498
Not them but giving someone like them a chance would be fine.

That said, it's pathetic that >>5305171 soapboxes about a tinyt9 group being given the same reproductive assistance millions get while he refuses to adopt any of the kids he talks about.

Lunatic fringe that just wants to use anything as an excuse to get rid of science he doesn't like.
>>
>>5304157
it has use for cis women aswell so its not like the tech wont advance and really fundies are only a worry in terms of funding for SOME things. Abortion clinics are doctors and nurses not research teams and surgeons, which they have only been able to stop some of stem cells which would be the closest comparison
>>
File: 1439298618412.jpg (134KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439298618412.jpg
134KB, 433x480px
So which one of you non-trutrans fetishists are staying dickgirls?
>>
uhm what about my obvious male pelvis?
>>
>>5305545
Caring about that this much
>>
>>5305556
the same as women with small hips giving birth, either it just works or a csection.
However the bigger problem would be genitals and the fact that a neovag is not going to be the same as a nonneo and that goes for cis women too. Anyone with this will have to get a c-section, but what this allows for is to carry a baby and be pregnant. its a massive step forward considering you could give birth like many women do now adays
>>
>>5305506
So, it's not as big an obstacle? Neat!
>>
I imagine feminists won't let this happen. The concept of a born-male person able to give birth will probably make them massively butthurt.
>>
>>5305612
>Being a mother is oppressive!
>Pregnancy is degrading!
>How dare you appropriate womanhood!
lol
>>
>>5305612
It'll be legal and available /somewhere/ on Earth.
>>
>Medical industry bends over for trannnies because treatment gets them "so much" money
>trannies wont be able to get it because society wont let it happen
>>
>>5305643
So are you saying that we could see the biotech industry declaring war on feminism over our trannybux? That'd be hilarious to watch.
>>
>>5305612
They already tried banning lgbt people from using reproductive assistance. Nobody took it too seriously cause they gave straight women s pass.

They'll do the same thing here and defend other women getting transplants but try and ban trans.

Won't go very far when their parties like Labour are in ruins and the stateside dems are trying to be pro lgbt.
>>
File: aryanbaby.jpg (48KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
aryanbaby.jpg
48KB, 600x900px
>tfw we will have a use in the 4th Reich producing beautiful aryan babies.
>>
>>5305171
>no different than a cis couple spending thousands on IVF
>>
>>5305643
They're already working on it in Scandinavia. Besides normal women buy just as much of this stuff.

Why not emigrate to North Korea if you want the state to ban science so much?
>>
>>5305647
my point was more so that these are the 2 claims which seem opposite. either the medical industry will let it stop them or not.
Also Quotes around so much because anyone who knows anything about transitions knows that transition compared to other medical conditions is cheep as fuck even without insurance. I pay more to treat my depression and or epilipsy than i do on my transition
>>
File: 1448731994072.gif (1MB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1448731994072.gif
1MB, 800x533px
>>5305612
>>TERFS
>>Actually having power.
>>
>>5305662
The lunatics haven't been able to stop transgenic biotech, doubt this will go any different.
>>
>>5305663
Eh, the TERFS could always mobilize the religious right to fight their battles for them on this issue.
>>
I am going to be a mother. If I have to adopt or use my sperm. I see little kids and I want them, they are soooo cute :/. I would be a good parent.

>tfw must find husbando first
>>
>>5305675
Are also in decline.

They might succeed in driving biotech out of their States and keeping themselves in poverty, but ultimately there's going to be civil liberties friendly States that'll want the research and investment.
>>
>>5305666
no hate i was just stating the 2 points that people are and will be making. the whole medical industry bends over for the trannies is meme tier at this point, Trans acceptance has nothing to do with money as doctors can easily make more off anti depressants if they wanted to make money off such a tiny group that cis women generate more money for when talking about the same meds. (HRT treatments)

Society will of course hate but there is really only so much they can do and most people wont give 2 shits. unless some big tranny war starts out this will never be a problem, and in that case you have some much worse things to worry about
>>
>>5303964
This study was done on biological women with biological women in mind

It's the author who interprets "born without a uterus" as including trans women. However, biological women have the structure and systems necessary to carry a child, simply transplanting a uterus into a biological male would not be nearly as simple as transplanting one into a woman who used to have a uterus or has a non-functioning uterus
>>
>>5305702
Why?

If you've got agenesis conditions like many women with a congenital lack, they don't just lack a womb, they lack everything from that cavity.

Asides from offending whatever female essence you think is involved, it wouldn't be anymore complex than those cases. In fact Scandinavians already mentioned transsexuals as possible candidates.
>>
>>5305702
Actually though, if it's women with a congenital lack of a womb and other organs, and they've got hormonal abnormalities, then they won't be "biological women" by your criteria either.
>>
>>5305722
>offending whatever female essence you think is involved
don't discredit yourself like this, I never said it -should- only be for biological females, only that it most likely -is-.

>wouldn't be any more complex
You think transplanting multiple organs and altering bone structure is NO MORE complex than transplanting one organ?

>>5305725
and what, based on my post, do I apparently think a "biological woman" is? If it's something that doesn't include you, and you want it to, then I'm sorry you're so sensitive
>>
>>5305742
what bones are needing to be changed? its temporary orgran transplant.
>>
>>5305752
Babies come out of the pelvis
Women have evolved to accommodate this
I think you're well aware of this though and are just playing dumb to set up your rehearsed response to this post
>>
>>5305742
It's only a single organ in both cases, bones aren't an issue and there's blood vessels that can be tapped.

Women with congenital agenesis are usually missing all their internal too so it'd be just as complex.

Your arguments are female essence, because asides from obviously false examples like bones, you haven't given any justification other than some vague emotional thing about differences.
>>
>>5305757
>what is a caesarean section.
>>
>>5305757
Cessarians have been used for all past transplants. They're also increasingly common nowadays.

Why wouldn't they be the default as they are in every other case?

Besides, when somewhere between 20 and 45% of women have "male" pelvis, it's obviously not unusual or a major obstacle. http://radiopaedia.org/articles/pelvis-1
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 658x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 658x335px
>>5305004
Handguns already exist anon
>>
>>5305171
Stay mad :)
>>
>>5305545
Me, I love tricking men into sleeping with me and getting beat to death
>>
>>5305769
Women with congenital agenesis may very well not be candidates, and it absolutely would be more complex than a women who simply has a damaged uterus

>your arguments are female essence
literally all I said is that this is far more likely to be for biological women. I don't see how this is an argument about "female essence"
maybe it -can- work for biological men, I don't know, and neither do you

>vague emotional thing
I did not give any indication of emotion in my posts, so I don't know why you're grasping for that
>about differences
Differences are measurable, so I don't understand why you would assume an acknowledgement of differences would be emotional either
>>
>>5303964
Pregnancy is awesome, but I would prefer advancements that let T's assimilate better into everyday life. Would the uterus regulate hormone levels to be more in step with a normal girls? Hell I'd take a menustral cycle.
>>
>>5305813
>biological men
Not biologically accurate when you consider the point of transition is to change phenotype and blood chemistry and transcription are altered with HRT to a state that would be conductive to sustaining pregnancy.
>neither do you
Actually doctors already mentioned that so we probably do.

At any rate, given the younger age, better cardiovascular and stable hormones, younger patients with agenesis of either type would probably be more viable to keep it than older women with nonfunctional uteri

>Differences are measurable
Then provide some. Just because you feel it doesn't mean you've cited any empiric data.

In the case of the pelvis not only is it irrelevant given the use of cessarians in transplants but over a quarter of normal women have hips of the same type and it's obviously not a problem.

If you've got something else then do tell.
>>
>>5305835
Nah but gene therapy like http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20005806 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24856513 and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25725066
Can do that for mtf and ftm
>>
>>5305878
Damn I wish I was aware of this sooner. I hate being dumb
>>
>>5305835
>Pregnancy is awesome, but I would prefer advancements that let T's assimilate better into everyday life.

This combined with early transition would be ideal. Then, pretty much all of the social, job related, housing, etc... difficulties should go away.

Watch it be shouted over by sjw's screaming, "but we don't need to be part of the gender binary, or live up to western ideals of what women should look like."
>>
>>5305865
>Not biologically accurate
Ok I'm sorry for not being PC enough, what I meant was "people who feel like women but don't have functioning female sex organs" (you knew this though)
>doctors already mentioned that so we probably do
I'll believe it when I see it

>Then provide some
Already did, females who have functioning sex organs are far more likely to be candidates than "females" who don't (the difference is functioning sex organs)
>Just because you feel
Just stop already, I have not given you any reason to believe this is based on feelings

All I ever said was it is far more likely for biological women (you know exactly what people mean when they say that) to be candidates, you don't have to get this triggered over it
>>
>>5305887
Well I mean it's only been used in mammals so far but they've got the same gene pathways and the RNAi could be adapted to humans in years.
>>
>>5305911
>being PC enough
You mean prioritizing your personal feelings over considering relevant medical alterations.
>don't have functioning female sex organs
Includes all the women with congenital defects though.
>, females who have functioning sex organs are far more likely
Probably not. Women who have lost their wombs through cancer or trauma are gonna have screwed over circulatory systems.
Also lack of hormonal stability won't be conducive to maintaining pregnancy either. Rapamycin might not be safe in them either.

It's easier to work with a blank slate than try and fix a crippled system in an aging patient.
>>
File: 1328173763399.jpg (77KB, 650x708px) Image search: [Google]
1328173763399.jpg
77KB, 650x708px
>>5306015
k. this is all speculation and that's all it ever was but you can have the last word because I'm getting bored of this

>more "feelings" projection
omg lol
>>
>A clinic in Ohio recently started screening women for the ground-breaking procedure, which would allow women to transplant their uterus into a woman who doesn’t have one.
The transplant could be conducted on a woman ‘born without a uterus, or who had it removed or have uterine damage’ – this would make trans women eligible for the procedure.

>"Transgender women are no different."

This is about woman receiving the transplant, with a click bait title and conclusion.
>>
Wasn't there one story recently about a woman with CAIS giving birth to twins?
>>
>>5310146
yeah but she was XXY or something
>>
I'm all for lgbt rights but giving someone an artificial womb is fucking with nature. Evolution made it so women can have children. Their bodies were made for it through millions of years of evolution. You all will probably disagree tho.
>>
>>5310279
Fucking with nature... You say?

As I understood, artifice and adaptation through tool use were major components of homo sapiens behavioral profile. Do you believe that it is otherwise?
>>
>>5310279
Here the thing.
You just need 4 parties to agree.
A person wanting a womb.
A person willing to give a womb.
A surgeon willing to do the procedure.
And a government allowing it.

Why should you care if it's fucking with nature if you have nothing to do with these people?

I could say the human body has been through a been through millions of years of evolution to develop a immune system, but you and many people who think like you would still disregard that and take medications if you got sick despite making you a huge fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>5310279
>fucking with nature

Hasn't that been what we've been doing for years? Why draw a line now?
>>
>>5305171
It costs about 30k to adopt one kid in the states. To put that into perspective, you could go to a sperm bank and buy the sperm of some 6'6'' doctor, go to an egg donor and buy a 6' doctor lady's egg, pay a woman to carry the fertilized egg for you for 9 months, and the total cost would be around 23k.......

If the state wants people to adopt more than maybe they shouldn't make it so damn expensive.
>>
File: 1438410848133.jpg (161KB, 456x469px) Image search: [Google]
1438410848133.jpg
161KB, 456x469px
>>5305655
It will truly be a glorious day when we would actually be able to support the God Emperor.
>>
File: caveman science fiction.jpg (611KB, 960x1299px) Image search: [Google]
caveman science fiction.jpg
611KB, 960x1299px
>>5310279
>fucking with nature
Why do people still use this argument as if it means something? "Nature" isn't synonymous with "things I like and am personally comfortable with." Evolution is not a conscious process and there is no plan.

You're going to have to deal with that reality on your own some day. But for now, keep your dumb shit to yourself.
>>
>>5310488
This. Obviously we're immune to all of the sicknesses we're supposed to be immune to at this point in history because evolution said so. Don't fuck with nature and take medication when you're sick or else evolution will get really mad!
>>
>>5310577
Nice dubs.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.