[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this shit any different from blackface?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 17

File: bids7.jpg (919KB, 1200x845px) Image search: [Google]
bids7.jpg
919KB, 1200x845px
How is this shit any different from blackface?
>>
It's not that's why everyone with a brain hates it
>>
File: 1443741391013.gif (381KB, 500x190px) Image search: [Google]
1443741391013.gif
381KB, 500x190px
>trannies
>whining about men pretending to be women

the irony.
>>
To comprehend why is this accepted and black face is not, you have to comprehend the tiers of oppression as defined by tumblr and social justice.

Most privileged to least privileged:
>white cis straight male
>white cis straight woman
>asian cis straight male
>asian cis straight woman
>latino cis straight male
>latina cis straight woman
>black cis straight male
>black cis straight women
>bisluts
>white homosexual cis men
>white whatever trans men
>white homosexual cis women
>asian homosexual cis men
>asian whatever trans men
>asian homosexual cis women
>latino homosexual cis men
>latino whatever trans men
>latino homosexual cis women
>black homosexual cis men
>black whatever trans men
>black homosexual cis women
>arabs
>MtF trannies
>jews
So now we can appreciate from this list that MtF are more oppressed than women, unlike black people that are more oppressed by whites. This is why as a white person, you CAN'T use blackface since it would inherently be racism, but as a MtF, you can crossdress as a woman since women exert oppression over you, and thus it's in no way sexist or should be offensive.
>>
File: 1428736133135.png (139KB, 520x477px) Image search: [Google]
1428736133135.png
139KB, 520x477px
>>5221287
>jews
Are you fucking retarded? Tumblr considers jews to be the only race aside from whites that it's okay to be racist towards.
>>
It's always so comical.
>>
>>5221320
>People who Miss the point for 500
>>
>>5221221

lel
>>
>>5221221
You better start bitching about drag kings too
>>
>>5221494
Except that drag kings don't look like parodies of men.
>>
>>5221504
I've never seen a drag king desu
>>
>>5221287
you just made this up
MtF is just the new Gay
>>
>>5221504
Yes they do. They have painted on muscules, some stuff their crotch to make it look like they are hard and try and act as macho as possible.

The real reason you're pissed is because men are doing this. Btw, trans women also compete in drag pageants. So stfu up you stupid bitch and educate yourself first
>>
I am a feminist, I want to break down gender roles. However if a man should try to break gender roles and adopt anything female, it is misogyny. What I really mean when I say break gender roles I really just mean take male roles while policing female roles.
>>
>>5221504
maybe because theres really not that much about men or male fashion to emphasize?
a man's appearance is largely boring because they don't really do anything to stand out.
women's fashion choices lend more to parody by virtue of being more obviously unnatural than men's.
>>
>>5221586
no, you made this up, you made everything up how could you
>>
>>5221586
Nah, it's still pretty hated, honestly - much more so than being gay (even though being gay is still quite hated). The haters have just been silenced by society claiming bigotry - which it really is, but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>5221221
It's not any different. It's fucked up.
>>
>>5221221

Because it's gay men making fun of straight women
>>
>>5221221
I... don't understand the comparison, but that's probably because I'm not a tranny she-man
>>
Background: I've been into crossdressing for as long as I can remember. It predates my attraction to literally anything else and has defined my sexual tastes for my entire life. I've felt a lot of shame and anxiety because of it over the years.

Drag queens have always made me uncomfortable. They look like creepy monsters and make me feel like a joke. I can't comprehend why anybody would want to act like that. People are free to do whatever they want, but fuck it still bothers me.
>>
>>5221287
I'm not clear on tumblr rules, someone told me white people can't do corn rows now, but I'm half black. Can I only do half my head? And I'm like 1/8th Native American so can I get like 1/8th drunk in a trailer?
>>
>>5221308
>Be black
>Be literally despised be every race on the entire planet unanimously
>Literally only culture that preaches inclusion and tolerance is white culture
>Korean word for black people is literally "dirt person"

Must be everyone else! Mostly white people's fault!
>>
>>5221631
I thought the goal of feminism was to economically and socially empower women to the status of men, not to exterminate the concept of gender.
>>
>>5221773
Tumblr is proof that women need to be stopped.
>>
>>5221221
blackface is actually funny though
>>
>>5221705
Sincerely and with love: go fuck yourself and die in a fire, shithead.

what others do is not your issue
>>
File: ad.png (2MB, 1260x847px) Image search: [Google]
ad.png
2MB, 1260x847px
>>5221287
I thought Blacks were fixed as the least privileged. Isn't that why you can say chink and spic on TV but you can't say the N-word and why billboards like pic related that treat Black people as a special brand of PoC exist?
>>
What is blackface?
>>
>>5221631
>TERFs in a nutshell
>>
>>5223314
google it.
>>
>>5222785
>"says people are free to do anything that they want"
>go fuck yourself and die in a fire, shithead
what
>>
It's not.

>>5221287
This is the dumbest attempt to both define and dismiss kyriarchy that I've ever seen.
>>
>>5223958
no, they nailed it. you're just mad.
>>
>>5221852
I actually agree, I want to try and start a minstrel show show to see how people would react to it.
>>
File: shut up you junky whore.gif (970KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
shut up you junky whore.gif
970KB, 500x275px
>>5221221
Because drag doesn't make fun of women, it makes fun of the ridiculous societal norms that go into being feminine. The fact that a man can put a ludicrous amount of makeup on and pass as a woman, while a woman can't really do much more than glue hair to her face (still barely looking masculine) makes a case for how stupid the societal concept of being a 'woman' is.

That, and the fact that drag was born from a largely oppressed grouping of people and has a strong sense of community between drag queens as a result.

TL:DR Drag is an empowering and blatant form of self expression while blackface is crude and belittling.
>>
>>5224919

This, no one puts on blackface and claims self expression.
>>
>>5221221
Nobody should be upset over either one but thanks to butthurt loud whiny babies that use oppression charts like >>5221287 we can't have things that hurt their feelings. Somebody please think of the potentially hurt feelings of the paper-thin-skinned individuals that we create with this nonsense ;__;
>muh institutional oppression
>muh institutional racism
>muh institutional sexism
>>
>doesn't realize drag is a form of satire
>>
>>5224997
Satirizing what? Women?
>>
File: i don't like you.gif (636KB, 250x274px) Image search: [Google]
i don't like you.gif
636KB, 250x274px
>>5224995
Protip.

[You're not the person experiencing the hurtful thing]

[Ergo; YOU don't get to decide what's hurtful or not and to who]

And ironically enough, you sound like the whiny baby because instead of trying to be a decent and sympathetic human or god forbid *growing as a person* by trying to understand someone else's experience, you've decided to complain about 'butthurt' people who are in reality probably much stronger than you (on account of they have to fight through the shitty things that shitty people like you say every day)
>>
>>5225044
When did I ever say that people shouldn't be decent towards each other? I'm all for people respecting each other and getting along. What I'm talking about the PC police shit where saying nigger is basically murder but saying cracker is totally fine because muh oppression gymnastics. Blackface not being okay is just an extension of the overblown political correctness where hurt feelings trump freedom of speech/expression.

But hey, props to you for calling anonymous person names without knowing anything about them, I'm sure that wins you tons of arguments.
>>
>>5225044
You do realize you contradict your own standard right?
>[YOU don't get to decide what's hurtful or not and to who]
>on account of they have to fight through the shitty things that shitty people like you say every day
>>
File: nap.gif (697KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
nap.gif
697KB, 500x279px
>>5225015
Satirizing femininity. Men are men, women are women, and black people are black people. There's nothing they can do to change how they are/identify as a person, so it would be tasteless to satirize that (Blackface).

But women can choose to be feminine, or are often pressured into being feminine. So drag is a satire of that, it's men choosing to be exactly as feminine as women are often pressured to be. And it's funny/entertaining because it satirizes a choice or a style, an abstract concept- not a person or group of people.
>>
>>5225159
Drag queens are satirizing femininity as much as blackface is satirizing melanin.
>>
>>5221221
It isn't. All drag queens do is make cis people hate trans people even more. With drag shows and "bruce the douche jennerbender" I see why most Americans murder us poor trans people in droves. It's sickening.
>>
>>5221786
Shut the fuck up mayate. Your opinion is irrelevant.

:3

No but seriously, Spanish is no different.
>>
>>5225179
Trans women are like blackface to women.
>>
>>5225203
No, we are women with birth defects, its not our fault most of us look so masculine, we weren't in control of how our bones grew, no one is.
>>
File: jessica.gif (161KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
jessica.gif
161KB, 625x351px
>>5225098
>>5225149

I hesitate to call it PC culture because a more accurate term would be "how to not be a dick in social situations 101"

Stop, for like just one second, and try to empathize. It's tasteless for white people to use the term 'nigger' because it doesn't apply to them. It was used for a long long time as a word to belittle people of color. I'm not black, but I am gay- so I can imagine that being black and hearing a non-black person use the term 'nigger' would be awkward and probably a little hurtful. I can imagine this because I know that hearing a straight person use the term 'faggot' is a little bit uncomfortable and I would rather they didn't.

And I'm not broken down by this, I don't have thin skin, nobody competing in the 'oppression olympics' does. I probably wouldn't even call this person out in most situations. The key is that it's weird, it makes me a little uncomfortable, and I'd rather that they didn't.

Blackface isn't okay the same way something like 'Faggot-face' wouldn't be okay. I don't think I'd appreciate a straight male satirizing my community when he's not a part of it himself.
>>
>>5225227
>belittle people of color
>people of color

Can you fucking retarded ass SJWs stop using that?

People of color implies that people like myself and my family, who are very light skinned FULL Latinos aren't considered minorities. Am I suddenly not a minority anymore because I'm not as fucking black as a mestizo?
>>
>>5225227
drag queens are literally an attack on trans people, you should be ashamed you fucking faggot
>>
>>5225227
>"how to not be a dick in social situations 101"
Public act is not a social situation. You should always treat individuals with the respect and try not to use the words they want you to not use if they're worth that respect be that some pronoun, racially charged word or whatever they're bothered by. The point is that the word itself is not the problem, nor is the fault at the person saying it if it's not meant as an insult.

>It's tasteless for white people to use the term 'nigger' because it doesn't apply to them.
There's nothing wrong with using the word itself.

>It was used for a long long time as a word to belittle people of color.
It used to be the normal term for black people even before that. The word itself is not the problem, the problem is bigoted people using it as a derogatory word. The issue with blacklisting words is that literally any word can be used in a derogatory fashion, language evolves over time and the best way to combat this is to call people out for racism in this case, not blame the word and assume anyone using it is a racist.

>nobody competing in the 'oppression olympics' does
If you try to pre-emptively police how other people talk to avoid getting offended you are being thin-skinned as fuck. PC people are advocating that you call everyone 'they/them' until you have asked what gender they identify as, if that isn't protecting overly thin-skinned I don't know what is. He/she are clearly not offensive words unless deliberately used in that way about a trans person, there's no need to try and police them preemptively.

>Blackface isn't okay the same way something like 'Faggot-face' wouldn't be okay.
Those are not equivalent unless black is as much of a charged term nowdays as faggot. Neither are inherently offensive either, it all depends on context.
>>
File: all of us.gif (704KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
all of us.gif
704KB, 245x250px
>>5225239
LORD.

I used the term because it fit well within the context of what I was saying. People of color were belittled for a long time during Jim Crow. People who appeared passably white were not harassed nearly as much.

And funny story, I hated 'SJW's for the longest time. I was disgusted by people who had to be 'special snowflakes'. But it's honestly a matter of growing up and realizing that, for certain people, finding a very specific identity is a step towards being happy with themselves. And who am I to step in the way of another person's happiness? It doesn't affect me in the slightest what they call themselves or what labels they apply to their being.

And was a matter of being exposed to a wide variety of people different from myself. You become friends with people who belong to oppressed minorities, and you hear their stories and think "Wow that's such a shitty thing to happen to this person I like, why would I allow that to happen to my friend?" and you realize that sitting idly by while shitty things happen to good people is sort of unacceptable. So you speak up, you try to make others aware, and I guess you become a "retarded ass SJW"

And it just happens. You fight for
>>
>>5225244
Kayla, what have we talking about attacking people? Play nice.
>>
File: tone.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tone.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>5225274
Oh okay hold on we can fucking agree on something: policing is stupid and not what I'm trying to do here at all. Honest mistakes are honest mistakes and preemptively calling someone they/them/their is baloney. And obviously I don't have a problem with the word 'nigger' out of the context of directing it towards another person considering I've been using it this whole time.
>>
>>5225308
>I used the term because it fit well within the context of what I was saying. People of color were belittled for a long time during Jim Crow. People who appeared passably white were not harassed nearly as much.

That was the whole point of my post, you retarded SJW. Good job on purposely diverting your response after that, which I didn't bother to read.
>>
File: gigi-gorgeous-01-435.jpg (29KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
gigi-gorgeous-01-435.jpg
29KB, 435x580px
>>5225226
>No, we are women with birth defects, its not our fault most of us look so masculine, we weren't in control of how our bones grew, no one is.
By that logic you can't blame drag queens for being born masculine either, they aren't in control of their bones, no one is.

Regardless you trans people dress and act like bad stereotypes of women. You give real women like me a bad name and thus are blackface to women.
>>
File: They told me about the stairs.jpg (8KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
They told me about the stairs.jpg
8KB, 258x195px
>>5225346

Holy shit I'm arguing with a person on the internet why did nobody stop me. We're done here, I'm going back to whatever life I lived before these weird 30 minutes.
>>
>>5225308
>People of color were belittled for a long time
they were colored folk back then now you just adding a couple of words to it
>I'm people too

fuck you
>>
>>5225369
This so much, as a lesbian woman seeing trans women dress and act like super valley girls in heels and lipstick while spouting about how makeup and clothes is what being a woman is about is insulting to women. Even trans lesbians although not nearly as bad are also very stereotypical in certain ways and give the impression of being fake or forced.

Trans women are blackface of women.
>>
>>5225339
>And obviously I don't have a problem with the word 'nigger' out of the context of directing it towards another person considering I've been using it this whole time.
Ah so we just differ in that I don't think it's even when it's directed at a black person if it's not used in an offensive manner. There seems to be this whole outrage culture going on about it where people can't even say it out of context and just say n-word instead just so they don't get falsely labeled as a racist.

I see no reason to treat 'culturally appropriating' or stereotyping things any differently. If you paint your face black and act purposefully stupid or whatever to rile people up then yeah, you're being a racist. It's the disrespectful act that makes it bad, not the painted face. And even then I don't think anyone should be prevented from doing their niggerface ooga booga dance, it's an expression of their own stupidity more than anything else and any rational person should see it as just that.

Same goes for 'culturally appropriating' whatever, most recently seen on halloween where you cant wear indian feather headdresses because someone might get offended even though you weren't trying to be disrespectful in any way towards the native american culture. It's not wrong just because someone might get offended by it either, if someone gets offended by some piece of clothing you completely innocently wear that's on them for being thin skinned.
>>
File: 1389142921849.png (7KB, 242x257px) Image search: [Google]
1389142921849.png
7KB, 242x257px
>>5225369
>act too feminine
>you're a parody of women
>don't act feminine enough
>you're just a man playing dress up
>>
>>5225369
>real women like me
nice try dude
>>
>>5225369

Nice generalization skills you got going for you there.
>>
>>5225395
>it's so hard to act like a normal woman so i'll act like one extreme or the other!
>uncanny valley.jpg

>>5225407
Stay jealous tranny.

>>5225427
Nice butt hurt you got there zir.
>>
>>5225460
Not Jealous of a whale like you bitch.
>>
>>5225460
reading comprehension
>>
>>5221786
BTFO
>>
File: check your privilege.jpg (50KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
check your privilege.jpg
50KB, 599x337px
Why is the LGBT community full of SJW shit heads? Jesus Christ, if it offends you, then don't watch it. The world isn't your safe space...
>>
>>5225469
>a whale like you bitch
>implying I'm fat because I'm lesbian
Ahaha that's pretty funny actually. No I'm pretty skinny yet have nice curves and big breasts and a real vagina all of which you'll never have so yeah stay salty tranny hon.

>>5225485
>reading comprehension
Yeah you need some of that it seems.
>>
>>5225545
sure thing dude
>>
>>5225523
It's not really so much about us watching it, as it is about others watching it and equating it to trans people. We have a bad enough reputation as it is.
>>
>>5225560
>jelly tranny detected
Well it was nice talking to you, sir.

>>5225563
>wahhh every one make us look bad!
Someone get this tranny a pacifier.
>>
>>5225563
So...isn't the whole point of the LGBT community is to accepted no matter what. The moment you start telling a man that he can't dress himself in drag and lip sing ke$ha, then you're completely going against what the community stands for. Plus its all in good fun.
>>
>>5225592
>>wahhh every one makes us look bad!
Seriously this, trans people are so homophobic towards gay men and drag queens and also very phobic towards cd's and TV's too.

>feminine gay men make us look bad!
>drag queens make us look bad!
>cross dressers make us look bad!
>transvestites make us look bad!
>our own kind (old hons and tumblr trans) make us look bad!
Where does that hate end?
>>
>>5225620
it ends when the whole world is literally clones of them or is too frightened to say anything / speak up against it due to repercussions .... *cough* its already happened at the university of missouri *cough cough*
>>
>>5225592
I don't even have to care, since I seem to pass anyways, but it's still disheartening to see the reputation of those damaged who are just trying to live their lives in peace.
>>
File: tumblr_mrg9xx8r2k1s0az47o3_250.gif (277KB, 245x146px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrg9xx8r2k1s0az47o3_250.gif
277KB, 245x146px
>>5225545
>>5225592
>>
>>5225601
I'm not saying that they can't do that, but their actions aren't without consequences for others. The problem actually lies with the people who can't deal with people who are 'different'. So there is no need to get all flustered, I'm not some would-be tranny dictator.
>>
>>5225640
I am so tired of this bullshit
http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/02/colleges-project-vulva-attacked-for-transphobia/
>>
>>5221287
Damn it feels good to be on top.
>>
>>5221287
Bisexuals can pretend to be straight and therefore are also on top.

t. I'm bisexual.
>>
Okay, lets get this straight-- I'm sure for some
men (gay or straight) dressing in drag is a way
for them to mock the other sex, but for a lot
of drag queens, it's a way to own/accept your
feminine side and have that part of you shine.

drag also can't be compared to black face
because black face is out right racist
discrimination against black people by white
people. why is it racist and not prejudice?
because white people hold the power and
black people do not.

here endeth the lesson.
>>
>>5221773
top fucking kek
>>
>>5225876
then why you on /lgbt son
>>
Holy cow how is this thread still alive

saaaage
>>
File: fashion.jpg (51KB, 509x768px) Image search: [Google]
fashion.jpg
51KB, 509x768px
>>5221705
>look at me, I'm spessul
>>
>>5226625
I like both dicks and vaginas.
>>
>>5224919

I agree, drag is a performance and has to be read as such; it's using some social markers of feminity and playing with them.

Being black is not an outfit, or some make up. You don't "undress" your black skin

it's pointing out te ridicule of those gender attibutes, sometimes for comedy, but there is also some examples of very creative and talented performers

make up is an art for example, and it doesn't ahve to be bellittled because it's "feminine"
queer feminity is often frowned upon as if feminity and it's expression is a shameful thing
>>
>>5225172

as a woman I don't feel offended by drag at all
I enjoy seeing feminine attributes being turned into something playful
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.