[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, just out of curiosity, can us trans folk give blood? Long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 2000px-ABO_blood_type.svg.png (271KB, 2000x1286px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-ABO_blood_type.svg.png
271KB, 2000x1286px
So, just out of curiosity, can us trans folk give blood?

Long story short, there is going to be an event at my uni where people can give blood to save lives. I know for a fact I have AB negative blood, which is literally the rarest blood type within the ABO system, so I'm not even sure they'd have any use for it.
But still,I can't help but wonder if I wanted to, could I give blood?
>>
>>5179791
if you're mtf and have had anal sex with a man in the past year you can not donate blood unless you have your gender marker changed and pass 100%.
>>
>>5179791
>if you're mtf and have had anal sex with a man in the past year you can donate blood as long as you claim you haven't
fixed
>>
>>5179791
nope
>>
>>5179915
>>5179937
I am as untouched as the most devoted nuns are in a highland cloister, so that wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>5179979
The issue is purely superficial. Nothing really stops gays or MtF's from donating blood. They don't inspect your asshole or anything to make sure you're lying. It's like those stores in the Southern US that have signs that say "no queers." All you have to do is walk past it, buy your pizza and then grab your boyfriend's ass on the way out
>>
>>5179791
>can us trans folk give blood?
Anyone can donate blood (or organs/tissue) for that matter so long as certain conditions are met.

For blood/tissue it's usually more strict than organs (having hiv for example is not a reason to turn down an organ).

If you haven't had risky sexual behavior last year, didn't go to countries with high risks of certain infections and you're clear of some other stuff you're good to go.

Usually when you want to donate they have a list of questions which determine if you can donate or not.
>>
>>5179791
>tfw o-
>tfw can't donate because gay
>>
>>5180808
I wish I had.
>>
>>5179791
If you're on an anti-androgen its best not to.
I come from Australia and the only restrictions on giving blood here are 1. Diseases, 2. Recent tattoo, 3. Recent visit over seas and 4. Using drugs that may harm others.
If you're just taking estrogen you're fine. But on something like Spiro that can cause birth defects you're expected not to.
>>
>>5181093
Wait, do they not just have a list of drugs that you can't take and donate like in America? Spiro isn't an issue, but finsteride is.
>>
>>5179791
Why would I want to give my blood to breeders?
>>
>>5181112
>Spiro isn't an issue, but finsteride is.
Care to explain? I know that finasteride is dangerous, but why not spiro too then? I've heard they don't usually prescribe it to men, but I figured only because they might grow titties over time, and they'd probably get upset over it.
>>
>>5181437
As far as I know prolonged spiro can castrate you. Plus it's a diuretic, so it'll dehydrate you like fuck and if you can't keep up a solid intake, stuff might get risky for your heart and general health.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.