[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no lgbt friendly superhero movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: love.jpg (84KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
love.jpg
84KB, 500x450px
Why are there no lgbt friendly superhero movies?
>>
does everything need to be lgbtified?
>>
File: Authority_Widescreen_by_Hitch.jpg (29KB, 320x248px) Image search: [Google]
Authority_Widescreen_by_Hitch.jpg
29KB, 320x248px
>>5173820
Idk but if there ever is I want it to be the authority or batwoman.

>marvel mad GoT movie based on some off brand marvel book
>why can't dc make th authority

I just want the whole jenny spark arc, it can end with her dying and leave it open to a sequel. Shit would be cash.
>>
>>5173908

yes
>>
>>5173820

Why does it matter?
>>
>>5173974

A gay super hero movie would be more important than any other type of lgbt media
>>
>>5173991

Why would it more the most impotant, and why is it important that it has to be LGBT.
>>
>>5174026
Because superheroes are an integral part of America's culture, and for the most part LGBT is well represented in comics. If this was translated to screen people could see how progressive not only the comic audience but all those who loves superheroes.
>>
>>5174043

Who cares though? Why does the progressiveness of a comic mean anything? What is the result you want here, more screen time dedicated to gay romance?
>>
>>5174026

Despite being fiction super heroes represent model human beings and super hero movies are the most mainstream form of media today.
>>
>>5174048

yes. nothing wrong with that.

and also it would help unhappy kids, give them a role model to look to and say "oh man, Batmans bisexual, just like me!".

just spitballin.
>>
>>5174048

Just more visibility for characters who are already LGBT related. It doesn't have to star them or focus around them, it doesn't even have to involve their romance. X-men has a gay couple. The DC universe has a bisexual female on/off couple. The characters exist, I'd just like to see them in the movies.

The director for the new Deadpool movie already said that he wants it known that he's not going to shy away from representing him as pansexual. Which is cool, and it just adds to the type of humor you find in the comics. It doesn't scream "OMG GAYNESS RIGHT HERE THIS GUY MIGHT SUCK A DICK!!", it's just a part of the character that some writers play on, and some writers don't.
>>
Because getting fucked in the ass cool or manly no matter how you slice it, and they would be pandering to a very small minority, also it would be forced as fuck.

>"Okay the script is done, wait! Let's sprinkle some gay on it!"
>>
File: 2933913.jpg (190KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
2933913.jpg
190KB, 500x255px
>>5174048
Yeah?

What's wrong with that? I wanna see more gay romance shit cause I like romance shit and wanna self insert but it's hard when it's all hetero. Like how they give you some ugly average dude to self insert as and get the hipster qt girl.

I don't want them to make batman gay. Just make the lesbian batwoman series or see the alternate universe batman marry his alternate universe superman. Ya know cannon gay comic shit.
>>
>>5173820
You had lord of the rings and batman & robin.
>>
>>5174026
Because connection? Every time a movie has a subplot about a straight romance it just feels forced and off, I automatically start paying attention to all of the movie problems because I no longer see it as an entertainment piece.
>>
>>5173820
Do not know why there are no movies but if you look into it there are 52 LGBT superheros ranging from gay to lesbian to gender fluid /sexually fluid, transsexual and bisexual.
>>
>>5176578
Correction, 52 superheros and villains
>>
>>5176578
52 lgbt superheroes and yet not one with an ounce of mainstream popularity.
>>
>>5176578
Why exactly 52?
Is it a Multiversity thing?
>>
>>5176610
Dont know why it is 52 but go to google type in gay superheros and 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains | Advocate.com comes up on the list look through the list you get pic of them powers sometimes which comic and their sexuality and sometimes how it fit into the storyline.
>>
>>5176592
Northstar green lantern iceman mystique to name a few, just how mainstream are you looking for? Batwoman referenced that Batman and Robin were gay.
>>
File: 1439223830497.png (113KB, 386x336px) Image search: [Google]
1439223830497.png
113KB, 386x336px
>>5174249
>tfw no long haired apollo for me
WHY LIVE
WHY GOD
>>
superheros aren't supposed to have anything to do with sexuality, stupid.
>>
>>5173820
Because it's difficult to sell stuff to a minority population and make a profit which outweighs the cost.

Hollywood will sell anything which makes money.

This isn't so much a problem of fear of bigotry (even though bigotry will undeniably reveal itself) as it is a problem of cost-effectiveness.

The majority of people won't fork over the cash to go see a gay superhero movie, especially if the motivation behind creating it is one of pure forced inclusiveness which conceals digging for an opportunity to expose people to gay romance in a convenient excuse like a superhero movie.

You have to sell these ideas to investors. Investors want a return. As noble as your agenda may be, if it doesn't seem profitable, it's not going to attract investors.
>>
>>5174043

how the fuck do you see that is not?
Batman
>Gay
>womderwoman
>Gay
>Aquaman
>Bi oh hell yeah
Green Arrow
>GAAAAYYYYYY
Storm
>wow so gay
Kitty Pryde
>gay2thagay
professor X
>so gay his head is a beacon of gay shine

Spiderman is the straightest superhero possible and i bet even he's down for a blowie from a pal
>bisexual

you need to read between the line, lil fella! Gay has been around for a long long time, you're not inventing anything new here
>>
>>5177006
Should be telling that to all those arcs with or about shoehorned shitty romance.
>>
>>5177041
Who actually pays attention to the filler material that is most often only included as a plot device?

It's background noise.
>>
Well hell, they could just add the two lesbians in a future GotG movie.

I heard Mantis and Adam are gonna be in the next one, so no reason the lesbians might not be introduced later
>>
>>5177050
If that were true they wouldn't be there in the first place, writers are fucking lazy when it comes to character developments nowadays.
>>
>>5176978
>Iceman
That one was introduced horribly though.
See he wasn't always gay, but in a time travel plot, his past self was turned gay by some space magic plot device that randomly tweaks people's appearance or personality, and then Jean read his mind and TOLD HIM he was gay before he could even suspect something was different, so now all his relationships with women up to the present didn't happen.
The explanation from Jean is that she didn't want Iceman to waste his time on relationships that have failed consistently in the previous timeline, but he probably wouldn't have been gay under the circumstances of that timeline, and if he was, Jean certainly never bothered to force him out of the closet in the present.
If that attempt to make an existing character gay for diversity's sake were any more contrived and transparent, it would involve him being bitten by a radioactive gay.
>>
>>5173925
gays are villians not heroes
>>
>>5179039
the jooooooos haahahahahahaaa
>>
>>5179039

This

>watching arrow
>suddenly gay nigger for no reason

It's disgusting how homosexuality is being used to make stuff edgy now.
>>
>>5173820
Because it's stupid.

The only reason they'd shoehorn a lgbt character in any media is so that they look progressive and accepting, thus hiding themselves from any blame.
>>
The same reason there arent any good superheroes movie.
Just watchmen and dark knight.

You can always read authority.
Gay superman and gay batman are tbe best justice league.
>>
>>5177684
I agree 100% it WAS a shitty way to introduce a gay character, but at least they are putting in characters with diverse sexuality's.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.