[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My 14 year old brother recently came out as trans. Should he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 10

File: abc_2020_1_130119_wg.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
abc_2020_1_130119_wg.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
My 14 year old brother recently came out as trans. Should he be on hormones now or should he wait until he's older? If so, when?
>>
>>5156017
puberty blockers would be good for now, HRT at 18 when they're legally an adult. maybe 16 if it's horrendously blatant that they're definitely trans.
>>
>>5156017
tell him to wait until he's 60 and hes had a fe children so he can become a tru trans transbian.
>>
you should cut his balls off as a preventative measure
>>
Ask her. I knew what I wanted by 13, she probably does too. Be cool and hook her up with ihp and hide it from your rents.
>>
>>5156017
At 14 you're too young and naïve to clearly make such a life altering decision like that. He should be in therapy for a while until it's clear he really is trans. A lot of trans youth stop feeling gender dysphoric in their teens.
>>
>>5156017
Take him to a therapist asap.

>can't drink beer until 21
>can take hormones and cut cock off whenever

Fuck this country
>>
>>5156133
>A lot of trans youth stop feeling gender dysphoric in their teens.
Citation?
>>
>>5156017
now

also, hook me up with him~
>>
>>5156017
the younger you start the better.

their body is still in development since they are still in like mid stage puberty. getting them on estrogen while still in puberty will help them alot in developing a more feminine body type as they finish growing.

if you are not sure for the momnet at least get them on blockers, then go to a gender therapist. if you go through a bit of therapy and talk about it and your brother is sure that he wants to take hormones let him and support him.

best of luck to you and your brother/sister OP
>>
>>5156017
WPATH guidelines suggest gnrh hormone blockers, they're fully reversible and safe and give the beat outcome .

You can figure the actual hormones later after you've taken care of the blockers and sorted things out.
>>
>>5156183
>WPATH guidelines
Are just guidelines not rules or anything. Also the effects are not fully reversible either. If you take them then after puberty decide you aren't trans and stop you won't be able to fully go through male puberty again which will fuck up your height and body frame. Also just being on T blockers can cause gyno on males which is also not reversible.
>>
>>5156195
Dunno why you said you can't but there's studies with kids saying it's reversible for a few years
>height
He'd grow taller than average with gnrh blockers if he decided to become a boy later. Growth plates don't seal as quick with them.

It's sorta like how Europeans start puberty later because their low fat diets and end up taller for it.

If he has gender issues, then I don't see how having legolas style looks if he decided to stay a boy would be a bath thing for him.
>>
>>5156139
That's really not a valid comparison, since HRT and SRS (which usually don't begin until around 18 anyway) are medical procedures given by a doctor.
>>
>>5156195
Not fully reversible, but if someone feels trans strongly enough to come out, and is prescribed blockers by a doctor, the chance that they are indeed trans is high enough that it's worth the minor risk of blockers. It doesn't make sense to let testosterone ruin your body just on the off chance that you're not really trans when it's more likely than not that you are trans. And again, even if you turn out not to be completely trans, wanting to transition probably means you're at least a femboy in which case you're better off without normal male development anyway.
>>
>>5156216
>studies
The studies are probably not very accurate then.

Post studies for reference.

>he'd grow then average
No in most cases growth is stunted.

Also he would probably develop gyno from blocking T which is not reversible with surgery.

>a bath thing for him
wut?
>>
>>5156285
Pretty much this. If someone's questioning it's just best to start them on blockers.
>>
>>5156285
It doesn't make sense to let a child take hormones or even hormones blocers when they aren't capable of making rational decisions at that age and as another anon said most gender dysphoric youth are not trans and end up as gay men and women.
>>
>>5156420
>It doesn't make sense to let a child take hormones or even hormones blocers when they aren't capable of making rational decisions at that age
It's no different than any other medical treatment though. After all, it's a doctor evaluating the person and deciding whether to put them on HRT.

>as another anon said most gender dysphoric youth are not trans and end up as gay men and women.
No evidence has yet been offered in support of that claim. And there is really no documented case of gender dysphoria just vanishing as one gets older.
>>
>>5156435
Your right, that's why even today most doctors don't put children on hrt at least not without a letter from a therapist who has evaluated them for a long period of time.

>No evidence has yet been offered in support of that claim. And there is really no documented case of gender dysphoria just vanishing as one gets older
This is not the one I read but it also shows that most gender dysphoic children are not really trans.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0890856708601422
>>
>>5156464
Key fact said in the study: "Nearly all male and female participants in the persistence group reported having a homosexual or bisexual sexual orientation. In the desistance group, all of the girls and half of the boys reported having a heterosexual orientation"

My brother is out as bisexual.
>>
>>5156464
>Your right, that's why even today most doctors don't put children on hrt at least not without a letter from a therapist who has evaluated them for a long period of time.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's not the child that makes the decision really, and even if they do appear to be clearly trans they only start with blockers anyway.

>This is not the one I read but it also shows that most gender dysphoic children are not really trans.
By definition, if we're using terms properly, being gender dysphoric means you're trans. I'm not aware of what definition this study uses, but one of the main studies arguing the same thing used a very broad definition for transgenderism (basically, any sort of gender nonconformity would cause one to be classified as trans in that study) but of course the actual doctors used a narrower definition. So it overinflated the "gender dysphoric" category with people who wouldn't even be classified as such under the normal definitions.
>>
>>5156409
Here, lancet says its no more dangerous than placebo http://www.thelancet.com/journals/laneur/article/PIIS1474-4422%2810%2970182-4/abstract?cc=y=

>No in most cases growth is stunted.
And you just proved you don't know what you're talking about. Patients treated with GNRH like Andrej Pejic all ended up taller than their siblings if they didn't get estrogen as well.

GNRH drugs induce something exactly like a mild Kallmann syndrome. The main thing about Kallmann asides from the androgyny is that it's patients are all taller than average because less hormones means slower bone closing. So yeah, he'll likely grow taller than he would have if he elects not to take estrogen.
>>
>>5156487
Probably trans. Talk to a therapist, probably start with blockers and you won't have to worry about him developing anorexia or other complications then.
>>
File: 1421865938493.png (757KB, 2454x4157px) Image search: [Google]
1421865938493.png
757KB, 2454x4157px
>>5156017
>"he"

admit it's you, you underage fuck
>>
>>5156513
How can you be so sure though? :/
>>
>>5156519
It's already persisted to puberty and has intensified, statistically it's almost certainly not going to go away on its own.

I'd rather he go see doctors and get delaying treatment than try starving his body into not growing and end up with permanent complications.
>>
>>5156527
I haven't noticed very much when he was little. He only mentioned taking a liking to cross-dressing, putting on makeup & shaving his legs when he was 12-13.
>>
>>5156133

Many children display cross-gender tendencies between 2 and 4 but after that point, the vast vast majority of children who still display cross-gender tendencies probably aren't gonna just "grow out of it". If anything it's more likely that trans teens just end up repressing their feelings, like I was fantasizing about transition by the time I was 14 but I noped hard when I imagined how my dad would react. Then I came out at 21 after a huge emotional breakdown and when I came out to my dad like half a year later he reacted pretty much exactly how I expected.
>>
>>5156540
There's hardly any difference between boys and girls at ~10 and pink is a gaudy color so I wouldn't have been in a rush to wear that.

I mean sure getting whacked by dad for being effeminate wasn't any fun, and makeup was fun but the only thing you had to do in that age to make everyone think you're a girl is wear plain shorts and a salmon colored shirt.
>>
>>5156017
I never thought it'd be possible to become a hon if you started transitioning that early...
>>
>>5156600
She just looks weird, but not like a boy.
>>
>>5156017
Puberty blocks as soon as possible. They will grant time for her own self discovery. At the latest, 15 to 16 HRT should start. SRS around a year on HRT, latest early summer before college. That way she'll get all of college to adjust to being female.
>>
>>5156133
No, it doesn't stop after puberty. It's pre-pubescent cross gender stuff that has been known to face.
>>
>>5156464
That is why they put those under 14 or so on puberty blockers so they can have more time to figure things out. Puberty blockers are reversible. At 15-16 most are sure they are trans, and it never changes after that. So at that point giving HRT and operations is appropriate.
>>
>>5156540
Sounds like it is intensifying as she is getting older. Time for HRT now.
>>
>>5156017

take the clown make up off, stop shaping the eyebrows, cut the hair to a boy's regular and that's a dude.

>can't escape destiny
>>
>>5156017
Go on the whoremornes so he can be a cocktease who prepares his boipucci for the football team after every game.
>>
>>5156787
>blockers are reversible
Not completely reversible, again this is why most doctor's refuse to treat trans youth this way unless they have a lot of paper work from a therapist proving this is the only course of action.

>at 15-16
Even at that age most teenagers are irresponsible and don't make the best decisions. Usually around 18 is when they start hrt sometimes 17.
>>
>>5156045
this anon seems fairly reasonable
>>
>>5156017
Blockers and great psychological help now, wait till he's older.
He should not identify with either, let him explore both genders.
>>
>>5158501
So what should they say when someone asks them if they're a boy or a girl?
>>
>>5158708
Leave it up to them them. If they really need to just say their preferred gender or what they are mostly presented as.
>>
File: Halston_009.jpg (32KB, 534x667px) Image search: [Google]
Halston_009.jpg
32KB, 534x667px
>>5157163
The damage from continuing to go through puberty is even more damaging. Having to continue on being a boy can damage or even shatter her mind. Then there are all the physical changes that are irreversible. You can't operate and narrow a chest cavity. It just doesn't work. There are to many vital organs in the way. There is also no way to widen the hips.

Most doctors know nothing about transition and thus don't want to do anything. Then there are the doctors that think it is wrong to transition, which sadly is most.

My GP doc is quite open, and has been learning about trans medical issues, yet I easily know much much more than she does. When I first told her I was transgender, she knew nothing except for the basics. It was barely touched on in med school, then on top of that I'm her first trans patient that has stuck around. There is a trans aware GP doc in a neighboring city a half hour away. He takes care of 70+% of the central Iowa trans I know, and I know people who travel two hours to go to him.
>>
>>5156017
He should go see a fucking psychiatrist mate.
>>
>>5159569
>Most doctors know nothing about transition and thus don't want to do anything
Well yes, just like how most doctors don't know anything about open heart surgery. It's not their field of study.

>Then there are the doctors that think it is wrong to transition, which sadly is most.
Unless you live in a country full of quack doctors, no.
>>
>>5159569
>>5158501
>>5156787
So he should just use blockers until he's 16 - 18, then begin HRT?
>>
>>5156139
i think what is more extreme is
>can fight and die in a war at 17.
>can't drink until 21.
>>
File: 1436658979129.jpg (64KB, 589x334px) Image search: [Google]
1436658979129.jpg
64KB, 589x334px
>>5159642
>can get shot at any age
>>
File: 978x.jpg (51KB, 978x642px) Image search: [Google]
978x.jpg
51KB, 978x642px
>>5156568
THIS. If she's 14 and have come out as trans, she's probably very serious and there is no reason to wait.
>>
>>5156017
Should see a professional before doing anything irreversible while staying aware that the human brain doesn't stop developing until people are ~21. If the professional opinion is that she should go for 'mones that she should be on them. If not and they think she should mature a bit more to see how she feels then keep an eye on her just in case she does have dysphoria and it gets too much for her. Whether she turns out to be your sister or is just your brother going through a phase you should support her.
>>
>>5159638
HRT at 15 to 16 latest. Otherwise she isn't going through puberty and will get teased due to that.

>>5159693
Actually later than that. When you have children it changes again, and can go through that change years later.

They are finding out the brain is a lot more plastic and changing than they thought just a decade ago.
>>
>>5159638
I would yes because he has anxiety about gender now, along with psychological help.
you and your parents will have help him figure this out and decease his dyshoria. In the meanwhile he has focus on his priorities like school becoming an adult.
>>
>>5159810
>Otherwise she isn't going through puberty and will get teased due to that.

He will get teased anyway, if you transition except this hardship.
>>
>>5159823
Once feminine features show up and if she is presenting feminine the teasing will drop. No boy that age wants to be seen teasing girls. unless she is an obvious pre bombshell, she won't be a threat to the other girls so she likely will be accepted by them.
>>
>>5156017
She, and your mom should read:
Queen Bees and Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World by Rosalind Wiseman

It's a pretty good read. Not perfect, but I'm not sure anybody could properly cover the topic.
>>
>>5159895
We'll definitely look into that :)
>>
>>5159823
>>5159865
>>5159810
Being teased is not much of a concern. The kids in his highschool are pretty LGBT friendly, actually. At least that was when I went there.
>>
File: 1443322418268.gif (3MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1443322418268.gif
3MB, 384x288px
>>5156017
Why is it that 14 year olds can consent to chemicals which will radically change their bodies but can't consent to sex?
>>
>>5159990
Because it's really whoever prescribes hormones that's making the decision. Not to mention that many kids go through natural puberty without their consent anyway
>>
>>5159999
Soooo, if i'm about to have sex with a 14 year old its ok because I'm the one making the decision?
>>
>>5160005
No, because you're not a doctor (and fucking people is not part of any recognized medical procedure).
>>
>>5160013
If I'm a doctor then can I have sex with a 14 year old?

I don't think the "recognized medical procedure" part is relevant. It was only until very recently that such a thing WAS recognized as legitimate. You wouldn't argue that people transitioning is wrong or right purely based on the laws of the country they reside in would you?
>>
>>5159990
14 year olds need parental approval.
>>
>>5160037
If a doctor thought that having sex with a 14 year old was a way to cure their medical condition (and had the research and medical consensus to back it up) I would say it is okay.

And, if it's not okay for a doctor to put underage children on HRT, why would it be okay for nature to make them go through natural puberty?
>>
>>5159999
>Because it's really whoever prescribes hormones that's making the decision
In the end it's the person taking them who makes the decision, if he or she says to the doctor "I'm really a boy or girl and want hormones" then that is giving their consent to take them. It should be the parents who decide not them.
>>
>>5160052
Cool, so if the parents are ok with it people can have sex with the child? Just curious, what happens if the parents want a sex change for their child but the child doesn't?

>>5160054
Why does it have to be for medical reasons? You can go on birth control for non-medical reasons, you can get an abortion for non-medical reasons. You can even become trans, for non-medical reasons.

I'm not arguing for or against putting children under HRT, but the "Naturalism" argument is beyond stupid. Nature didn't enslave our ancestors by forcing them to hunt for food or starve.
>>
>>5160102
You could make that argument about ANY medical treatment. But doctors don't just automatically prescribe medicine to anyone who asks, they have to believe it's appropriate given whatever condition they have. Otherwise there would be no need to have doctors in the first place. Really all the person taking them is doing is reporting their symptoms.

>It should be the parents who decide not them.
I think it would be preferable for the person with the relevant medical knowledge who makes that sort of decision. Otherwise transphobic parents could hurt transgender kids by not letting them transition because they think it's a liberal conspiracy to emasculate our youth or whatever.
>>
>>5160114
>Just curious, what happens if the parents want a sex change for their child but the child doesn't?
Like that lesbian couple that made their son become a girl.

Wtf is wrong with this society?

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls it's a sick sad messed up world coca cola.
>>
>>5160102
>It should be the parents who decide not them.
Unfortunately a parental negative on transition can totally fuck the person's life up. All because the mom and dad were against transition or didn't want the shame on the family.

>>5160114
>so if the parents are ok with it people can have sex with the child?
you better read the laws first. They even took the right to OK nude photos away. Stuff that my parent's OKed when I was young would get them thrown in jail now.

>what happens if the parents want a sex change for their child but the child doesn't?
Hopefully all doctors refuse.

>>5160114
>I'm not arguing for or against putting children under HRT,...
but you are making stupid arguments.
>>
>>5160114
>I'm not arguing for or against putting children under HRT, but the "Naturalism" argument is beyond stupid. Nature didn't enslave our ancestors by forcing them to hunt for food or starve.
Whether you go on HRT or not, hormones are going to drastically alter your body. Why should underage mtfs be allowed to have testosterone alter their body, but not estrogen? That's like saying you need to consent to have sex with men, but not with women.
>>
>>5160159

>you better read the laws first. They even took the right to OK nude photos away. Stuff that my parent's OKed when I was young would get them thrown in jail now.

I'm arguing purely from an ethical perspective. Not a legal one. As I said before, I don't think anyone here would say that transitioning is wrong purely based upon what country you hail from.
>>
>>5160114
>>5160158
>Just curious, what happens if the parents want a sex change for their child but the child doesn't?
That's a gray area, and that's why it should really be up to the doctor. It really doesn't matter what the parents or children want, all that matters is if they have genital dysphoria and the doctor considers a sex change the appropriate treatment. It's really irrelevant though since sex changes are virtually ever performed before adulthood.
>>
>>5160186
It's getting more and more common and thus becomes more relevant every day.
>>
>>5160207
What is? Underage sex changes?
>>
>>5160186
>It really doesn't matter what the parents or children want
Umm yes it does, in the end it's their decision not some doctors.
>>
>>5160159
Is that why you didn't transition until your 40's hon?
>>
>>5160221
So if some kid was hit by a car and bleeding to death, any the parents didn't want the doctors to save him, the doctors are supposed to just let the kid die?
>>
>>5160207
Honestly though children taking sex hormones and getting gender reassignment surgery at such a young age is never going to be a common thing. I know some trans people think it's gonna be common practice some day but letting children who can't make competent decisions change their sex is not ethical and most doctors will not do. According to studies most gender dysphoric children end up gay or bisexual after puberty anyway and stop feeling gender dysphoric.
>>
>>5160220
Yes. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

>>5160273
>According to studies most gender dysphoric children end up gay or bisexual after puberty anyway and stop feeling gender dysphoric.
[citation needed]
>>
>>5160233
That's not even remotely the same thing though....obviously if someone is bleeding out in front of them they are gonna save them but not step in and say "hey this child who can't make competent says they wanna be a girl so I'm over ruling your authority on your child to pump them full of hormones to save their life"

That's insane.
>>
>>5159865
>No boy that age wants to be seen teasing girls

Unless he was born female.
Either way self defense classes and exercise will do him good.

>The kids in his highschool are pretty LGBT friendly, actually. At least that was when I went there.

That's on the surface, you can never be too careful especially with highschool students.
This is why he should make the decision when he is older and continue going as boy but is allowed to take blockers if needed.
>>
>>5160299
Yeah I guess blockers are a good idea.
>>
>>5160233
Well when someone in a coma and possibly will never come out of it it's the parents or families choice to pull the plug or not even if the doctors wants to try and save them.
>>
>>5160285
>[citation needed]
It was already posted in this thread.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0890856708601422
>>
>>5160294
>that's insane
Most trans people's logic is insane.
>>
>>5160185
If you want to argue from an ethical perspective, I was ready at 15 to transition, and even went to docs to try to get it started. I was supporting myself trading stocks for family and relatives, living on my own, continuing my education in photography and art, and even saving up money. I knew I needed to transition, and recent events in my life told me unequivocally it as the right choice. Still I couldn't get any docs to provide me with hormones. They all said wait to 18. It was very frustrating.

>>5160230
At the end of HS I started RLE. I was finally prescribed estrogen a few months before I turned 20. Soon after I was bashed. After my wife died from her injuries, the doc at the hospital had me committed, and put into conversion therapy. The ECT they did fucked up my brain and caused major amounts of skill and memory loss. Lots has come back, but it's now three decades later, and there are still many holes in what I remember.

>>5160273
I expect the average age of transition will drop a lot as it becomes more and more well known the effects of transitioning young versus waiting, and diagnostic means improve. Every kid who transitioned early is having a nearly normal life now.
>>
>>5156017
Now

/thread

>>5158501
Go and be gender-kin on tumblr or something.
Everyone knows what gender they are, jesus christ, stop trying to make it seem you lie need to reach "enlightenment" before you know you're trans or not.
>>
>>5160273
The reason most doctors will not do so is because it's not their specialty. That doesn't mean they will advise patients against it, if they do their jobs properly they'll just explain that it's not their specialty and refer you to someone who handles gender issues. Also, I'm pretty sure that study uses a very low threshold for "gender variance", far broader than is generally used to diagnose gender dysphoria.

>>5160294
People are not given HRT just because they say they want to be a girl, they're given HRT because they are diagnosed with gender dysphoria, and wanting to be a girl is just one of the symptoms of that. Just saying you want to be a girl is not the same as having gender dysphoria.
>>
>>5160323
>end up gay or bisexual after puberty.
Umm, no. The study actually says that most of the kids who ARE bisexual or gay end up still questioning / confirmed trans.
>>
>>5160335
>put me into conversion therapy
Lmao yeah sure thing.

>my wife
>transbians
Oh I understand now, you lived most of your life a male like bruce jenner and don't really have gender dysphoria but like to make up excuses to why you didn't transition like bruce.
>>
>>5160340
>People are not given HRT just because they say they want to be a girl, they're given HRT because they are diagnosed with gender dysphoria
That's still not the same thing as anon example. No doctor has the right to put some parents child on hormones without their consent.
>>
>>5160323
They weren't able to follow up on a whopping 30% of the participants. I don't think you can really say anything definitive with such a large chunk missing.
>>
>>5160349
No it doesn't you idiot, learn to read jesus...

>Most children with gender dysphoria will not remain gender dysphoric after puberty
>most likely outcome of childhood GID is homosexuality or bisexuality
>>
>>5160378
There's actually a few studies on this and they all point to the same conclusion.
>>
>>5160399
I'll read them.
>>
>>5160388
>end up gay or bisexual after puberty anyway and stop feeling gender dysphoric.
That's not at all what it says, though. It says most of the children in the persistence group had GID, not that they weren't dysphoric anymore.
>>
>>5160338
>Everyone knows what gender they are, jesus christ, stop trying to make it seem you lie need to reach "enlightenment" before you know you're trans or not.
I don't know what gender I am.
>>
>>5160368
>That's still not the same thing as anon example. No doctor has the right to put some parents child on hormones without their consent.
No, but I'm saying they should have that right. If a child has asthma, or migraine headaches, should their parents be allowed to prevent them from getting the appropriate medical treatment? At the very least, the children of such parents should have a way of reporting their parents for child abuse. I don't know what else you'd call preventing children from receiving medical treatment
>>
>>5160338
>Go and be gender-kin on tumblr or something.

XDD Nice meme.

>Everyone knows what gender they are, jesus christ, stop trying to make it seem you lie need to reach "enlightenment" before you know you're trans or not.

Not everyone knows, some are unsure for life. Most children grow out of their dysphoria, leaving the minority who partially or fully transition.
Let's not forget this is a mental condition where people don't feel right in their own gender. The goal here is make the person feel comfortable in their gender and themselves.
Right now OP's brother is 14, 14-18+ years old are on facebook, tumblr, trying to find out their identities he's in highschool meaning if he suddenly comes out as a girl he's going to get lots of attention, that is the last thing he needs right now on top the dysphoria and the schoolwork.
>>
>>5156017
I wish I had the guts to tell someone when I was 14.
I wish somebody had supported me.
>>
>>5160486
>Let's not forget this is a mental condition
It is a body to brain mismatch. The brain is fine, and the body is fine, they are just of different gender and sex.
>>
This is why Im scared of having children, what if after all the health check ups I think hes fine but then he turns out to be mentally illed? Could I leave him to another family for adoption and try again?
>>
>>5156133
>At 14 you're too young and naïve to clearly make such a life altering decision like that
thank god i waited until i was mature and responsible enough to tell people what i REALLY wanted, instead of trying to communicate such a complicated and mature decision as "i want to be a girl" as a two year old
man that really would have messed my life up
>>
>>5156017
Tell him to fuck off and go study math like a 14 year old should
>>
File: 1154 - hTRyV42.jpg (82KB, 580x563px) Image search: [Google]
1154 - hTRyV42.jpg
82KB, 580x563px
>>5160863
>>
>>5160863
>not earning your phd in math while transitioning
Total pleb desu
>>
>>5156045
This is what every single medical professional recommends.
>>
>>5156409
Gyno is extremely reversible with surgery. In teens, it normally goes away on its own after a couple years as hormones shift and the chest expands. You have no earthly clue what you're talking about, which is par for the course for 4chan, but you're being an ignorant shitcunt about medical treatments which has pretty obvious problems.
>>
>>5156274
It's still a matter of responsability. A 14 boy can't purchase a house, work, marry or drive—well, in burgerland, maybe—for a good reason. This seriously makes no sense.
>>
>>5161722
14 year olds can receive plenty of other medical treatments, including major surgery. Why should this be any different?
>>
>>5161731
if it's health related, a 14 year old cant exactly get a boob job for cosmetic reasons
>>
>>5161740
Transition is health related, not cosmetic.
>>
>>5161748
it's an elective surgery in any case
>>
>>5161768
I'm not really talking about SRS. I'm talking about HRT which is basically the primary treatment for gender dysphoria.
>>
>>5161731
A 14 can't receive comfort surgical procedures. Their life isn't threaten by dysphoria and you could argue the need of surgery in this case. The whole thing revolves around the 14's actual desire to change sex and as I said, it's really, really weird it bothers nobody his consent is enough to do so. Even with a psychological aid, one couldn't adopt a child or marry. I can't figure out why it's sufficient here—and let's be honest, doctors really don't ask much.
>>
>>5161833
It's not a "comfort" surgical procedure - and as mentioned before, SRS is rarely given to underage people anyway. So that's not what I'm talking about here. I'm talking about HRT, which is really in the same category of other medications, like prescribing a drug to prevent migraine headaches. I was prescribed such a drug when I was like seven years old, and no one's saying there's any consent issues with that.
>>
>>5161849
This is called a comfort surgical procedure, just like abortion, it isn't medically required. Regarding HRT, it wasn't chiefly used in transition but in “real” hormonal dysfunction pathologies. The people who got them couldn't or had trouble to grow and develop secondary sexual characters. Its use in gender dysphoria is pretty recent and should clearly be discussed concerning the teenager's wish legitimacy.
>>
>>5161902
Again, doctors don't give someone HRT because they come in and say they want to be a girl. They have to be diagnosed with gender dysphoria, which is a real and legitimate condition, and one of the main treatments for it is HRT.
>>
>>5161722
A 14yo who is an emancipated minor can buy a house. Like anybody else the 14yo would have to convince the lender of its ability to repay the loan. Know your laws. I know this because I became an emancipated minor just before my 15th b-day. It gave me full rights to do any financial transaction. My signature was now legal for most legal documents like financial instruments, contracts, loans, rental agreements, court documents, etc.. Sadly, it didn't get me the right to buy booze. :( I needed the emancipated minor status, and was granted it, for the stock trading I did for my relatives.
>>
>>5161941
Even if they are diagnosed most doctors even today in 2015 won't prescribe cross sex hormones and blockers to children. That's why it's so hard for trans youth to transition because most doctors just don't feel comfortable doing that.
>>
>>5160486
>Most children grow out of their dysphoria, leaving the minority who partially or fully transition.
>Let's not forget this is a mental condition where people don't feel right in their own gender.
[citation needed]
Majority of those who have gender nonconforming behavior or thoughts grow out of it, by the age of 12.
This kid is 14, and at that age there are only a tiny tiny number of people who would still grow out of it.

>Not everyone knows, some are unsure for life.
That's called aspergers or BPD, and pretty easy to detect.
>>
File: fishing pole.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
fishing pole.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>5162824
>>
>>5163347
>by the age of 12.
Citation?
>>
>>5163347
>That's called aspergers or BPD, and pretty easy to detect.
What do you mean by that? Autism or some personality disorders would probably make it more difficult to identify one's own gender, but they certainly aren't the only reasons that would happen, nor would they necessarily cause that difficultly at all.
>>
>>5163719
the presence of aspergers or BPD are testable for to see if they are a confounding issue or not.
>>
I'll just leave this right here...
http://www.transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm

Someone interviewing the head honcho on the Swedish study idiots have been misrepresenting forever. I'm pretty sure the part about children "growing out of" gender dysphoria is in there. If not, it's still pretty relevant.
>>
>>5156017
Now now now, this is the last chance for beautiful perky teenage titties.
>>
File: 1431828983318.jpg (29KB, 480x416px) Image search: [Google]
1431828983318.jpg
29KB, 480x416px
Hormone blockers. Would not recommend actually hormones at 13. There is still a chance they could grow out of it and be a fag. Also, pic related. This is fucking 4chan. It's not a place to take life advice from.
>>
>>5156017
now
>>
>>5163347
>>5163347
What. I'm borderline, none of my docs are bothered by the fact that I'm Trans.
>>
>>5156017
Get him into therapy STAT! He has a mental illness. Faggots like you and your Father appeasing him will just do more harm than good!
>>
>>5156017
Hun that's dangerous. Nobody should take hormones until at least age 40 - you really can't be sure if it's the right thing until then.
>>
>>5156115
you should kill yourself>>5156133
>>5156133
you, you i like
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.