[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The process of getting legitimately prescribed hormones seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: btv.png (14KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
btv.png
14KB, 500x650px
The process of getting legitimately prescribed hormones seem strenuous as fuck. Do most people just get them through other means?
>>
If you go through an informed consent clinic it's not so bad, I got mine in three months, could have been two months if they hadn't screwed up. No RLE or gatekeeping whatsoever, they just asked me to explain how I felt and drew blood and wanted to talk with my therapist.
>>
>>5053554
Just be glad estrogen isn't a scheduled substance.
There are men with serious health effects from low test that are unable to get prescriptions because modern society would prefer to chop your balls off then let a man have normal T levels.
>>
>>5054173
Aww, it's the self-identifying beta male in the other thread that thinks it deserves free testosterone but can't be asked to go out and get it. Haven't you started transitioning yet? The thread was very clear on that being your best option.
>>
>>5054575
Just buy it fam it's like 30$ for 10ml of 250mg/ml test e smh tbh
>>
>>5054067
My prescription came through 14 days after my first visit to my informed consent clinic. They opted to skip the psych screening and go with blood test immediately since I was living full time and had my name legally changed already.
>>
>>5053554
I started self medding for a few months and then saw an endo and got a script.
No therapy was required, though I did have quite a bit before, so Maybe I was unknowingly prescribed with GID beforehand or something?
>>
>>5054173
>There are men with serious health effects from low test
Yeah, I agree, ftms have it bad sometimes
>>
>>5054575
Not sure what thread you're referring to. My test levels are actually fine but the scheduling of testosterone was mostly lobbying from sports organizations. It's a stupid law. They lobbied for it because they wanted to save money on drug testing and managerial costs related to dealing with doping.
There's not really any reason for it anymore since the drug market is flourishing these days so sports organizations have to dump money into drug testing regardless of the law.
>>
>>5054736
i was not so fortunate, when i showed up to the clinic i was too embarassed to even use a female name or female pronouns let alone even being part time
>>
File: 1405605012330.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1405605012330.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
I went through the whole official procedure in Canada. Went to my family doctor to get some additional info for therapists in the city, was officially diagnosed with GID, spoke with my therapist for about a year before I began in minimal perscriptions, and now I am at the 1Year/4.5Mmonth mark.

It is really recommended to go through the official process because getting the prescriptions unofficially can/potentially cause problems as you are required to check up with a doctor for regular blood work to make sure things are okay.

And if the doctor finds out you are being irresponsible with buying pills or w/e, they probably wouldn't help, or i'd imagine they wouldn't.
>>
>>5055030
>And if the doctor finds out you are being irresponsible with buying pills or w/e, they probably wouldn't help, or i'd imagine they wouldn't.
In Canada that's illegal for doctors to do. If they refuse bloodwork I'd suggest suing. It's a guaranteed win so you really have nothing to lose.
Doctors here aren't allowed to refuse services like that.

There have been doctors that have lost their medical licenses for refusing blood and liver work for alcoholics and drug users. It's not the doctors job to be your moral authority, it's their job to keep you healthy.
>>
>>5053554
Are there any ways a lazy woman who gets mistaken as a guy too often can look more feminine? I force myself to wear a choker so people can discern the fact I am a girl. My hair is growing out too so that's helpful. I don't want to go to doctors because then they'll be "You're already a girl. You don't need this" kinda thing. Diet??
>>
>>5055037
>It's not the doctors job to be your moral authority, it's their job to keep you healthy.

I suppose you had a point, I was not really talking about doctor's in Canada specifically, I probably should of specified that. I more in line meant by if you need a litter of recommendation or something (Like I did) for the SRS, I would assume there could be some complications depending on country.

Though still, It is definitely recommended to do the standardized procedure. It doesn't take long by average (despite my situation taking longer).
>>
>>5055044
Don't be lazy. You have to maintain feminine features, like eyebrows for example or hair/hairstyles. You have to put in some effort. If you post a pic it would be easier to pick things you can work on improving so you're not mis-gendered.
>>
>>5055048
Yeah but there is no harm in self-medding here. If you're worried about what your therapist thinks get your family doctor to write you up for the lab forms. I think it might be a pain to pursue legal action but I doubt any doctor would refuse anyway.
>>
>>5055059
>no harm in Self-Medding
If you start slow, and build up to higher dosages, yeah. But if you rush to high/maximum dosages, there can be problems.
>>
>>5055070
I meant more in terms of your process on the way to official treatment. Like if you're worried about what your therapist thinks of self-medding then you don't actually have to tell them since any doctor in Canada can assist you with bloodwork. They might not know about trans stuff though so that's up to you.
>>
File: flclgtr.gif (144KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
flclgtr.gif
144KB, 500x300px
>>5053554
Well, I can tell you that when I wanted to start hrt, I just started ordering hrt illegally for the first month or two, scheduled a doctor's appointment for a basic checkup, went in and was like "Hey, I'm taking hrt meds self medicated. I would like to do this the right way. Would you give me a script? Otherwise I will just continue to order hormones from overseas and move on with my life."

And she was just like "Oh. Um... let me grab some forms..."

Ten minutes later, she came back with informed consent forms, and I've had a script/blood checks ever since.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.