[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any difference between a transexual and an otherkin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_n45npkMWrW1rfwfq9o1_400.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n45npkMWrW1rfwfq9o1_400.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
Is there any difference between a transexual and an otherkin? If one can be born the wrong gender they can be be born the wrong species.
>>
One wants to live and be seen as the opposite gender, the other thinks it should be off starving to death or getting mauled in the wild.

Or worse. They claim to be dragons or fictional characters.
>>
>furries cannot drum up legitimacy or sympathy for their movement
>decide to piggy back off of Trans movement

Okay... See why this is stupid?
>how can you guys have a needle exchange and not a dispensary?? Weed is a drug too!
>>
>>4280182
they're pretty much the same thing
>>
>>4280182
Intersex exists. Human animal hybrids do not.
>>
>>4280211
Well I mean judging from the way that animals do seem to innately relate to other animals of the same species in the wild. It does seem that there is some form of species identity. And I suppose that could get fucked up.

Granted it wouldn't be as simply as a slight hormonal imbalance at the proper time. It wouldn't likely be something that was at all common. If there were like 10 otherkin that existed in the world I might believe they had some mental problem. With the high numbers we see it's most certainly just silly people.
>>
>>4280225
>It does seem that there is some form of species identity.
which is why they think they're dragons. top kek. that broscience
>>
>>4280225
I have met people that claim to be fictional characters,such as vegeta, as well as claiming to be computer glitches.
I believe this is caused by parents telling their children that they are special and important.
>>
>>4280240
it's like that kid in secondary school everyone knew. The really stupid one with annoying helicopter parents that wouldn't shut the fuck up about his playstation, his badly drawn anime art, the newest shitty band he was listening to.

It's a combo of narcissism and stupidity
>>
When you work in a mental institute and encounter some of the more, shall we say eccentric crazies, who in all honesty and with all their being believe they are Augustus Caesar or an alien or have rather bad multiple personality disorder. You tend to not give much credence to people claiming to be the opposite gender. Just because invasive surgery can bring your delusions closer to reality does not make them less of a delusion. The lunatic who believes he's Napoleon Bonaparte can have plastic surgery to make his face look exactly like Napoleon's but that doesn't make him Napoleon.
>>
>>4280240
I think they were bullied in school.

Here's a good one for you guys.
http://schizophreniccipher.tumblr.com/kin
She belives she is Bill Cipher, and even drew some things telling people why they should draw 'human' Bill as her. Reasons include
>she's 'cute'
>she is schizophrenic
>she's not white
>>
>>4280272
If the body can develop both sets of reproductive organs, then it is reasonable to believe a body can develop different sex than the brain.
>>
>>4280278
Im schizophrenic. My bet is she is just stupid and wants attention.
>>
File: specialsnowflake.png (353KB, 566x651px) Image search: [Google]
specialsnowflake.png
353KB, 566x651px
>>4280278
>>
>>4280296
So she thinks she is a cartoon character.
>>
>>4280278
>http://schizophreniccipher.tumblr.com/kin

Who else thinks people like this should be put down? They're only existing to suffer
>>
>>4280225
but the thing is they don't actually think they're another species
they know, deep down, that they're not a wolf. they pretend to be a wolf and do stuff like howl at the moon and say rawr, but they are pretending to have "species dysphoria" and saying that they're not pretending
there are examples of legitimate species dysphoria, such as clinical lycanthropy which is when someone goes psychotic and actually thinks they're a wolf (or other animal), it's generally thought to be a cultural manifestation of schizophrenia
it's imminently clear from interacting with actual psychotic people and tumblr style "otherkin" that the latter do not actually feel that they are animals. depending on the level they take it to they might be bored teenagers or individuals with other serious psychiatric disorders that are causing them to act out in increasingly bizarre ways in order to get attention, but they don't actually think they're the animal, they just pretend to
very different to gender identity disorder, which does seem to be real based on most of the stuff i've seen, although i'm sure some people do transition as a form of self harm/attention seeking/other reasons. i know borderline personality disorder can lead to gender dysphoria and if the bpd is managed successfully they often detransition
>>
>>4280182
>>4280196
Stop posting shitty bait.
>>
>>4280318
I'm not even sure if the majority of tumblr otherkin claim being another species. I've heard people claim it's a spiritual thing, more like a totem animal than anything (their soul is partially wolf or something). It's still retarded, but not really more than astrology, belief in homeopathy or any other religion.
>>
>>4280318
>there are examples of legitimate species dysphoria, such as clinical lycanthropy
that's pseudoscience and you know it
>>
ITT: armchair psychiatrists and /pol/tards that can't tell the difference between schizophrenia and gender dysphoria
>>
>>4280182
Otherkin are fucking retarded attention whores that spawned from that cesspool called Tumblr
>>
>>4280193
works for non binary. they have as much legitimacy as furries but we still accept them into the lgbt community and on this board
>>
>>4280460
Except that non-binary genders exist in cultures all around the world. Its only recently that people like to pretend they don't exist.
>>
>>4280460
A nonbinary person can easily be diagnosed with gender dysphoria under the current DSM criteria. If they do have gender dysphoria, and aren't just tumblrinas, how are they less legitimate than other trans people?
>>
In all this thread the only trannies can say they are better than otherkin is that the technology to change to grow boobs exists but the technology to grow fox features doesn't.
>>
>>4280182
All humans can be born male or female through various disorders, mutations, or random events. All humans are initially genderless, and become male or female in the womb.

Zero humans are initially another species. Zero humans can be born as a different species.
>>
>>4280725
But there are people who get horn implants and things like that.
I'm not on their side, I'm just saying.
>>
>>4280725
see
>>4280749

Also, what few studies we have right now suggest trans people have a neurological issue in the brain, causing a mismatch between what format the brain expects the body to have and what it actually has.
There's no way for your brain to legitimately expect your body to be fox-shaped.
>>
>>4280541
so have mythological creatures like dragons
>>4280562
[citation needed]
science only please
>>
>>4280791
Gender Dysphoria in Adolescents and Adults 302.85 (F64.1 )
A. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender, of at least 6 months’ duration, as manifested by at least two of the following:
1. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics (or in young adolescents, the anticipated secondary sex characteristics).
2. A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics because of a marked incongruence with one’s experienced/expressed gender (or in young adolescents, a desire to prevent the development of the anticipated secondary sex characteristics).
3. A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender.
4. A strong desire to be of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).
5. A strong desire to be treated as the other gender (or some alternative gender dif ferent from one’s assigned gender).
6. A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).

you only need two and non-binary people can still meet 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6.
>>
>>4280317
One of its videos. I kekd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkDEEmbYa2Q
>>
>>4280805
All of those so things are just "my feels"
This isn't science.

You could write the same thing about other kin "a strong desire to be rid of one or more human-exclusive traits"
"a strong desire to be treated as another animal"
>>
>>4280833
But that's how most, if not all, mental illnesses get diagnosed, you dumb fuck. You go a professional, you tell them your symptoms, they figure out what's wrong.

A trans person is a person with gender dysphoria and meeting those criteria is how it is diagnosed.
>>
>>4280278
>less stronger
>>
If there isn't an observable chemical or physical component to it than it's quackery. Science is not "my feels"

This is why psychology isn't always a real science. You can invent or change "conditions" purely by consensus. You could make fucking otherkin a legitimate condition.
>>
>>4280870
I don't have the time to debate whether psychology counts as a science or not with you. You win. Congrats.
>>
>>4280812
fuck you for tempting me to watch this.
>>
>>4280870
trans ppl will tell you there is neurological evidence. They say hormones during fetal stages and site medical articles about autopsies. ...but this is also used for homosexuals as well. Not sure if they have discovered the differences when one is trans vs when one is homosexed.
>>
>>4280919
See stuff like this good.
If you people started pushing that instead of the insane "Gender is a social construct" meme you would be taken more seriously.

I suspect that they reason they don't is because (assuming transexualism is a legit condition backed by chemistry and hormones) a lot of people are not bona fide transsexuals and are just doing it because they are horny, desperate, or hate themself. See Christan Weston Chandler.
>>
>>4280970
>feminism ruins everything.jpg
>>
>>4280182
Men and woman are over 95% the same in terms of things like brain structure and mostly the same otherwise. So a human man can perceive the world and think the same as a woman and vice versa. But, a human cannot relate to another species in that same way.
>>
>>4280182

Since female and male humans are pretty similar during the development of the fetus, there can be glitches that give you e.g. a male body but a female brain/neurology, and since a person's brain/neurology is basically the material ground of their personality as a conscious being, this means that they literally end up being a woman living in a male body.

I've also read a crazy theory about the brain possibly getting a glitch where it thinks it has a tail, because we descend from monkeys who had tails and part of that genetic make-up might have remained in human genes, but that's as far as you can stretch this theory.

The same thing can obviously not happen with a deer or mythical creature. Otherkin were originally a joke anyway, and mostly still are if I'm not mistaken; I can imagine there being 12-14 year-old people on the Internet who are going through such a silly phase that they think they're something magical like that, but that's all there is to it.

Abusing so-called "otherkin" people to ridicule actual transsexuals is a typical idiotic bully method.

>>4280188
>>4280193
>>4280236
>>4280240
>>4280243
(and everyone else really)

Do you have solid proof of an actual, real person, older than 18 (or even 16) years, who legitimately believes himself to be some sort of "otherkin"? Discounting people with genuine cases of schizophrenia or schizotypal personality disorder.

Schizotypal might actually explain some extreme rare cases of an adult genuinely believing something like that, if I read Wikipedia right:
>odd behavior and thinking, and often unconventional beliefs
>Peculiar speech mannerisms and odd modes of dress
>frequently misinterpret situations as being strange or having unusual meaning for them; paranormal and superstitious beliefs are not uncommon
>>
>>4281276
Transexuals are wonderful for countering feminism.

The entire point of feminism is a scheme to acquire power and shame men.

Once you introduce the idea that "men can be women too" the whole thing tumbles down
>>
>>4281345
>Otherkin were originally a joke anyway

Elaboration: it was a joke started on Usenet where some people claimed to be Elfs or such, from Tolkien mythology.

TL;DR: there are literally no "otherkin" unless you count chuunibyou ("middle schooler syndrome") and some rare obscure mental disorders.
>>
>>4281348
>The entire point of feminism is a scheme to acquire power and shame men.

Holy fuck you're retarded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminist_views_on_transgenderism_and_transsexualism

>In Woman Hating: A Radical Look at Sexuality, published in 1974, radical feminist writer and activist Andrea Dworkin called for the support of transsexuals, whom she viewed as "in a state of primary emergency" due to "the culture of male–female discreteness." Dworkin asserted that "every transsexual has the right to survival on his/her own terms. That means every transsexual is entitled to a sex-change operation, and it should be provided by the community as one of its functions." She further opined that the phenomenon of transsexuality might disappear in a free society, giving way to entirely new identities.[25]
>>
>We are, clearly, a multi-sexed species which has its sexuality spread along a vast fluid continuum where the elements called male and female are not discrete.
-- Andrea Dworkin, "Woman Hating"

And also:
>I have spent 20 years writing these books. Had I wanted to say men are beasts and scream, that takes 30 seconds.

Now shut your face.
>>
>>4281367
Andrea Dworkin is not monarch of feminists The reality is that transsexuals and feminists are constantly at odds. Affirmative action doesn't sound as good once it's a man in a dressing getting it all. Lots of feminists also don't like the idea that transexuals might be even less "privileged" than women. The whole strategy of feminism is to whine "woah is me! Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!"

And yes feminism really is just about acquiring power and nothing more. The only catch is that you call your power "equality" or "reparations" or "banning things that are hateful" so you can fool stupid people into not realizing you are just trying to fuck them in the ass.

Also if you are a feminist you are mentally ill and mentally retarded.
>>
>>4281452
All of my friends are feminists and they are completely fine with me and see/treat me liek any other cis woman. Feminism just means equality for all quite literally absolute acceptance of humanity basically. It's just a fancy way of saying you are a social libertarian.
>>
>>4281452
>The reality is that transsexuals and feminists are constantly at odds.
This doesn't represent my many experiences of encountering irl feminists, but then they're all sorta college aged. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of older feminists were still transphobic, but if we say sjw stuff is like fourth wave feminism, then intersectionality is a bit part of it.
>>
>>4280182
I dunno, maybe the fact that science says you can't have fucked genes that make your endo and neuro part dragon for one.

Why not use your brilliant mind to just read what the medical consensus is?
>>
>>4281367
Too bad Dworkin spent her whole life promoting ex-gays, married an ex-gay and pushed gay obscenity laws that would make Putin proud.

Even when they sound moderate on one bit, they'll always find another reason to march lgbt to the ovens.
>>
>>4281467
"equality for all" eventually breaks down. It eventually turns into the game of "who is the most oppressed?"

The whole idea of equality is founded on lies. Races are not equal. Races are genes and genes are not equal. Genders are also not equal because genders are also genes. Some genes are just fucking better than others. Cultures arn't equal either (you wouldn't say ISIS culture is equal to our culture would you?).

This is why liberalism always fails in the real world (see affirmative action) because your entire ideology is based on lies.
>>
>>4281604
>Some genes are just fucking better than others.
i never understood how the same people who hate the religious right for denying science and pushing creationism refuse to realize this
>>
>>4281604
If we followed those rules then we wouldn't have a society anon. The reason why we set up government and countries is so we can live in a civilized fair society.
>>
>>4281604
>Races are not equal. Races are genes and genes are not equal.

Yeah ok fuck off with this pseudoscience here, mate.

"Race" as a biological category does not even exist and anthropological studies have found that there's greater genetic diversity between people within so-called "races" than there is between these "races" themselves.
>>
>>4281761
There are no tigers, there are no panthers, there are only cats right?

While it is strictly true that races do no exist the Liberal insists on this because he uses it to silence people that dare question the holy equality.

No matter how you want to categorize genes, genes are not fucking equal.

>>4281669
Society ultimately does not work on the principles of equality (because society exists in reality and there is no equality in reality). The better races, genders, and indivuals will rise to the top and take the positions of power while the lesser ones will be at the bottom. No amount of affirmative action can change this.

>>4281661
That is because the Christian and Jewish religion has rule the world for so long that everyone beleives their philosophy even if they don't follow their religion. Marxism, Liberals, and the idiots who believe in "equality" are basically off-shoots of Christianity.

Inequality of all life-forms is the truth of the world. It was this was before mankind existed. The doctrine stays around because people who realize that they are inferior hate to be called out on it so they want to live a lie. To go with that they created the myth that "strong hate the weak" which is why they yell racist, sexist, or transphobic. I'm sure someone will call me a Nazi or think that I hate women or some crap for pointing this out.
>>
>>4281907
>There are no tigers, there are no panthers, there are only cats right?

Are you implying that different ethnicities are actually different species? Cause if you've somehow made a discovery that large you'd win a fucking nobel prize for biology, man.

Biologists and anthropologists agree that there is no biological difference between ethnicities significant enough to warrant taxonomical classification into different so-called "races".

>While it is strictly true that races do no exist the Liberal insists on this because he uses it to silence people that dare question the holy equality

I'm insisting on this because you're trying to use pseudoscience to suit the needs of your political agenda when the actual scientists disagree with you.

>No matter how you want to categorize genes, genes are not fucking equal.

And as I've already said genes have nothing to do with "race" because different "races" literally do not exist. "Black" and "white" are not "races" anymore than "red hair" and "blonde" are.
>>
>>4281907
>>4281932
all i see is [citation needed]
no evidence therefor both of you are retards
>transwolf reporting in btw
woof.
>>
>>4281932
Race is used, in among other things, medical science. It matters enough so that they will screen you for different diseases based on whether you are black or white. Atheletic coaches also know that certain races are better for certain physical activities.

The entire reason you don't want races to exist is because the idea that one race could be smarter makes you uncomfortable. You would have no problem saying that blacks are better at sports but if you say that whites are better at thinking than suddenly this hurts you.

You also probably wronging assume that if I think races are unequal I must hate one.

I do not subscribe to the religion of equality. I know I'm probably committing a sin by typing this.
>>
>>4281907
But as a society it is in our best interest to give everyone a good quality of life that is the whole fucking point. Since you say genes should determine whose at the top you sound like one of those idiotic anarchists that wants to tear down society and make it survival of the fittest.

In other words no point in helping people born with diisabilities then cause thier genes r bad so they dont deserve to live. This is ur logic.
>>
>>4282004
>no point in helping people born with diisabilities then cause thier genes r bad so they dont deserve to live
is that something horrible though?
they would only be a weight on society
society has to pay for them, for about 80 years until they die, having achieved nothing in their useless lives, only having costed money...
>>
>>4281977
>"In the United States both scholars and the general public have been conditioned to viewing human races as natural and separate divisions within the human species based on visible physical differences. With the vast expansion of scientific knowledge in this century, however, it has become clear that human populations are not unambiguous, clearly demarcated, biologically distinct groups. Evidence from the analysis of genetics (e.g., DNA) indicates that most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes. This means that there is greater variation within "racial" groups than between them. In neighboring populations there is much overlapping of genes and their phenotypic (physical) expressions. Throughout history whenever different groups have come into contact, they have interbred. The continued sharing of genetic materials has maintained all of humankind as a single species."
>"With the vast expansion of scientific knowledge in this century, ... it has become clear that human populations are not unambiguous, clearly demarcated, biologically distinct groups. [...] Given what we know about the capacity of normal humans to achieve and function within any culture, we conclude that present-day inequalities between so-called "racial" groups are not consequences of their biological inheritance but products of historical and contemporary social, economic, educational, and political circumstances."

http://www.aaanet.org/stmts/racepp.htm

you can do your own research beyond this
>>
>>4282020
ur so fucking dense. There are plenty of people born with disabilities that contribute and advance society.
>>
>>4281981
>Race is used, in among other things, medical science. It matters enough so that they will screen you for different diseases based on whether you are black or white.

This doesn't mean that "race" exists or has any biological basis, just that different ethnicities have different cultures and poverty levels that influence health.

>The entire reason you don't want races to exist is because the idea that one race could be smarter makes you uncomfortable.

I'm against the idea because it has no biological basis and is used solely as an excuse to continue historical oppression.

>You would have no problem saying that blacks are better at sports

Yes I would.

>You also probably wronging assume that if I think races are unequal I must hate one.

That's not necessary to believe in that "race" exists but your posts imply it since you're arguing that non-white people are intellectually inferior.

>I do not subscribe to the religion of equality.

Science? Let me know how that works out for you, Billy Bob.
>>
>>4282024
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Transracial_Adoption_Study
I found this
and what you gave me is nothing but a statement which in the beginning says
>It does not reflect a consensus of all members of the AAA, as individuals vary in their approaches to the study of "race."
this isn't a reliable source...there are no facts or studies being shown here
it's just a statement from some people
i can do that, you can do that, everyone can do that
what is it that makes them so much more trustworthy? their degree? are you arguing that they're right just because they have a degree in some study? that's not a correct arguement, "i'm right because i have studied for this"
please come with valid sources
>>
>>4282042
>You would have no problem saying that blacks are better at sports

>Yes I would.

You haven't even figured out that black people are better at fucking sprinting than whites. I bet you also think black people can swim as equally well as any other race.

You can't even understand muscles so there is no fucking way you can understand something like intelligence differences or how history works.

>continue historical oppression.
LOL. Kid here's something to think about. How did the blacks come to be oppressed in the first place. Why wasn't it the blacks who enslaved the white man, who colonized their country, and who's culture became the norm. Why didn't they go conquer europe with their wooden spears and lack of written language? They couldn't. They would have gotten slaughtered by a society that was far superior to theirs.

Also why did the whites enslave the blacks instead of say the Japanese? (answer: the japanese were more intelligent and organized)

In order to be oppressed in the first place you have to already be weak and stupid.

>inb4 you shout racism at the top of your lungs or insist that I hate black for some reason.
>>
>>4282020
>tfw I am physically disabled
>tfw knowing some cultures would've thrown me off a cliff to die as a child
>tfw I'll probably contributing more to society than you
>>
>>4282139
we'll see about that last one
you go ahead and throw yourself off a cliff...if you're even capable of reaching the top
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.