[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one in2 competetive shooting from the very ground up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1505440574441.jpg (115KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
1505440574441.jpg
115KB, 960x640px
How does one in2 competetive shooting from the very ground up? like first time firing a gun to USPSA shit
>>
spend money on ammo, not more guns
lurk on brianenos forum
watch videos of shooting drills (actual ones for competition)
perform said shooting drills
shoot tens of thousands of rounds per year
>>
File: Dots.jpg (299KB, 1350x1532px) Image search: [Google]
Dots.jpg
299KB, 1350x1532px
>>35197982
>spend money on ammo, not more guns
This.
>Get one good gun and spend the rest of your money on ammo
>shoot at least once a week.

Pic related will be your best friend.
>>
File: Correction Chart.jpg (283KB, 1224x1584px) Image search: [Google]
Correction Chart.jpg
283KB, 1224x1584px
If you fuck up at >>35198819 then switch to pic related until you can hit your dot and continue.Once you can do this and do it reasonably quickly simply go to a match. Make it clear that you are knew and they will make sure you are safe and help you through your first match. As long as you are safe you can compete in local matches and practice makes perfect.
>>
File: IDPA.jpg (87KB, 426x518px) Image search: [Google]
IDPA.jpg
87KB, 426x518px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjIr_5BfkO0

I want to get into IDPA. It looks fucking awesome.
>>
>>35198892
In my opinion, USPSA generally draws a more 'fun' crowd than IDPA. The IDPA guys are kind of miserable to be around (bitching about politics 24/7) and give the 3gun/uspsa guys shit for making it into a game. I don't drive an hour each way, spend $20, and a day of my weekend to sit around to a bunch of old fat fucks jumping at the chance to bitch to someone other than their wife.
>>
As long as you have a reliable gun, and a holster you are comfortable with. Buy nothing but ammo. If you are babby new at handguns go take defence classes, it's rounds downrange in a constructed environment. Then shoot 500 rounds every two weeks and never think that you are good. Go to a match, tell them you are new, and listen and learn, and don't forget, you don't know shit.
>>
>>35199164
Also gear never fixes anything.
>>
OP here, forgot I made this thread and walked away

>>35197982
>tens of thousands of rounds a year
don't think I can swing that but I'll try everything else

>>35198819
>>35198868
these look awesome, thanks

>>35198892
>>35198969
I guess I should decide specifically what kind of competitions to get into

>>35199164
also I should mention I just got my first pistol a little over 2 weeks ago, a CZ75B Omega
>>
>>35198892
maximum LARP
>>
Just show up to one. You don't even have to shoot the first time. Talk to shooters, lean stuff, then if people are nice, they might let you shoot their stuff too. In my experience, other competitors are very knowledgeable and can help you with technique. Most people will be excited to help you so long as you're not autistic.
>>
>buy gun
>buy holster
>buy two mag pouches
>hit up google for local matches
>attend

This is not hard.
t. Shooting IDPA since I was 13
>>
>>35199368
>I guess I should decide specifically what kind of competitions to get into
Just show up to whatever you can. I go to IDPA to shoot for real and local "2gun" to fuck around with meme guns and other shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.