[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Target 22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ddb.jpg (58KB, 617x880px) Image search: [Google]
ddb.jpg
58KB, 617x880px
My 11 year old son's shooting competitively with the local 4-H chapter again this year. .22lr with iron sights at short range. He shot last year with a Browning semi-automatic that's a hell of a rabbit gun, but isn't really set up for target shooting. He did well, and was a member of the first three-shooter team from our county to ever medal at the district competition, but he's finally realized he needs a target rifle rather than a hunting rifle. I'm looking for opinions on which rifles to look at. He'll be prone with support this year, 3 position with no support after that. I'd prefer a bolt action. Budget is $600 because his mom and I are both teachers. I'm thinking Savage, but I'm definitely open to suggestion. Pic unrelated.

> enlighten me
>>
Get him an Anizo. They have a pretty good range.
>>
>>35196791
CZ 455 or Browning T-Bolt
>>
>>35196826
>Anzio

Went and googled it. That might be a bit much for the indoor law enforcement range where the district shoots are held.
>>
>>35196826
Fuck, *Anizo
>>
>>35196847
I'm really liking that T-bolt. Thanks.
>>
>>35196847
Then I saw the CZ with a factory Mannlicher stock. Lawdy, it's purty!
>>
>>35196791
How tall is he?

I really like the Savage Rascal for a very small single shot, but he might need a bigger rifle.
>>
>>35197008
The Ultra Lux is the way to go in my opinion. Gives you the longest sight radius and you really cannot go wrong with a 455. In my experience, they're the best .22 out of the box aside from anzio and I think they put the T-bolt to shame. The trigger, finish and barrel quality is stellar. Easily a half inch gun at 75 yards and you're paying under $400 in most markets.
>>
Crickett Precision
>>
>>35197374
oh shit no iron sights nevermind OP
>>
I have a CZ 455 Lux and I love it.
I shot 9 different boxes of .22lr and made 9 seperate groupings to see what my rifle liked best and got really tight groupings with a couple of them.

I love the action on it.

Get a 25 round mag for fun.
>>
File: IMG_5126.jpg (64KB, 640x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5126.jpg
64KB, 640x386px
>>
>>35197276
Just under 5 feet tall. Shoots a 52" recurve in competition, not that it gives you much useful info regarding length of pull. He's got a Mossberg 702 and the LOP is fine. My old JC Higgins (read as "Marlin from the Sears catalog made before they put serial numbers on them") is just a little too long, but he's got two years to grow before he shoots anything other than prone at competition.
>>
>>35197340
>>35197451
After much searching of boards I don't frequent, I can't find anybody who seems to know a damn thing about guns that dislikes the CZ. I was thinking about going with the varmint version, but the ultra lux is pretty interesting with that long barrel. A good aftermarket aperture sight set ought to turn one of those into a better shot than he'll be until he can buy his own damn guns.

>>35197474
That's an awfully short barrel for irons.
>>
>>35197844
I know a guy who regretted his varmit purchase because of no irons,and the standard cz sights are really nice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.