[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best astigmatism friendly red dot at the moment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ps_spitfire_1x_cap-up_fr-t.jpg (37KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
ps_spitfire_1x_cap-up_fr-t.jpg
37KB, 800x467px
Are there options other than the vortex spitfire for people that want to see a clear 1x dot/reticle and have astigmatism?
(and don't want to deal with the eye-box of a 1 to X variable scope)
>>
>>35195714
Simple solution would to be not born broken, pal.
>>
>>35195714
Get some fuckin glasses you nincompoop
>>
>>35195714
spend the money on a magnified optic or lasik instead
>>
>>35195714
The Spitfire is good, I have one and like it a lot. The primary arms 3x prism w/ ASCSS is also excellent.

>>35196943
Don't do this, lasik ruins your night vision and causes halo/starbursts, plus google "traumatic flap detachment"

There's also EOKEKs, I hear the latest models are great and have fixed most of the issues they used to have
>>
>>35196963
>lasik ruins your night vision and causes halo/starbursts, plus google "traumatic flap detachment
Isn't there more advanced methods now that don't have those problems?
>>
>>35196978
There's another method (forget what it's called) that no longer slits open the cornea to create a flap, but still has the associated night vision, starburst, and halo problems.

Not sure what long-term prospects look like with that method, though.
>>
>have aim pro
>dot is a Star burst unless looked through an aperture sight
My eyes are just shitty, right? Does an Eotech not have these issues with a hologram projection?
>>
>>35195714
Prism optics, even those at 1x still have a defined eyebox. That is why the Spitfire has an adjustable occular ring.

If headposition is a concern stick with a standard collimated red dot or holographic and just flip up your rear sight when you need clearer dot definition. The apeture will reduce incoming light from the dot and reduce or eliminate the bloom depending on how bad your astigmatism is.
>>
File: 1505251354925.jpg (129KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
1505251354925.jpg
129KB, 736x981px
Does anyone know of the old Eotech 512's fuck with you if you have astigmatism? I can get my hands on one from a buddy for 250 but I don't want to look through it and it be shit
>>
>>35197083
It's to focus the reticle retard
>>
>>35196978
There are several methods. LASIK, PRK, and LASEK are the most popular.
>>
>>35197137
Exactly. Or do you not understand how focusing works?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.