[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

Can our military veterans of /k/ share some stories with us? Preferably Iraq and Afghanistan veterans.

> non-U.S veterans can share their story as well.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LTHVluk9ueo
>>
>>35192927
What do you want to know? I've been shot at. Mortared at. Had an RPG launched at me. Returned fire. Witness war crimes. Try to detanate a fire extinguisher by throwing it in the fire pit. seen men cut to pieces. Saw children die as their parents asked me to help. Even broke up what we call a rape room, where those scum rape women. Then there's the two guys I've shot in combat.

So I've given you some options. What do you want to know?
>>
File: Give me the facts.jpg (7KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
Give me the facts.jpg
7KB, 207x253px
>>35192975
OwO warcrimes plz!
>not same anon
>>
>>35192975

I want to know it all. Also, who committed the war crimes? To be honest, I think war crimes is fucking stupid. War is war. This liberal pussy bullshit that has applied "rules" to war is some massive faggotry that no one even listens to. Including the United States.
>>
>>35192988
>>35192992
I've told the war crime a couple times and call of duty kids think I'm lying.

We caught a kid, 17-18. He was digging to plant IEDs. This was in Helmand Province, 2010. We recently just lost a guy, I won't say his name here, Lcpl anon. So my team wanted to kill him. I wanted to turn him over to the ANF.

My SAW Gunner said he'd do it instead. I said sure, I mean fuck it who cares. Son of a bitch was planting IEDs. So I go and smoke a cigarette. After a while no gunshots. So I go over there, find out he stabbed him to death.

I asked him why? He said "I wanted him to suffer". Told him that's fucking stupid. We buried him in the desert with an Etool. They don't die the way movies show it. His eyes were wide open. To this day I feel guilty about it, but I'm not some buddy fucker who would report it either.
>>
File: 1de.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1de.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>35193030

Fucking more of this.
>>
Sat in the barracks playing weebshit a lot. Killed a woman and felt absolutely nothing. Friend got discharged for raping a local girl. It was mostly boring. My family sent me stuff to help pass the time though.
>>
>>35192992
Are you actually correlating the use of laws in warfare to liberalization? Laws of war exist to try and keep the brutality and suffering armed conflict causes as minimal as possible. The US, along with all other civilized military bearing nations in the world, abide to some code of conduct during warfare. To say that using laws of war is faggotry is edgy and fucking stupid.
>>
File: L10577928.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
L10577928.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>35193030

>So I go over there, find out he stabbed him to death.

Out of curiosity, what kind of knife did he have?
>>
File: 43563252.jpg (54KB, 468x624px) Image search: [Google]
43563252.jpg
54KB, 468x624px
>>35192992

> I think war crimes is fucking stupid

Apparently people who have actually been to war beg to differ.

Nevertheless, this "war is war" shit is the usual stuff you hear when talking to edgy 20-year-old idiots.
>>
>>35193030

You mean some fucking shitskin terrorist planting a bomb? Lol. I thought you were taking about US committing war crimes. But yeah, it's normal for the weaker nations to commit massive amou re of war crimes. That's why we fucking kill them.
>>
>>35193109
Edgy twenty year old idiots.... Sounds my time in the infantry.

>>35192927

I was a good boy, I didn't do nothing.
>>
>>35193110
That is a warcrime, you dumbass. Just because we approve of it doesnt make it legitimate.
>>
>>35193030
Two questions for you:

1.) Are non-uniformed non-state actors like the terrorist in your example protected by the international laws of war, or by the rules of engagement set by the United States military, or by no such compact?

2.) Were you not concerned about the potential consequences of the fact that your unit premeditated the extralegal execution of this guy? It's not that I feel any sympathy for some bomb-planting guerrilla who wants nothing more than to see me pushing up daisies, but I would fundamentally be opposed to allowing it to take place because it guarantees a jail sentence + dishonorable discharge if discovered. All that it would take for this to happen is for one of the people in the know to be a weakling who ends up getting drunk around the wrong people or who winds up seeing a therapist because he has a guilty conscience.
>>
>>35193164
1. ROEs and the UCMJ.

2. Why do you think I feel guilt? Of course I and others, my Saw Gunner in particular.

But have you ever been in a Infantry unit? He fucked up, I covered for him. That's what brothers do.
>>
File: 1504738115617.jpg (139KB, 1024x942px) Image search: [Google]
1504738115617.jpg
139KB, 1024x942px
>>35193030
Mind if I inquire what ANF means? I've yet to hear this acronym.
You shouldn't feel guilty. Your hands are essentially clean.

I'd be more worried about the SAW Gunner. Intentionally making a kid suffer before he dies is deeply concerning to put it lightly.
>>
>>35193227
ANF is Afghan National Army/Police. They're infamous for being corrupt and incompetent.
>>
>>35193227
Afghanistan trashcan security forces. ANF is what we called them.
>>
>>35193243
>>35193246
Thanks!
>>
>>35192992
Ritualized warfare is the most conservative thing you could imagine. The left is what brought us the absolute hate fuelled atrocities of ideological and identity warfare.
It's like duelling culture vs street gang fights. Which one is more conservative? Which one is more adapted to civilization?
You're a massive faggot who shouldn't have opinions.
>>
>>35192975
Tell us about the rape room please
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.