[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your favorite civvie weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Thompson™ Submachine Gun.jpg (68KB, 593x772px) Image search: [Google]
Thompson™ Submachine Gun.jpg
68KB, 593x772px
What is the perfect™ weapon for civilians and why is it a fully automatic Thompson™ submachine gun?

>Ergonomic
>Holds a shitload of ammo
>.45 ACP
>Full-auto baby
>Easy to reload
>Ridiculously effective at any range a civilian could realistically be expected to need one at
>Aesthetic as fuck
>Intimidating
>Great history
>Suitable for war
>Fantastic car/ trunk weapon
>Great for SHTF if you can afford to stockpile .45 ACP

Post your favorites and tell me why, /k/.
>>
>>35187134
>Ergonomic
That stock is fucking awful, shooting a Thompson was amazing in every department except ergonomics. I'm not even a manlet but that stock was too long and awkwardly shaped for me.
>>
>>35187156
You could just cut the stock down. Moron.
>>
>>35187134
>>Ergonomic
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>35187177

This. Nothing is stopping you from going to a woodshop and making your own custom stock, anon... or alternatively, paying someone to do it for you.
>>
>>35187156
I hate to break it to you, you're a manlet or you have freakishly short arms. The charging handle could use some work though, it's not in a good place on the 1928. The M1 literally feels better than sex though.
>>
>>35187191
>something 90% of the board will never experience is better than another thing 90% of the board will never experience
>>
>>35187191
I mean I'm 6' with fairly normal length arms I think. I'm a left handed freak so maybe that's it? I dunno it was really awkward to shoulder but it shot nice.
>>
>>35187244
It weighs 3 tons and shoots pistol caliber, it better shoot nice
>>
>>35187244
I don't know what you call "normal" but I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you that if you WERE six feet tall with normal length arms you'd shoulder it and the sight would naturally rise to your eye.
>>35187203
Kek. Esoteric, my nigga.
>>
>>35187266
This was like ~3 years ago that I shot one, I just remember it being awkward as hell for me at first. I guess shooting mostly ARs and guns with much shorter LOP got me used to having the gun a lot closer to my body.
>>
>>35187134
>i've never held that gun
>the thread
It's such a piece of shit. All it has going for it is cool factor and history.

>Ergonomic
It's not ergonomic at all, feels like shit to hold, and especially to manipulate anything like mag changing. It's heavy as balls, like literally a brick of unwieldy and un-ergonomic steel, stick mags work "ok-ish" but pretty meh. Drums are not fun to change out, more of a "blast your gun dry on somebody and drive off asap" tier.
>Holds a shitload of ammo
Only with drums, and they're such a huge pain to change out vs stick mags. And even releasing stick mags is crap vs any post-ww2 gun.
>.45 ACP
That's an advantage of a gun of this size and weight? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck you.
>Full-auto baby
Nothing notable.
>Easy to reload
hell no, it's shit
>Ridiculously effective at any range a civilian could realistically be expected to need one at
no more than anything else in a weak pistol caliber cutting down it's range immensely
>Aesthetic as fuck
That's subjective, not an objective fact.
>Intimidating
So is any gun being used against you.
>Great history
I guess.
>Suitable for war
At the time of it's invention maybe, questionable even in ww2 IMO.
>Fantastic car/ trunk weapon
What? it's heavy and huge. It'd suck vs something else with a folder stock and an intermediate or full caliber.
>Great for SHTF if you can afford to stockpile .45 ACP
45acp is not cheap, and it's still a weak pistol round with extremely limited range.
>>
>>35187266

OP here, I'm 5'11" with fairly long arms, and I have an easy time shooting one. I'd sure as hell like to OWN one when I get enough money, though.

>>35187335

You sound like a manlet. Let me guess: Do you have an AK/ AR collection or something? I own an AR, personally, and I'd say that (as a matter of sheer combat effectiveness,) I'm certain a modified AR-15 could almost certainly out-compete this gun in every objective category. But... as you've so astutely noted yourself... this is also a thread which also accepts SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS as well as objective arguments based on facts. So yeah, why don't you post your favorite civvie weapon then? Let's see how your choice compares, anon.
>>
the ergonomics are awful, and everyone else but the United States agreed.
>>
File: uzi_11.jpg (16KB, 618x343px) Image search: [Google]
uzi_11.jpg
16KB, 618x343px
>>35187134
even the UZI has better ergonomics then the Thompson
>>
>>35187134
Saturn V rocket.
>>
>>35187156
I prefer the full rifle stock over some folding bullshit like on the mp40
>>
>>35187335
Jesus christ you are a cunt and should kill yourself
>>
>>35187134
those stocks do look like they were a complete afterthought compared to the rest of the gun.
looks like they just slapped on some randomly shaped slabs of wood at the last minute
>>
>>35188171
go die in an eternal fire kike fag
>>
Theoretically the Griss Bector is better. Less recoil.
>>
File: VZ. 58.jpg (2MB, 2985x1146px) Image search: [Google]
VZ. 58.jpg
2MB, 2985x1146px
>>35188101
>So yeah, why don't you post your favorite civvie weapon then?
OK but for the record, I don't think I've ever held a gun I hated more than the thompson. Go ahead and rip my choice apart.
>more compact feeling than most comparable firearms
>comfortable for a folder, fixed stock is better feeling like most guns
>folder unfolds via gravity and clicks into place just as it reaches your shoulder for an extremely quick transition from vehicle mode to to readiness
>adequate round for fun and causing decent reactions downrange
>adequate round for most any normal thing you'd need to shoot
>not all that hard to hit highly visible chest sized targets inside of 400 yards with irons
>very soft ejection(not all ammo brands) won't chip windows etc of vehicles if shot from inside
>stripper clips allow extremely fast reloading of 30rd mags
>at least IMO, stripper clips are a lot easier to carry with you than 30rd mags in normal clothing because of their smaller size
>BHO lets you know you are empty since you can see/hear the difference in the action, so no surprise "click" that I'm accustomed to hearing in plenty of firearms
>the BHO plus a push-pin on the gas system offer such easy access to the main cleaning areas(piston/bolt face/snake bore)
>>35188262
You should hold a thompson and make sure you do mag changes too etc etc. Your perception of it will most likely be shattered.
>>35188274
That's about how I feel when I hold one. Never felt something so weird to use. It's worse than an ak underfolder or hk collapsible stock, and that takes something special to be worse feeling.
>>
File: Sick meme.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sick meme.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>35188400

>MFW I was actually right and he posts a Slavshit AK clone.

Alright, so here's the thing: I fully comprehend and appreciate where you are coming from. You are an extreme utilitarian, which I completely predicted by the nature of your response (I half-debated calling you an autist in my original response, but I figured it was just more likely you owned an AK, seeing as a lot of AK owners on /k/ come off that way.) Although I disagree with you, that's a respectable position to hold in general, and most of your points are valid/ decent with the exception of a few meme arguments. For instance, if I ever had to fire my gun from the car, I might actually care about not chipping my windows from the inside of the car.

As for the memes...

>Vehicle mode
>Vehicle mode
>Vehicle mode

Nigga, what are you even driving to where you can't be assed to use a full size fixed-stock rifle or SMG from your car until the stock flips open? A go-kart? That term should NEVER be used by anyone not looking to drive with a .50 cal gunner in their passenger seat, and when the heck is that ever going to happen unless you're in a desert, fighting some war? Somebody at the store must've sold you good on those buzzwords, anon.

>7.62

I'm not sure where you get off calling .45 ACP an unimpressive round if this is your caliber of choice.

>Carrying stripper clips

This is such a mess, I don't even know where to begin. In the first place, if you are going to carry stripper clips on your person/ in your car, then you might as well just leave a plate carrier on the back seat... most of which come with built-in holsters that are fully sized to hold MAGAZINES. Much easier than trying to reload a single mag that, for all you know, could fail in the middle of a firefight.
>>
>>35187203
>tfw leaf
>too autistic for army
>will never enjoy full auto
H-hold me /k/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.