[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so my father knows i like stuff like this and sent me an old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170916_201852.jpg (926KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170916_201852.jpg
926KB, 4160x3120px
so my father knows i like stuff like this and sent me an old soviet-era gas mask with a filter that is basically brand new and unused, but the bag also had this

anyone knows what the fuck is this?
>>
>>35185762
the filter is shot mate
>>
You lucky mother fucker. Put it back in the bag! It's a combat supplement.

Boil a pot of water and pop that bitch in like a tea bag.

That tea will get you moving for days.
>>
>>35185762
older mask filters had absteos or howrever the fuck its spelt so be careful
>>
File: IMG_20170916_201911.jpg (315KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170916_201911.jpg
315KB, 2048x1536px
>>35185774
why would it be?
it looks like it just came out of the factory and i was the first to open it, just checked if it fits in my other gas mask then sealed it back

>>35185779
already boiling the water
>>
>>35185864
Good luck. Have fun
>>
>>35185762

Slav hash is best hash.
>>
>>35185779
y u tryin 2 kill anon
>>
>>35185864
You're an idiot.
>>
>>35185967
drank the whole think man, feels good
>>
>>35185762
Looks like a filter sock.
Meant to keep snow, dirt, and mud out of the filter.
>>
That's the part of the bag that was melted with a lighter and clamped off to seal off a hole. The bag is probably made of nylon.
>>
>>35186015
This

Everyone else is an idiot.
>>
>>35185864
that is a Hungarian civil gasmask from the cold war. the thing you are holding is the dust cover for the filter. you put it over the filter to make sure dirt and shit doesn't get in it. just like >>35186015 said. I have the same gasmask.
>>
>>35185762
Make sure you do your research on the filter. I did so after buying a Russian filter for cheap locally, and when Russia was still making them, they said they stopped using asbestos in their filters, but I found out someone recently bought a brand new filter made in the 90s, and after tearing it apart, they had found it to still have asbestos in it in some kind of paper-like material.

Still safe to own if you don't use the filter to breathe through.
>>
>>35189603
Still safe to use.
The asbestos cannot travel through the filter unless it has completely failed and you are breathing charcoal dust.
>>
>>35189653
Are they? I think the asbestos is in some paper form, but I'm not sure how it's made into it or what holds it together. I'm still not going to use mine; it just freaks me out too much. I'd think the glue or whatever it's held together with would start coming apart after this amount of time.

Plus, the person I bought one of mine from, I don't even think they knew what it was, so I have no clue how carefully they handled it.
>>
>>35189732
The asbestos is in the pleated paper pre-filter at the bottom of the can.
It adds mechanical strength and also breaksdown arsenic compounds.
To get into your lungs it would have to seperate from the prefilter, travel through a cloth/paper filter element, through the charcoal bed, through another cloth/paper filter.
>>
>>35185864
It's Hungarian. Not really worth much but it's nice to have if you are into collecting or cosplaying.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.