[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I need to make a decision on what to buy. I have about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 590a1.jpg (35KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
590a1.jpg
35KB, 1155x1155px
Hey /k/ I need to make a decision on what to buy.
I have about $650 in spending money, I don't have a shotgun or a .22 yet
Do I either;
>Buy a Mossberg 590A1 for $570 after transfer and have probably the most durable shotty ever but just the one gun
>Buy a Mossberg 500 Tactical from Dick's and a 10/22 for the combined total of about $645 after tax

I'm kind of going back and forth here if I want a really good shotgun or just a good shotgun and a .22
>>
option 2
the average user isnt going to use any of the additional features of an a1
also the 590 standards around 400 if you really want that bayonet lug
>>
>>35181849
Most of the 590s I'm seeing don't come with the bayonet lug and are barely cheaper than the 590A1 while lacking the neat bayo lug and the metal trigger guard which alone is worth $100
>>
Buy used guns. get a 500 for $225 at a pawnshop.

Find a used mossberg blaze for $90 and save the over $300 or buy something else.
>>
>>35181889
stop looking at 18 inch barreled guns then
the lugs only on 20s
metal trigger guards something that makes you feel better but youd have to try and break the plastic one. normal use wont damage it.
if you really want to spend money on more durable parts because you think its worth it. go for it.
>>
I say get the 590A1 and wait for your next bit of money to get a 10/22 TD. But, then again I prefer to buy nicer shit. If you buy any other Mossman shotgun (other than the 930) you will eventually want a 590 anyways. Why not start with the best?
>>
>>35181929
the 10/22 takedown RIFLE is really nice. Ive only seen all weather stainless ones, maybe thats all they make. the pistol ones are gimmicky and stupid
>>
>>35181929
>If you buy any other Mossman shotgun (other than the 930) you will eventually want a 590 anyways. Why not start with the best?

Went the opposite way. Started with a 590a1 and ended up safequeening it after picking up a beat to shit 500 for $150. Because that used 500 was broken in perfectly with a godlike action that basically racked itself the balance was better too.
590a1 resale value is pretty bad rather high depreciation on it.
>>
File: 180.jpg (2MB, 3696x2448px) Image search: [Google]
180.jpg
2MB, 3696x2448px
>>35181957
I have the Takedown Tactical (pictured towards the left here) which I ordered specifically for the threaded barrel to later add a can. Of course now the ruger suppressed barrel has changed that plan, but still. It is nice for a 10/22.
>>
>>35181986
>safequeening it
That was the problem. Yeah, it's expensive for a pump action shotgun, but it's not some $2k+ O/U that you need to baby. The resell value drops, but there's also no reason not to buy used in the first place
>>
>>35182041
>That was the problem
nah the problem was i didnt actually like the things it excelled at. thought i would when i bought it but reality ended up being different. its a excellent pumpshotgun for hd but id rather use a pistol for hd. then i ended up getting into trap which its bad at due to balance and barrel length.so when i want to shoot a shotgun i dont use it.
>>
>>35181996
>has a nice as fuck collection
>isn't an attention whore tripfag
I like you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.