[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elk, bear, deer, etc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5358.jpg (66KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5358.jpg
66KB, 500x333px
Is a mossberg 500 with a 28" barrel good enough for hunting any game in North America?
>>
Bumpski
>>
was about to reply until you bumped your own thread from page 4
>>
>>35181787
Sry I was afraid it'd go to like 8 in a couple mins
>>
>>35181599

Yes, a 1 ounce deer slug will unironically put down any living creature in North America. Those bitches are moving at roughly 1800 fps. A 1 ounce slug can deliver something along the lines of 3000 foot pounds of force. That's enough to knock the cock out of your mom's mouth, to say nothing of dropping a moose.

Range and accuracy are going to be issues, but in a good blind any sort of leaf munching fucks like deer, elk, or moose will be good and dead from a slug. I might, MIGHT be hesitant to go literally hunting brown bear with a shotgun, but you plug one with 6+1 of deer slugs, there isn't a thing alive that can take that.
>>
>>35181599

Yes, but you'd do well to get a dedicated slug barrel.
>>
>>35181826
Should I limit my range to 50 yards?
>>
Is a bolt action or a lever action better for deer/moose hunting?
>>
>>35181857
you should limit your range to a range you feel comfortable at after practicing. this might be 50 might be 75 could be 100.

slugs will easily exceed 50
>>
>>35181876
Id think so, a 30-30 or 30-06 would easily outrange the slug
>>
>>35181914
No, I meant which of those two are the better option. I won't be getting any shots past 300 yds because of the environment I live in, so would a lever action or a bolt action be best for the job?
>>
>>35181599
Depends what you mean by hunting, I suppose. It'll kill anything that gets close enough to hit, but you're going to want a rifle if you're stalking.
>>
>>35181931
Lever actions are generally limited to within 100 yards. For 300 I'd go with the bolt gun.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.