[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sawed off shotguns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sawed off shotgun.jpg (19KB, 450x155px) Image search: [Google]
sawed off shotgun.jpg
19KB, 450x155px
Hi /k/. I'm not big into guns so I thought I'd come here for advice. Feel free to use this thread as a general sawed off discussion thread as well.

I inherited a shotgun and really have no use for any sort of weapon I can't conceal. I'm not in the business of selling guns, so I was wondering if there was any way I could shorten it to a concealable size. I live in Ohio and don't particularly want to break any laws.
>>
>>35179296
18.5 inches is the legal barrel length iirc
26 overall iirc
if u want a short bareeles shotgun buy one of those pistolgrip ones that somehow skirts the laws. idk what kinda shotgun you have but resale on shotguns usually isnt great for the seller so your kinda fucked. id just keep it for home defense or try to sell it to a friend.
>>
Don't cut up something you inherited, you ass
>>
>>35179296
Form 1 it. Not sure about OH but I cant carry anything over 12 inches in my state so you might sol from the gate. IO!
>>
>>35179350
It wasn't even his second-favorite shotgun.
>>
>>35179296

Wait, why can the tac-14/shockwave cut the mustard and not run afoul of the atf

But a double barrel break action with a birdshead grip would?
>>
>>35179296
1) Don't hack up an heirloom gun
2) The amount of NFA paperwork and fees involved make it not worth it
3) Carrying a sawed-off shotgun concealed will be impractical (as you'll need to carry your NFA paperwork with you everywhere you go), uncomfortable (concealed under what, I wonder?) and a good way to get yourself shot by the cops, storeowners, or people legally carrying practical CCW choices.

In short, it's a dumb idea. Learn to shoot, and appreciate, a long gun.
>>
>>35179393
The shockwave never had a real buttstock, so it was never a shotgun. If your receiver has ever been sold, even once, as a "shotgun" you can never cut the barrel to less than 18" unless you get a form 1.
>>
>>35179296
>I'm not in the business of selling guns
It's called a private-party transfer. Just to on Armslist or Gunbroker to do it.
>>
>>35179393
The shockwave is a firearm, but not a shotgun, according to the ATF, because it never met the classifications of being a shotgun.

It's also not a smooth-bore pistol, which is important.

The line on small 12-gauge firearms that don't cross into one of these classifications is very narrow.
>>
>>35179393

It's... complicated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP5KbWOe64g
>>
>>35179466

What i'm saying is:

Why doesnt a mfgr of cheap double barrel guns, just make a birdshead gripped double barrel thats over 26", with a short barrel?

I'd buy one. It seems way more fun than a short 870 desu.
>>
The good news is that you can have a black powder shotgun that's as short as you like, and it's completely legal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiRsj3ND-5E
>>
>>35179511
It's simple.
As it was not designed as a shotgun, but as a large pistol that fires shotgun rounds, it does not require a tax stamp.
It's all about what that receiver was born as.
>>
>>35179623
But it was never a pistol, because it was designed with a forward assist.
>>
File: pedersoli.jpg (71KB, 1033x776px) Image search: [Google]
pedersoli.jpg
71KB, 1033x776px
>>35179539
The Pedersoli Howdah is a step in the right direction, but it's only in .410 (technically a double-barreled pistol), and is absurdly overpriced.
>>
>>35179296
Bump
>>
>>35179296
>really have no use for any sort of weapon I can't conceal
It's a shotgun. When things go bump in the night, a shotty is your friend.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.