[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people join the military to do stuff that isnt a combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: 1437420365056.gif (48KB, 336x382px) Image search: [Google]
1437420365056.gif
48KB, 336x382px
Why do people join the military to do stuff that isnt a combat MOS? You can be a cook in the civilian world, or drive a truck, or man a nuclear reactor so why join the military to do that? On top of that why does it seem like those people are the most proud of their "service"?

>fucking POGs
>>
why do people get drunk off listerine
>>
>>27795870

Why is it that 11bs and 0311s have to justify having such a shitty career in peacetime?

>If you join the military and don't get treated like a 5 year old your entire career and ruin your knees and back by your 25th birthday, you ain't shit!
>>
>>27795892
>get to experience something you can only do in the military in a combat MOS
>picking some civilian style shit

Literally joining, going in and getting a deployment (as a combat MOS) and getting out is the only thing that makes sense. Why else waste the fucking time?
>>
>>27795887
To be fair thats actually fun to do lol
>>
>>27795907

Or you could not be a retard and get a real MOS 153a.

>Become pilot
>Be W-2
>Not have to take shit from dumb dumb SNCOs or Officers
>>
>>27795870
In the United States veteran's benefits are considerable, and offer a good way to pay for higher education. Some prefer to select a job within the armed services with directly transferable training to the civilian sector. Learning to plan, maintain and deploy water treatment systems isn't sexy, but it is immediately employable after exiting active service.

Beyond that, many people don't feel confortble about being personally in a combat role. Some lack the confidence that they can be brave and trustworthy in that sort of situation, some can't handle violence, some have moral objections to directly engaging in combat.

It seems odd that so few armed services jobs are at the pointy end, but those fucking pogs do important jobs.

As far as the pride thing, I think infantry tends to have a culture of complaint. There's always something to complain about, and to be fair the job is fucking horrible. Riflemen that have left active service are mostly proud of what they've done but the first thing they'd mention when talking about it is funny ways it sucks, or stupid shit.
>>
File: 1435004651329.gif (844KB, 268x278px) Image search: [Google]
1435004651329.gif
844KB, 268x278px
college anon in EE, I wanna join the air force either as an engineer or a (hopefully fighter) pilot. I'd be fine with both, whether I see combat or not. I want to be able to directly serve my nation. that doesn't excuse other MOSs and AFSCs that are useless POGs tho.
>>
>>27795870

>Justifying be treated like dog shit after ETSing and looking at the past in rose tinted glasses.

Someone was mad jelly the pogs weren't police calling the barracks on base down days.
>>
>>27795946

I can tell you did all your military research on /k/ or you would know pilots are useless pogs too.
>>
>>27795870

for the bennies. just like the dumbshit grunts.
>>
>>27796036
>tfw every mos outside of grunts talk about "well I get to see action too!" constantly wanting to be seen similar to a grunt
>grunts compare themselves to no other mos
>>
File: sluts.png (477KB, 560x500px) Image search: [Google]
sluts.png
477KB, 560x500px
>>27796070
>grunts actually believe they are envied
>>
>>27795946
Or be a civilian engineer for the air force. Worked with them a lot in aircraft maintenance, they get better pay and can still earn a pension since they're DOD employees. I did six years, going to school now for mech engineering, may go back into the air force as an engineer later
>>
>>27796116
This. Kek
>>
>>27796116
Obviously you have never been on a FOB and seen the inferiority everyone exhibits when they around grunts.
>>
>live in shitsville, ass county USA
>no job prospects
>no money for schooling
>live in mom's trailer

Why not? Soldiers gotta eat, someone's gotta do it. May as well gtfo. Yeah, it'd be shitty , but less shitty and you get bennies.
>>
>>27796161
>everyone

Corpsman don't. Dealing with stupid shit all day cures you of that pretty fast.
>>
>>27796236
Reason I joined
>>
File: 1435005163398-1.jpg (19KB, 336x349px) Image search: [Google]
1435005163398-1.jpg
19KB, 336x349px
>>27796029
fuck senpai, I just wanna fly and get into combat once in my life desu. its worth it if I have to be a POG
>>
>>27796161

Rotor heads don't.
>>
>>27795916

So is getting drunk with edible alcoholic beverages.
>>
>>27795870

i used to work with this fucking pog that wouldn't shutup about his days in the service. he made damn sure to work it into conversation with every single person he met. he was known around the work as the army guy, and when people would thank him for his service I almost vomited in my mouth a little. he was a fucking light wheel, are you kidding me

Meanwhile, no-one at work knew that I was in the army too, or that I was 11b, got my CIB and 2 purples to boot. I don't tell everyone I meet because I'm not a self centric asshat and I didn't sign up to be mr. fucking popular. I also HATE IT when people thank me for my service. it's awkward, makes me uncomfortable, and I'm just thinking.... i didn't do it for you dude. they don't even remotely understand the service they're thanking me for. they think of war movies but have no idea what any of it is really like. if they did, they'd say something like "oh. sorry" not THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR HUUUHRRRRRR YOU PRODECTED MUH FREEEEEDOM

not all pogs are bad. some are pretty cool guys but I've found most civilians are complete shitbags.
>>
>>27796377
Rotor heads are total bros
>>
>>27796476
nice blog, thanks for you're cervix
>>
File: 1409683979746.jpg (168KB, 1280x670px) Image search: [Google]
1409683979746.jpg
168KB, 1280x670px
>>27795870

Some people join the military just because there are no jobs.

Kid.
>>
>>27796545

civilian detected
>>
>>27796556
>kid
20yr old detected go to bed kiddo
>>
>>27796575
Sometimes it disturbs me the sense of superiority that you fucking grunts display. If you think you are better than the people you are supposed to protect, then why did you volunteer to protect them in the first place?
>>
>>27795870

>Because I may want to serve my country in a way that maximizes the value of my own personal talents and abilities

>Because I know there will be a day when my ability to be an effective soldier will be of little value to my country

>Because I want to learn a specific skillset and have a well developed set of goals.

>Because I wanted to do the job that I now do, making $100k a year doing something I absolutely love
>>
>>27796604

>implying I became grunt to serve YOU
>implying I serve anyone other than my NCO

Sometimes it disturbs me the sense of idiocy that you fucking civilians display. Not everyone that signs up, or goes to war is doing it to "serve the country". Most of use don't give a fuck about your, or the government. Those that do? Well their hopes and dreams of protecting sissy-ass civies go right down the drain within the first year of service.

The reality of it is, people with balls join the military. Even the POGs get 10x the respect from me a civilian ever fucking will. They are busting their ass while you eat cheetos and watch anime.

Grunts might give POGs a huge amount of shit, but at the end of the day we still respect them. They give us shit too. A lot of shit. Everyone in the damn military gives everyone else hard shit, why? Because that's how you deal with tough situations. You crack jokes, you dog on each other, you make that your focus, and try not to think about your dead buddies.

but civs? fuck you. you've got no gonads, and no room to talk. fuckin civs on a weapons board.... what the fuck to you know about using a rifle in combat conditions? the fuck you know about being shot at? shooting someone else?

huge respect for police, firefighters, emt, etc.

but i don't consider them to be civs either. you've either been in the real shit, or you're a pussy.

end of fucking story.
>>
File: 1444686180436.jpg (24KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
1444686180436.jpg
24KB, 375x281px
>>27795870
>>27795907
>>27796161
>>27796575

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CERVIX.
>>
File: 1434436716766.jpg (650KB, 720x5442px) Image search: [Google]
1434436716766.jpg
650KB, 720x5442px
>>27797810
thank you for your service
>>
>>27797831
>>27797836

say that to my face not online fucker see what happens

>hands you a bowl of eggs
>>
>>27797810
Thx for your cervix
>>
>>27797910

serve you with the thanks
>>
>>27797910
>teleports behind you
Pssh nothing personnel kid
>>
>>27795870
>tfw i grow up next to a large AFB and you're all a bunch of cheesedicks.

POG officers like bullshit pediatricians look all smug lie they're actually important

Dumbass enlisted pingers pretending they're going to be fighter aces or some shit, demanding military discounts and shit.

Enlisted or officer, any MOS, like 90% of you are fucking morons. The other 10% acknowledge that it's a job and nothing more
>>
>>27795870
>Why do people join the military to do stuff that isnt a combat MOS?

Because I wanted to work in the IC. So I got deployment experience and a TS/SCI out of it. And the Post 9/11 so I can finish school.
>>
>>27797810
>huge respect for police, firefighters, emt, etc.
>but i don't consider them to be civs either.

Lol.

Nah homie. Cops are civilians.

I don't even know how to respond to the idea that hose jockeys and EMTs aren't civilians.
>>
File: 1445753848667.png (55KB, 380x264px) Image search: [Google]
1445753848667.png
55KB, 380x264px
>Join Navy on a whim
>"What did you do before wanting to join?"
>"Well, I was a history major."
>"Why not go submarines?"

Immediately regretted my decision.
I went from reading about Bonaparte to fixing ESM systems and struggling to finish up my Comms quals.
>>
>>27795870
>I believe I can combat without logistics and food department
aaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy lllllllmaoooo
>>
>>27797810
Then go get shot you fucking maniac. If you joined the military for either bragging rights or because you just wanted to kill people on uncle sam's dollar, you can get fucked you crazy asshole. I respect the people that deserve it, a cancer surgeon or NASA engineer will get infinitely more respect from me than you ever will.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.