[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought my first gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: SWSD9.jpg (111KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SWSD9.jpg
111KB, 600x600px
I just bought pic related about 30 minutes ago. Waiting for it to ship from Kentucky. Any tips for a first time handgun owner? How many rounds or how much time can I expect to train with it before I become proficient? Any training methods in particular you recommend?
>>
>>27789195
Good job, you bought a decent budget handgun. I love mine. I don't know about training though.
>>
File: Sc323-1.jpg (52KB, 294x322px) Image search: [Google]
Sc323-1.jpg
52KB, 294x322px
>>27789195
How much $$$?
>>
>>27789195
Buy a spring replacement kit for it. The trigger pull is horrendous for a semi auto.
>>
>>27789195
I too, have bought my first gun an hour ago. But its a Coast to Coast Master-Mag cc660, pretty much a cheap version of the 870. Will 870 parts fit on it? Does anyone know?
>>
>>27789195
>How many rounds or how much time can I expect to train with it before I become proficient?

Life isn't a video game, son. There is no magic amount of training. Keep training and trying to improve.

Take your time and don't rush your shots. You need to hit something first before you can hit it fast. Get some big 12" paper targets and set them up close. 7 yards (21 feet) is fine, and so is 15 feet if you are having trouble hitting the targets. Get some snap caps and do dry fire wall drills at home.
>>
Every time I see someone that just bought one of these I always think, why the fuck did you not just get a Glock??

The police trade in Glock 22s are going for under $300 these days and they are everywhere.
>>
>>27789331
I paid $334 without tax.
>>
>>27789296
Thanks for the reply friend.
>>
>>27789422
I live in California and state law requires a loaded chamber indicator on anything made after July of 2007. This was pretty much the only thing I could find on budget that complied with state law.
>>
>>27789422
Because then he would have to buy a barrel in a decent caliber.
>>
>>27789356
I'm gonna guess no. But just ask to see your local gunsmith and they should be able to tell you.
>>
>>27789422
or a sig sp2022
>>
>>27789450
Ah makes sense.
>>
>>27789386
Thanks you for the advice. I'll be visiting the range about every two weeks in between my exams. I'll be sure to take my time and attempt to improve.
>>
>>27789356
no because its a mossberg 500 clone...
>>
>>27789450
Glocks DO have a loaded chamber indicator.
>>
>>27789341
True

It's like 10 lbs out of a striker fired pistol.
>>
>>27789195
>Any tips for a first time handgun owner?
Shoot it. Gun's no good to you if you can't use it. Follow safety guidelines. Don't act dumb. Clean it and lube it. Don't use shitty ammo. The savings aren't worth it.
>How many rounds or how much time can I expect to train with it before I become proficient?
Shoot it. You'll find out pretty damn fast that it's easy enough to do, but depending on what you consider proficient, you may never be good enough. I know I'm not satisfied with myself just yet.
>Any training methods in particular you recommend?
Shoot it. Check which eye is your dominant eye and adopt your stance accordingly. Do some draw drills if it's going to be a CCW. Practice two handed and one handed shooting. Don't be afraid to use your off hand. You never know what you'll need to do.

The most important thing is don't hurt anyone. Seriously, nobody. If somebody is fucking with you and you need to use your gun you kill them. Legally easier to deal with. Do not hurt yourself or anybody else with a negligent discharge. There is no such thing as an accidental discharge. Try not to shoot up a school with your evil assault weapon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.