[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I'm a noguns faggot. I live with my dad, and he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 381-jim.png (152KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
381-jim.png
152KB, 438x420px
Hey /k/, I'm a noguns faggot. I live with my dad, and he just called from work telling me to get the shotgun out of his closet and watch out for a white pickup truck. The gun is a Remington 870 and it says it is for use with 2 3/4 shells and lower, but the shells he told me to use are 3 1/4. I checked and that's all there is. How fuked am I?
>>
You are never going to cycle a load in the chamber.....good luck
>>
File: 1317283983062.gif (588KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1317283983062.gif
588KB, 240x180px
>>27783076
go buy some 2 3/4 birdshot for 5 bucks

will be lulz if you actually have to use it
>>
>>27783089
Like I said I'm noguns, but is there a way to maybe load one shot? I probably wont need to fire more than once if I actually have to, so that shouldn't be too big of a problem.
>>
>>27783076
JK, I loaded it through the ejection port. Hope I don't have to use it.
>>
>>27783134
If you fire a 3.5" out of a 2.75" chamber, it'll crimp the empty hull in, and you'll be subjecting the chamber to overpressure.

Expect no more than one shot before having to unfuck it at a gunsmith.
>>
>>27783186
Well fuck.
>>
>>27783205
Your dad's a fuckstick for buying 3 1/4 inch shells to keep with his 870. I've got a 3 1/2 inch Super Magnum and I still standardize on 2 3/4 inch buckshot and slugs in case I need to share with friends or neighbors and to keep recoil somewhat tolerable.
>>
>>27783228
I don't think he even bought it, probably borrowed it from his dad. At this point I probably know more about the damn thing than he does.
>>
Wait so what did the white pickup truck do our is going to do? Run down to the store and grab a box of 2 3/4 asap.
>>
>>27783368
make sure to get 00buck and not the cheapest 25 round box of birdshot while your at it
>>
>>27783396
>pickup truck
>not getting slugs to fuck up the engine block and windshields
>>
>>27783368
He used to work for my dad, and he figured out where we live. He's apparently very pissed off and drunk, and not far away at all, so if I leave I leave the dogs and the gun in the house because I live in the fucking city and have a tiny ass car.
>>
>>27783186
>one shot before having to unfuck it at a gunsmith
It's a rem 870, nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>27783407
if you think a noguns faggot will hit anything with slugs you are delusional
>>
>>27783420
What the shit kind of car can't hold three big dogs and a shotgun? I can cram that into a mini cooper FFS.
>>
>>27783454
An old VW beatle with some of the back floor paneling missing. My dogs are pretty small, so that shit could be bad. That, and I don't think having a gun visible in your car is legal here, and I don't have time to hunt down a bag.
>>
>>27783420
Go and get the ammo. Your shotgun is virtually worthless at this point.

>but anon said I could shoot one ro--

Shut up, go get ammo, and be quick about it. What happens if you miss your one shot? What is your grand scheme then?
>>
OP are you dead?
>>
use the Biden method, youll be fine
>>
>>27783420
Your options are either:

A: Fire one round and totally fuck the gun

B: Rush and buy some buckshot and blast this bumpkin away.
>>
>>27785446
This is probably what he had in mind
>>
I've never heard of 3.25" 12gauge shells.
>google it
Something about dram is all I can find.

Are you sure they're 3.25" shells?
>>
>>27785479
3.5 inch I bet.
>>
>>27785939
Maybe, my money is still on dram.
Someone can correct me but I think dram is the equivalent length of shell if it were loaded with black powder and some 2 3/4" shells are 3 1/4" dram.
>>
>>27785446

My pa came back with the right shells, and the guy figured out that my dad didn't fuck his wife, so it's all good.

>>27785965
It says 3 1/4 - 1 - 8 on the side, so I went by that.
>>
>>27787668
Okay. Well this was posted on nationalgunforum by some random guy:

>3 1/4 is the Dram equivalent, this is a measure of power from when shotgun shells were loaded with blackpowder , the powder was measured in drams, the higher the drams, the more power. Modern shells are loaded with smokeless powder of course, which is measured in grains, the number 3 1/4 shows this shell is loaded with enough smokeless powder to give equal power of 3 1/4 drams of blackpowder.
>The 1- 8 is one ounce of number 8 shot.

I believe him.
>>
>>27787668
So you had shells with no box to look for markings on?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.