[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is k opinion regarding people who does not support the military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 17

File: 1337140088326.jpg (476KB, 1247x927px) Image search: [Google]
1337140088326.jpg
476KB, 1247x927px
What is k opinion regarding people who does not support the military and veterans?
>>
>>27771530
I think it shows a level of advancement, to live in a society that's distant enough from war and conflict that they don't think they need to care.

Naïve, sure, but it shows how little most people have to think about that shit.
>>
>>27771550
"support are troops" has nothing to do with thinking about the horrors of war
>>
I think they are fucking ignorant. It's great to love peace and hate violence.
If you dont like what the military is doing take it out on your government, they are the ones that start the wars, not the soldiers who Are sent away to risk their lives.
>>
>>27771530
I think it's the hipster thing to do right now. Lot of sensational words and phrases goin round right now. Bootlicker, babykiller, welfare queen, etc. Most of it is trolly, but there's legit people out there that assume the service is all just a scam because the military isn't used how they envision it should be.
>>
>>27771554
>are
>>
>>27771530
Vets who defended their country? Conscripts? Respect is due.

Soldiers who signed up during peacetime, or to fight for some unattainable political goal in a sandbox half a world away? Their choice, none of my business.
>>
>>27771570
this is are country boy we'll spell how we want
>>
If you volunteered to go fight in the sandbox it's your problem.
>>
>>27771530
Depends on what they'd rather see the money go towards.

If they don't have an answer or would rather feed minorities, I don't particularly care for them.
>>
>>27771616
Less taxation?
>>
>>27771649
Hahaha, you wish.
>>
>>27771649
If only.
>>
>>27771671
I do.
>>
>>27771530
>people are generally aware that politicians are mostly shit or puppets
>politicians decide who are our allies and what wars we fight
>but we must blindly support our troops because they must be "fighting for our country"

explain to me how they arent just fighting for a political agenda

also
>destroy middle east
>pissed off muslims flood into west
>our countries everywhere slowly turning into islamic caliphates
>"serving your country"
kek
>>
File: 1367085609405.jpg (12KB, 339x420px) Image search: [Google]
1367085609405.jpg
12KB, 339x420px
>>27771530
>What is /k/ opinion regarding people who does not support the military and veterans?

Speaking as an American, I can understand both sides.

Concerning the side that's either distrusting or hostile to the Mil/Vets Its easy to look at the shenanigans the US military has done and be either upset or disgusted at the lengths that were gone to achieve something that may or may not have been for the nations best interest, or what one may consider the waste of billions on the latest boondoggle at the time. When you look at the iron curtain of bureaucratic bullshit and red tape that prevents any kind of civilian direction or interaction without significant money or political clout, then you also have people that become disenfranchised with the whole process. You can make the argument that civilians really have no place when it comes to making decisions concerning military policy, and to an extent I agree, but people, naturally being people, aren't going to readily agree when it comes to "wasting" trillions of dollars with nothing to show for it, or commuting unethical acts that may or may not gain us anything tangible.

On the other hand, while the Military doesn't decide on it's own to go fuck up other countries, It is used as the long arm of political offices, and thus shoulders some up the blame with little is actually achieved and shit generally gets worse. It's unfortunate, but true. I would never fault most veterans for it, but at the same time, its what they agreed to do, for better or worse.
>>
I do not support the military or warfare of any kind but would do anything I can for a veteran.
>>
>>27771530
They are of having good grammar.
>>
>>27771573
This. Depends on the war, really.
>>
>>27771530
>paying taxes
>not supporting the military and veterans

It's not all about hugs and kisses, mang
>>
File: 1387312762594.jpg (48KB, 477x718px) Image search: [Google]
1387312762594.jpg
48KB, 477x718px
>>27771530
Jackasses. It's like they think there would be no wars if nobody joined the military. People who volunteer are the reason they are not out there right now.
>>
Troops haven't fought for freedom in years
>>
>>27771573
>Unattainable
If we actually stuck to the COIN bible, we would only be a few years from having an peaceful Muslim democracy in iraq. What do we get instead? A premature pull out followed shortly by Isis
>>
>>27771908
>because fuck you
AUUUGHGHG HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE HUE
LE FUNNY
>>
>>27771908
>implying there'd be a draft to go to iraq if no one volunteered
>>
>>27771925
Since 1776
>>
>>27771530
soldier worship is horseshit.
>No ones fighting the nazi's
>were occupying shitholes int he middle east for no gain
Its not like the military or veterans deserve to have their ass kissed for all the pork barrel spending and war profiteering.
>And dont forget that the only people from my hs who joined up really didnt have college prospects. They also tended to be int he bottom 20% of the class
>>
>>27771938
>implying the shitstorm in Syria wouldn't still boil over the border
>implying former Iraqi army soldiers wouldn't still defect to IS (retarded move on our part to disband the army)
>implying the various other angry people wouldn't still return to arms after we left
>implying the long arm of the Iranians wouldn't still reach into the country
>>
>>27771568

It must be nice being an illiterate 20 year old who can neither remember nor read about the Vietnam war. Please tell us more from your vast pool of knowledge.
>>
File: mission_accomplished.jpg (24KB, 474x424px) Image search: [Google]
mission_accomplished.jpg
24KB, 474x424px
>>27771729
Well, if the american goal was to break up the EU, pic related.
>>
>>27771992
>it it not enough that i should succeed
>others should fail
>>
>>27771992
Everyone hates the eu and un
>>
>>27771989
What, about it being Hipster? It was, are you fuckin kiddin me? Even then it was way overblown, returning vets didnt get treated like garbage, the entire anti war movement was in support of the troops, trying to bring them home from a war the people stopped believing in.
>>
nations who are not in harmony with their army are destined to doom. Von Clausewitz said it
>>
>>27771530
Anyone who disrespects a vet is a waste of space.
>>
>>27772125
Mind as well let vets run a train on your wife amirite?
>>
>>27771530
I respect the military.
But I don't respect politicians.

So sorry if I don't show up to say hello during the parade... but I do not want politicians to take credit for my presence and make themselves beautiful under they eyes of the mob just because the military has to march and salute them.
>>
>>27771530
I was always taught is if someone doesnt support the people willing to fight for them then they dont deserve to be protected its as simple as that
>>
I approve of people voluntarily agreeing to defend the country. I have zero desire to be in the military and am glad there are people who do. so I don't have to. They have my gratitude, and support any initiative that helps them. A guy I used to work with as a teenager was a Vietnam conscript, it's nice to know I don;t have to worry about that shit.
>>
>>27772125
even if the vet is an ignorant asshat?
>what about the asshole vet who im helping sue the VA, he listed "tobacco use syndrone" in his suit. WTF Tobacco use? gimmie a break no one shoved that cigarrette into your mouth and no one made u chew dip like a redneck
>Some vets aren't respectable.
>the general public shouldnt be made to kiss ur ass because you killed a bunch of brown hillbillies
>>
File: 1430032144465.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1430032144465.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>27772193

shocker the world isnt totally black and white. god i hate this website
>>
>>27771573
>Vets who defended their country?

Yeah, but what about partisans and the so-called freedom fighters?

In Italy, they have created the myth of being all anti-fascist freedom-fighters and are celebrated on 25th April every year.

Among them, there are many legit ones who had to go innawoods in the 40s to avoid persecution and gathered together in bands that kicked in the 1943 Italian civil war through guerrilla warfare --both against fascist troops (civil war) and against the Nazis (liberation war).

However, many others were just rascals or were too politicized to share a common view. Many exploited guerrilla to settle old grudges and slaughtered people at will. Others were just disbanded army units: when civil war started, the U.S. got support from the army generals in the South, so that fascist militia found themselves retreating northwards and had to call for Nazi support because the army had rebuked Mussolini. However -- surprise! -- army generals didn't bother telling Italian troopers that they had switched sides. So these troopers disbanded and those who were not killed became part of warbands roaming the country.

Again: many legit freedom fighters, but at least as many rascals who had just found themselves on the wrong side of the conflict... or even motherfuckers who thought of war as an excuse for marauding and settling accounts.
Proof of this is they kept fighting each other over political issues (army vs. communists vs. christian democrats).

These are my "war veterans".

I am sort of left-wing (though no hipster) and yet I wonder whether or not I should follow the leftist tradition of yore and hail these freedom-fighters as my heroes.

Should I, dear /k/?
>>
>>27772003
Even Europeans.
>>
File: 342600.jpg (47KB, 460x536px) Image search: [Google]
342600.jpg
47KB, 460x536px
>>27771530
Complicated

As a vet i dont want my ass kissed just because i took somebodies spot in the military. Fuck i find it awkward when someone thanks me for my service. The hell am i supposed to say "you're welcome even though i could give a shit less if you dropped dead right now"?

Thanks to my service i have a short fuse, shitty health, and a general distain for groups of people. Thats about it. My knees hurt every god damn day but i know better than to stand in line at the VA and expect someone to do something about it cause they won't. So then what, get angry about it and vent on facebook about how i should be pandered to? No, im not stupid, i knew the lies, the recruiting bullshit posters didnt fool me, i had no illusions about fighting for freedom and i wasnt spreading democracy i was getting shit faced when i could back in the rear when my friends would sneakmail me booze hidden in Listerine bottles that were emptied and filled with jack. the choices i made were mine and so the the consequences.

The small small take away i have being a vet is very simple. I done my time for the government and the nation, whether it be bad or good i spent my time in the machine and i feel i have earned my right to my freedoms such as mouthing off to whatever authority or higher up that may be.

The second would be that i have earned my place among men of the same ilk whose love is beyond that which the word brother can describe. I served with men and women who i know deserve to be lifted up on shoulder due to their personal strength and conviction to bring me home again, the "cause" of why we fought were of no choosing of our own, but it showed no matter what the fight, these select few people i know that are alive is the reason why i did my job and didnt bitch. These people i will fight for, everyone else can get fucked.

If you really want to "respect" vets or show gratitude, just leave them the fuck alone.
>>
>>27771530
Pretty much every member of the family has served in the military in one form or another. My opinion is pretty simple. Pay them the pay they deserve and give them benefits we promised, but short of that that's pretty much it. You don't have to thank anyone for serving in our armed forces. It's all volunteer and they are given fair compensation. Doesn't mean you need to be a dick either. Help those who need help in general.
>>
>>27771530
>>27771573
well a soldier is supposed to enact the will of the people in a democratic country. if a war is unjust it is the fault of the people and politician not the soldier. if someone doesn't at least respect the people who are carrying out their elected representatives martial policies they are either brain dead or need to vote for someone else and if no one else is available to support your view then you should put your opinion forward, that's just basic democracy; it is your inaction which allows your soldiers to be misused by unjust politicians or the misguided masses; and if you believe joining in peacetime is bad then you don't understand the value of maintaining a peacetime military.
>>
>>27772465
5 star post
>>
>>27771550
>>27771530
Everyone always supports them with taxes.

That's all the care you need to expect.
>>
>>27772465
F
>>
>>27772797
Not even an American (I'm a bong) but this sentiment x1000.
>>
Supporting the military/veterans is largely a meme aimed at quashing dissent and the questioning of the merits of the state's foreign policy.
I pity the fuckers. Growing up in a military town interacting with soldiers everyday does an excellent job at inoculating one against the widespread cultural romanticization of the US military. It's a shit tier job and career; the pay and benefits are in no way worth the damages and opportunity costs. Seen way to many friends and relatives get chewed up and spit out by Uncle Sam; at a minimum you're losing your knees and hearing and it seems to be absolute kryptonite to the development of healthy relationships. Only know one vet who isn't divorced yet, and he's a math-prodigy West Point grad who looks like a male model.

Picking up a rifle and putting on a uniform does not make you a hero, better than others, or somehow imbue one with great value and worth. It's entirely what you personally do.
>>
>>27771530

I grew up in a city with a nearby military base.

I fucking hate military kids(18-30 year olds mostly). I love the military but living in a base town is fucking shit. They're a bunch of fucking punks with a hero complex.
>>
File: 1420252010183.jpg (104KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
1420252010183.jpg
104KB, 600x660px
>>27771550
This is actually quite deep. I'm impressed.

>pic unrelated
>>
File: 1434921992765.jpg (14KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1434921992765.jpg
14KB, 500x375px
>>27773587

fucking kek
>>
>>27773583
MPs are the worst.
>>
>>27771908
Wow, I cringed. I generally don't cringe
>>
>>27773628

My brother is still a city cop there and he deals with those fuck faces all day long. He's legit almost gotten into fist fights before.

At this point whenever he pulls somebody over and they hand over their DOD ID with their DL it's an automatic ticket even if he was going to let them off with a warning.
>>
>>27772280
>especially
>>
>>27773684

I was a cop in Newport News for 5 years. I would cum in my pants every time I got to arrest some punk-ass navy kid (who always had just turned 21) for a DUI.
>>
Meh, it's a free country.
>>
>>27773078
This absolves members of the military of all responsibility, which goes too far.

Anyone who participates in voting legitimizes that process politically -- even if you vote against something, your participation signals acceptance in the process where results counter to your goals are still legitimate from your point of view; after all, you participated knowing it could happen.

There are multiple levels of responsibility at play. Persons who vote and provide political legitimacy to the government. Government workers for their respective roles. And of course, even the lowest military man who accepts and supports the system's edicts.

Rejection and abstention from the entire governmental process, avoiding giving it any legitimacy at all is one of the few ways to rinse one's hands of the issue. To give it no support, outside of ways individuals must support government through coercive means.
>>
>>27773561
Wow this post. I mean i wouldnt pity anyone they bring that upon themselves.

>at a minimum you're losing your knees
Hahah funny you should say that >>27772465

>Picking up a rifle and putting on a uniform does not make you a hero, better than others, or somehow imbue one with great value and worth. It's entirely what you personally do

This x1000. Couldnt put it any better.

>and he's a math-prodigy West Point grad
Meh, officers dont really count...unless its mad dog mattis, but im being impartial.
>>
I could care less about their opinion. Just like how I could care less about some young conservatives pro military bullshit even though they never joined to contribute their cause.

What's especially annoying are vets and military members who act like they're entitled and demand respect like they're a God send. Anyone who joins the military or any other volunteer job isn't entitled to any thing. It's a job you signed up for fully aware of what it entails

You'll find it's mostly the POGs and people who haven't achieved anything that always demand it. If you go to my old battalion you'll find that none of the 0321's seek respect and attention like the majority of the support assholes.
>>
>>27773886
>Could care less

End your life, stupid
>>
>>27773964
>bawwwww: the post
>>
People in the military are welfare queens and the #1 reason everybody should have a gun.

People in the military deserve no respect.
>>
>>27771530
Higher than my opinion of people that can't be bothered to learn the native language of wherever they are.

Sort of like you, OP. I seriously hope English is like your 37th language. Because you're terrible at it.
>>
>>27771765
Well said

>>27771550
Also well said
>>
>>27773818
I agree with the politics you gave, however I'm not suggesting that military personnel are absolved from war crimes or the like, just that there duty is to carry out the will of their country, but to be morally in the right would it be a soldiers duty to then mutiny against his government and people if the democratic decision is immoral by your reasoning? if you are suggesting that every soldier must question the morality and geopolitical impact of their orders then I'm not sure how a practically cohesive military could work with grunts constantly questioning orders, or am I way of base with what you were saying?
>>
>>27774452
retard logic, who's to say English is the language of the place he is
>>
>>27771649
We'll send even more billions of dollars worth of wheat and cash to "enemy" countries before we lower taxes.

Hell, our (any, really) government would rather spend hundreds of millions of dollars to build a facility whose sole purpose is burning money. Literally setting it on fire. Before they give it back to the people.
>>
>>27771729
>still have to have a standing army just in case
>bitch that the standing army is used for dumb shit
>MUST BE THE INDIVIDUAL SOLDIER'S FAULT OUR ELECTED POLITICIANS STUCK THEIR DICK WHERE IT DIDN'T BELONG GUISE REALLY!

What are the alternatives? Have absolutely zero standing military until we've already got enemy soldiers on US soil? That'll go well.

How about just not elect retarded politicians and actually enforce the law on when and where we can send soldiers without an official declaration of war?
>yes I'm implying the War Powers Act needs to be completely scrapped and rewritten
>>
>>27774483
>posting on an American-hosted imageboard where the overwhelming majority of posts are in English
>all administrative posts and instructions are in English
>can't type coherently in English
He is "here" with "here" being 4chan, an English-speaking imageboard hosted in an English-speaking country where almost all content is in English.

It'd be like me going to France and being pissed nobody spoke my language.
>>
>>27771596
>>27771573
>>27771982
Yea. And fuck firefighters and cops too amirite? They volunteered to fight fires. Not my fault they couldn't get into a communications program at college.
>>
>>27774625

Because fighting fires is a morally complex action that can result in you willingly killing people? Comparing soldiers and police to firefighters isn't even close.
>>
>>27774625
Firefighters and cops take calculated risks, much like plumbers who have to go wading through your shit, construction workers in dangerous sites, or factory drones working with heavy machinery. They all take some risk, they all contribute something, and they all get paid for it.

Soldiers, in most countries at present, are in the same boat. There's a slight prospect of risk in the indeterminate future, but mostly they just go to work like anyone else.

At actual, not-just-stomping-on-sandniggers wartime, it's a different story. But when was the last time that happened to your or my country?
>>
>>27772184
I wholeheartedly agree with that. That being said, is someone out there fighting in Syria fighting for or protecting me in any way?
>>
>>27771530
Meh, everyone has their opinions.
>>
>>27774547
Way to sperg out just because you're wrong.
You clearly implied he should learn English because he's from an English speaking country, not on an English speaking website.

The irony of an American moaning at other people for not have perfect second languages is obviously beyond you anyway.
>>
>>27774625
Firefighters actively help the community.
Some grunt out in the sandbox isn't helping me. At all.
>>
Be interesting to see how all you little shitheads change your tune when you have your 9/11. PS: It'll likely be nuclear.
>>
>>27771530
Supporting what military, what veterans, what wars, and for what cause?

Untold millions of people have worn military uniforms and fought under banners, ranging from the lowest thieving and raping dregs of the human race to men of impeccable nobility and virtue. It's entirely situational in nature; being in the military does not make you worthy of respect and support. It's the personal behaviour and character of the man that matters.
>>
>Join the army because I come from a poor family and I want to go to college ( and be the first person in my family to do so)
>A bunch of my friends turn on me
>Rich liberals who had their family pay there way through college
>Poor minorities with full rides who vote socialist
>don't take pride in my service, feel somewhat ashamed for having to join
>Family is extremely proud of me
>yet so many people at my college look down on me
>Even professors
>>
>>27771530
i dont support ALL veterans, cops, firemen, teachers, republicans, democrats, blacks, whites,waitresses, ect.

I respect individuals, judging someones character by a uniform is dumb. i know lots of great guys who are vets, I know even more shitbags.

I don't mind paying for their GI bills and think they should get better VA benefits but respecting someone just cause they have authority or a uniform leads to abuse of power especially when the inevitable dickheads join up.
>>
Man, /k/ sure got edgy in the last few months
>>
>>27771530

it's the only sane position
>>
>>27775819
do what YOU want to do, anon
>>
>>27775819
>leech and steal from taxpayers by murdering for politicians
>wahhh why don't people respect me
>>
>>27771530
They don't bother me. They can support whoever they want.
>>
>>27777326
>signed a contract that included tuition payments, then utilized said benefits
>completed contractual obligation by following orders of polititians that other Americans elected.
Ftfy
You mad that you went 30k in debt for your useless sociology degree while anon got to have fun for 4 years and then get school paid for?
>>
I've been a military contractor for the last 5 years.
Before I started working with the Military I had a lot of respect for the actual people who made up the military and a distrust of the people who led it.

Now I find that with the exception of special warfare and a few niche roles the vast majority of the military is a bunch of dummies.

I'm talking dip spitting college football enjoying F250 whipping dummies. These people are not the best and brightest,they joined because they had no other option. So much domestic violence comes from these dummies and their female dummies at home are equally trashy and dumb..

Luckily war doesnt require too many smart people.
>>
>>27777605
>completed contractual obligation by following orders of polititians that other Americans elected.
>two horse race set up by the same gang of ruling class overlords

>have fun for 4 years
>follow orders
>have a curfew

It's funny how milfags always assume everyone else is up to the gills in college debt when there's something called scholarships and grants that intelligent people can obtain with ease.
>>
>>27773746
>>27773684
and then you retards wonder why everybody hates cops.... You realize in America your job's basically useless and you're just as big of welfare queens as the military right?
>>
>>27774625
Firefighters don't invade other people's countries to fight fires, and everyone hates cops now.
>>
>>27775819
Im in a similar boat anonymous. I have yuppie- im sorry. HAD yuppie friends that all turned on me when they found out I was i joined the military. Im poor wtf did they expect? They didn't have much of a future after highschool like they did, and joining the military was my best option at having a productive life.
>>
File: 1425792147433.gif (1MB, 255x231px) Image search: [Google]
1425792147433.gif
1MB, 255x231px
>>27777757
I've been a soldier for the last 5 years.
Before I started working with military contractors I had a lot of respect for the actual people who made up military contractors and a distrust of the people who awarded them contracts.

Now I find that with the exception of food service and a few niche roles the vast majority of military contractors are a bunch of dummies.

I'm talking shit posting AR thread enjoying Condor wearing dummies. These people are not the best and brightest,they became military contractors because they had no other option. So much thread shitting comes from these dummies and their waifus online are equally trashy and dumb..

Luckily military contracting doesnt require too many smart people.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 640x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 640x533px
>>
>>27779683
Putting your hands in your pockets is seen as highly unprofessional in the military.
Checkmate atheists.
>>
File: 1445853833087.gif (4MB, 288x192px) Image search: [Google]
1445853833087.gif
4MB, 288x192px
>>27779671
>>27777605
>>
>>27771530
As a vet I honestly find it annoying when people convulsively blurt out that they support our troops.
Thank you for your service (probably gonna get that spammed at me now) is equally annoying.
I dont even have a reason why, i just find the whole thing irritating.
Also war hawks. Some fat dumpy middle aged kook "WE SHOULD JUST GO TO WAR WITH _______ RIGHT NOW, SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! KILL EM ALL"
Its always easy to send somebody else to go deal with some bullshit I guess.
When I was in afganistan I used to fantasize about making such people go on a patrol or abandoning them in downtown sangin.

I dont mind people who dont like war or question the government, the government is up to shady shit. But I kinda feel like people who feel compelled to call me baby killer or welfare queen are short sighted or narrow minded and just using me as a proxy to criticize a system that they dont agree with but also dont understaalsoIts thier right to say such things but they are wasting thier effort taking it out on me.
Also i think a lot of them have resentment or regrets that they never joined coupled with envy over the inordinate amount of respect that being a vet brings.
>>
>>27779669
Word. For me it was go to the lumber mill and sweep sawdust for $7.50 an hour for the rest of my life, or join up so I could pay for college. I didnt join out of any great sense of patriotism or duty, i did it because college has essentially become an extortionate "career tax" and aside from the GI bill my only other option was to get 6 digits in debt and spend the rest of my life enslaved by a bank.
Then some kid with a college trust fund and a $500 a month allowance from daddy who knows as long as he scrapes by with C's and D's his daddy's Legal firm will hire him for 80K a year right out of college is acting like its a political choice on my part.
Every yuppie conversation I have had on the subject essentially boils down to "well howcome you werent born into a 100+k a year income family like me? That was stupid. Shame on you"
>>
>>27779918
> did it because college has essentially become an extortionate "career tax" and aside from the GI bill my only other option was to get 6 digits in debt and spend the rest of my life enslaved by a bank.

God forbid you pay for an education. Maybe you should ask for a free house too so you don't get enslaved with a mortgage.

You're no different from the douchebags who deliberately default on their student loans because they believe education should be free. But at least they didn't murder anyone for Bushbama.
>>
>>27779995
His issue is that anything other than poverty slave wage jobs "require" a college degree, and that everyone thinks the same fucking thing.
You know where all the people I graduated with high school are in terms of employment right now, after 4 years and tens of thousand in debt? The same fucking place I was 4 years ago straight out of high school. Shitty entry level jobs paying minimum wage or barely above it.
In part it's their problem because they made shitty decisions, but they didn't need a fucking degree to figure it out.
>>
>>27779869

I'm also annoyed by the support our troops people. Also hated it when my parents/gf/ex wife/whomever asked places if they have a military discount on my behalf.

But I support more wars. I want to fight in another one. There is no feeling like that of victory in battle
>>
>>27780087

If you are smart enough to make a career out of high-paying white collar work, the college sticker price isn't even remotely close to what you'll pay because of grants and scholarship money.

On the other hand, if you aren't smart enough, then pissing away four years and getting blood money to go to college only to end up with a dumb person degree simply means wasted time.

Then there's also the whole moral issue of killing people for politicians for money but then again it's not like dumb animals in group #2 have the intellectual capacity to ponder such questions.
>>
>>27771530
People who support veterans and military after ww2? Fucking idiots. Havent been a single war canada or USA has been involved in since then that had anything to do with them.

>inb4 some shit tier miniscule war with a thousand deaths

if you're autistic enough to join the military during the great peace you deserve to get plugged in some shitty sand bowl fuck fest of a country.
>>
File: infantrypride.jpg (109KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
infantrypride.jpg
109KB, 716x960px
I'll die or kill for you if required. Doesn't even have to be sand-niggers; could just be normal niggers. Doesn't matter who you are; you could be the most Clinton-supporting liberal shitfuck in the entire country, and I'll still take a bullet for you if necessary.

Keep your respect. I don't need or want it.
>>
>>27771530
I feel it's their right to do so if they do believe. Ironically, without those soldiers fighting and dying for that freedom, those smug edgy cunts wouldn't have the freedom to do so, but freedom is absolute.

You can't love freedom only when it coincides with your beliefs
>>
>>27772007
Somebody had Zinn's books for History class.
>>
>>27771908
It's too early to be that edgy. Get yourself a nice cup of tea or something.
>>
>>27780238
>fighting and dying for that freedom
Dear god, do people actually believe this unironically? Please, tell me you're joking. I bet you also think that the brown people on the other side of the world "hate us for our freedoms."
>>
I don't care if they don't care, I joined for purely selfish reasons and thought Afghanistan was a massive waste of time, but did everything I could to get sent there.

What does piss me off are the people who are openly hostile just because you are military, I had some idiot girl calling me a murder once because a friend told her I was military.
>>
>>27771530
Depends. Of course you should support and assist your nation and army when they are in need.
But sometimes your nation and army did some fucked up shit that shouldn't be supported by anyone.

However, I don't think anyone should take it out on the vets (enlisted ones) because they just did what they were told and looked out for their friends. They are the ones who pay the biggest price, because they have to live with what they did.
>>
>>27772465
Damn dude, everyone should read this.
Like, everyone. All those normie shits who gush about vets and how great america is. People should read this.
>>
>>27780153
What about Korea?
>>
>People thinking the US military has protected the American people from a legitimate threat since 1946.
Boot lickers please...
>>
File: 220px-William-Calley.jpg (17KB, 220x329px) Image search: [Google]
220px-William-Calley.jpg
17KB, 220x329px
>>27771530

They're pieces of shit, pure and simple. Anyone who questions this great nation or the people who put their life on the line for our freedoms need to pack their shit and leave
>>
>>27771530
Well depends on the country. Try to imagine how it must have felt for a german in the late 1940ies.
>>
>>27780605
Just add an 'allahu ackbar' to the bottom of your post there and you are the spitting image...

Patriots of your tier are one misfiring neuron away from going full jihadi. Kill yourself.
>>
>>27771530
Children born in a time of peace who are spoiled and know nothing about the hardship men that fought to defend their freedom to live peaceful. It always happens to a nation that has gained peace for a while and entitled children are born who think people in the military are below them.

We really need another world war at this point or else these degenerates are going to destroy society.
>>
Anyone with common sense should notice that poor people are the salt of every military. If all the poor people disappeared, when wouldn't have much of an army.
>>
>>27780705
>we need a war to boost the power of the state to teach people about the delusion of being free
>>
>>27771530
>does not worship the feet of every asshole that sat at a screen piloting a drone for 2 years
sure

>does not acknowledge that those involved joined to protect our borders, regardless of whether or not they were utilized as such
despicable.
>>
>>27782379
>does not acknowledge that those involved joined to protect our borders

Considering how the US military hasn't protected the borders in decades, that just means only idiots sign up.
>>
I appreciate having a strong military, but it has only been used to further Israel's interest and create future enemies to fight in my lifetime. Literally only dumb ass goat fuckers mess with us, but it's because we piss them off thanks to greedy politicians. They are pawns and welfare queens and poor kids who get inflated egos because of it. Before I joined I actually had a dumb ass waiter tell me to thank him for my freedom. But I respect them for joining the military and trying to better themselves. A lot of them are stupid people who need to be told not to shove things up their asses and can't manage their money and the command is turning into a bunch of SJW faggots at the expense of a functioning fighting force.

Source: Officer in the military
>>
Instead of expanding your intellect, you choose to fight and die for people who don't give a shit about you. You die for people who don't give a shit about morals and ethics.
Instead of developing yourself as a person, you carry out exactly what someone else tells you to do or you'll get punished. If that doesn't make you a kek, I don't know what does.
>>
>>27772465
+1
>>
>>27772465
> I done my time for the government and the nation, whether it be bad or good i spent my time in the machine and i feel i have earned my right to my freedoms such as mouthing off to whatever authority or higher up that may be.

This is bullshit, c'mon. You always had that right, this is what makes us "free". You don't have to serve in the army to question authority.
And no, I'm not some kind of anarchist. I just think all authority should be evaluated. If you think you have more right than others to question authority because you server, then you are wrong
>>
>>27772465
>whether it be bad or good i spent my time in the machine and i feel i have earned my right to my freedoms such as mouthing off to whatever authority or higher up that may be.
>free speech is conditional upon service to the state

topkek
>>
since 911 the us military is regarded as something special. before it was very different. people saw it as necessary but the whole hero bullshit is just a clever pr thing nowadays and people fall for it. most human beings are not very intelligent and easily fooled by pr and marketing. the military industrial complex did a good job fooling our nation into this military hero worshiping bullshit. being in the military is just a job as any other job, somebody has to do it.
>>
When I was younger, I was a, "THANK YOU FOR YOU SERVICE" type, but that's changed. I treat every veteran differently based on a few things:

>How they're acting towards me
>How obnoxious they are

When I see some 20-something private wearing his fatigues in public demanding I give him special treatment because he's a veteran, I can't help but laugh. I'm not going to give you a discount because you didn't know what to do after high school so you decided to wash floors for the Marines.

If I see a normal dude who I learn is a veteran, I ask a bit about what he's done. If he was a side gunner in a Huey during Vietnam, I'll make idle chit-chat about what that was like. The same would be true if I learned the guy worked a checkpoint in Iraq or something.

If I learn he was in the first wave on Omaha beach or was in Fallujah, I'll shake his hand and give him the respect I think he deserves.

So it really comes down to how they're acting. If they're acting like a self-entitled cunt, I'll treat them like a cunt. If they're acting like a normal human being, I'll treat them like a normal human being. If they're acting like a normal human being and they did something that I feel was truly heroic, I'll give them the respect that warrants.
>>
>>27771530
I don't really care, they have a right to not give a shit if you served in the military. A lot of people in the military are self-entitled and obnoxious about being in the military when they haven't done anything worth mentioning

Coming from someone in the army
>>
I feel like this thread implies that those in the military give a fuck about what others think of us. Honestly, I personally don't care. I signed up to do a job, I do it well, and I do it to protect my fellow servicemen. My allegiance is to the men and women I work with and that my work protects. Not to you.

AFSC 62E represent
>>
>>27771530
I realized most of the pipe hitters and hadji smokers usually never wore their cammies off work, they drank alot and like to party. The usual response is it's just a job and somebodys gotta do it. So I just buy em a beer and treat em like regular people.

Now and then you get these boot fucks who show up in full cammies telling about their Service, stoically staring with that 1000 yard stare they got at MEPS thinking getting grilled for 2hrs by a di counts them as the same leauge as a E3 11b back from his third pump in shitfuckistan circa 06
>>
>>27782757
>3rd tour
>E3

lmfaofam
>>
>>27771530
thank you for your service
>>
>>27779526

>Butthurt armyfag punk criminal detected.

Go fuck yourself. I saw enough accidents from those idiots driving drunk to keep me from ever cutting someone slack. And they all expected me to let them off because they were military.

I don't care if you're drunk in public or you smoke pot or what the fuck ever. Willfully endangering people based on your own stupidity should absolutely be punished.
>>
>>27782771
Dem duis are a bitch "senpai"
>>
>>27771616
>>27771530
Military fags think they are owed everything. "Bro I served and you should give me this job."
>>
>>27782918
This. Even one on this thread think he 'acquired' the right to speak freely because he served ...dumbfuck milfags
>>
>>27782729

Then maybe milfags should stop saying they stand on the wall to protect us from boogeymen.
>>
>>27771530
I don't support shit. They get payed and benefits. I respect them and what they do, but fuck you if you think I owe them something.
>>
>>27771573
Exactly this. Any other answer is just silly.
>>
>>27782729
Spoken like a dumbfuck. Well done!
>>
>>27774625
Are you retarded? I think that you might literally be mentally challenged. Get some help, kid.
>>
>>27771550
It's certainly not advanced to ignore the worlds problems and not contribute to armed conflict when needed.
>>
I'm fine with active duty people mostly but if you've been out for 5 years and didn't do anything anyway I don't owe you shit. There's a regular at the bar I work in who always wants a discount because he's a "veteran"

Listen up fuck face you sat in an office in germany for your ENTIRE FUCKING MILITARY CAREER. Get lost.
>>
>>27771530
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.
>>
>>27782729
>My allegiance
According to a handy dandy oath your allegiance is to the nation and her peoples.
>>
>>27771530
how does one go about supporting our troops? what is expected from those willing to support them? what do you do OP that helps support the military and veterans?
>>
>>27785219
anyone? anyone? Bueller? anyone?
>>
>>27772255
>These are my "war veterans".

>I am sort of left-wing (though no hipster) and yet I wonder whether or not I should follow the leftist tradition of yore and hail these freedom-fighters as my heroes.

>Should I, dear /k/?

short answer : no.
long answer : fuck no.

Greeting from France, we have the same shit here. Some commies thinking they're hot shit. Some wannabees cowards that took arms when the last german fled France.
And some "leftists" who were friends with Vichy and nazis.
And jews who jewed everyone, including themselves.

Search the truth, not THEIR truth.
>>
>>27771530
Everyone supports the troops and veterans. We pay for their salaries and benefits.
The way I see it, they're just doing a job. Sure, the job is dangerous. But they chose it.
They choose the job they want, they make money and get benefits, so why the fuck is it so necessary for everyone to constantly remind them how loved they are?
>>
>>27786438

Because the government needs to use vets as a PR proxy to drum up public support for their next pointless war, anon.
>>
>Ctrl+F "free"
>26
>>
>>27771556

Support the war effort, but not the war,
beyond those who die so I may live,
be no sacrifice I value more.
>>
>>27786800
>Support the war effort, but not the war
>I don't support the government but I support the dumb animals who volunteer to murder for the government
>>
>>27786949
Yes I do support them. They go in, many of them believing they have no other options. They don't choose their battles, only the flag they fight under. Hoping to get skills for use later in life, or maybe even hoping they die with honor so they don't have to worry about their future.

And for those who join because they have a simple blood lust, some of them might just want to get the killing out of their systems before they're released to society. If they're going to kill with the thought that any fight's a good fight, they might as well do it for their country's cause.

Both are respectable in my opinion.
>>
>>27787137

So just like the dumb animals you praise, you outsourced your morality to the government.
>>
>>27787137
>And for those who join because they have a simple blood lust, some of them might just want to get the killing out of their systems before they're released to society. If they're going to kill with the thought that any fight's a good fight, they might as well do it for their country's cause.

Support your Dirlewanger battalion
>>
>>27787147
Something tells me you started reading, stopped at "Yes I do support them," and Immediately suggested I was brainwashed by the government instead of reading the whole thing I just said.
>>
>>27787182
I did say you might as well do it for your country's cause. I don't agree with what the SS did, but they did exactly what I described, didn't they?

They wanted to get the killing out of them, that I can understand. The cause they did it for, I won't.
>>
>>27787282

Funny how you dive into the righteousness of causes when denouncing the SS, even as you support the troops regardless of the total lack of righteousness of the current shitty wars.
>>
>>27787363
I kinda walked into it. I'd rather stand by what I say than pretend I never said it - even if I made it too broad. I don't think I was really in a position to narrow it to what I really meant. Even if I was, I doubt I'd have the right words.
>>
>>27787459
>too broad

Translation: I support war criminals when they're on "my side".
>>
>>27771530
I don't give a shit if they like me or not. They don't have to. I do however hate veterans that think they're owed something.
>>
>>27787532
Remember when I said "I don't think I was really in a position to narrow it to what I really meant"? I was talking about narrowing what I said down to exclude any and all war crimes. I don't support war criminals no matter what side their on.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.