[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFP scopes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Variable power scopes.jpg (169KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Variable power scopes.jpg
169KB, 1024x768px
So does /k/ know of any first focal plane scopes that are in the mid range, and have a BDC for AR-15s?

I was looking around at scopes, and even the ones with BDC tend to have SFP reticles.
>>
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_4_14X44_FFP_Scope_with_308_p/pa4-14xffp308.htm
>>
>>27567246
Norden crs is the only answer. Vcog is pretty good too, but doesn't illuminate the entire reticle. Excellent glass though
>>
>>27567276
>>27567278
Before we go further I guess I should have made it clear. I am not looking for a lot of magnification. I am looking for something with 1-2X up to 8x at most.

This will be on a more tactical rifle, and not a precision one.
>>
>>27567276
It's funny how the inventor of the horse shoe reticle went to the major scope companies and offered to license his reticle, and now everyone makes poor copies to avoid patent issues.
>>
>>27567292
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Platinum_Series_1_8X24_Front_Focal_Pl_p/pa1-8x24ffp-acss.htm

Though that begs the question why not just move the magnification to the one you need for ranging if you're using a 1-6x...
>>
>>27567325
>sfp vs ffp
Well, basic reason is that BDC and ranging should always be as accurate and repeatable as possible. SFP is fine for a duplex reticle (the lines stay the same thickness and don't obscure the target at greater distances) but anything with multiple defined aiming points needs to be FFP to work properly.

>>27567292
A 1-6x will give you enough range for >600 yard shots. Get good glass and have decent eyesight and you can extend that out even further.
>>
>>27567325
I would rather not do that if I don't have too. It would be nice to see something and know right away how close or far it is without having to come off target too adjust the range of the scope.
>>
>>27567309
I am pretty sure that guy works for Primary arms. They also made a reticle that Trijicon uses.
>>
>>27567325
The entire point of first focal plane is so you don't have to change magnification to range/windage. Second focal plane for ranging is a joke on a carbine, especially in a situation where you have to fire it in anger.
>>
>>27567360
Honestly I am only worried about 500-600 meters at most. This will be a 5.56 gun.
>>
>>27567378
No, the horse shoe reticle was patented by ed verdugo. He went to trijicon and the other major players and offered to work with them to design a variable ffp optic that was good for cqb and ranging. They weren't interested at the time but now that he's had to build them himself, everyone starts copying the concept of a true 1x variable. All of the horse shoe reticles are copies of eds design.

I would love to see trijicon take their vcog and put eds reticle in it, it has truly amazing glass.

Disclaimer: I've been a user of the crs 1-4x and 1-6x for a few years. Ed really got screwed by the optics companies.
>>
>>27567459
I found some Bushnells with a decent reticle, and some FFP. are they good scopes?
>>
>>27567459
>>27567503
NVM, what makes bushnell so expensive?
>>
>>27567503
The bushnell ffp 1-4 is actually made at the same factory in Korea where my first gen crs1-4 was made. AFAIK, after crs stopped getting manufactured there bushnell started paying them to produce it with a different reticle.

It's not a bad scope, but if it doesn't have the lock which holds the tube in place (after you zero you tighten the lock), you can get point of impact shift. I haven't played with the bushnell version in a very long time, so it may have changed.
>>
>>27567577
Do you mean that Bushnell 1-4x PCL scope?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.