[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nogunz and broke as fuck here. Want to buy a .22 without breaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: P1070073r-1024x684.jpg (130KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
P1070073r-1024x684.jpg
130KB, 1024x684px
nogunz and broke as fuck here. Want to buy a .22 without breaking the bank. The bank is VERY easy to break. What should I be looking at? Bolt action? Single shot? Is semi-auto totally out of the question if I want to stay cheap? Should I look at used? Is a pawn shop a bad idea?
>>
marlin 795

very good rifle, can be had for around $150 give or take
>>
>>27562220
Pawnshops are like any other used place. You gotta check the stock. Some have ok deals, some are selling lemons.
>>
Marlin model 60. I saw a few recently going anywhere from $70-135

You can usually find them online for cheap.
>>
Don't buy a firearm now. Focus on more important financial decisions to get yourself into a better position in the future so you can enjoy the hobby. If you're persistent, get a break action pellet gun.
>>
>>27562236
not a fan of the 795- super cheap feeling. if money is of utmost concern, a model 60 would be a better choice. its about the same price, no cheap syn stock, and no mags to buy
>>27562220
what is your exact-down-to-the-penny budget?
>>
>>27562265
rent and other bills take up probably all but oh, 300 dollars of my monthly take, before food. Food budget depends on whether I feel like eating shitty and cheap or REALLY shitty and cheap. My work schedule tends to fuck with me too leading to me eating a lot on the go (unhealthy and expensive) because my boss' idea of a work schedule is 'barely restrained sociopathy', unsurprising as he's a former Marine.
>>
File: twenny twos.jpg (739KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
twenny twos.jpg
739KB, 1800x1200px
I don't know, some kind of surplus .22 trainer maybe? Some of the Czech and slav surplus models are pretty cheap, under $300 for sure.

M-69 and WZ-48 come to mind.
>>
File: l_littlebadger_0_0.jpg (20KB, 800x512px) Image search: [Google]
l_littlebadger_0_0.jpg
20KB, 800x512px
>>
>>27562316
even $100 a month adds up quickly if youre patient.
in any case, marlin model 60. its the type of gun you can go back to for fun years later, even you have other guns.
10/22 is another gun like that (plus an enormous aftermarket) but you have to buy mags.
>>
File: EDIT6.jpg (1MB, 1944x1296px) Image search: [Google]
EDIT6.jpg
1MB, 1944x1296px
Wait until Black Friday and look for deals if you don't want to buy used. 10/22 for under 200 bucks. If you're ok with used, just troll gunbroker for cheap 22s and do research on the models you find to see if you'd like them. I was considering buying a cheap old marlin 81 for like 70 bucks before I just said fuck it and bought a 10/22 TD when they first came out like 3 years ago.

Make sure you can actually buy ammo before buying the gun though.

>>27562328
WZ48s are uncommon these days (they've always were uncommon, but now they aren't available on the primary market) and it's a gun you want to inspect and even test fire before buying if possible. Last primary market price was 250. I can imagine that they go for more in the secondary market now, unless it's one in not great condition.
>>
>>27562356
second this , I've seen marlin 60s at pawn shops for sub 100 prices, not beautiful, and maybe needing a little work but definitely serviceable.
10/22s are the shit though, if Jamal isnt about to bust up in your shit id hold off to save up for one.
>>
you should also check out walmart and dicks. walmart has there guns on clearance occasionally, you never know until you go and look.
dick's also had some sale recently, i dont think it was nationwide but there were some really good deals (i think 10/22 were $180ish, and these were multicam stock ones)
>>
>>27562220
The Ruger 10/22 has been called the 800 pound gorilla of the semi auto .22s for sometime now, and with good reason. As others have mention, it has a ton of after market options and a long history of reliability. I wouldn't doubt if 10/22's have taken more critters than any other rifle in the US.

Save up and get one. They are as inexpensive or expensive as you want to get and I never met a person who didn't love owning one.
>>
>>27562220
marlin 795
>light as fuck
>micro grove barrel
>cheap reliable 30 round mags
>last shot hold open
>bolt release
>put roughly 10k rounds thru mine and never been cleaned and has only ever had one stove pipe
>also nothing better than showing a ruger fanboy your cheapass gun has better features than theirs thats they paid 300-500 for. poor fags unite
>picked up mine for 110 last black friday
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.