[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so according to some amerilards the Soviets 'won' in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: T-64a_01.jpg (24KB, 580x483px) Image search: [Google]
T-64a_01.jpg
24KB, 580x483px
so according to some amerilards the Soviets 'won' in Afghanistan?

>huge, one sided 'kill ratio' in favor of the Soviets, check
>enormous civilian population BTFO,check
>Soviet army not operationally defeated, check
>Negotiated withdrawal, Soviet client state remains but is eventually overrun, check

This is what Vietnam revisionists actually believe
>>
They kept Afghanistan in state of near anarchy.
Vietnam became commie afterwords.
>>
>>27555223
The afgha goverment outlasted the Soviets.
>>
>>27555231
It's still totally fucked.
>>
File: then_now_06.jpg (85KB, 500x752px) Image search: [Google]
then_now_06.jpg
85KB, 500x752px
>>27555168

They succeeded in turning Afghanistan into the shithole it is today. It urks me that people unironically try to blame the US for this, and just ignore the fact that the Soviets were going around bombing people indiscriminately.
>>
File: 1415251324892.jpg (100KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
1415251324892.jpg
100KB, 640x429px
>>27555260
Still better. Only the country side was in mayor problems.

Untill the soviets got rekt and the muhj decided to end the comie afghan goverment.

>>27555276
You do know the CIA baited them in?

And remember the soviet-afghan war was pure COIN.

Vietnam was a combination of conventional and coin battles.

And the soviet troops that were commited to afghanistan were in a limited maner.
>>
File: mjs.jpg (39KB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
mjs.jpg
39KB, 480x324px
>you will never shoot down an Mi-24 with a FIM-92 for your mujahideen brothers

why live
>>
>>27555276
Those are some seriously cherry picked images.
My dad was in Afghanistan in the early 70s (was travelling in India/Pakistan and wanted to check out the hash) and according to him the place suffered worse poverty than India. He said the people were decent though, treated you with respect even if they didn't want your money, unlike the Pakistanis and Indians.
>>
>>27555830
>Those are some seriously cherry picked images
Implying that's not the case

http://www.businessinsider.com/astonishing-photos-of-prewar-afghanistan-show-everyday-life-in-peaceful-kabul-2013-2?op=1&IR=T

It was mostly the cities that had it better, the country side almost looked the same.
>>
>>27555341
>And the soviet troops that were commited to afghanistan were in a limited maner.

HA
>>
>>27556309
Want me to tell you why?
>>
>>27555391
>Wanting to take Hind off the future surplus market
Muslims everybody
>>
>>27555168

>the soviet union coincidently collapsed shortly after the withdrawal from Afghanistan

>The only long term consequences in the united states of the withdrawal from Vietnam was some angst and a shitload of cheap, right wing action movies from carolco and golan globus..usually starring chuch norris.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.