[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USMC Could Play Major Role In U.K. Carrier Operations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: UIFrKUj.jpg (138KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
UIFrKUj.jpg
138KB, 1200x800px
http://aviationweek.com/defense/us-marines-could-play-major-role-uk-carrier-operations

>Senior officers in both the U.S. Marine Corps and British Royal Navy agree that Marine Corps Lockheed Martin F-35B Joint Strike Fighters (JSF) will operate regularly from the Royal Navy’s new aircraft carriers, HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales.

>A British officer closely involved in the F-35B program, though, acknowledges that if the navy wants to “stretch the deck”—test the carrier’s ability to support its full design complement of aircraft—it will have to involve the Marines, because the U.K.’s 48 aircraft will not sustain an air wing of more than 30 aircraft for even a short test. But that test is not firmly on the schedule yet and is described by the Royal Air Force as “aspirational.”

The USMC could deploy a full time F-35B squadron on the Royal Navy carriers.

Not like a one time thing, but permanently.

Opinions? How does that affect the Marines?
>>
So are those british carriers basically just slightly larger LHAs? similar to how the America Class work?

Do the british carriers have well decks?
>>
>>27544891
Britfags
C U C K E D
U C K E D
C K E D
K E D
E D
D
>>
File: F-35B.jpg (203KB, 970x1280px) Image search: [Google]
F-35B.jpg
203KB, 970x1280px
>>27544891

This is pretty standard ops. It's happened in the past, it'll happen in the future.

Marines have done it before and they'll just do it as they always have. It won't affect them at all, this is nothing more than certifying it for a new platform.

And good for it. Cooperation with allies is good. Bear in mind it'll take the UK time to build F-35 numbers up, so this is a great way for the carrier to work with fuller amounts and train it up to be used to that in the meantime, while also warranting the F-35 more operational hours under its belt for everyone.

Win win solution for USMC and RN.

Essentially, it's a complete "non-story". You can find stories of squadrons operating from every person's navy for decades. NATO is closely linked.
>>
File: k7450bd6pixbyjdkoawl.jpg (237KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
k7450bd6pixbyjdkoawl.jpg
237KB, 1200x900px
i dont see why the marines would get involved with british carrier operations. the marines got their own supercarries
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>27544910
> well deck
> BritShit carrier
Lel, no. And it's a "carrier" that can only deploy 2 kinds of craft.
>>
>>27544934

The articles says the current LHDs and LHAs need to be retrofitted to handle the F-35B and the process to do it on all of them will be slower than the rate of delivery for the F-35s.

So instead of waiting for the whole process, they can put pilots to work faster by having a squadron on the british carriers.
>>
>>27545071
>The articles says the current LHDs and LHAs need to be retrofitted to handle the F-35B

Murrica class dont need anything, wasp needs minor stuff
>>
>>27544891
when is the UK going to play a major role in UK carrier operations?
>>
>>27545128

>tfw NATO will never be disbanded

I hope you're enjoying my tax dollars at work you fucks
>>
File: 150518-M-ZZ999-001.jpg (1MB, 5760x3240px) Image search: [Google]
150518-M-ZZ999-001.jpg
1MB, 5760x3240px
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.