[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly is eye protection needed when shooting? I can understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: safety-eyewear.jpg (120KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
safety-eyewear.jpg
120KB, 500x422px
Why exactly is eye protection needed when shooting? I can understand the use of ear protection because it's fairly obvious why it's needed, but what exactly endangers your eyes?
>>
>>27541549
Seeing is kind of useful, that's why window licker.
>>
>>27541549
dirt and debris as well as ricochets, or as i like to call them, "rock-oh-shit(s)".
>>
one day i was shooting my px4 in 9mm at the range without eyepro

of course a casing would fly out the chamber, directly into my eyeball. cutting and burning it at the same damn time.

wear fucking eyepro queer
>>
>>27541549
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/24/oakleys-awesome-save-vision/
>>
>>27541610

>a story that obviously never happened

I'm not saying you shouldn't wear eye protection,
but that scratch obviously wasn't from a ricochet.

Just another internet liar.
>>
Many reasons, all for the same purpose though.. To protect your eyes.

As already stated here, debris, dirt, even casings can get in your eye while shooting. Also if you're shooting a semi automatic weapon, depending on the model, there's a possibility of gas getting blown into your eyes. And the big bad scary reason is just in case your weapon blows up while shooting. So you don't get pieces of the exploding weapon in your eyes
>>
OP here, thanks for clearing all this up for me. I haven't had to deal with any of these problems and mostly shoot manual action guns, but now that you say it all the issues seem pretty obvious.
>>
>>27541686
glad we could be of some assistance.

spread the info op, so niggas stop losing sight out there.
>>
Rule 1: Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
>>
>>27541549
Because it is cheap and your eyes are expensive.
>>
>>27541549
Just wear eye nigga, you nigger.
>>
>>27541549
>using a weapon that shoots projectiles at targets through tiny explosions inches from your eyes
nobody needs eyepro until they do
>>
I was shooting next to a buddy and his G3 brass chucker. First case to hit me glanced off my shooting glasses, second one a little while later came out hard enough to cut skin and left a decent little lump right at my left temple. Still searching for a good pair of sunglasses that double as range wear but I also just make sure to have a couple of cheap pairs around and in the range bag.
>>
Is it too edgy to wear ballistic goggles instead of shooting glasses?
>>
Man I just wear my glasses.

I've been doing fine thus far
>>
File: image.jpg (204KB, 775x1189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204KB, 775x1189px
>>27543814
Of coarse not
>>
>>27543835
Fuck off four eyes
>>
>>27543139
you could also move to his left and avoid dealing with his brass catapult altogether
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.