[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How operator are the ANGLICO units? From what I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: ANGLICO_Team_in_Iraq.jpg (667KB, 2032x1352px) Image search: [Google]
ANGLICO_Team_in_Iraq.jpg
667KB, 2032x1352px
How operator are the ANGLICO units? From what I've read they seem mid-tier.
>>
literally who?
>>
>>25392785
Naval/marine Forward observers
>>
>>25392734
Basically FOs who work with foreign/coalition units?
>>
>>25392818
I just went on their wikipedia page, they totally wrote it themselves.

>There are a limited number of JTACs in Iraq, and arguably the most sought out, are from Marine Corps ANGLICO units. The Marine Corps JTAC School is one of the most academically challenging schools within the military, with unusually high standards. To pass this school, a JTAC candidate must successfully coordinate 14 missions with live aircraft, and pass three intense written examinations.
>>
>>25392734
>4 soldiers
>2 guns
>observers
am I missing anything?
>>
>>25392818

So they're like force recon?
>>
>>25392862
IDK, they are basically Army 13Fs unless they graduate JTAC school.
>>
>>25392889
I don't know what that means
>>
Stationed in the same area as Anglico MARSOC and Ricky Recon and see them all at the chow hall everyday. Not impressed with Anglico I know a pussy ass pussy who went to that unit and he hasn't gotten booted yet so it must be easy
>>
>>25392898
they are assigned to line units in the marine corps and call in artillery
>>
>>25392913
Any marine can do that literally. It's in the write in the rain book back cover lol
>>
I a Ranger from 3rd battalion, 75th Infantry Regiment. I've only liaised with one ANGLICO.

He was a special forces soldier if there ever was one. Tom was a concrete wall. I bet no one on my entire detail could have kicked his ass. What a monster.

Roger, he was airborne forward observer. That was his job. He did it well.
>>
>>25392913

Apparently they are assigned at the MEU level and not line units, my bad. Most Marine JTACs I work with are Pilots so I don't know much about the Anglicos.
>>
They're high speed potatos who graduate a potato tier school with egos larger than Chesty Pullers' nuts. It's fucking easy, you can even get their fucking manual online.

Now, getting into ANGLICO, some of the Marines there are squared the fuck away and go to some very oper8tor schooling, but most of the guys worth a damn take it up a notch and actually BECOME operators.

TL;DR they're generally an aggressive group of individuals who get whispered sweet nothings into their ears about being super elite dooper call for fire gods when all the real badasses tend to gravitate to MARSOC soon after finding out they hate the shitbags stuck in the FSCC.
>>
>>25392734
ANGLICO is fucking gay. Seriously the worst dudes ive ever worked with.
>>
>>25392913
You miss the most important part, they do everything a non potato marine can do...BUT have the largest ego's of any marine in the fleet. They seriously think they're force recon or something.
>>
Apparently you have a collection of respondents who have never encountered ANGLICOs.

I am no fan of the Marines but I am obligated as a paratrooper to say ANGLICOs are some of the best America has to offer.
>>
>>25392734
Brother was in ANGLICO. Said training wasn't too rough but he got to work with SEALs and Rangers as well as afghan army without actually having to be specop. Sounded kinda cool
>>
>>25393886
You've never actually dealt with them downrange have you?
>>
>>25394001
No. I have not.
>>
>>25393783
Sweet anecdote bro
>>
>>25392951
How do pilots call in air support. Are they the ones inna observer planes calling down arty and shit?
>>
>>25393810
Aren't force recon being phased out I favor of MARSOC though?
>>
>>25394044
Maybe its because im a mortarman and I actually have a grasp of IDF but these dudes suck for the amount of hype they get. A few of us in 81's got to go to JTAC and could pretty much do everything they could. We had a total of 10 marines at a patrol base with a platoon of ANA and we had to run 4 posts with 2 patrols a day continuously. These ANGLICO prima donna's we inherited didnt want to help with post and they ate all the good food we had. I may be biased but fuck those niggas. They dont even jump anymore, all the jump slots go to reserve ANGLICO.
>>
>>25392940
You're either completely ate the fuck up or old as hell, and still partially ate the fuck up.
>>
>>25394135
The Corps is struggling to figure out the whole Force/MARSOC conundrum right now.
>>
>>25392734
Is that an EOtech atop a carrying handle?

Dear god how do you even get a fucking weld with that.
>>
>>25394176
that pic was from back in the day.
>>
>>25394148
What does ate the fuck up mean
>>
>>25394187
Wasn't the M16A4 with the flat-top receiver introduced in like 1994 though?
>>
>>25394189
If you're the guy I'm replying to you should know exactly what that means.

If not, it means your shit is so fucked up you're probably rocking an extra chromosome.
>>
>>25392734

They're just a bunch of 0861's and 0621's who happen to be jump qualified.

They have a reserve detachment near me that was recently stood up. They can't get enough bodies through their training pipeline to make the unit combat effective.

So they get a good amount of training and education, but they aren't "operator".
>>
>>25394234

No, A2s were still used in the early years of Iraq
>>
>>25393810

You know what's even worse is all that retarded bullshit starts at the schoolhouse.

I swear to fucking god if I have to hear another dumb bitch say he "drops bombs and makes moms" or "drop warheads on foreheads" I'm going to suck the lead out of the muzzle of a M9.

Holy fucking christ they get like, 18-19 year old kids, throw them through a crash course of call for fire where they retain very little of it just to get the OTJ training in the fleet and inflate their fucking heads the entire time with all kinds of stupid bullshit about being so grunt gangster and shittalking all the other arty MOS's.

Some of the instructors are great guys but god damn does that culture promote the dumbest motherfuckers so quickly into positions where they have so little leadership development.

Honestly would rather get hazed by salty cannoneers than listen to that horseshit anymore.
>>
>>25394633
This shit applies everywhere, look at the SEALs
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.