[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

>Mfw many people on /k/ hate expensive guns because they can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 31

>Mfw many people on /k/ hate expensive guns because they can't afford them.

Just admit it, it's all about you guys being Nugget owning poorfags that can't spend more than a couple of hundred on a new gun.

That's why anytime someone mentions a Sphinx or a HK, you get a ton of poorfags criticizing the price.
>>
HK are great guns, but ive heard enough stories of their horrible customer disservice to stay away.

Not even poorfag. None of my guns are under $1,000 and are mostly top tier manufacturers.

But I think HK are just overpriced and poorly serviced.
>>
HK: because you suck and we hate you
>>
>>22814422
>any legitimate reason to buy a gun for over 1000 when guns under 800 exist for just as much value and quality.

yeah no, not all of us are financially insecure tactical tools
>>
>>22814460

>Urr durr I will buy a Fiat Punto over a BMW because the Fiat also has 4 wheels and does the same shit as the BMW!!!
>>
>>22814422

I think it is clearly case by case. Kimberly is expensive and it blows so I will call it overpriced shit. HE is expensive and decent so I will simply call it overpriced. SIG is expensive but worth it (in my opinion) so I would call it a high quality item. Glock is cheap and good so I call it the best. All of these are opinions and preferences though.
>>
>>22814503
Wow auto correct. Kimber and HK.
>>
>>22814460
>LOOK AT ME AND ALL THE MONEY I SPENT
>>
File: 1407390063865.png (33KB, 387x271px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1407390063865.png
33KB, 387x271px
>>22814422
I can afford most of the guns out there. I just refuse to pay for something like a tavor when I can have something like a an AUG. Also a gun of equal value would be much better purchase like a really nice AR with top of the lone glass on top or a SCAR.

No the only thing I am really sour grapes about is people with nice rare stuff that require licenses or tax stamps. Such as under 16 inch barrel weapons. The things I would do for a PKM. I could see that draining my wallet really quick with all the fun I would have with that.
>>
>>22814422
buying guns because they are expensive instead of because they work, enjoy your gold plated deagle brand deagle jerk wad, i'm perfectly comfortable with my Beretta.
>>
>>22814527
>top of the line

Auto correct is not being cheeki breeki
>>
Law of diminishing returns.

>200 bucks get you a High Point C9
>500 bucks get you a Glock 17.
>800 bucks gets you a Sig 226.
>1200 bucks gets you some fancy HK 9mm.
>2000 bucks gets you a Sphinx or something.

All of these are functional guns that will go bang when you pull the trigger. But at a point; which you determine, there isn't a need to get that slightly better feature.
>>
>>22814503
>Kimberly is expensive and it blows
dose she charge by the hour or by the bj?
>>
>>22814531
No, you spend more money on the quality of the gun.

For example, comparing a CZ with a Sphinx is like comparing a Hi-Point with a SIG. The Sphinx has a superior quality and that will make me buy it.

If I would just spend money on cheaper things because they do the same shit as a more expensive thing I would be living under a fucking bridge inside a cardboard box because it functions the same as a house.
>>
>>22814541
>comparing a CZ with a Sphinx is like comparing a Hi-Point with a SIG
this better be bait

if not read >>22814534
>>
>>22814546

Bait? I have a CZ 75 SP01 Shadow and had to decide between a SIG P210 and a Sphinx 3000.

The Sphinx 3000 was miles away from the CZ that I own in both finish, quality and materials. You are the one that doesn't know what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>>22814546
agreed
> cz n sphinx
similar mkay
> hi point n sig
wut they arent even

I d-dont even

> blood boil
>>
>>22814551
>tard can't into analogy
The difference between Sphinx 3000 and CZ is NOT comparable to the difference between Hi-Point and SIG
You're the one that need to get your fucking head together
>>
>>22814464
correct
>>
>>22814570
In terms of finish and quality? Yes, almost comparable.
>>
>>22814577
Only about as comparable to your mid-life crisis
>>
>>22814581
Go grab a CZ and a Sphinx 3000 and compare it.

Oh wait, you don't own either one.
>>
>>22814541
>For example, comparing a CZ with a Sphinx is like comparing a Hi-Point with a SIG.

These hasty generalizations though

>If I would just spend money on cheaper things because they do the same shit as a more expensive thing I would be living under a fucking bridge inside a cardboard box because it functions the same as a house.

Im going to assume this is all b8 at this point but here we go;

Cheaper=/=shit
Extremely expensive=/=best

and making another hasty generalization about a cardboard box being the same functionally as a house? now you're just grasping at straws, i almost legitimately feel insulted by your examples because you very obviously either have no clue what you're talking about or have no comprehension of the value of a dollar.
>>
>>22814422
Just buy a Glock.

Like really. If /k/ would just buy a Glock 99% of the problems would go away.
>>
>>22814585
I don't need to compensate for my skills, pleb
Good luck justifying your original retard claim.
>>
>>22814602
>>22814592
Poorfags the bunch of you.
>>
>>22814609
>try to lay out logical argument
>all i get is ad-hom

Yep I'm insulted, do trolls even try anymore?
>>
File: kek.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kek.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>22814541
>>22814551
>>22814577
>>22814585
>>22814609
>>
>>22814599
This is what Glocktards and their one remaining hand actually think
>>
File: 6.jpg (2MB, 2125x3027px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6.jpg
2MB, 2125x3027px
>>22814609
a fool and his money are easily parted

again like>>22814534 said

law of diminishing returns, eventually it just doesnt matter how much money you dump into something, a semi auto handgun is still a semi auto handgun, the rollmark or logo makes no difference.
>>
>>22814541
>>22814551
>>22814577
>>22814609
>>22814585
>I get the most expensive guns because I can!
>The price tag equates to quality!
>Dont agree with me? youre just poor! (further screaming from ivory tower)

You remind me of people who justify buying polo tee shirts and Beats by Dre
>>
>>22814644
>>The price tag equates to quality!

It actually does with several guns.

But since you have never touched a gun worth more than a couple of hundred, you will never know.
>>
>>22814464
>Hey look guys, I spent a shitload more for a fancier shell on the same machine
>>
>>22814656
That's what poorfags like to say while they drive away with their shitty cars.

Man, you guys sure love to make excuses for not being able to afford more expensive shit.
>>
>>22814649
>It actually does with several guns.
at what point does the shinier bang prove anything?

because I'm pretty sure the bad guy will die from a hipoint, just like he will a glock, or with a Sphinx.

>But since you have never touched a gun worth more than a couple of hundred, you will never know.
>everyone who disagrees with me is a poorfag
>making an attack on the person on an anonymous image board

I could be a millionaire or the busboy at red lobster, neither will make the points i make any less valid.
>>
>>22814649
>It actually does with several guns.
Yeah, until you hit diminishing returns. And as far as current market goes 1k is more than enough. At least for pistols.

>But since you have never touched a gun worth more than a couple of hundred, you will never know.
>Man, you guys sure love to make excuses for not being able to afford more expensive shit.
With all that money you spent on guns instead of ammo and training, you've never even shot your precious snowflake enough. You will never know.

>yfw I did better than people with a Kimbers/SIGs using a fucking stock M&P in a class
>>
I used to think that after a certain point how expensive something was didn't change the quality; until I did a drive by with my korth 9mm from my rolls royce phantom. Light years better than shooting a hi point from a 1996 acura..

poor niggers itt be hating.

Captcha edgerepo refufes
>>
>>22814663
>hat's what poorfags like to say while they drive away with their shitty cars.
I'm not a car person, and theres no need for me to dump a bunch of cash into something that i dont give a shit about. you like chocolate? good for you, im not going to spend a shit ton of cash on swiss imports just because.

>Man, you guys sure love to make excuses for not being able to afford more expensive shit.
Man, you financially insecure people sure like to reaffirm yourselves in wasting so much money in trivial things just so you can laugh at people who have less
>>
>>22814688
I won't buy a Fiat because it's not RWD
I won't buy Swiss chocolate because I go to Belgium for mine
I buy Belgian beer over other shit cos I'm there buying chocolate
I bought a Sig because I don't like the feel of polymer frames

Do you need to do the same? Fuck no. Do I give a shit if you disapprove? Same answer
>>
>>22814698
>Do you need to do the same? Fuck no. Do I give a shit if you disapprove? Same answer
>said the person who started to shit on others for spending less in the first place, under false assumption
>dat damage control
>>
File: vlBBN.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
vlBBN.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>22814698
>makes an entire thread talking about how he hates the poor people of /k/ complaining about his prized gun
>suddenly doesn't care for our approval

I'm not as frustrated as I am disappointed
>>
>>22814714
>>22814719
Actually I'm not the guy you were arguing with- I just jumped in for shits and giggles
>>
File: 1389865427758.png (12KB, 1313x125px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1389865427758.png
12KB, 1313x125px
>>22814422
People have been public banned for troll posts like this before.
>>
File: 1376285175313.png (73KB, 191x210px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376285175313.png
73KB, 191x210px
>>22814723
>>
>>22814698
and you elitism suddenly drained as you realize the gun crowed in /k/ for the most part is about function over high price status symbols.
>guy spends 50000 on a full retard gun, shit thats cool.
>guy spends 2000 on a pistol that dose exactly what any Glock, Sig, Beretta, Colt can, ie no additional reliability no additional ammo capacity, no additional accuracy, no real additional benefit functionally, and wants to act like hes king shit, nig you got ripped the fuck off.
>>
File: 1377301188338.png (239KB, 813x407px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1377301188338.png
239KB, 813x407px
>>22814728
>Mods being there when you need them
>ever
>>
>>22814740
Well its up to people that care enough to report something to get them here...me I pretty neutral about the OPs trollery...at least its /k/ related.
>>
>>22814540
Well he said it autocorrected from Kimber, so I doubt it'll even work for an hour straight
>>
>>22814728
So truth is bannable offense? Fucking poorfags and their slavshit.
>>
>>22814823
fucking rich fags and their tacticool shit
>>
>>22814422
I thought this as well but after buying a benelli and sako in one go I realized I will never take these out to the field and like hell if i will do sporting competitions.

They're gone now and I have bought a milsurp Mauser which honestly gives more bang than the buck. (Plus it shoots straighter)
>>
HK are a bunch of LEO bootlickers.
oh you are a civie? fuck you. buy our inferior overpriced VP9, USP, etc. specifically meant for civies. you want the LEO/military version? nope, too bad, take it or leave it.
>>
File: 153_001.jpg (517KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
153_001.jpg
517KB, 1024x749px
>>22814823
Trolling is and if youre spouting the "truth" in an officious manner then you might get banned.
Thats just how it is.
Btw I think sphinxes are the bees tits.
I cant afford one though and if I could Id probably buy an SVI instead.
>>
>>22814684
I would rather have an integra unless i could sell the rolls
Phantoms are ugly as hell and an pristine Type-R is worth its weight in gold
>>
Why do you guys even respond to such obvious bait?
>>
>>22814948
It's fun seeing people with expensive precious snowflakes butthurt and getting BTFO
>>
>>22814422
HK - Older stuff has interesting mechanics and awesome accuracy provided it isn't shot out ex: P9S, newer stuff has boring mechanics and the old hk price ex: VP9 / USP

Sphinx - one of the Many Many CZ clones out there, and one of the best clones in current production. That said they tend to be a bit of unicorn in terms of finding one to fingerfuck, and combine that with 1k for a CZ clone and you get a lot of wary people, that would suggest you just find a pre-Model B CZ75 or old TZ-75.
>>
>>22814422
is that a pic of that pony loving faggot that builds ak's in his kitchen?
>>
File: baer.jpg (2MB, 2241x2113px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
baer.jpg
2MB, 2241x2113px
If you can, why not. It is why I bought a Les Baer. It is not my do it all from OC in the woods to CCW in the city to range toy.

I don't hate on other folks, I just like the finer things in life. There is a night and day difference between a bottom barrel 1911 and a semi-custom hand built one. Anyone who tells you otherwise has never had their hands on a high end 1911 to compare.

Would I buy a brand new HK? probably not, 1000+ for a plastic gun is pants on head retarded. I have owned HK products I bought used at a good price (always under 500).

It is just perspective, although mine may differ from yours.

Unlike OP I also really don't give a fuck. I am excited to see other peoples guns, be it poorfag or not. Its awesome to know there are folks that share my same hobby and can we can mutually appreciate each others firearms.
>>
>>22816606

"it is my do it all" don't know where the not came from.
>>
>>22814422
>tfw I paid 2400 for my double barrel, and that's just barely poorfag status in shotgun world
>>
I've never heard anyone say anything bad about the Sphinx except for the price.
>>
>>22814422
>le_smug_feminist.jpg

Obvious b8.
>>
>>22814464
except BMWs are shit

Honda masterrace faggot.
>>
File: premium shit.png (38KB, 578x712px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
premium shit.png
38KB, 578x712px
>mfw people with more money than sense hate solid, affordable guns because they overpaid for mediocre shit, or shit that does the same job 20% better at 180% markup

Just admit it, it's all about covering up your unconscious realization that your gun does nothing a sanely priced gun can't do while also costing the equivalent of a year's worth of ammo.

That's why anytime you see a nugget thread or a budget firearms thread, you get a ton of idiots shitflinging about poorfags and telling OP to save up his money and buy a Remchesterby
>>
>>22817428
That's a feminist? She looks like has down syndrome or is asian...or both...


Assuming she just has down syndrome she looks like some geeky asian american calculus student.

I would smash that shit SOOOOO HARD!!!!
>>
Most expensive gun I want to get is a S&W Mdel 500.

Because shiny and fuckhuge.

Ace hardware in Loveland had three of them last time I was there.
>>
>>22814422
HK is an absolutely terrible company and you should not be supporting them.
>>
>pretentious faggot: the post

HKs are simply not worth the price they are marked at. They don't offer amazing upgrades over the typical model that they compete with.

Go ahead and buy it though, ain't my money you're wasting.
>>
File: 1406323571023.jpg (185KB, 1194x890px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406323571023.jpg
185KB, 1194x890px
>>22818013

I disagree, this gun is better than almost every other striker gun on the market and all for zero or marginal increase in price.
>>
>>22814422
i dont hate them or the people that buy them. i just wish i could afford them
>>
>>22818032
How is it better?

>barrel
>trigger
>reasonable tolerances and design (don't you even fucking try to shout HiPoint at me)

You can find those in basically any modern polymer pistol
>>
>>22814534
>>1200 bucks gets you some fancy HK 9mm.
more like $900 NIB.
>>
>>22814464
>BMW
Enjoy your expensive break-down machine that will cost more than it's worth to fix on an annual basis.
>>
>>22818079

>Sights
>Ergos
>Accuracy
>Trigger
>Customizable
>Features
>>
>>22814422
>dat ugly azn girl
I would still hit it.
>>
>>22814874
That's because the Clinton AWB almost bankrupted them. Like it or not, the civ market is a fickle one. All it takes is one bill and they die.
>>
>thinking you're better than anyone for pissing away extra money on a special snowflake status symbol

I bet you're afraid of dropping it, god forbid if you get a scratch on your precious jewelry.
>>
>>22818093
>opinions
>arguing about "accuracy" with pistols
No
>>
>>22814698
Thank you for officially confirming that your taste is shit. Not refined, not even expensive. Just shit.
>>
>>22814534
A Sphinx costs like 1,000.
>>
>>22818099
Not in the jaw, you'll break your hand.
>>
File: Yugo_SKS.jpg (632KB, 1245x597px)
Yugo_SKS.jpg
632KB, 1245x597px
>implying I give two fucks if you/anyone approves of my fun purchasing habits

>implying I would give a fuck if the guy next to me at the range was shooting a gold plated fun
>>
File: 1409273823439.gif (2MB, 214x193px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1409273823439.gif
2MB, 214x193px
>>22814422
>mfw when used to be poor fag
>mfw now I can afford ambi lowers with left handed uppers
>>
>>22818148
Depends on the model.
>>
>>22814422
I love all guns anon. Expensive guns, cheap guns, good guns, shitty guns. I love them all.
>>
>>22816606

Oh god, you are the worst kind of expensive firearm owner.
>>
>>22814422

I spent $2,000 including tax on a Benelli MR1 because I'm Canadian and want to shoot a "tactical rifle" inna woods with dem STANAG magazines.

Two G's on a gun when I could have spent $500.

Because muh Italian craftmanship.

I bought a Norinco AR too.

Why do I do these things?! D:
>>
>>22818869
>Oh god, you are the worst kind of expensive firearm owner.

I went and reread that anons cost and wonder why the hell you think that. There was nothing snobbish or snotty and his opinions are hardly unpopular. Love to hear you explain what you meant by that.


I own rifles and handguns that cost under $400.00USD and I've paid in the $1,000's for others, nothing wrong with any of them.

Just because one handgun costs three times as much as the other doesn't mean the cheap one is shit quality or even possibly dangerous like the CZ's I have for example, simply excellent weapons, but paying the higher price just about promises that it won't be shit quality or dangerous...there are exceptions to every rule of course, just look at that piece of shit over priced Kimber....LOL, Kimbers are such shit.
>>
File: 01.png (382KB, 802x618px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
01.png
382KB, 802x618px
>I buy expensive guns used
>Not so I can get a gun I otherwise couldn't afford, but so I can buy even more guns
>>
>>22814422
I'm a poorfag and I hate HK but I also love the Weatherby Mk V rifles and am desperately trying to save up my $8 an hour wages for one. No, people don't hate HK just because they can't afford them. They hate HK because it is the Apple of guns. Overpriced, stuck up and not really that great.
>>
>>22819213
>Benelli MR1
AHHHH how horrifyingly hideous!
>>
>>22814422
If you spend over $1500 on a handgun thats not a collectors item or a 1911, youre kinda just a tool
>>
I have multiple guns worth well over 3k a piece.
I still hate HK.
>>
>>22820736

He bought a Les Baer, it is no different than my Rock Island, yet I could buy 5 for the price of his Les Baer.
>>
>>22820961
>not just having a professional turn that log island into a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>22820961
>He bought a Les Baer, it is no different than my Rock Island,

Well... I will agree your rock Island is a very nice handgun I would have to say the Les Baer is about as nice as it gets.

How about I put it this was, rich people have to spend their money on something and us working stiffs need a reason for added expense?
>>
I don't hate expensive guns.

I don't particularly like HK though. I've fired most of their modern guns but haven't found them worth the price. I came closest to buying a P30 after putting 500 rounds through one but I didn't like the trigger or paddle release and it didn't seem like it was worth $900 when there are other things I really like for the same amount or less.

I haven't tried the VP9 yet. Looks good and it's cheap by HK standards.

Haven't fired a Sphinx or even seen one in person yet, but I'll probably end up buying a compact if they're as good as people say. I love the CZ design and the Sphinx is allegedly the apex of that.

Tl; dr maybe some people don't buy expensive guns because they like cheaper guns more. More money =/= better.
>>
>>22821088
>not keeping quiet about how gun manufacturers are just trying to take upper middle class americans cash
>>
File: mq1.jpg (24KB, 240x240px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mq1.jpg
24KB, 240x240px
I can afford expensive things because I have a lot of money

You can't afford these expensive things because you don't have a lot of money
>>
File: svi_infinity.jpg (334KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
svi_infinity.jpg
334KB, 1000x667px
>>22814918
SVI's are sexy as fuck.
>>
>>22820961
>He bought a Les Baer, it is no different than my Rock Island,

Well a couple glaring differences is that RIAs are built to original loose specs for reliability, where Les Baer has a diamond boner for "might as well be a solid piece of steel" tight fit for muh accuracy; RIAs use a lot of MIM parts, Baer does not; Les Baer pistols are objectively finished much better than RIA.

RIAs are good guns. Not saying they aren't. Hell, some are probably more reliable than Baers since Baers are so fucking tight and can take a while to break in. That said, they are NOT the same. They are both made with different intentions and are made to polar opposite standards.
>>
File: figf-7.gif (38KB, 454x572px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
figf-7.gif
38KB, 454x572px
>HK
I love the handguns, rifles are fucking mega ass gay though and you're retarded for buying one.
>>
>>22814422
its worse with rifles and shotguns

/k/ shills for the savage axis and the Mossberg 500 harder than any other gun.

jesus Christ shell out a little more for a tikka or something
>>
>>22821191
>high quality gun
>needs to be broken in to function
Wat?
>>
>>22814534
Shieeet I came to post dis. Anything over a grand really isn't worth it to me except for special snowflake guns. I'm not a great shot and just like plugging away at paper. A $3,000 gun isn't going to bring anything to the table.
>>
>>22814464
>BMW
The poser''s car of choice. Mid-life crisis? Richfag's brat? There's a shitty, overpriced car for you.
Real men drive milsurp, kickass trucks (no, jacking your truck up 3 inches, adding chrome and smoked windows and stacks does not make it "kickass", it makes you a tool), or classic cars.
>>
>>22821196
>rifles are fucking mega ass gay though and you're retarded for buying one.

But muh $3000 brass-raping tubey stamped steel blowback assault guns

Muh $2500 plastic AR18

Muh $2800 piston boat anchor AR
>>
>>22821206
Rifles and shotguns that are priced at 2000 to 3000 are usually worth it
>>
File: prKuD9O.gif (4MB, 600x274px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
prKuD9O.gif
4MB, 600x274px
>mfw many people on /k/ hate cheap guns because they're easily affordable and do the job

People who give a fuck how much a gun costs (besides blatant over pricing) are stupid. A gun is a gun is a gun. If people want to own a gun, let them. It's their money not yours, and it's none of your business either.

Some people just don't like to spend so much on a gun, they don't care for the bells and whistles, they just want something for the purpose of plinking or defending themselves. Who gives a shit?
>>
>>22821221
Quality doesn't always = reliability

Baer pistols are objectively higher quality. They use better materials, and are fitted and finished better. The main difference is Baer pistols are built for accuracy. They will retain that totally unnecessary level of accuracy even after you put a few hundred rounds through the to loosen them up. Meanwhile an RIA MIGHT be more reliable out of the box, but will never get more accurate the more it's shot.
>>
>>22821258
>Who gives a shit?
Sperglords who have to constantly justify their overpriced purchases on dumb shit and poorfags who are jelly of said sperglords.

Nobody else gives a shit.
>>
File: imgp08991.jpg (243KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
imgp08991.jpg
243KB, 1024x685px
>>22821221

As a Baer owner, I will say. I have put 5000 rounds through my Baer with one failure to feed on the last round in the 4000 range. I will note that it was a reloaded SWC and was found to be not to spec when I measured.

Les Baers are tight and are difficult to manipulate at first. The slide requires both fucking hands to move it to the rearward portion. Les himself recommends 500 rounds with no cleaning, just plugging away to wear it all in.

That does not mean it is failure prone, infact I have never heard of massive failures on a Les Baer, it is why I bought it. I did hear and now know what they mean by "break in". When every component is serial numbered from the barrel to the bushing to the slide stop, you know that it fits fucking tight. After around 1000 rounds when it wears in "perfectly" it feels even better.

Overall you get a piece of art that gets better with age.
>>
>>22818089
At least its not a mercedes or an Audi
>>
>>22821221
You are now aware that self-defense is not the only reason to buy a gun. Les Baer pistols aren't marketed as practical defensive tools, because nobody (well almost nobody) wants to pay $2000-$3000 for a beautifully fitted and finished 100+ year old design that's built to mainly be a collectable, heirloom, or target gun.
>>
>>22821298
>Overall you get a piece of art that gets better with age.

This.

> that worn finish

Absolutely boner inspiring
>>
>tfw ur too poorfag to even afford a moist nugget
>>
>>22818032
still not "better" enough for me to justify buying it when I already have a striker fired plastic gun that does the exact same thing.

I understand you like it but there is literally nothing "revolutionary" about it.
>>
File: ba2er.jpg (47KB, 799x536px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ba2er.jpg
47KB, 799x536px
>>22821317

Half of my Sheriff's department uses Les Baer Pistols. Les has probably one of the largest export markets for special operations. Remember when the marine MARSOC were using Springfield 1911s, and so was FBI HRT before or it might have been after the Kimber debacle. Well yea, who built those? Les Baer when he was still running the springfield custom shop back in the day. Les exports his pistols to lots of special operations groups all over the world. The Thai secret service and special forces fucking love them.
>>
>>22818089
>>22821300
> tfw when I used to drive an Audi A6 and now drive a BMW 740i

W-what's the problem? Neither even gave me any trouble, except for the Audi eventually leaking exist into the interior.
>>
>>22821379
*exhaust

Damn android
>>
>>22821317
I was already aware.... Were talking about 1911s in 2014
>>22821281
Why are you even here then?
>>
>>22821414
>Why are you even here then?
Because these threads are funny and there is no good radio on the weekends.
>>
>>22821379
They turn to shit after 3 years, but unlike japs or domestic shitboxes the car costs 4 to 5 times to keep running, while only being worth like a 1/10 of its original msrp, theres like a handful of german cars Id ever actually consider owning,
>>
>>22821361

While there is some truth to that, it is mostly false. Baer fucked up the contract, although he was awarded the HRT contract first, he just did not have the capacity to produce as many as the FBI wanted. He was merely building a double stack off a para frame. It went to Springfield when the FBI dropped the double stack and went single, who still fucked it up because they couldn't produce the quality the FBI wanted in the numbers the FBI wanted.

http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/fbi_1911.htm
>>
>>22821443
> not listening to old O & A
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px)
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>22821298
My Wilson was pretty difficult to manipulate at first too, but that seems a little excessive. However the break in period is true. After about a thousand rounds, it feels completely perfect. There's just nothing like a custom fit gun.
>>
>>22814464

>BMW

Hope you like the interior of a dealer's waiting room.
>>
>>22821481
My Audi was a 2002 I had from 2009-2012 when the exhaust problems started. I bought the 2000 BMW right after that and have had zero problems.

I got good deals though. The Audi was $3500 and the BMW was $4000, both fully loaded from the factory and in great shape.

I honestly can't say anything bad about them. They're both a huge step up from the shitty Saturn I was driving before.
>>
Price =/= quality

I can charge you 8000 dollars for a brick of shit. That does not make my brick of shit special or better than some other brick of shit.
>>
>>22821719
>not filling your mouth up with different food coloring dies mixed with water
>spitting it on a canvas
>then taking a piss on it
>then selling it for $150000
>>
>>22821206
I own a Mossberg 590 and a Beretta Silver Pigeon. You know what the difference is? Purpose. I use my Beretta only when I'm out fowling, or clay shooting. I use my Mossberg when doing everything else that shotguns are used for. Most /k/ users don't need or want a purpose built bird gun and that's why you see so many Mossberg or Remshit fans out there. a 500/590 or 870 will meet the needs of most folks where a $2000 bird gun won't.
>>
>>22814599
That would be true, if you don't have hands shitposting becomes orders of magnitude harder...
>>
>>22814464
elliot rodgers would like a word with you
>>
>>22822887
2deep4me
>>
Does anyone else pride themselves on being able to buy things based on the best price:performance/benefit ratio?
I'd feel dumb if i overpaid for no functional benefit
>>
>>22823800

What the hell else do you do with a shotgun other than bird hunting and clays?

What is your fancy good too fancy to shoot at?
>>
File: nuggets2 (2).jpg (1MB, 1879x1487px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nuggets2 (2).jpg
1MB, 1879x1487px
>>22814422
Even though I know this is bait i'll bite.
even though I own firearms costing $20k, I still like buying mosins
>>
>>22824139
post the $20k ones
>>
>>22814422

I don't give a shit about how expensive guns are. Trust me, I would love to own a SCAR in .308.

What chaps my ass is the richfags talking down on the rest of us like they are hot shit because they have a top-of-the-line AR or whatever the fuck.

If you want to bitch about how I don't have a fancy AR or SCAR or pick your fucking flavor, you're more than welcome to donate cash money to the cause.
>>
>>22818032

>>That Guy !!EbqIl6PQQVn

>I disagree

Big fucking surprise there.
>>
>>22824139
>bullshitter
>>
>>22823800

>I have a great pump-action that I use for everything you use shotguns for
>I have a slightly fancier shotgun that I only use for other shotgun uses

... This makes my brain itch.
>>
File: 1397808077066.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397808077066.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>22824424
>... This makes my brain itch.
Its simple, Anon:

The 590 he uses for general shotgunnery
The Beretta is for Sport.
The General Usage Shotgun isnt used for Sport Usage
The Sport Shotgun isnt used for General Usage
>>
>>22824466

I guess I need to know the specifics of his Silver Pidge before I bitch anymore.
>>
File: NFA items.jpg (574KB, 1843x1382px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NFA items.jpg
574KB, 1843x1382px
>>22824139
>>22824346
well I spent a little over $15k
>>
>>22814446
>>22814454
This is a myth
>>
>>22824494
Ey Yo Flandre, Im the guy with the MAK90 that emailed like a year ago; did your shop ever get that paperwork sorted out?
>>
>>22824519
yup, everything is open for business at the new shop now, throw me an email
>>
File: image.jpg (253KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
253KB, 1024x768px
but check out my scar
>>
>>22824551
I dont think i have your email anymore...
>>
>>22824586
[email protected]
>>
>>22824011
590 is for deer, home defense, hogs, home defense, coyotes, home defense, niggers and home defense (but I repeat myself.)
>>
>>22824625
Thanks. I'll drop a line later tonight
>>
>>22814422
wait, is she that bitch who free bleeds?
>>
File: n7uEeOd.png (333KB, 529x411px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
n7uEeOd.png
333KB, 529x411px
>>22814422
oh god it is
>>
>>22824637
no prob
>>
>>22824697
>OP is obviously asian
>one in your image obviously isnt.

Just because they both have jean jackets on you fucking idiot
>>
>>22824631

So if i break in your house you'd shoot me with a pleb POS Mossberg?

I'm not good enough for the Silver Pigeon?

man, fuck you, Richie Rich. Fuck you.

>also why the fuck are you HD with a shotgun if you can buy fancy funs? get a decent sidearm like a sane person, how can you fit a shotgun in your nightstand.

i reccomend a Walther PPK in .380. Absolutely ideal for home defense
>>
>>22814422
hk is the worst thing you could have mentioned to prove this point.
>>
>>22814541
Find me a single Sphinx that can pass NATO field tests, and I'll sell my CZ to buy it.
>>
File: 1366602850180.jpg (330KB, 1200x1046px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1366602850180.jpg
330KB, 1200x1046px
Why are people bashing on CZs, glocks, HK, or sphinxs? I love all guns whether a nugget or a kar98 with nazi stamps, whether a cz or a sphinx, whether a 1911 or 92fs. If I'm gonna buy an expensive gun I am buying it because I love the hand crafted quality of it, knowing it was all hand fitted and inspected. If I buy a cheap gun like a glock I will buy it because I love how it feels in my hand, the looks of it, the long reputation it has. I like to make my choices based on the guns themselves and not the price point. I buy a sphinx because I loves sphinxs and I buy a glock because I love glocks. I buy them both for different reasons and because they both have different features that appeal to me. Why do we have to argue so much over a dumb law of diminishing returns and argue over how a sphinx is much better than a cz. I love guns for different reasons and if I buy an expensive gun it is not because it's expensive, the same reason for buying a less expensive gun, it is for what appeals to me about the gun.
>>
I'll admit I've purchased some guns purely because they were expensive and high quality. I own most H&K small arms, for example, which I prefer over most other brands.

I'm currently on a waiting list for a newer Korth revolver; which will likely end up only being shot once in a blue moon.
>>
>>22825396
This
>>
>>22825396
Why are there not more people like this?
>>
>>22826010
>Why are there not more people like this?

There are plenty of people like him. We're just shouted over by the children
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 31


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.