[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elona

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 655
Thread images: 91

File: elonsept3or4imgay.png (834KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
elonsept3or4imgay.png
834KB, 750x900px
>New? Start here:
http://pastebin.com/vmW2qYkD

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/HcTtYVsn

>E+ Changelogs up to 1.71:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29

>Elona Custom Release Thread:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014

>New Chat Server info:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:19535#107

>Previous Thread
>>17605954

Current Version: Elona+ 1.71 (9/10/2017)
Latest Custom: E+C 1.70.1

Errors? Set the compatibility of the .exe to WINDOWS 7.
>>
>>17622790
10/10 OP
>>
>>17622790
>The fire@dragon child tried desperately to resist, but you were stronger.
>Karma (-20)
What the fuck are you people doing?
>>
>>17622698
How much does pierce% affect damage? I've been thinking of replacing my living spear with a living weapon that has innate distant attack (looks like I'd go with a turning a chainsickle into a sickle). Would going from 25% pierce to 0% pierce seriously impact damage (including magic damage)?
What about lightsabres? Does the 100% pierce make up for the low damage dice, or are they not worth it?
>>
Who is your god and why does your character worship them?
>>
>>17622931
draconic rape
>>
>>17622945
inb4 yacatectfags try to jew more worshipers for their OCdonutsteal god
>>
>>17622945
Kumiromi because he is c u t e and my character wants to protect his smile.
>>
>>17622945
Jure since she provides another good heal to my non mage character.
Plus her tragic backstory and I am a filthy tsundere lover.
>>
>>17622945
Yacatect, because I wanted the Kaneituuhou to give my pet seeInv. I plan to use the Lucky Dagger myself, but I don't have enough fish stockpiled yet.
Will eventually end up with Kumiromi to make SP recovery less annoying.
>>
>>17622945
Ehekatl because cats, she's easy to get along with, and I need all the luck I can get.
>>
>>17622945
I worship Opatos. His power is maximum.
>>
>>17622790
best op so far
>>
>>17622935
25 to 0 doesnt mean shit
lightsabres are good if your str stat is measured in hundreds. turn godly ones to adamantium and use craft kit
>>
>>17622790
>my "Big Guy" character stats managed to get in the OP
That was very unexpected, and I just started playing this a week ago
>>
Is resetting a farm in order to acquire more owned fruit trees considered a cheat?
>>
does fell-into-the-well dead girl even exist in the game or is it just fan art shit
>>
>>17623109
Well you'd be basically using a debug feature/panic button. But if that's what you really want hey nobody's going to stop you
>>
>>17623109
Yes (reset is supposed to fix fucked up things, not to make your farming life easier), and a pretty pointless one since fruit trees aren't that rare.
>>
>>17623109
Resetting is listed in the cheating section of the wiki. I would agree that's it's cheating if used outside of fixing a bug. Certainly can attain more fruit trees by just stealing them from random wilderness maps.
>>
>>17623109
Buy a new farm
pick up the tree
demolish farm
repeat
>>
>>17622790
>dat OP
top kek
>>
File: 1500507204142.png (16KB, 145x169px) Image search: [Google]
1500507204142.png
16KB, 145x169px
It is made from stuff you lads post, so if it's good that just means you are pretty cool dudes
>>
>>17623115
>>17623116
>>17623126
>>17623133
Good thing I asked before doing it. Was thinking if this was a natural feature. Will just buy a new farm instead.
>>
>>17623220
If you have enough STR, you can find and pick them up in wilderness maps. It's not stealing if everyone on the map is dead.
>>
E+C update when, I'm already over pets with no sense of self-preservation and the leash does nothing
reee
>>
What kind of update do you guys hope to have in Elona?

I wish microchips and machines have other uses other than for decoration. Building your own robot would be a sweet thing to do or automating shit you do in farms with the machine. Could also lead to the "Engineer" skill.

Also, hopefully necromancy will be expanded as well. Making your own Frankenstine-esque monster through the use of a bundle of monster parts would be a nice addition.
>>
>>17623228
Strength is difficult to train, I wish beetles would reproduce more often
>>
>>17623242
>Blacksmithing
>Conversations and persuasion
>Necromancy
>Waifu Personality crafting
>Home raids (only certain types of player homes can get raided)
>>
>>17623231
My pets seldom die and generally stick with me. You should tag them, upgrade their gear, get a defender, and give them a first aid kid each.
>>
>>17623242
>What kind of update do you guys hope to have in Elona?

More town management and procedurally generated politicking. If the game got into say, Mount and Blade level inter-factional conflict with some Dwarf Fortress sprinkled on, I would literally suck the dick of whoever implemented it.
>>
>>17623257
They all have first aid kits, they all know tactical heal, every one has multiple precious items upgraded past 5, and the defender doesn't use any of its healing when I bring it out. They're braindead without custom AI
>>
File: fetish.jpg (15KB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
fetish.jpg
15KB, 257x200px
>>17623272
This. Fucking this.
>TFW a war starts because you kidnap a princess and the king ends up hating your faction.
>>
File: culture.jpg (28KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
culture.jpg
28KB, 680x383px
>>17623303
>>
I'm new to Elona+ Custom and I am playing a Lich Wizard.
I got to say it's pretty fun, though all my attribute potentials except Will and Magic are bad or worse.
>>
>>17623319
Why do undead characters still get hungry?
>>
>>17623334
Why do I get sleepy?
I suppose they couldn't be bothered to code it in?
Or maybe they thought it would make the game too easy?
Wish magic was more diverse besides spamming Magic Arrow.
I'm only level 12 so maybe it gets better?
>>
>>17623346
It gets much better, soon you'll be spamming Chaos Eye and Magic Arrow
>>
>>17623353
Fuck yea
>>
>>17623346
>Or maybe they thought it would make the game too easy?
On the contrary, if Liches couldn't eat they'd be effectively crippled and impossible to improve in the mid-to-late game.
There's a reason Juere is considered a newbie-trap race.
>>
File: en.png (1MB, 680x908px) Image search: [Google]
en.png
1MB, 680x908px
>>17623292
Defender only heals when he himself is low on HP, and can only use lay on hand once per sleep. Precious gear falls behind very quickly, to keep them alive you want every single one of them to have +10 gear with multiple resists (crafted yourself/from black market etc.) so they have a full complement of resists. I think said resists on everyone are the most important part and biggest hurdle. I don't even use custom AI at all. This ossan here manages to keep himself out of trouble in relatively high dlvl dungeons (100+). He could do with some improvements though, like some artifact rings.
>>
>>17623361
Could always just let Liches always eat but never get hungry.

Any easy way to get Ancient books for the Nerd's guild?
I want my book reservations and it's taking the piss going in and out of the Puppy Cave.
>>
>>17623376
Not really, the only faster method of acquiring ancient books than dungeon diving is spamming the Wizard's Harvest spell, which isn't exactly practical in the early game.
>>
What does it mean when it says "Little Girl has grown up"?
I check and it still says she is a Little Girl.
>>
>>17623401
She gained a level
>>
>>17623376
Try other dungeons, check adventurers' inventories and trade stuff if they have a book, some non-combat quests also give them if you get a good score. Just do your usual adventures and you will get enough eventually.
>>
>>17623401
She is reaching the "too old" mark, get married with her before it's too late!
>>
>>17623353
Nigga what? I was casting teleports and pulverizing rows of enemies with ice beams and poison supernovas at level 4
>>
>>17623376
Wait, can't liches just drain their wife and not eat?
>>
>>17623469
Drain Blood refreshes stamina, but not hunger. Go figure.
>>
>>17622931
Turning tropes over.
THE DRAGONS SHALL RAPE US NO MORE!
>>
>>17623484
It's just a child, you monster!
>>
>>17622931
>He doesn't rape each of his companions at least once in order to assert dominance.
>>
File: 1503982176048.jpg (544KB, 1100x950px) Image search: [Google]
1503982176048.jpg
544KB, 1100x950px
>>17623492
>>
>>17623492
Not anymore anon.
>>
File: 1505102056655.png (44KB, 575x496px) Image search: [Google]
1505102056655.png
44KB, 575x496px
Guys, please teach me how to make an bell viable for south tyris, besides life farming.

Stuff like, which body parts i should use and why, which skills i should train and how.

Can i train martial arts on a bell, without having to add hands? How do i config his AI on custom to attack melee?

Thanks.
>>
>>17623699
Shove CON food down its throat (like herb+food and yogurt).
I believe you don't need hand slots for martial arts, you just need to not use other melee weapons.
A basic melee AI config would be "target distance != 1 -> move forward" and "distance = 1 -> attack melee". If you want it to learn Shadow Step via Custom menu, add "distance != 1 -> shadow step" above or between these two commands, your bell won't learn it immediately so expect it to just move to targets normally most of the time.
>>
>>17623699
>besides life farming
Look, you have to come to terms with the fact that your pet is going to be EXTREMELY squishy unless you're willing to do some life farming. There's no way around it. A 0.01 multiplier to HP is just going to suck.
>>
>>17623745
That AI part was exactly what i needed.

>>17623755
I said besides life farming because i already knew that was necessary and am already working on it.

I'm still at loss at which body parts are worth adding though.
>>
File: tenor.gif (27KB, 1730x784px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
27KB, 1730x784px
>Decide to try a bard character
>Sell all my stuff to buy an instrument.
>No one sells it in Vernis.
>Go to the capital instead
>Get robbed TWICE and another one as an event
>Have no instrument.
>Go to lumiest, almost no money left.
>No errands I can do either and my doggo died.
>Starving, sleepy and poor, I arrive to the tavern at night.
>With my remaining gold, I buy a bottle of whiskey instead of a meal.
>close the door.
>Approach the innkeeper with a dance.
>Give him the whiskey
>Use my persuasion to stay at the tavern free of charge, and I get 500 extra coins as a "refund".
>Still can't afford another instrument.
>Decide to go back home, downhearted.
>But a huge storm happens
>I get lost. Find a chapel
>See strange altar with dead people all around
>Take it as a divine sign. I must do evil and wreck havoc all over the kingdom.
>Go full necro, put some coffins and relics at home.
>Resurrect two kittens.
>Decide to become a frozen lich queen
>Visit town in the North as my first conquest.
>Just messing around thinking about how to kill them all.
>Suddenly a kid throws me a snowball.
>I gather snow and throw it back at him.
>A snowball fight ensues, I try to get another kid to play but he doesn't seem to like it at first.
>We carry on for a while.
>I'm exhausted. This was too fun so I decide that I won't poison the well and murder their families.
>Go home and prepare cookies for my zombie cats instead.

This game is random as fuck. But I like it
>>
File: prayer.png (677KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
prayer.png
677KB, 1280x768px
>>17622945
Jure because that heal is useful if I get silenced. I sometimes need to mentally pray harder to vanquish silence but Jure usually delivers on that. I just wonder how high I can get her prayer to heal for.

>>17623242
I would like the option to be able to use larger PCCs. It would help out players that want to play something big like a golem. I personally want it because I would like to experiment with a riding pet, specifically a mech or some large creature, but the riding PCC is so small that it just doesn't capture the spirit of riding big mech of doom or kaiju.

>>17623699
A default 13 slot normal humanoid setup works well. I guess you can choose to go with 11 if you ditch the hands but if you do have hands then you can take advantage of tonfas/claws earlier on until you get MA to a good level. You want enough body parts to equip all the things you'll need for extra melee attack chance, resists, immunities, and PV/DV. Since it's a bell you definitely will want more body parts since it sounds like you're going to want to use ruby equipment to get its life attribute as high as possible. Going past 13 slots may incur speed penalties as the body becomes complicated but if you feel like you need more body parts and can bandage the speed problem go for it.

For skills get all of them. Why? Most of them are useful to the pet or the party and the ones that are not you can argue that at least when they level up it helps level the attribute associated with the skill.
>>
File: 1504833777185.png (5KB, 194x205px) Image search: [Google]
1504833777185.png
5KB, 194x205px
>play cute priest boy who was going to devote himself to Jure
>fuck up a lot and die so much my charisma stat is kill
>Need to get it back quickly
>train it with prostitution and doing sexy dances at parties
>mfw I turned an innocent and chaste priestboi into a total cockslut
>>
>>17623826
That is one cute story, but it's kinda silly how easily your dark path could be avoided if you visited the Embassy near Palmia before your journey to Lumiest, the shopkeepers in there often have instruments. Or maybe it would be worse, people in Tyris really don't like amateur bards.

>>17623848
I like how the journal shows how many times you sold your body, just like my japanese RPG Maker eroges.
>>
File: ptoato.png (32KB, 665x463px) Image search: [Google]
ptoato.png
32KB, 665x463px
Is this right? Also, how to properly setup to she use her Cherr ability buff?
>>
>>17623242
>What kind of update do you guys hope to have in Elona?
Bigger map. Main cities will still be the main cities, but there will be random towns, kinda like some dungeons are random and some aren't.
>>
>>
>>17623984
Jokes on you metal slug. After I became a lich I lost my ass.
>>
>>17623967
Yeah, I use that on my defender (after all the healing and buff lines). Remember to check your pet's "Current Progress" every now and then, and that you can swap commands' positions with *.
I believe a "Self Buff != Speed -> Cheer" will work, or Hero instead of Speed. Set it above everything else so it will be a pre-fight priority (pets usually ignore their custom AI if there is no enemies in sight, so the pet will probably ignore the buff command if you put "murder" above "power up").
>>
>>17624012
How do i teach spells to my pets? Spending AP only? Thanks for all the assistance, anon.
>>
>>17624023
They need to have a certain level of Casting skill to be able to learn a spell. The required level depends of the spell's difficulty level.
Unfortunately I don't know the specific values, so you need to keep training their Casting skill until the option to teach the spell you want appears on the Custom menu.
While this is easier to do with caster pets (since they already know some offensive spells), I believe that any pet can learn Magic Dart if they at least have Casting skill (any level is fine), so you can use it as a basic training method for non-casters.
AP can be used to teach them some spells too, like Healing Rain and Element Scar.
>>
>>17623967
The "not set not set not set and" lines are doing nothing.
Also, they will never shadowstep with that setup, only move forward and attack.
The lines are read top to bottom, until it finds one that evaluates to true and executes it.
Since the shadow step line will only evaluate to true when the move forward line also does, they will always move forward before they read the shadowstep line.

It should probably look more like:
If Target Distance > 5 : Move forward (Have to move into range to shadowstep)
If Target Distance != 1 : Shadowstep
If Target Distance = 1 Attack (Melee)
>>
>>17624081
Thanks, anon. Now i will finally be able to have the ultimate killing machine wife.

>>17624086
Alright, i think i understand it now. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>17623967
Also, for cheer, remember that cheer applies buffs to visible allies - but not the caster.
So that line should be something like:
If Ally Buff != Speed : Cheer

Ally can be replaced with player if you only want them to worry about buffing you, setting it to ally may make them waste turns cheering on other pets that are out of range.
>>
>>17624023
>>17624081
Most likely the limiting factor won't be the pet's casting. Before you can teach a spell to any pet, YOU have to level it up to 50.
>>
>>17624099
That explains why some spells are missing on my "teach" list, thanks for the info!
>>
>>17624086
>If Target Distance > 5 : Move forward (Have to move into range to shadowstep)
>If Target Distance != 1 : Shadowstep
>If Target Distance = 1 Attack (Melee)
I remember using a similar idea on my first pet (the one on Kai's pet guide), but 90% of the time I just got tons of "your pet doesn't know what to do!" lines with some rare shadow steps every now and then. Putting Shadow Step above everything else and putting a "!= 1" on move forward command solved it for me. I guess it a slower training method, but at least my pet was doing something other than complaining that shadow step was too hard for her.
>>
>>17624144
Ah, that's because they were still learning shadowstep.
If you're training a skill, it should be on a line that always evaluates to true, like
If Target Distance >= 1 : Shadowstep

When they're leaning a skill, they have a high chance to fail the skill. When this happens, they continue scanning down the command list as if that line had evaluated to false.
Your pet complained about it because there were no lines further down that evaluated to true. Since they're still learning the skill, the can (and usually will) fail so their routine needs to account for this.

A routine for a pet learning shadowstep would look like this
If Target Distance > 5 : Move forward
If Target Distance >= 1 : Shadowstep
If Target Distance != 1 : Move forward
If Target Distance = 1 : Attack (Melee)
>>
File: Ai Test.png (157KB, 653x459px) Image search: [Google]
Ai Test.png
157KB, 653x459px
Killing things to fast so its hard to test if i set decapitation up right or not.
>>
>>17624144
Shadowstep can be learned instantly from Leold. It's under the tactical attack package offered by him. Might want to look into that unless there's some reason you're not willing to spend AP, can't spend AP, or just don't have access to South Tyris and want it now rather than later.
>>
File: 17-09-08 00_35_36.png (142KB, 1280x726px) Image search: [Google]
17-09-08 00_35_36.png
142KB, 1280x726px
Here's my AI setup for my Little Girl Valkyrie as an example. Have no issues with unknown commands and no issues with skill spam (out side of the heal).
>>
>>17624099
Oh is that how teaching spells to pets works in Elona Custom? Darn, hrm. I wasn't planning to really play a mage-ish type, but if I want to teach a mage Pet spells, I have to level it up and use it myself...

Might need to change my character idea then...
>>
File: shota scientist.jpg (365KB, 799x695px) Image search: [Google]
shota scientist.jpg
365KB, 799x695px
>play 150+ hours of essential without any problems
>start loss mode
>crashes after four hours

End me.
>>
>>17624594
Leold can teach a bunch of spells to a pet.
>>
Kai playing abnormal mode or loss mode?
>>
>>17624609
Yeah but he's in South Tyris, and that's not something I'd probably reach anytime soon.
>>
File: EGGMAN.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
EGGMAN.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
What are your tips on artifact fusion, /jp/?
How does the Jewel of Core of Nefia drop?
How can I maximize their drop potential?
Where is the best place to find scrolls of gain attribute?
I must rise above.
>>
>>17623242
A different kind of gene machine that lets you fuse demo- monsters together to get different ones that possibly inherit things from their "parents". Race and level are the main factors for what you get.
>>
>>17624745
>How does the Jewel of Core of Nefia drop?
By using the black gem that Leold gave you at Ulm-Leson, you make all dungeons in sight radius on the world map go into "hard mode" more or less. Beat their boss for a chance at one.
>How can I maximize their drop potential?
The higher level the dungeons are, the better your odds of getting a gem for defeating their boss.
>Where is the best place to find scrolls of gain attribute?
Seriously: The Wish spell.
>>
>>17622790
Should the pastebin list videos related to Elona, such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAElbJmvO9Y, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl6cxTIBS-I, or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gOQxHX83E?
>>
>>17624657
Loss
>>
>>17622945
Mani, because PC master race!
>>
>>17624898
Wtf? How is he still alive? I'm convinced Elona is balanced around Essential.
>>
>>17624902
He knows what he's doing. Play the game long enough too and you'll learn how to survive.
>>
>>17623133
That's the pleb's way to do it.

Just start learning pickpoket by stealing junk in the arena where no one's watching. Keep grinding it up along with str and weightlifting and eventually you'll be stealing fruit trees from mother nature out in the wilds. Not to mention Godly/heavenly bbq sets from party time quests.
>>
>>17624928
Still wrapping my head around how someone can survive for so long. How did Kai get so high in level?
>>
>>17624968
It's just risk management. Know what is dangerous and how to not die to it. Just take it slow and easy, grinding up your stats and skills in as safe a way as possible.

A lot of the difficulty in Elona is in the early game, when a unexpected situation can take you by surprise and murder you. It's just about knowing the game.
>>
>>17624968
Well I'm sure he can fill in the blanks of this but the gist of it is void and descent potions. He's not your typical adventurer for sure. Probably missed the memo that normal dungeons existed since I recall him saying he did the void at a very early level and mainly did that. He also became so strong in magic that he was able to cast the almighty wish spell reliably and consistently to get descent potions to level up.
>>
>>17624788
When I was asking that, I was asking questions like "Does it drop from the boss or the escape bag" and if there were any additional criteria.

>The wish spell
Shoulda known.
>>
>>17624788
>>17624788

wish for some or get lucky with random scrolls on the floor/the shops
>>
New custom is out

https://mega.nz/#!ZpAQnYLL!UpDP-_ymz-rGq66U3dZOx2RJ_O4yOE9L4uJI6wWKldA
>>
>>17625083
Noice
>>
File: hard materium where.png (57KB, 637x445px) Image search: [Google]
hard materium where.png
57KB, 637x445px
>>17625083
okay, so where's standard Hard Materium for the new equip crafting system?

For some reason I can only craft the Higher version instead of the normal version.
>>
>>17622931

Is this really a thing? How does it happen? What has happened since I last played? (3 years ago or so)
>>
>>17625138
While sleepy, beat some NPC (works on enemies too) until they're at critical health.
Drop a bed at your feet and use Squeeze on them.
>>
I just downloaded some clothing sprites and the seemingly standard bodysheet that everyone uses with the bigger bodyshapes. Since it's not compatible with the default clothing I just want to know how good are the default sprite anyways? Should I just replace it?
>>
File: 009792.jpg (159KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
009792.jpg
159KB, 640x480px
>>17625169
This game got a whole lot darker since last I checked.
>>
>>17625135

i can see it just fine.

35 for hard materium and 20 for hard high skill level
>>
Does the Stradivarius' "It increases the quality of reward." work if put in a pet inventory and using Ensemble?
>>
File: so about that weapon shop nerf.png (291KB, 806x625px) Image search: [Google]
so about that weapon shop nerf.png
291KB, 806x625px
turn shity old sniper into random new one drop them in the shop
>>
File: gfdgdfgdfg.png (869KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
gfdgdfgdfg.png
869KB, 800x999px
is there any point to using any weapons other than polearms considering carpentry can get you a basically infinite amount of randomized spears?
>>
>>17625272
If you feel that's a lot of gold good on you for not being spoiled like I am but before 1.71 shops could easily push 20 million or more gold a day.
>>
>>17625368
1.71 demolishing that.
>>
>>17625400

very little use for gold at this point i have so much save up in my shop and what i have on me
>>
File: its a drain.png (460KB, 806x625px) Image search: [Google]
its a drain.png
460KB, 806x625px
>>17625368

1.71 demolish that no more spears and lightsabers

you can make a living bow etc now
>>
>>17625444
>you can make a living bow etc now
niice
>>
>>17625169

Does it have any effects other than a "You raped them" message and -20 karma?
>>
>>17625452
Y'know that "sleep sharing" event you can get at night if you give a Soul Mate pet a sleep sheep?
It's like that, but the options are... different.
>>
>>17625169
>and use Squeeze on them.
where can I get this
>>
>>17622790
>why the fuck is a skeleton following me around everywhere
this doesn't happen right?
>>
>>17625594
level up with thirty (30) strength
>>
>>17625603
meant to reply to >>17625560
>>
>>17622790
Is itzpalt even worth it? seems like the most boring god.
>>
>>17624316
>those one-liners
Kek
>>
>>17625083
Elaborate me on this
>>
sleep+string is still absolute broken
>>
File: his buddy.png (151KB, 632x452px) Image search: [Google]
his buddy.png
151KB, 632x452px
>>17625613

metal slug has jokey lines and his tank buddy is more srs.
>>
>>17625594
Hey what's that behind you
>>
>>17625667
>Kills a fallen angel
>Laughs and eats an herb
What a champ
>>
>picked up a rope
>hmm i wonder what this does
>use it
>you hanged urself

what the FUCK
>>
>>17626076
Rest in peace
>>
So I know the + enchance values on cooked food trains speed, but does it also enhance the training values on other stats that it normally trains?
>>
>>17626076
I look forward to see you in new OP.
>>
I tried the beat them up, drop a bed thing. And somehow I raped a male punk.
well at least it works
>>
Tezcatlipoca wasn't the final boss in Act 3?
>>
>>17625603
still doesn't do that
do i have to like bash them
put them to sleep?
or knock them out?
>>
>>17626557
You can use "sleep sharing" (forced or not) if you aren't sleepy.
>>
>>17626574
Damn it, I mean
>You can't use
>>
>>17626575
is it a skill or interact
i am too new at this
>>
>>17626625
Squeeze is a special action.
Hit 'a'
>>
>>17626625
Alright, back to basics.
"Squeeze" is a special action.
You learn new special actions on level ups if you have the required stats and feats. In Squeeze's case, you need 30 or more STR.

>i am too new at this
Maybe you should use your time to beat up monsters and learn more the world instead of trying to rape dragon children and male punks like our resident squeeze masters.
>>
>>17626639
how do I do normal sleep sharing?
>>
Where do I download the newest version of Elona? All I can find is 17.0
>>
>>17626652
Get a wife, love her, and put a sleep sheep in her inventory. Every now and then she wake you up for some cuddling action.
>>
>>17626659
BloodyShade's site (check pastebin for links).
>>
>>17626662
How do I acquire sleep sheep?
>>
>>17626662
You don't need to marry her though. There are some instances, although rarely, the she will initiate the love making.
>>
>>17626673
>goto embassy
>cross fingers
>check furniture shops
>>
>>17626673
General and goods stores have them sometimes.
So long as her relationship with you is high enough, you can do the "squeeze while standing on a bed" thing to initiate it yourself and it won't go rape mode. I think it needs at least "Fellow."
>>
File: 1443960141967.jpg (34KB, 710x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443960141967.jpg
34KB, 710x720px
>>17626675
But that isn't normal sleep sharing, that actually is illicit sleep sharing! The only one that should share your bed is your wife, doing something like that before marriage is wrong!
>>
>>17626672
Got it. Thanks! It's time.
>>
is there a way to hide armor?
I hate how it overlaps the model
>>
>>17626741
Use a dresser.
>>
why is dying in this game so much more frustrating to me then dying in other roguelikes, considering this isn't even permadeath?
>>
>>17626741
Dresser, a furniture item. There is one on king's room in Palmia, you can't pick it up without stealing but you are free to use it.
>>
>>17626755
you feel sad for a moment
>>
File: 62134505_p0.png (2MB, 600x945px) Image search: [Google]
62134505_p0.png
2MB, 600x945px
>>17626755
Losing money is far more painful than losing your life.
>>
>>17626755
Probably because it is avoidable, so death is not most expected outcome. No one is forcing you to go into dangerous dungeons without levels and equipment you are comfortable with, so each death can be prevented.
>>
>>17626755
You care more about your character and their stuff in this game. With all the freedom and customization you have more to lose and the game is designed to get into it for the long haul. Try playing loss mode (permadeath) and losing a 100 hour character with house/customized pets and all. I don't think I've ever had say a nethack run that came close, and your characters in that are essentially disposable.
>>
what do you all usually pick as "notable skill" during character creation?
>>
>>17626908
evasion
>>
>>17626908
Gardening if I don't start with it.
>>
Why am I always missing beginner monsters, kobolds, chickens, fuck even hermit crabs sometimes take like 10 swings before i hit the fucker
>>
File: bg_re6.bmp.png (140KB, 360x180px) Image search: [Google]
bg_re6.bmp.png
140KB, 360x180px
In case I don't ever fix it here's a placeholder because it triggered me that the red mustache wizard had no mustache.
>>
>>17626940
You forgot to use Touch of Sleep on them.
>>
>>17626908
Anything that is hard to get otherwise i.e. Pickpocket or Greater Evasion.
>>
>>17626908
One of the Guild skills, usually Greater Evasion
>>
>>17626942
Pretty sure that was rakuens version of Izpalt. Which also doesn't make sense since Izpalt is suppose to have a beard.
>>
File: india.png (46KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
india.png
46KB, 500x629px
I imagine in a game like Elona an AI like an improved, more limited cleverbot would be great, provided it could be programmed to react to certain events and with a few tweaks.
>Follows a certain game and personality pattern, which eventually develops according to what it sees and does.
>Can learn from you.
>Has animated reaction faces.
>Eventually it learns to say things like "Phew, thanks for saving my life." or "What the hell took you so long!?" depending on how its personality develops.
>Will eventually engage into short conversations speaking about its dreams and hopes. your relationship will improve or decrease depending on whether those are fulfilled or not
>It can eventually genuinely hate you
It would be like the pawns from dragon's dogma but eventually better. If we could teach a bot to tell dirty jokes and sing songs with us, why not this?
>>
>>17627127
Ok Todd
>>
they should make heavy armor a strength skill tbqh
>>
Man, equipment shops really took a hit in 1.71.
Maybe they're secretly trying to make museums look good by comparison.
>>
>>17626942
RIP Rouken, he shall be missed.
I wonder what happened to him.
>>
what does invert status do?
>>
>>17626261
Nope. It's the Chaos god itself. Who turns out to be Sophia... I think. While Tez/Leold is actually the good guy the whole time...? I can't wait for Custom to have the translations updated so we know what the fuck is going on. Or if someone here who knows moonrunes could give a brief overview.
>>
>>17627191
This heavily feels like ano didn't play his own game in a while.
At this point he slashed every income source in the game.
That doesn't affect old or high level player even though it was the solle reason he did it.
And his craft patch is super underwhelming.
>>
>>17627318
Yeah, I'm probably going to switch back to 1.70 for the time being. Good thing I kept my 1.70 folder.
You can craft anything, sure, but the odds of getting something worthwhile are too low, especially when every crafting attempt takes a stardust.
At the same time, if you need money now there's no good ways left to get it.
>>
How much has necromancy changed in six months or so? I save scummed a necromancer a while back so for my clean character I wanted to know if there is anything to keep in mind. Like apparently coffins can now be reused which is fucking amazing.
>>
>>17626755
Because you have an attachment to your character due to quasi-permanence of it unlike in usual rougelikes.
>>
>>17623361
>There's a reason Juere is considered a newbie-trap race.
Wait, what? You mean to tell me the Gods chosen are not the master race
Forgive me, I'm new, the Jewre race seemed enticing for their charisma. Did I make a bad move?
>>
>>17623361
>Juere is considered a newbie-trap race.
Juere master race.
>>
>>17627482
Basically one of the best ways to get stat gains later on is from eating special "herbed" foods, and with Juere you can't eat as often.
I don't think it makes that big of a difference though, since if you want to eat a bunch of food you can just park yourself next to a hungry demon.
>>
File: 1438305789026.png (151KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
1438305789026.png
151KB, 449x442px
>>17627400
>rouge
>>
>>17627482

later on food not big deal so you want eat ton of it to get gain stats faster.

all the food you grow/meat you farm up have+ next to it = better stat gains form it
>>
Guise, help. My Elona Custom won't launch, neither regular Elona+ and both were working perfectly until yesterday. I get no error messages nor anything, just a lower resolution window that appears for an brief millisecond then closes.
>>
>>17627725
Make use you are using the latest version of both Plus (1.71) and Custom (1.71.1), drop them on a new folder to test it.
>>
File: feature_teamheroportraits.jpg (27KB, 623x133px) Image search: [Google]
feature_teamheroportraits.jpg
27KB, 623x133px
Is there a way to add more than 40 faces to the custom portraits? I wanna go apeshit on it and eventually replace everything with portraits from
western games
>>
>>17627820
Replace the default faces on face1.bmp and face2.bmp ("Graphic" folder) with an image editor.
>>
>>17627539
>>17627498
Sounds like it can somewhat mended with metabolism boosting gear. Or am I still fucked?
>>
>>17627882
Metabolism boost is just a funky way of saying it's boosting your Healing skill.
>>
Is the Herb bit posted in the wiki and the "Herb in" feature in the pot of fusion the same?
>>
>>17627892
Yep. The pot of fusion feature is used to add that bit to food.
>>
>>17627882
"Metabolism" is just a fancy way to say "it boosts Healing skill".
If you want, you can make a "new game plus" file by getting married and "making a gene" with your wife. Your new character will be recover to use all non-precious items from your old character's inventory with deeds of heirship (3 items of choice per deed). Check the wiki for more info.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Marriage_and_Genes
>>
>>17627890
...oh
>>
Is there a story behind this game being on /jp/ instead of /vg/? Did you faggots get to it first, or what.
>>
>>17627914
If you play the game, you'll understand why.
>>
File: wports.jpg (94KB, 579x551px) Image search: [Google]
wports.jpg
94KB, 579x551px
>>17627820
Yo I made these a while ago, they might fit the style you want https://mega.nz/#!4zgFBKTY!VrYi5rmHH-u6Qh1BTiyANqEYkOGEtorIDsnc9gNdj_o
>>
>>17627927
Thanks! I'm definitely using some of those.
>>
>>17627914
Look at the time between posts in the thread. You need constant posts every hour and ~100 active posters spread round the clock to stay alive on /vg/.
>>
File: 1503799662435.jpg (55KB, 510x362px) Image search: [Google]
1503799662435.jpg
55KB, 510x362px
>>17627914
Elona was here before /vg/ existed. But I think a lot of people here picked this game up on the roguelike thread. That is the thread for all roguelikes on /vg/ so Elona is there also, naturally.
>>
>>17627913
It doesn't REALLY matter in the long run. Jueres just have to eat less often, it isn't like they're losing out on stats. It just means they'll gain stats from food slower is all.
>>
>>17627882
I am playing Juere in midgame (act 2, herb farms set up, powerlevelling in void) and I think it's not that big a deal. I'm still making good progress, and nobody's maximally efficient with food intake to stat gain anyway (not always carrying enough herbed foods, eating stomafilia or cargo for convenience...). Slow metabolism is helpful to a new player learning the game, and a minor handicap later. I'd say pick whatever you want
>>
>>17627998
Yeah I was going to say, with all the non-herb food eating I do as a non-Juere it probably comes out even.
>>
do genes inherit the parents gp/pp?
>>
>>17628023
No.
>>
>>17627979
It's odd actually. I hate roguelikes, I could never get into any of them, then I absolutely fell in love with Elona. Then I also fell in love with dwarf fortress.
They're really unique and innovative.
>>
>>17628023
There's a sort of formula to how much gp/pp you get from the gene. I think at best, you can get 50000gp and like 50pp?
>>
What have you done lately for your goddess anon?
>>
>>17628030
boo.
i guess i could just load up on skins+9 and jerky from a ranch before making the gene and just sell them on the gene
>>
>>17628039
Saved several stray cats.
They keep ending up at my farm for some reason.
>>
>>17628039
Kumiromi is a boi
>>
>>17628039
I'm filling wells with loads of beer/whisky bottles and burning wishes on god summoning so I can get all final rewards from them sooner, then I will finally be able to go back to her.
>>
>>17628039
A lot of preaching

>>17628078
my negro
>>
>>17628034
The awful drought and lack of games similar to it also sort saddens me. The closest thing to DF is Rimworld, and the closest thing to Elona would be ZHP.
>>
>>17628039
I preach to everyone and they shower me with gold. If only preaching has some sort of other benefit and I could start a crusade to end kill other heathens.
>>
>>17628100
I'm definitely taking a deeper look into Elona and write some personalities or something. Bit by bit the game can be expanded even more.
/jp/ mod when?
>>
>>17628108
Preaching also trains will and faith. Higher faith means higher favor cap, higher favor means higher bonuses.
>>
>>17628112
If you can make NPCs go on their own quests/start rivalries/feuds with you and other NPCs I'd probably cum buckets.

Honestly if I could program I'd just start from scratch and make a roguelike Mount and Blade out of it.
>>
>>17628125
Yeah I know that. I just hope that preaching and converting people has more of an effect. Hope Ano adds a church as a new structure in the game and that the people I convert will go to that Church and offer gifts to their God.
>>
>>17628135
There are already NPC adventurers that go on quests and gain levels and find artifacts and can trade rare items with you. If you become friendly with them, they'll show up at your house on New Year's Day and give you a rare gift. If you kill them, they'll start training to defeat you and attack you on sight.
>>
>>17628180
Oh, I see. I wish they could do that to each other though. Would it be possible to actually see them in dungeons alongside you?
>>
>>17628186
You can hire adventurers to your party but no random encounters.
>>
>>17628186
You can hire them for a time if you pay them. They then act something like uncontrollable pets.
>>
File: sword.png (514KB, 813x639px) Image search: [Google]
sword.png
514KB, 813x639px
>>17628039
Yesterday while crafting claymores on my 12th stardust I got a living claymore called the healer. Surely Jure approves of my work seeing as how she loves claymores too. I believe this is a sign for me to go kill in her name with this weapon. Your will be done Jure.
>>
>>17628135
The game already have some of it, with adventurers' offscreen adventures, prostitutes murdering clients because they have no cash, and people killing each other in Party Time quests.
>>
File: bitch just can't get enough.png (57KB, 1339x64px) Image search: [Google]
bitch just can't get enough.png
57KB, 1339x64px
>>17628039
The other night I gave Ehekatl crabs, I'm glad she liked them.
>>
>>17628203
How can a god be so based? heals her followers and gives them weapons of mass destruction. Also gives a pet that allows them to cheat death.
>>
>>17628203
How does one craft claymores?
>>
>>17628271
Pot of fusion.
>>
File: succrola.png (97KB, 769x675px) Image search: [Google]
succrola.png
97KB, 769x675px
>>17627725 here

Guys, actually... Half the folders from my Elona folder fucking disappeared overnight, lol. Is there any fucking thing i can do? I think part of the data got corrupted/deleted by some retarded forced windows updated that appeared last night when i turned off my computer.

holy fucking shit, i will loss over 30 hours since last backup.
>>
>>17628271
New crafting system in 1.71.
>>
>>17628276
>>17628284
Eh? Sounds exciting.
>>
>>17628271

use one has a base+the mats it tells you to.

so you turn one old claymore into three new ones
>>
I see some of the npc portraits have multiple expressions. Does that mean it's possible to have multiple portraits for your pets based on dialogue?
>>
File: giphy.gif (787KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
787KB, 200x146px
>>17628205
>Party quest
>Evolves into whodunit
>>
>>17628282
Did you lose your save folder too? If yes, RIP.
Use ElonaExtender for auto-backups, and find a way to tell your OS to stop being a update-addicted slut.
>>
>>17628311
Yes. Follow examples in graphic 2 folder and select with change the atmosphere option when speaking to pet
>>
>>17628135
All I can do with quests is give ideas and write. I can't code anything at all.
I'd add a lot of little things if I could. Are there devtools or something for this game?
>>
Is there a secret way to get a spellbook of Healing Rain?

I've played this game for over 100 hours and I still haven't picked up a single spell book of healing rain.
>>
File: 4312345678i.png (9KB, 558x23px) Image search: [Google]
4312345678i.png
9KB, 558x23px
polite sage for /r/s but does anybody have a screencap of "You scream." need it for scientific purposes
>>
File: GIVE ME YOUR HAT.png (39KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
GIVE ME YOUR HAT.png
39KB, 200x175px
>>17624316
why is the soldier from tf2 your companion
>>
File: yee.jpg (2KB, 86x16px) Image search: [Google]
yee.jpg
2KB, 86x16px
>>17628418
Oh yeah man
>>
>>17628421
Better question is why is the soldier from tf2 NOT your companion?
>>
File: healingrain.png (557KB, 814x634px) Image search: [Google]
healingrain.png
557KB, 814x634px
>>17628376
Should exist for purchase on magic vendors. Don't know if investing will help them show up more but it can't hurt. After you read your first healing rain spellbook you should be able to reserve it at the mage guild. Appeared on page 3 for me. I suppose you can also find them on dungeon floors every now and then so keep your eyes open for them.
>>
Don't you just hate it when your 1400 hour character dies because you accidentally throw a fucking potion at your face and that it its fucking acid?
>>
>>17628537
How much damage does acid do?
>>
>>17628537
Pics or it didn't happen

>>17628544
Think it depends on alchemy
>>
File: 2 happy beds.png (157KB, 385x283px) Image search: [Google]
2 happy beds.png
157KB, 385x283px
>Get into random dungeon
>Make my way through
>Keep trying to pickpocket Yerles infantry boss
>because he had a Miracle silver armor
>he keeps calling the guards making me lose karma
>Finally my pet little girl kills him
>kinda sad that I couldn't get that
>Check loot
>He drops the miracle silver armor
>he also drops his platinum girdle
>Feeling pretty good
>On my way out of the cave
>kill some random cupid
>motherfucker drops the Happy Bed
>it's 30 stones
>fuck it
>drop a bunch of shit and drag it back to my cave
>Check Vernis because its near to my cave for quests
>Take a Hunting job
>Kill some random Cupid here too
>it also drops the Happy Bed
>Now I have 2 Happy Beds
This game is fucking stupid but I still love it. Plus, I thought these things were supposed to be rare given that it's a part of the suggested wishes on the wiki. Did I just have a streak of luck?
>>
File: 2 happy beds.png (232KB, 648x356px) Image search: [Google]
2 happy beds.png
232KB, 648x356px
>>17628551
Just remembered they share sprites, so heres the text box
>>
>>17628135
If I could what I'd do is expand the map, or add a way to travel to another world map VIA magical gate or something. With an entire new main quest and all. That way it's not intrusive at all and I can add all the shit I want.
Sourcecode is out, did the author release anything else I can scavenge? A mapmaker would be great.
>>
>>17628551
The wiki page was written before the current rare item drop system.
>>
>>17628549
I was too frustrated to do so.
I think I am going to stop playing that results with perma death for now
>>
>>17628551
You can use the house board to redesign your cave. Enter to check tiles, click to select and place, rightclick to copy. You can make a nice little wood floor bedroom to put your beds in.
>>
>>17628565
On loss mode once you get past the earlygame chances of dying become slim. You should have a lot of con+life and barrier before too long.
>>
>>17628203
How's the damage of the claymore Kai? You used a living spear before so I'm wondering. Spear has pierce while claymore doesn't. How valuable is pierce?
>>
>>17628614
>>17622935
>>17623073
>>
>>17628531
I guess that I am just really unlucky. But at least I know they do exist now. Thanks
>>
File: claymore.png (550KB, 813x635px) Image search: [Google]
claymore.png
550KB, 813x635px
>>17628614
Damage is higher with the claymore than the spear. Shouldn't be too surprising since the dice of the claymore is better and so is the plus bonus attached to the dice(not counting blacksmith bonus). It's easier to hit enemies for almost 2 million unbuffed currently. Enemies in the void certainly feel like they're going down faster.

Pierce is nice to have but it's probably best appreciated once you start fighting enemies that actually have decent armor skill levels. Probably won't notice much against enemies that don't scale though. Pierce makes sure that most of the damage you do gets through. It can be very important for smaller dice weapons like the lightsaber but for bigger dice weapons you can still do decent damage even though some of that will get absorbed through the enemies defense. In the case of the claymore vs the spear the claymore does enough damage to still be fine without pierce.

In a previous thread an anon shared his findings about the damage weapons do. I found anon's graph and his info useful. >>17622698

The graph suggests that the claymore and the hammer have the highest damage dice of things of things you can craft. Claymore doesn't suffer from an accuracy penalty like the hammer though.
>>
File: 1464038980511.png (198KB, 648x586px) Image search: [Google]
1464038980511.png
198KB, 648x586px
>Elona+/Custom 1.7.1 freezes immediately after language screen even on a fresh new folder/no mods/no Custom
>can only play Custom 1.70.1 now and craft spears while everyone else is getting crazy living claymores
send help
>>
I've been reading about this game for a while and it looks really good. Does anyone happen to have an updated monster girl sprite sheet?
>>
File: sb.png (106KB, 433x186px) Image search: [Google]
sb.png
106KB, 433x186px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJz33hKDR0
>>
>>17628774
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmiKo9lvAVg
>>
>>17628740
tried changing compatability mode to windows 7?
>>
File: kms.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kms.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>17628902
Yes, also messed around with config.txt (turning off disclaimer and other things), used different HDD, tried to kill every non-essential windows process (explorer.exe included). After creating multiple copies of the game's folder, I managed to create one that somehow works. But if I copy this specific folder or apply my (updated) modded files on it, the game freezes again.
I wish I wasn't braindead retarded with computers.
>>
Is there a point in having an ether material kit or should I change it to adamantium?
>>
>>17629108
Both ether and adamantium can make highest damage rolling weapons but ether brings along with it corruption. Not a problem for pets but might be a problem or a minor anoyance for the player. Adamantium armor I think has some of the highest PV while ether gives some of the highest DV instead. Again got to worry about corruption from ether for the player though.
>>
File: statues.png (14KB, 210x35px) Image search: [Google]
statues.png
14KB, 210x35px
It's the best feeling when you get super drunk and play elona then get on the next day with cool shit in your inventory you didn't know you had.
>>
File: 1491224318848.jpg (39KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1491224318848.jpg
39KB, 665x574px
>>17629107
Apparently all I had to do was to rename the folder to a number-only name, put it inside 7 folders, and install each modded/custom file one by one (copy-pasting the folders is a big no, too scary). And it only took me +5 hours to figure this out!
Now I just need to clear my mind from all these suicidal thoughts and maybe I will enjoy the game again.
>>
>>17629136
Doesn't rubynus already cover DV without slowly poisoning you? Guess I will keep it and use it on a good weapon for my pet.
>>
>>17629234
Elona Material Technical Information - Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13x1Si6M6w_SB9ucf2FMBq4ahhkM-UfBozQ4SZqWzfOQ/edit#gid=0
>>
Where are you getting 1.71? The Axfc site is still showing 1.70.
>>
>>17629260
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014
>>
>>17629268
I meant +, not +C. You need + to use +C, right?
>>
>>17629260
BloodyShade's site have the updated version, check pastebin for links.
>>
>>17629260
Axfc showing 1.71 for me

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:26639
>>
>>17629283
Thanks, sorry to have bothered everyone.
>>
File: Pardon.png (246KB, 439x321px) Image search: [Google]
Pardon.png
246KB, 439x321px
I'm getting mixed signals when someone says this with that alias.
>>
File: 6432581_p0.jpg (643KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
6432581_p0.jpg
643KB, 700x950px
I'm been reading conflicting things about pets and Stamina. There are multiple wikia Ally pages that state that pets will enter Tired status upon using their special actions:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Fox_brother
>Megid Flame consumes enough stamina to make them VERY tired (and hence, suffer a massive speed penalty) unless they have a considerable amount of will or constitution to counteract the loss of stamina
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/M_girl
>...be careful though, as her low Constitution means that she will immediately enter Very Tired status...

But Elona+ Custom's AI page describes how pets don't actually use stamina even though they have Stamina:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4
>Secondly, since pets do not use stamina...

So which is it? Do they use Stamina? Do they actually suffer speed penalties from overuse?
>>
>>17629433
I would like to know how someone determined that their pet had the Tired status.
>>
>>17629219
Is your install folder so deep on your drive that the path length is exceeding 255 characters?
I mean I don't know, but I've seen that cause issues for programs in the past.
>>
>>17629637
I think the health bare goes yellow when they're tired? Happens right after resurrection so that doesn't seem too off
>>
>>17629433
Pets, and in fact all NPCs, don't use stamina. I have never seen a Tired pet.
And I kinda trust someone who code dives Elona a bit more than sourceless badadvice.
>>
Any tips on levelling up lower level companions? Just got a fire dragon, but I'm level 15 and it's level 2. Whats a good way to go about this?
>>
>>17630281
take him to puppy cave, walk around and occasionally hold your finger on the 5 numpad button an let him loose!
>>
how do i dual wield ? whatever i put on my character its either too light or too heavy for dual wield for him, wtf.
>>
>>17630524
4s for mainhand, 1.5s for offhand to start.
Anything above 4s isn't likely to work.
After two hands you get increasing accuracy penalty gets pretty ridiculous.
Of course, you do want to get that skill pretty high as you wear heavier items.
>>
So I decided to give the <Beautiful Shell> to my pet to wear. Later, I found another. But when I took it it turned to stardust, and that's fine, but the issue is that when I took it back from my pet, that ALSO turned into Stardust. Is there a way to fix this or am I fucked?
>>
>>17630593
Honestly they're pretty common.
That being said, if you desperately want one and can take down a big daddy, the Little Sister quest can do it for ya'.
>>
>>17630602
No, I mean can I pick up another Beautiful Shell and not have it turn to dust in my hands?
>>
>>17630607
Oh shit, no clue.
I've never had an item turn into Stardust like that unless there was a copy on the map or in someone's inventory...
>>
>>17630610
Fuck, guess I'll try resetting the game and trying to get it again.
>>
>>17630625
If you wanna save scum it, try grabbing a material box or small chest (unopened, of course) and carry it until you find a special shell. Pretty sure the sprite is always the same.
>>
how do I get rid of the ether disease
>>
>>17630664
Potion of Cure Corruption. You get one from the king in Palmia as you progress on the main quest.
>>
>>17630664
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Disease
>The only way to cure ether disease is by using a potion of cure corruption
>>
>>17630695
>>17630700
damn it might as well restart
>>
>>17630724
Nah, you're gonna get the disease with pretty much any character. You'd probably find some as random drops in dungeons as well. If that's not an option, use your casino chips, get 5 wins in a row and you should also get one.
>>
>>17630768
five diseases and three mutations
I think I am resetting
>>
>>17630791
that's nothing
>>
>>17630823
even a chicken one hits me
its not fucking fair anymore
>>
If my house is full of shopkeepers, can I not get visitors anymore?
Got 6/6 and it's been about a month since I've seen anyone....
House is rank 32 too so it's not like it's a hole in the ground.
>>
>>17630831
get a 2nd floor and stick em upstairs?
>>
File: 1435962817035.png (1MB, 800x1488px) Image search: [Google]
1435962817035.png
1MB, 800x1488px
>>17630791
You're nothing...
>>
>>17630847
you must be one of those chernobyl monsters
>>
>>17630847
>elea
>level 6
>8 diseases
But how?
>>
>>17630846
Great idea!
Though that's a bit of a wait... (March at the moment)
Guess I better fire someone.
Pretty reliant on those trainers since I can't get potential potions at the moment...
>>
>>17630880
Look at his racial feats, too.
>>
File: 1432677348768.png (118KB, 638x229px) Image search: [Google]
1432677348768.png
118KB, 638x229px
>>17630847
reposting that made me remember when the chatserver was still working...
good times...
>>
Is throwing any good?
>>
Alright, actually got a visitor, so I determined that having a full house doesn't stop visitors.
>>
>>17631086
throwing uses tactics, not marksman, and train strength as well as dex
You can throw panties for mind damage, shurikens for bleeding, grenades for a 3*3 sound based AoE.

I used throwing and a grenade on my beginner thief character to "snipe" stuff from miles away to train my stealth to 30.

Now i use Yacatect's weapon for a 100% piercing attack, sometimes change to panties to deal with mages, or a grenade for AoE, a shuriken with darkness bolt proc for an in-line mass damage/blinding, or just throw a schyte for the decapitation proc.

I usually only throw anything when i don't want to teleport in the middle of a horde of angry
critters which is usually not the case. I'm a martial artist golem with 187 life and dual wielding two tonfas. I AM going to be in your face, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>17630886
Have you tried picnic baskets? I started using them for meals and my potentials skyrocketed.
>>
File: nana table.gif (313KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
nana table.gif
313KB, 300x300px
>>17629693
No, the original path was pretty short (c/games/freeware/elona).
Now the game freezes if I don't rename the folder after turning on the computer (going back to the original name will break the game again). I have no idea what is going on anymore (1.70 still works fine), but I will just accept my fate and rename this folder forever so I can enjoy the game in peace.
>>
is there even a remote fucking way to complete five day escort quests?
>>
>>17631223
When you are fast enough it becomes easy. Sick daddy quests asking you to take him from Derphy to Noyel in 2 days? Still no clue.
>>
>>17631223
Get seven league boots and 2 rings with the same enchantment by using Garoks hammer. Or just have a ton of speed. Or both.
>>
>>17631223
Get more speed and stack items with "travel progress" enchantments, like seven league boots and rings enchanted with garok hammer.
>>
>>17631159
I haven't.... Just got a ranch set up though, so soon.
If it's that great though I'll definitely prioritize it!
Any idea if it works on pets?
>>
>>17631240
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Large_picnic_basket
>it raises every stat potential of the PC and all pets
>>
I didn't know you can nuke everything
>>
>>17631259
Ah cool beans.
That'll make everything so much easier.
Cooking's 14 but I just got pickpocketing and plan on stealing every tree I see. So that'll get powerlevelled soon. One of the vendors in my house regularly sells fish too so I'm pretty set there.
>>
>start playing after a long break
>10 hours in
>save file corrupted

That's really annoying. A little bit longer, and I'd have backed up the save, but 10 hours is also a lot of time lost.

Don't know if I can be bothered getting through that annoying 'Get shops to potion of potential' level again.
>>
>>17628375
Pls respond.
>>
>>17631280
Use ElonaExtender, it will auto-backup your save files on save&exit (or on every manual/auto-save if you want, by this may cause crashes every now and then).
>>
>>17631300

Still need to gather my resolve to get through the whole starting process first.
>>
>>17631302
I lost my +40h character before, but I was able to recover most of my lost time in less than 10h. It's easy to recover your progression if you know what you are doing and have a plan to do it.
Also, if you want, you can try to recover your corrupted save. One option is to type "fixcorrupt1" on console (F12). The other option is to create a whole new save file, and transfer the files of your corrupted save to the new one, testing them one by one. Save folders have tons of files, but you can just test the main ones listed in http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/EloSnack . After you find the broken file, ignore it and transfer the rest of the files to the new save. Hopefully you will be able to recover at least your inventory, so you can get a gene and transfer your stuff to the new character.
>>
I wish we had a better idea of what was causing the save corruptions.
Personally I have never had a corrupted save over 500+ hours of gameplay, but some people seem to get them weekly or daily.
I've had crashes a handful of times over my entire history with Elona, but they never reoccurred and never corrupted my save.
>>
>>17631230
Set your home near Noyel and use Return. Sure you will lose 10 karma, but quests sending you across entire continent usually pay enough to make this a mere minor inconvenience.
>>
I spent many hours getting fucked over by a putit with a gun

And now after getting my revenge and fucking one.

I am happy.
>>
i gave my cute fairy a crossbow and crossbow bolt but she's not using it, why?
>>
>>17631540
Aren't military putits neutral NPCs?

>>17631568
Are you using custom AI? Elona's default Archer AI have weird priorities (except on intercept mode).
>>
>>17631568
Target Distance = 1: Move (Away)
Target Distance < 6: Attack (Ranged)
Target Distance > 1: Move (Forward)
>>
>>17631568
Also, you need to choose "Range" when giving the crossbow to her, using "Hand" will equip it on her melee slot (so she will use it as a blunt weapon).
>>
>>17631589
im not using custom AI, but im on elona+ 1.71 custom

>>17631596
she just moves in to melee if she isn't shooting magic

>>17631597
i did gave her in the range slot
>>
>>17631605
>im not using custom AI
Use it, follow >>17631596 suggestion. If it doesn't work, then there is something wrong with her gear.
>>
>>17631596
>if distance is more than 1, move forward
>if distance is 1, move away
sounds like an infinite loop just begging to happen
>>
>>17631652
oh wait no I'm reading this wrong, aren't I?
>>
>>17631652
The way it works is that the attack takes priority, thus translating to not shooting unless in range.
The only time they move forward is when there are no enemies in range.
>>
So, my ranch has been running for a while, and I got zombie milk (!?)
Is that the same as regular milk for the purposes of cooking?
>>
>>17631701
If the second line is true (enemy in correct range, ranged weapon properly equipped with ammo and all), the pet will do it instead of checking the third line.
The "melee range check" line is on top, so the pet will always make sure to avoid melee range before considering the other two lines.
Basically, "am I in melee range? If not, should I attack now? If not, I guess I will just move forward." End turn, back to first line.
>>
>>17631721
Yes, every [NPC] Milk is just normal milk.
>>
>>17631721
Milk is milk. Squeeze your zombies for +milk and turn it into +cheese. +food trains Speed.
>>
>>17631721
>not having a farm of fox brothers being milked by busty onee-sans
>>
>>17631758
Thanks!
>>17631761
Oh, so that's how people get over 1000 speed.
>>17631773
I uh...appreciate the sentiment, but I think this game is lewd enough without my help. Y'know besides the constantly whoring myself out.
>>
Where does Elona store gene files anyway? I kind of want to port a gene from 1.70 to 1.71 but I'm unsure where its actually saved.
>>
>>17631914
I guess it is just your old save file. My gene file disappeared after I deleted my old character.
>>
>>17631376
It's because they're using the cheating client supposedly called Elona "custom".
>>
>>17632044
Wait... all Elona Custom does is allow you to cheat?
>>
>>17632070
If not wanting shitty pet AI is cheating, I suppose.
>>
>>17632044
Perhaps I should have clarified that I have had no corruptions and I'm using custom as well.
I don't use Extender though.
>>
wait does the normal elona+ even have save corruption?
>>
>>17632112
I think it's an issue that depends more on bad PC juju than whatever you're running Elona with.
I've heard Elona Extender causes occasional crashes, but that's not corruptions.
>>
>>17632112
Yes it's definitely possible, which is why you are recommended to always save at home or in a static location, especially when updating.
>>
>>17632150
>>17632181
then i assume it's safe to run elona+ custom even if i don't need it's features?
>>
>>17632193
It translates the plot into English, which is the main draw next to custom AI for pets, so yeah.
I've never had a save corruption ever, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't back up your saves regularly.
>>
Any tips on how to add small random events on Elona? Stuff like the dreams or finding a corpse and all that.
>>
>>17632193
Yes, the only "unsafe" to play Elona is to not backup your files. Either get ElonaExtender (only use "backup on exit") or do it manually.
>>
>>17632205
That, unfortunately, falls on the hardcoded side of things.
You'd have to get the source somehow, add them to the code, and recompile Elona.
>>
what if i throw potion of evolution on to my pets?
>>
>>17632220
That's sad. It would be great if we could add our own tiny things like plants, events, items, lands and quests.
>>
>>17632220
>You'd have to get the source somehow
It's "source.hsp" in the game folder
Good luck
>>
>>17631086
I throw a 40s boulder around, it's neat.
>>
What sprites do you recommend for a first time player?
>>
>>17632698
The normal ones.
>>
>>17632698
Anything but the normal ones.
They're pretty hideous.
>>
>>17632698
Download tieba pack from the mod pastebin and just pick a pcc (player custom character) sprite and find or make your own portrait.
https://pastebin.com/uAVqeTbz
>>
>>17632698
The vanilla ones, though it'll be hard to tell punk from gangster, the game itself is pretty consistent in style
>>
Sprites is too general a term, I think most of us can agree the default PLAYER sprites aren't that great (hence people make their own) but the default E+ NPC sprites are pretty good (they look a lot better than the vanilla sprites from years ago)
>>
>>17632750
Well yeah, the E+ ones are decent, the thing is some sprites from original Elona are still there especially for the enemies, and those in particular look like some hot resized garbage.
>>
File: dorf.png (45KB, 1730x784px) Image search: [Google]
dorf.png
45KB, 1730x784px
Vernek the dwarf yet "Booze Fortress" his name,
He went to the mines seeking fortune and fame,
A digger by day, he'd stay at the mine,
but at night he'd give the innkeeper wine,
and with passion and vigor spend his time,
digging the girl's privates up to her spine.

With greed in his eyes the short pimp travelled west,
and did make a good fortune, such is fate's jest!
for in Vernis he'd left affairs undone,
got branded as "villain, by all folks shunn'd".
And in coming back guardmen saw him bann'd,
Then before he could ask, or make demands,
They surrounded the lad, crossbows in hands,
For his manwhorish ways, a bolt to the head
His fame and his fortune gone: he was dead!

Listen and remember, then, girls and lads.
the moral inside this long lasting rant
Seek fame and seek fortune; it shall be grant'd
Keep your bags full of coin, but your dick in your pants!

RIP Vernek, you will be remembered as the unlucky cunt who got 360 noscoped due to repeatedly banging the innkeeper and forgetting some quests
>>
File: anime dog.jpg (33KB, 437x471px) Image search: [Google]
anime dog.jpg
33KB, 437x471px
>>17632901
Stop dying
>>
When All-in-one Graphics Pack will be updated for the last version?
>>
>>17632988
Don't hold your breath.
>>
>>17632988
What's there to update?
>>
>>17632988
Often the original creator is long gone, but it is easy to update old sheets by simply comparing to new default and copying new default sprites over to the spritesheet you want to update. Rarely does anybody update them since people make their own by adding sprites to their personal taste. Basically it is more reliable to do it yourself

>>17633005
Pretty sure they added some new NPCs which means new sprites that'd be missing if you're still using any custom spritesheet
>>
>>17630847
In 3 hours this guy managed to do more than me but in a negative way. This is why we don't stay and play in the ether wind snow kids. Even if you're an Elea you can end up horribly mutated.
>>
>>17633020
Oh, great. Can you recommend me some guide for creating own graphic pack. I will appreciate a lot.
>>
>>17633064
You uh, you look inside the folder for sprites/pictures you want to replace and you replace them. Use correct filetype (usually bmp) and saving as 24-bit without color space information. There are ready to use ones in all of the mod pastebin packs and you can mix and match (e.g. grab UI/spritesheet/backgrounds/map tiles seperately). There's also a lot on pixiv.
>>
Thanks a lot you jerks. Now I can't get a fire dragon child as a pet without worrying that one of you guys probably fucked him in the ass. Dragon is going grow up with all sorts of problems.
>>
>>17633098
I WAS JUST TRYING TO SEE IF IT WOULD WORK OKAY
>>
>>17633020
GameCharacterHub. Use that shit. It's THE ultimate tool.
>>
The etrian odyssey music pack is super comfy.
>>
>>17633104
Ever since I was introduced to this feature, I've been knocking out female bandits when I encounter them and raping them. This is fun.
>>
>>17633171
I just finished jacking off don't make me start again.
>>
File: paintdotnet.jpg (206KB, 1032x552px) Image search: [Google]
paintdotnet.jpg
206KB, 1032x552px
>>17633064
I believe All-In-One pack have some .psd files as guides, and I think Tieba Pack have some simple but untranslated image editors too, but it's pretty simple stuff. One simple method to "update" an outdated graphical file is to simply open the new one on any image editor (even windows' paint), paste the custom outdated file on top of it, save and call it a day.
If you want to customize each character/item/element individually, or want to remove stuff you don't like, you will need something better than the old paint.
For example, I use paint.net (pic related). Copy the bmp file with the character I want, paste it on the grid (while optional, I prefer to target a separated layer, named "custom", to keep the original image intact), turn "off" all unused layers, turn it into a single layer and save it as a 24-bit bmp file named "character.bmp", then drop it inside the elona/graphic folder. Same for Interface, Item, Map, backgrounds, and so on.
Character, Map and Item uses 48x48 size per item (48x96 for big NPCs/objects), while Interface is a bit "all over the place".
>>
>>17633171
*pant pant*
>>
>>17633176
Unfortunately I forgot to screencap every moment. I've had 3 victims so far. Will start collecting them as trophies. Let it be my Hall of Rape.
>>
>>17633171
Romance and breeding would be fun.
>Vendor puts prices 50% more expensive because you knocked up his wife.
>An entire city declares war on you because you cucked the mayor
>A god decides to impregnate you so you can give birth to a great hero, s/he will get offended if the child dies before birth.
>Stealing children and raising them up as your personal bodyguards
>Going full Hojo with random species.
>Breeding goblins together until you get a hypergoblin servant.
>>
>>17631234
Just start as snail and get 8 boots limbs and 3 ring limbs
>>
File: one punch.png (46KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
one punch.png
46KB, 200x200px
>>17633171
You just gave me a reason to fill up my cart with cargo items again.
>>
>>17633171
Rance, go back to the continent.
>>
>>17633204
One thing I'd like to see is if pets with "Cat" obedience level and high relationship would end up "taking charge," so to speak.
>>
>>17633204
You can already breed creatures, it's just that it takes only one creature and they somehow materialize more of their species (or sometimes completely unrelated creatures) and produce eggs and milk regardless if the breeder is a male, skeleton or a robot.

What I really would like to see is making a gene with your spouse and actually getting an NPC child out of it instead of it being new game only.
>>
>>17633171
So those bandits really did "Try me" one way or another
>>
>>17633232
One of the other Elona mods is focused on lewd stuff and has this feature.
>>
>>17633241
Which one? The ones on the pastebin seemed rather uninteresting. Are the all compatible with the newest version?
>>
>>17633241
Enhanced love miracle or something? Too bad nearly every single fork other than E+ is basically dead.
>>
>>17633261
By mods I mean of vanilla, so not at all compatible with Plus.

>>17633265
That's the one.
>>
A dumb question but this game can be weird at times, does high carpentry skill means more chances of a good weapon or is that up to the luck stat? Or is it both?
>>
>>17633320
Just luck, at least for normal crafting.
Pot of Fusion is a bit different: wood/stone craft, for example, have low skill level requirements but higher levels unlock new results and increases the quality of the result. I'm not sure how the new weapon crafting system works with skill levels, but luck is always relevant. Praise Ehekatl!
>>
>>17633374
Why is Ehekatl so broken? Too many things are up to luck.
>>
>>17633435
>broken
Hardly.
>>
>>17633435
It only affects item quality at generation, casino winning odds and has a minor effect on hitrate...
>>
File: sd.png (21KB, 155x62px) Image search: [Google]
sd.png
21KB, 155x62px
Party Time quests are pretty good for stardust.
>>
>>17633514
You monster, how many lives have you extinguished to gather those dusts?!
>>
>>17633586
I managed to reduce casualties by using the Oracle spell and pickpocket to avoid murdering bystanders. Also after I sent away my fox brother who loves to spam Magic Storm.
I still want to complete the jobs and get music tickets, after all.
>>
>>17633586
How many curarias have you eaten?
>>
File: Wx7Wf.jpg (11KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Wx7Wf.jpg
11KB, 184x184px
>>17633605
>>
What's a good way to get a 2nd machine heart before I can tackle Yeslerwood? Ultima was cake but yesles ohko'd me, I'm like level 45 atm, beat ultima at 36~
>>
>>17630922
Do those death messages only show up of you don't crawl back up? I've died a couple times and crawled up but my deaths never get broadcasted
>>
File: like.png (291KB, 597x384px) Image search: [Google]
like.png
291KB, 597x384px
I like how most of the Seminar Lectures in Elona Custom aren't translated, but out of the handful done, this 4th option is one of them.
>>
>>17633680
Aside from Yerleswood I think your only source is just a lucky drop from mechanical monsters.
Xeren electric tanks are known to drop them.
>>
Getting back in the game again.
Where do i find E+ latest?
The E+ website only has 1.7.0 in it, but the dev updated his changelogs until 1.7.1
>>
>>17633816
BloodyShade's site (check pastebin for links).
>>
File: 1290714888987.jpg (4KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1290714888987.jpg
4KB, 126x126px
How is food value calculated, aside from its +? Does it depend on the level of the monster? If so, is that value reduced by de-leveling a monster?

>>17633816
https://www.axfc.net/u/3843451.zip
>>
anyone know what these mystery fields are? they don't show up in the spell formulae listed on the wiki
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HqN8Smlw0--0EfleXsGzeSWzIMC8NOh0Z7z0alfPonU/edit#gid=2105866006
>>
>>17633836
The monster's weight, actually. Kai worked it out a few threads ago. (I'm assuming the egg nerf didn't affect corpses...)
>>
>>17633841
Huh. So a 200kg putit and a 200kg dragon would have equally valuable corpses?
I'll try and track down that post.
>>
>>17633841
>>17633858
Well, looks like it's true.
Guess if I want to get some real profits out of my ranch I'll have to find some heavyweights instead of these darn fairies.
I've already got all the SEoKs I could want.
>>
>>17633828
>>17633836
Thanks
>>
File: scutfairy.png (40KB, 1075x59px) Image search: [Google]
scutfairy.png
40KB, 1075x59px
So why isn't the cute fairy called the Scut Fairy instead? It would be more in-universe.
>>
>>17633893
Because it's the Cute Fairy, not the It's Cute Fairy.
>>
File: slow down.png (41KB, 649x125px) Image search: [Google]
slow down.png
41KB, 649x125px
>>
>>17628100
Good taste anon
ZHP2 when
>>
What is the best material in the inferior, normal, and superior groups?
>>
Farming music tickets is pure suffering. Why does this exist?
>>
>>17634286

i miss the old summon spirits

;-(
>>
I have always wondered why a putit that is driving a tank of all things doesn't get the armor bitflag.
>>
File: Capture.png (14KB, 616x30px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14KB, 616x30px
My game made a funny.
>>
>>17634314

Snail gets it when it turns into metal slug but the putit does not
>>
>>17634207
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13x1Si6M6w_SB9ucf2FMBq4ahhkM-UfBozQ4SZqWzfOQ/edit#gid=0
>>
>>17633223
Ever since I married my little girl, one of my other pets keeps trying to fug me when I go to sleep. They gotta hold the sleep sheep for that to happen, I believe.
>>
>>17634500
they never sleep crawl me
what the hell man
>>
File: easy mode.jpg (382KB, 800x696px) Image search: [Google]
easy mode.jpg
382KB, 800x696px
Man, fuck that second form. Now that I am filthy rich, I am finally going to train my pets till they are thrice as strong as my character.
>>
>is sleepy
>chracter is sleepy
>made character sleep
>i lay down too
>just woke up
True elona experience
>>
>>17634536
Did a little girl appeared on your bed looking for some cuddling action too?
>>
>>17634541
I wish anon..
>>
Do pets keep spending gold while in town even if their potentials are maxed?
>>
>>17634547
Try wishing for "friend" instead of "little girl" next time you visit your favorite toilet, this way you will get more than a simple trading card.
>>
>>17634513
She's not even at cat status, just peer. I dunno, man.
I've been trying to get them to do that for a while and it only started happening after I married.
>>
>>17634561
I don't know how to check the precise values of attribute potentials, but my pet loves to burn cash even with all skill at 400% and all attributes at superb (201~400%).
>>
>>17634561
Yes.
>>
I finally got the flame edge. I'm so excited I think I peed a little.
>>
>>17633146
Pretty much the best music pack
>>
>>17634637
The flame edge is a bad weapon and you should chop your little dick off and kill yourself.
>>
>>17634701
You sound hurt by my good fortune. Don't worry. You can get a flame edge too if you work hard for one.
>>
>>17634711
I swear to god if you have fun with this game I will completely end your life one way or another.
>>
>>17634767
How much fun are we talking about here? Sometimes I get so excited I pee a little and other times a lot. Maybe if I peed only a little I wouldn't be having too much fun but just enough fun.
>>
>>17634805
Te;ll you what if you pee into a jar a little bit I'll donate on kickstarter to get a taste of that sweet sweet nectar.
>>
how would i capture chickens for my ranch if i kill them in 1 hit?
>>
How the fuck do I check my own karma value
>>
>>17634828
Knockout action (from feat) or Dominate (from rod or spell)
>>
>>17634832
Your character sheet
>>
>thought it was hard to kill whom dwell in the vanity
>mixed sulfur acid, poison in beer
>killed him
eh...is getting ragnarok this easy?
>>
>>17634916
yeah, it's very easy which makes it a good way to farm hundreds of stardust
>>
>>17634916
Why is getting the ragnarok at a low level a good thing?
>>
>>17634593
They spend cash? I never even noticed that. My little girl sold a rock to a shop one time though.

Exactly how does this work? Do they buy actual items and keep them in their inventory? Would explain how my ojou-sama keeps finding bottles to throw.
>>
>>17634930
They sell any ore they've picked up and use any money they have to increase their potentials.
>>
>>17634945
So it's just from their personal money pools? Doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>17634929
>>17634916

star dust farm
>>
>>17635032
How long does it take for him to respawn?
>>
>>17634916
how do you mix poison?
I tried on a crimson ale but nothing happens
>>
what do i use those bones,hearths,eyes for ? i keep on collecting those and putting in reset free zones for future eventual needs.
>>
>>17635241
Income. Identify a bone and now you can sell all the bones for a profit, do the same with eyes, skins etc.
You can sell it via shop as well... or use them for coffins of necromancy to raise the dead to do your bidding.

Basically they are just weightless junk that gets value the higher the monster it came from.
>>
>>17635080
B to mix anything.
>>17634593
This is my most wanted fix, make them stop asap when something reach 350%.
>>17635282
I fucking wish I could use powdered bones in lieu of stardust. Stardust farming is an awful meta which will create an endless stream of nerfs.
>>
File: What.png (492KB, 1026x769px) Image search: [Google]
What.png
492KB, 1026x769px
I just got this, but how do I load additional ammo?
>>
>>17635349
capital A for [A]mmo power
keep cycling it if you want normal ammo back
>>
>>17635396
Oh, thanks
>>
>>17635396
But what do they mean my Max? Is there a certain number of these bullets that I have?
>>
>>17635424
You only have that many of that special shot type. Once you run out you have to get a ammo box or blacksmith to refill them. You can still use the normal ammo though, it is unlimited.
>>
And by normal ammo, I mean the normal shot type.
>>
how do i teach a spell to my pet. im using elona custom and i see no spells to be tought on a list
>>
>>17635441
Oh okay, gotcha
>>
>>17635514
He needs the casting skill at an adequate level
>>
>>17634916
what version are you playing?
mixing acid into beer gives me a "nothing happened" message
>>
>>17634074
I wish. The closest thing we got was Fate Guided Paradox and I don't see NIS ever delving into roguelikes again for a foreseeable future
>>
Guys which program (I mean parser) do you use, for extracting a text from the game for translation purpose?
>>
If I were to get a pet alien, can it impregnate my enemies?
>>
>>17635514
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4#Teaching_a_Spell_or_Ability
>"Teach a spell" allows you to have your pet begin to learn a spell. The conditions are: 1) You must have leveled the spell to at least 50. 2) The pet's Casting skill level must be greater than the difficulty of the spell divided by 15. Spell difficulty is ignored for magic dart and heal light spells.
>>
>>17635731
Yes, but I believe the spawned aliens are hostile anyway.
>>
I spent five hours trying to get out of one Lesima floor

>the fucking room of skeletons
I gave up. I savescummed
>>
File: She wanted more.png (646KB, 1598x1198px) Image search: [Google]
She wanted more.png
646KB, 1598x1198px
She really wanted it
>>
File: twice a virign.png (660KB, 1602x1201px) Image search: [Google]
twice a virign.png
660KB, 1602x1201px
>>17636042
also, I took both of her virginity.
>>
>>17636058
You get those every time. In Japanese it's "bodily fluids," not blood.
>>
>>17636042
>two times in a row
must be her mating season
>>
File: Wish.png (345KB, 1025x767px) Image search: [Google]
Wish.png
345KB, 1025x767px
Please help a newbie make a wish.
>>
>>17636197
seven league boots or happy bed
>>
>>17636197
You got seven league right? Either that or the gauge wish-only items
>>
>>17636197
Seven league boots.
>>
>>17636200
>>17636203
I already have 3 happy beds, and I have the Da i thalon boots, is 7 leagues better?

>gauge wish only
What? Explain
>>
>>17636210
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Shift_cores
And yeah seven league is superior
>>
>>17636210
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Shift_cores
>>
>>17636210
7 leagues are better for traveling, yes.
>>
Is "Improves your Cooking/Fishing Skill" really rare? I've been checking vendors a lot and I've never seen them.

And can anything roll anything, like an arrow roll bonus cooking/mining/ect?
>>
>>17636222
I think rare arrows can only have special ammo.
>>
>>17636222
It's all based on attentiveness really. Sometimes you just discard equipment you didn't know you actually need until you come looking for it.
>>
>>17636222
Yeah, bonuses can go damn near anywhere. Except ammo.
Kumiromi's Scythe has a nice cooking and gardening bonus.
>>
>>17636212
>>17636214
>>17636215
>shift cores
Holy fuck these seem broken as fuck.

Also, how is Scroll of Ally? I mean, I already have a ranch full of shades because Winged Snail a sex god, but is scroll of ally worth it?
>>
>>17636240
nvm, it autosaved after I got the boots which are dogshit
>>
>>17636245
Blow a scroll of change material or something on the boots.
>>
>>17636240
Scroll of ally just gives you a random pet based on your level. Can be useful if you buy them in large quantities, but not reliable at all. You can get them in stacks from any sufficiently invested magic shop. If you were asking whether to wish for them, hell no
>>
>>17636240
Scroll of Ally are super common and not that useful since the result is random.
>>
>>17636240
i bought off several scrolls of ally from non-invested magic shopkeepers even at low levels. don't do it
>>
>>17636245
Seven league boots are "pseudo-artifacts"; they never generate as named/random artifacts, and trying to create more via Equip Making will create two instead of three.
>>
File: reducing trav skill.png (31KB, 588x380px) Image search: [Google]
reducing trav skill.png
31KB, 588x380px
>>17636247
The problem is that it reducing the travelling skill. Any way to remove that?

>>17636254
So they were never to be dropped at random?

>>17636248
>>17636250
>>17636253
Thanks guys. At least my next wish won't be blown off
>>
File: elonaapluss.png (255KB, 805x625px) Image search: [Google]
elonaapluss.png
255KB, 805x625px
[Laughs in 1.70]
>>
File: lucky.jpg (180KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
lucky.jpg
180KB, 600x800px
>>17636291
Wow, that is some shitty luck. You can't get rid of that.
If you're in 1.71 you could use it to create two more random seven league boots, but that requires some significant levels in crafting skills.
>>
>>17636300
I'm just gonna shove like five billion gold into a few kitty banks before transferring to 1.71, honestly.
>>
>>17636302
>you could use it to create two more random seven league boots
Thank you for reminding me of this, I would love some better enchantments on my old boots.
>>
Yo is pets suddenly having a blue bar below their HP bar a +1.71 thing or a custom thing?
>>
>>17636323
It's in the changelog. You can see your pets mana bar even without custom now.
>>
>>17636326
Thanks
>>
>>17636302
Guess I'll stck with the Da i thalon for now
>>
>>17636435
You shouldn't, that traveling penalty won't hurt you that much.
>>
>>17636435
>>17636457
To make things clear, that penalty is for the Traveling skill, which does not influence your overworld travel speed.
Rather, Traveling is the skill that gives you random skill gains every time your distance traveled reaches 300+ miles.
>>
Huh. For a shithole like Derphy, almost every NPC had a herb on them.
>>
>>17636473
Degenerates do love their weed
>>
So I have a ranch full of shades, are they worth recruiting? They look menacing as fuck desu
>>
>>17636478
Smoke Alraunia every day.
>>
>>17636465
I'm fairly certain Traveling does actually affect your overworld speed and the wiki seems to agree.
>>
>>17636488
Huh, so it does. That's news to me.
All the more reason to start training it early I suppose.
>>
>>17636483
Each of them is mimicking a creature, and for all intents and purposes is that creature. If you got your shades from Wing Snail, in all likelihood they are all mimicking harmless creatures like goblins and putits. Really the only reason you have shades is to have a variety of creatures for gene engineering skills onto your team, or if you can identify the creature (informer/check level and stats) breeding it at a different ranch to get more of it.
>>
>>17636509
Well, now that's something. The wiki really needs an update
>>
>>17636291
>So they were never to be dropped at random?
If you find "the claymore <Death Apostle>", that's a claymore that generated as a random artifact.
If you go into a high-level dungeon, you'll probably find seven league boots, and you might find "a seven league boots of magic", but you'll never find "the seven league boots <Rainbow Gay>". The only way randart seven league boots can exist is with Garok's Hammer.
>>
>>17636520
Well it was written by a small number of players making articles whenever, so you can't expect consistent updates. The articles are based on vanilla with E+ relevant info seperate (if there at all) unless the subject is E+ only. E+ is still a mod after all
>>
I decided to start a fresh character for 1.70. That was 45 play hours ago.

I killed at least a dozen fairies, and got 2 secret experiences of Kumiromi. Killed about 50-100 wabbits on harvest quests and just in general and got about 20 rabbit tails already.
WTF is going on with the drops? Am I just incredibly lucky?

Last version i played was 1.63. I used to "mine" several Forrest dungeons for 4 leaf clovers.
>>
File: reeeeeee.gif (164KB, 1920x812px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeee.gif
164KB, 1920x812px
>>17632901

Pharlund the sorceror had a good life,
free from pain, hunger, heartache or strife.
He cared not, for creatures outdoor,
instead he read books, for wisdom he sought.

"Knowledge, disciple" he used to say
"Will guard you from all, so don't go astray"
his pupil, absorted her head would nod
As time an again, she admired him, awed.

But there are some things for which knowledge is naught,
and Pharlund the wizard upon himself brought
unwanted attention of demons from hell
Believe me, then, folks, it did not end well!

His power was great, with spells he attacked,
with flashes of light he sent them all back
His disciple, sighed at last in relief,
but sadly, my friends, it would be all too brief.

For Pharlund's great magic took its cruel toll
in his zeal to protect the girl...he spent his soul.

I killed all the demons that came from the portal only to overcast after trying to read the book again. The little girl was standing there, watching
Next episode will be her playing as a demon hunter
>>
>>17636750
Rare drops are boosted if you don't quit without saving.
Tail drops are being slightly nerfed in 1.71 as a consequence.
>>
>>17636756
>relatively new to the game and playing on Loss
Godspeed you crazy bastard.
>>
>>17636756
>>17632901
>>17623826
Damn your art is so wholesome. Wish I had the patience to make shit like that.

Though I may try making my guy in Honey Select character creator, even though I'd rather not look at a naked dude for the good part of an hour lol.
>>
>>17636772
It's crazy, but at the same time it never gets boring so far. Every new game I play is different, which is incredibly fun. And deaths are not just "you got shanked by a stronger enemy" but "you fucked up in an unexpected way." Wish more games had this.
Also non-lethal post-defeat stuff like dwarf fortress is planning to do
>>
How good is a sox?
>>
>>17637275
Depends on who was wearing it
>>
I reach soulmate level but still cant marry.
is it limited to only pets?
>>
>>17637419
I hope not.
I want to marry an innkeeper.
>>
>>17637419
Yes, limited to pets. You'll have to astral pen them. Actually now that you mention it that's kinda weird
>>
Is it a good idea to start with overdose mode if it's my first time playing Elona?
>>
>>17637455
If you're a little baby
>>
Why doesn't my game display Japanese?
>>
>>17637455

i personally started with overdose and wholeheartedly recommend others to do so

it allows you to ignore efficiency and just focus on playing the game as you please, letting you experience content that would be otherwise gated behind high skill requirements and extensive training

also reduced the early game grind by alot

but if you're looking to savor the game at its original and intended pace, overdose is most likely a bad idea
>>
>>17637455
I started with loss mode. It's hard, you get rekt more often than not and it can be frustrating if you do the same character over and over again, but I find it fun because there's lots of things to do.
>>
>>17637507
It displays fine if I change the game language to Japanese but it gives me unicode when I run the game in English. My locale is also Japanese.
>>
What equipment slots does a Bell have?
>>
>>17637635
Head
Back
Girdle
Shoot
Ammo
>>
>>17637635
Body instead of girdle, my bad.
>>
File: file.png (424KB, 1149x334px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
424KB, 1149x334px
>>17637640
Currently having it use this as a weapon since I haven't found any fucking good ammo.

Any recommendations for the head/back/body?
>>
>>17637629
Do you have tried to change the language used for unicode incompatible programms?

Under Windows 10 (at least for me)

-> settings -> search Region -> Administrative -> Language for unicode incompatible programms -> change to Japan (Japanese) -> Restart your cimputer
>>
ok so imagine you're waving around sticks in your backyard like a retard and suddenly a voice booms in your head "What do you wish for?"
elona rules apply, assume that you have to literacy and casting skill to make use of whatever books you wish for if thats what you want to wish for
>>
File: ms.png (2KB, 396x61px) Image search: [Google]
ms.png
2KB, 396x61px
>>17637629
I had this problem and it took me ages to solve. You have to go into config and change your english language to MS gothic. The default english font doesn't support japanese characters.
>>
>>17637659
Yup, it's weird because it shows up fine as long as the game language is in Japanese. The tone file is under EN as well, its just shows up as bullshit code.
>>
File: elonpanties.png (2KB, 607x32px) Image search: [Google]
elonpanties.png
2KB, 607x32px
>using 1.71
>>
>>17637672
Does wishing for a god make them permanently real and a tangible thing in our universe?
>>
>>17637685
yeah
>>
>>17637693
Give me <Luluwy>. I'll become a fisherman forever and sacrifice all of my fish to her.
>>
File: thinking-face_1f914.png (12KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face_1f914.png
12KB, 160x160px
>>17637698
>lulwy
>fish
>>
>>17637698
>Luluwy
>fish
Maybe if you like to stick them in your butt while she steps on your dick and laughs at your weird fetishes.
>>
>>17637702
Well, I meant Ehekatl but I guess I've made my grave.
>>
File: ms gothic.png (1MB, 1280x767px) Image search: [Google]
ms gothic.png
1MB, 1280x767px
>>17637673
You're the best, anon. Most of the text seems work well with the font, the only thing slightly off are the stats along the bottom. Now I can finally start this damn game.
>>
>>17637714
H-How did you add that chiyo avatar?
>>
File: atmosphere.jpg (127KB, 1642x560px) Image search: [Google]
atmosphere.jpg
127KB, 1642x560px
>>17637732
He is using "Change the Atmosphere" option, with custom portraits obviously.
Check elona/user/graphic2 folder for sample images to use as a guide so you can create your own stuff.
>>
>>17637744

>>17637732
Also a lot of time and tears due to ineptitude with the Photoshop technology
>>
File: Meiryo UI font.png (1MB, 1281x766px) Image search: [Google]
Meiryo UI font.png
1MB, 1281x766px
>>17637714
>>17637673
Playing with fonts a bit more I think Meiryo UI looks better and easier on the eyes. It also aligns with the UI better.
>>
ロールミー!
>>
It's a real pain finding an actual, real bookshelf. Keep finding old bookshelves or tidy bookshelves...
>>
>>17637883

goods vendor

general store

furniture vendors
>>
>>17637883
You can just try to steal one. That is how I got my potion rack.
>>
>>17637889
I mean I know which vendors CAN sell it, it's just finding them when they ARE selling one...

>>17637923
I've never actually made a character with Pickpocket. Never really played a thief-type.
>>
>Spend weeks looking for a potion of cure corruption
>It's worth 90k
>I'm fucking level 4 and got caught by the ether winds while I was heading to Noyel
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17637948
You get one for free from the King in Palmia as part of the main quest progression. You can also try to win at least 4 blackjack rounds in a single match to get one (wait for a lucky day, or eat a blessed food until you get a weaker version of lucky day's buff).
>>
>>17637948
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Etherwind
>Etherwind can only occur during days of very certain time periods - during the first ten days of any month that is a multiple of 3 (3, 6, 9, 12).
>>
>>17637672
Seven League Boots.
The legend that they're based on says they let you travel seven leagues in a single step.
League's about 3.45 miles.
(Assuming the artifact can be evoked by will otherwise you couldn't go in towns and shit.)
Regardless, any place on the continent would be more or less within an afternoon stroll. Couldn't be confined to any place without being walled in completely, and I could probably even turn it into a source of income running drugs and such, provided no one knew it was the boots.
(I'm assuming it works by bending/folding space, since otherwise moving at that speed a fuckin' gnat would off you. )
>>
>>17638294
What if it just gave you legs long enough to go that far in a single literal step?
>>
>>17637744
Is that the fox brother?
>>
>>17638404
face2 is.
Those come with Elona+ by default.
>>
>>17638416
I found them but thought it would be weird if they were there for such a specific and easy to miss npc.
Now I need one
>>
So someone mentioned before you get a slightly different dialogue, or added, in Act 2 if you have a file that gene inherits with the Secret Experience of Lomias right?

All you need to do is keep the Begger's Pendant, or am I missing something else?
>>
>>17637672
Happy bed my guy
>>
How do I use rods without a numpad?
>>
>>17638662
'Z'ap it buddy.
>>
>>17628023
They inherit pp but there might be a limit.

>>17632231
They resist and nothing happens.

>>17627979
Is /rlg/ STILL using outdated pastebins from 2014 for Elona? Someone should go tell them to just use /jp/'s if so.

>>17632765
The old sprites were redrawn, they aren't simply resized.

>>17632988
I might update it once I play some more to check for errors or things I don't like or new things I want to add, but I'm not playing right now. If you like it then just use it as a base and update like other people explained.

>>17633171
>>17633204
Someday Elona will be in /hgg2d/.
>>
>>17638662
>the been using the arrow keys with using 0 on the numpad to grab items through most of my play time
At this rate I'll never get used to it
>>
>>17638692
I spent 60 hours picking up items by holding 0, which worked only 50% of the time. Realizing I had to press g made me feel dumb but relieved.
>>
>>17622790
Updated pastebins yesterday but 4chan only allowed me to post today.

>>17624806
No one has an opinion on this?
>>
How do you make good money as a farmer?
>>
>>17638744
I think it should, but I'm not really that week, the game has very minimal coverage and should also have a place for art related to it as well.
>>
>>17638787
*weeb
Damn autocorrect
>>
>>17638449
Fox bro is also the template cnpc.
>>
Does anyone know if the yonkoma by shoopream were translated anywhere?
>>
does anyone happen to know the math behind spell, skill and attribute leveling? formulae for next level up of these things?
>>
File: fdadfa.png (873KB, 1013x641px) Image search: [Google]
fdadfa.png
873KB, 1013x641px
Thank god the archive exists. Had to go back and find Kai's posts about getting out of early game. Thanks to him I now have a magic guy cranking out pots of potentials, cure corruption, and evolution by the 10 hour mark. Now I'm just trying to find more ways to make gold. I can finally say goodbye to being a full time prostitute and can actually go out and do dungeons finally.
>>
File: CropperCapture[27].png (383KB, 588x368px) Image search: [Google]
CropperCapture[27].png
383KB, 588x368px
I sometimes suspect the credentials of these detectives...
>>
i 1.71 + custom stable? playing on savescum penalty mode
>>
Is there any way to play elona on mobile?
>>
>>17638748
cooking, multiple farms, time
>>
I've read a billion guides and the wiki and I'm not sure of one thing:

Can pets starve to death? Also, if the pet is a magic user do I need to give it spell books to use spells?
>>
>>17639149
>Can pets starve to death?
No, never
>Also, if the pet is a magic user do I need to give it spell books to use spells?
No, but you may teach him spells you know if you use elona custom
>>
>>17639149
If it's a magic user that comes with his or her own spells it doesn't need books. Allies have an unlimited stock of spells, but those spells do not level. The pet's casting skill is what determines the spell damage.
>>
>>17639189
>>17639213

Thanks guys
>>
>>17639149
One of the seminars in the school actually touches on it. The game's "lore" reason to explain it is the link your pets have with you gives them enough life energy to never have to eat.
>>
>>17639189
>>17639242
Yet they can't help but eat shit off the ground and take a chug off alien jizz wells now can they?
>>
>>17639149

casting skill+any gear that adds on to casting or is spell boosting helps magic using pets.
>>
File: cyoot-spooder.png (213KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
cyoot-spooder.png
213KB, 500x610px
>>17639268

Both you and your pets have Nefia syndrome.
Means you have Impaired judgement and decreased cognitive ability.

leaders conferring some of their resistances to their companions so they don't go full retard
>>
File: file.png (2KB, 25x33px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2KB, 25x33px
Is there anything I should be doing with Rods of dominion other than getting more Bells?
>>
>>17639292
Is that what they call clinically retarded around here?
>>
>>17639363
Book in the game explains Nefia Syndrome.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Nefia_syndrome
>>
>>17639417
Wait, when the fuck did either of us enter Nefia's dungeon?
>>
>>17639363

bad case of dementia/Frontotemporal dementia
>>
>>17639458

ruins of Nefia

most adventurers are stage one/two
>>
>>17639488
So you're the only truly sane guy by virtue of being a foreigner who happened across this fucked up place by being ship wreck and forced into cannibalism by elves? And I'm guessing the little girl was a "pet" because she was always retarded?
>>
>>17639458
Every random dungeon in the game is a "Nefia."
>>
>>17639488
Also, still, when did we enter the ruins of Nefia? Even by plot purposes the first dungeon we go into is Lesimas.
>>
>>17639506
Wait... What? Man, Elona is a fucked up place.
>>
>>17639503

half sane i would say.

Ether storm fuck up that ship and you got deadly does of it too boot so the pc has fuck up genes.
>>
>>17639518

dungeons are so bad that even the military forces cant deal with them even robots/ai tanks go crazy in the dungeons.
>>
>>17639522
I mean, at least he has control over his mental aspects, not eating rotten shit or chugging bad potions repeatedly and vomiting like the damn trainer at Vernis.

So far, his afflictions seem mostly physical like random mutations and shit.

I knew some shit was going on when the thieves guild needed you to evade taxes for 4 months
>>
tips on how to spawn all the little sisters in the mansion?
i used to do it a long time ago.
>>
>>17639555
What's the recommended level for taking on Giantdad? I want to have an LS pet.
>>
>>17639560
Younger sister anon
Sorry for the mistake.
>>
>>17639553

warriors is just a monster hunt.

mages is just reading old text books

thieves is tax dodging is is odd as fuck
>>
Anyone have experience killing "whom dwell in the vanity" here?
im trying the cursed booze method.
how much am i going to need?
>>
>>17639518
Just wait until you finish Act 1 and learn why etherwind exists.
>>
can i take out the original pet that i put in the ranch out and sell it to slavery (to free party slot) and have the ranch still breed ?
>>
File: how to mix poison.jpg (32KB, 1279x109px) Image search: [Google]
how to mix poison.jpg
32KB, 1279x109px
fucking hell.. how?
>>
>>17639659
Why you want to kill my boo he just wants to do drugs and sit in the graveyard crying
>>
>>17639764
If the ranch doesn't have a breeder creatures will not spawn. But if it has already produced creatures, those will stay and still produce eggs and milk. So you can remove the breeder if that's all you want.
>>
>>17639841
i just want the sword man ;_;
just tell me
>>
>>17639842
alright thanks so thats why my putit hasnt been increasing
>>
>>17639843
Just curse a big stack of booze (drop all your items except the stack, read scroll of curse). But the sword is more likely to kill you than you are to kill anything with it. Even if you can survive ragnarok and can deal with the etherwind that appears with it, using an 'it brings an end' weapon is more trouble than it's worth
>>
>>17639314
Getting cute creatures that aren't gay bells
>>
>>17639963
>not using pokeballs to get cute creatures
>>
>>17639990
Ah yea that's more reliable and balls are easy to get now. Even with high magic device and the monster heart you are likely to fail with the rod. But if you just want a fox brother or harpy wife or something rod is fine.
>>
How do I get a yandere female slave?
>>
>>17640042
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Younger_sister
>>
>>17639821
Poison only works like that on food. If you want "bad" crim ale, you have to curse it.
>>
if i give my pet an item that grants ability to see invicisble creatures will i be able to see it as well ?
>>
>>17639605
Guys, I found a normal whistle, but i don't know what it does other than make a sound. Does it have a special purpose?

Also, what to the ###s represent? I'm guessing more is better but how much better?
>>
>Get to Lesimas dungeon
>Get chased by a giantass golem
>Run the fuck away
>Make it to the third floor, panting like a bitch.
>One of my items was cursed.
>Teleport on a small hole in a wall.
>Die of hunger there.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>17640091
Whistle can be used to wake up sleeping npcs.

How much every # is depends on what you're looking at. The numbers are different depending on if it's skill boosts on equipment or resists or invokes on weapons (strength or invoke chance). You can use the objet of heart with elona custom to check exact enchant strength.
>>
>>17640091
It wakes up sleeping NPCs, good for delivering quests and checking shops without having to wait for them to wake up naturally.
More # means higher effect (be it positive or negative). Unfortunately the actual value of each # varies from item to item, even enchantments with the same #####+ may have different values on different items because the item descriptions will never show more than five #s.
You will get an item later in the game that will let you read the actual values (if you are using Elona Custom), and for non-randomly-generated items you can use the wiki.
>>
File: is it good.png (53KB, 632x413px) Image search: [Google]
is it good.png
53KB, 632x413px
>>17640116
>>17640128
Thanks for that. I'm just contemplating exchanging a blessed scroll of oracle for this. I have of them, and after I drop 2 of them, I'm questioning if it's worth having or not, even for a pet, given I currently have 0 rez against ayy lmaos
>>
>>17640143
3*
Sorry, it skipped out
>>
>>17640143
>>17640144
Sorry, I'd need to use 2 of my 3 scrolls of oracle, so it's either that or this
>>
>>17640143
What you want on a weapon is high dice, elemental damage, invokes, resists if possible, and if it's for a mage ''it enhances your spells''. While you do want ailment protection like this has against aliens, for dealing damage this is kind of shit. But you could improve it with blessed scrolls of change material if you wanted since it's a <miracle> and not {godly} rank item. Personally I would pass and save your scrolls for a nicer item.
>>
File: or this.png (40KB, 591x396px) Image search: [Google]
or this.png
40KB, 591x396px
>>17640159
I'm retarded, sorry
>>
>>17640162
Huh, guess that's a no go.
>>
>>17640165
Nvm, fucker is asking for 3 potions of cure corruption for that one. I might have 5, but I know when shit is worth it.
>>
>>17640143
Scroll of Oracle becomes a common shop item after you upgrade (invest) a magic shopkeeper to rank +100.
While "+damage vs [type] monster" is always +50% (number of # have no effect on it), that item isn't that great. It's not like you will actually kill a god with it.

>>17640165
This item isn't that good either, these are pretty common enchantments.
Follow >>17640162 suggestions when looking for items to trade. "It's Alive" enchantment is also pretty great.
>>
>>17640175
you could probably give him 10-15 bottles of crim ale instead those 3 cure corruptions...
>>
>>17640175
Trading system isn't very "precise" when it comes to prices.
When trading, the NPC will check the value of a whole stack of items, not each item individually. He isn't asking for 3 cure corruption potions, it's that this stack of potions is far more valuable than his item. If you dropped 2 potions on the ground and tried to trade again, it is possible that he will accept just one potion, because cure corruption is pretty expensive and his item isn't that great.
Like >>17640189 said, if you had a stack of items with a similar value of the NPC's item, he will also accept it instead of the potion. Cure Corruption and Oracle are common choices for them because they are expensive and will automatically stack (they all have the same weight and icon, no "+X" bonus on name, etc).
>>
>>17640224
I tried that, he wanted 2 for the cloak. I know when I'm being scammed... most of the time
>>
>>17640143
>I currently have 0 rez against ayy lmaos
Just keep a few potions of poison onhand. Maybe some cure light wounds potions to ensure they're non-fatal; even weak healing spells (and potions) will remove status conditions like poison.
>>
>>17640230
Yeah, most of the time anyone asking for cure corruptions is scamming you.
There is also the fact that items with lots of "+skill" and "maintain stat" enchantments are considered "expensive", even if the actual enchantments are too weak or just pointless for combat purposes.
>>
>>17640249
My last alien impregnation was solved with a blessed sulphuric acid, which also boosted magic for some reason, but damn did it do damage.
>>
>>17640285
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Device
>In Elona+, potions also train Magic Device and receive a benefit from leveling it up. For example, Potions of Speed would benefit with more turns and more speed.
>>
>>17640285
Using that potion was training your magical device skill which is magic based, ergo it trains magic.

>>17640297
Dang you beat me to it!
>>
New >>17640332
Thread posts: 655
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.