[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Touhou Gameplay Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 63

File: cunt.png (651KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.png
651KB, 640x480px
Previous thread: >>16738813
How do you like them Extra Stages /jp/?
I have yet to see a boring one.
>>
i'm not good enough to reach the bosses in the extra stages
>>
>>16787509

I'm still working on Nue, danmaku chimera is giving me a hard time even though I understand how to do it, it makes me nervous and I always clip the orbs as they move. Wish bombing wasn't completely useless on that card. I've gotten past it a few times but I always end up losing a life or two which basically ruins my run.
>>
File: angry goku.jpg (32KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
angry goku.jpg
32KB, 540x405px
>>16787509
I've been trying to play Touhou games on and off for nearly 6 years now, and I still can't beat any of them even on Easy Mode (and don't get me started on the whole "1cc" bullshit). The adage of "practice makes perfect" is a lie; I don't improve no matter how hard I try.

What's the secret?
>>
>>16787954
You have to be born talented.
>>
>>16787646

Hahaha yeah, i'm the other dude working on beating her and that still attack is a guaranteed life lost to me as well as her Green UFO attack; I get trapped way too easily by it and don't see a way out between the lazers. However i did much better at Undefined Darkness today. At least progress is tangible, albeit slow.
>>
File: 1463383285396.png (84KB, 154x253px) Image search: [Google]
1463383285396.png
84KB, 154x253px
>>16787954
I don't know if you can make a lot of progress by only playing "on and off" anon...
>>
>>16788017
This. Try not eating until you manage a 1cc and you'll make progress quickly (or die).
>>
>>16788017
It's mostly like "bash my head against a brick wall for a whole month, then give up for the rest of the year", if that makes any sense. I'm the kind of person who needs to see hard gains in order to feel like I'm making progress.

>>16788023
That WILL kill me.
>>
File: 1421885038122.jpg (115KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1421885038122.jpg
115KB, 500x500px
>>16787954
>on and off
There's your problem. I played "on and off" for like a year and made no progress whatsoever. The way to git gud is to practice often and practice consistently. When you're learning the basics, practicing daily is very important, even if you can only practice for 10-20 minutes on some days. Once I stuck to that philosophy, I got my first 1cc within a month.
>>
>>16788044
>>16788046
I feel really sorry for you guys that are like this. I do not mean to be bragging but it took me less than a week to go from never playing a danmaku shmup to multiple normal 1ccs.
>>
>>16788383
I guess some people just have a knack for it, just like anything. I'm not gonna front; I'm a mediocre gamer at best, and about the hardest game I've ever beaten was, like, Bloodborne, which all memery aside isn't that big a deal.

It just frustrates me when everyone else and their dog seems to be able to get the hang of it eventually, while I'm floundering and wondering why I can't seem to have the same bizarre luck.
>>
File: 1488385791083.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488385791083.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>16788383
I don't think I'm naturally attuned to danmaku games. I have really bad reflexes. And have a hard time reading patterns to determine what is or isn't safe. And a hard time maneuvering through simple gaps.

But, hey, I'm progressing at a good enough rate to satisfy myself. Managed to 1cc all the games within a year of that first 1cc, got my first Extra and Phantasm clear this month, things are going smooth.

Will I ever get a WR? No. But I don't need that to feel good about myself. I'm fine just chugging along at my own pace. I'll get a Lunatic 1cc eventually.
>>
>>16786301
>>16786311
Patchouli's 2nd spell is all memorization. I always bombed this card the second the first wave of bullets reached my hitbox at the bottom of the screen. I learned the route for capturing this card sometime after and dismissed it as being "too hard, still going to bomb it". I tried capturing it in one of my runs after I had made a mistake on the death fairies (fully prepared to reset) and to my own surprise, I managed to pull it off. Ever since then I always capture her 2nd card. It's very simple once you learn the route.

Her last spell is a completely different story; I don't think I've ever captured it with either of the Reimu shots barring a few lucky captures.

>>16788406
Which game(s) were you making attempts on?

Also, regardless of how difficult Bloodborne is, souls games require the same kind of mindset/perseverance to beat and offer the same kind of satisfaction to me as Touhou games. So if you were already familiar with those, even if they are significantly easier, you should feel right at home with Touhou. If you managed to do the cursed and defiled chalices or get the platinum for that game, then a 1cc shouldn't be an issue (those were not easy).
>>
>>16788458
I tried 10, 6 and 7. Also tried the camera games, but I hear those are bullshit hard even for pros anyway, but I thought the change-up of gameplay might reveal something.

Oh, and I beat 10.5 and 12.3 way easy 'cause I'm fairly decent at fighting games. In fact, they were the games that got me into Touhou to begin with, Of course, that's an entirely different skillset altogether. IaMP didn't interest me at all; not that it was hard, but it just didn't excite me in the same way that Scarlet Weather ad Hisoutensoku did.
>>
>>16788483
10, 6 and 7 are definitely the easiest of the games, with 7 probably being the easiest. Just stick with one game even if you are doing poorly.
>>
I'm playing touhou on ubuntu with wine, which is working okay for now, but in fullscreen the games won't respond properly. So I have to fuck with the size of my screen every time I play to have a decent sized window.
>>
>>16788751

Oh yeah i remember having that same problem playing on my macbook wayy back in 2010. So glad to have a proper rig now and be done with that shit. I admire your will to play anon, good luck!
>>
>>16788751
> the games won't respond properly.
What's wrong here? I 1cc-ed IN and MoF running in wine with my MacBook.
>>
>>16788483
>but I hear those are bullshit hard even for pros anyway

Where did you heard this? StB and DS are not hard, that statement is just ridiculous.
Now if you want "bullshit hard even for pros" then try doing an itemless run on Impossible Spellcard.
>>
>>16788822
I heard it from certain independent sources who are usually pretty on-point with their evaluations.
>>
>>16788827
I guess is time to rethink your "independent sources" choices, then.
>>
>>16788822
Not that guy but as a normal player it's normal to actually use the item? Nothing inherently wrong with it?
>>
File: I geso.png (281KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
I geso.png
281KB, 600x576px
>>16788837
touche
>>
>>16788844
Of course, that's what the items are for. If you attempt to do an itemless run, i'm not exggerating when i say that some of the patterns will drive you insane (patterns like Koto sign, Humans are nice, Fitful Nightmare and Constitution bomb).
However if you manage capture every single spell card without items you get a shiny hidden trophy on the achievment room.
Hurray!
>>
>>16788844
Yeah, the whole point of the game is that you use cheat items to clear. If you can capture a spellcard without items you should try it just because, but actually trying to capture every card without items is just about impossible
>>
How do I use vsync using thcrap?
Is Mokou hard or I got bad? The previous extras didnt feel this hard.
>>
>>16788916
The answer is literally on the thpatch wiki where you downloaded it from, at the very top.

https://www.thpatch.net/wiki/Touhou_Patch_Center:Download#Running_on_top_of_vpatch
>>
>>16788822
post your score.dat for shoot the bullet
>>
>>16788916
>Is Mokou hard or I got bad? The previous extras didnt feel this hard.

Mokou is one of the easiest Extras to beat.
I think the only easier one would be Suwako.
>>
>>16789035
Yeah no Flan and Ran are way easier than mokou.
>>
>>16789177
Ran maybe, but no way Flan is easier.
Flan is about mid-tier difficulty as far as extras go, Mokou is mid-easy.
>>
I got a bunch of score.dat files with all stage unlocks for all characters/bullets so I can play practice stages difficult for me recently, but I'm still missing ones for 13 and 15. Though I guess it isn't strictly needed for 15 with point device, but still might be nice. Assuming practice mode exists in 15? IDR.

Regardless, anybody out there got any they could share? The more clears/characters/bullets/stages/extras unlocked, the better. For the moment I'm generally practicing anywhere from stage 4-6 normals, depending on game difficulty, but 2-4 hards and 1-2 lunatics actually aren't that bad either. It's good to have lots of options.
>>
File: 1488872949363.png (504KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488872949363.png
504KB, 919x720px
>>16789267
Why would you ever need them?
Unlock them yourself
>>
Yukari is way easier than I thought, got to her ran projectile spell in 3 tries.
Lost 3 lives to it though I cant figure out Ran's movement.
>>
>>16789267
What >>16789294 said. Get there yourself.

>>16789324
Ran aims at you either when she's going to the bottom of the screen or at the top of the screen, whichever is more convenient. If you put yourself on the bottom of the screen, she'll always aim for you coming down, making her easier to dodge, in addition to some of the bullets coming at you horizontally from that position, making them easier to dodge.

Ran's movement and how to handle her didn't click for me until my 1cc run (and only after I died to her twice during that run), it's a tricky spell.
>>
>>16789334
That's a time-consuming pain. Time that could otherwise be spent training.
>>
>>16789362
You could as well be perfecting your completed spell cards as go through the stage again and again, the starting stages dont take more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>16789376
13 on normal bores the fuck out of me until at least 4th, more like 5th stage on normal. And this aside, I can't be bothered grinding this shit out for every fucking character for every difficulty that I can conceivably complete, seriously.

4 characters x 4 difficulties = 16 plays minimum to get all unlocks, in TD. A playthrough takes around 45+ minutes or so I'd say, if you skip dialogue? That's 12 hours. I may also not be able to complete some difficulties at my current skill level, so it would likely take longer. And I want to keep the difficulty at a good level: playing something that's challenging without being overwhelming or too easy. The variation in difficulty playing the game the normal way, from stage 1 to 6, is somewhat wide and my goal here is improvement, not clears. It's ineffective to waste my time unlocking everything, especially when I already have 9 other games I can do this on.

You are being callous and quite frankly not helpful. You probably feel that I am acting entitled, but for training purposes it's absolutely true that trying to unlock everything myself is a waste of time to this end.
>>
>>16789211
You mean Ran surely and Flan maybe.
>>
>>16789475
You ARE being entitled, anon.
>>
>>16789550
Great, and you're a callous faggot. Now that we've gotten all that out of the way, maybe somebody will give a shit and help so I don't have to grind away my hours which I won't do anyway.
>>
>>16789026
Why? You do know that the scoring system in StB is pretty weird, right? Plus i don't like scoring that much but if you still want it i can upload my save on mega.
>>
>>16789475
I don't know why you are worried about "wasting time" when training for danmaku games is itself a pretty useless skill and a "waste of time" too.
Unlocking patterns is supossed to be a fun reward that scales with your progress, if you have the mentality that is a waste of time, then i think you have a pretty weird approach to it.
>>
>>16789628
The fun and difficulty somewhat tie into eachother. To that end, technically doing anything is useless because we all die anyway, so why do it? I enjoy the difficulty and enjoy the game in general. However, I need more practice before I can 1cc normal reliably so that's precisely what I'm doing. And for purposes of improvement, practice mode is great as I can play something hard and make plenty of mistakes without needing to get too frustrated, which can be a problem when playing the game normally.

It's not a weird approach at all. Since, as I said, the difficulty ties into how fun the game is for me, practice mode is actually both more effective for improving and pretty fun since I can arguably pick and choose my difficulty without it either being too easy or too overwhelming, either of which would lead me either to boredom or excessive frustration, neither of which are a good mental state to be in both from a purely emotional perspective and from a learning perspective.
>>
>>16789674
you still dont need others' score files.
You can easily unlock at least 5 stages by bombing your way through in less than 20 minutes.
Basically it would cost you no more than about one masturbation session.
>>
>>16789674
You are still cheating by using other people's saves, though.
>>
>>16789267
>I got a bunch of score.dat files
Then delete them. If you don't bother to unlock your stuff and make your own score why do you even play this genre?
>>
>>16789674
>I need more practice before I can 1cc normal reliably

So you can't even 1cc on normal and yet you're worried about unlocking all the difficulties for all the shot types?

First unlock all the stages for one of the shot types on normal.
Practice that until you can 1cc, then you can worry about other shot types or difficulties.

>>16789690
Not even. You can bomb and spam continue through the entire game and unlock all the stages with no effort whatsoever while fapping with the other hand, so it won't even cost you that one session timewise.
>>
>>16789718
Ignore this idiot. Practice is useful.

No clue about anything with TH15 as 15's just the worst game of the series.

I might be able to dig up a Ten Desires score.dat but forgot where the fuck they're stored now.
>>
>>16789895
>practice is useful
Where did I say opposite? I just told him to make his own save.
>>
>>16789674
>before I can 1cc normal reliably

Wait, so you can't even 1cc reliably TD (one of the easiest games) yet you still complaint about the lack of difficulty? If the difficulty and the fun tie at some point, like you said, wouldn't you be able to do hard runs already?
I'll be honest with you, if you don't scale your difficulty properly then you won't gain anything from your training. You gain nothing by going straight to the unlocked stages at the highest difficulty if you don't have your basics right.
>>
you will never be a japanese person experiencing IN for the first time and realising you're about to play an amazing callback to LLS stage 4
>>
>>16789895
>Ignore this idiot
>as 15's just the worst game of the series.
Thank you, ironyman. Btw, appdata>roaming>shangaialice.
That's where some data of th games from 12.8 onwards is stored.
>>
File: 1490509920709.png (3MB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1490509920709.png
3MB, 1500x1200px
Cleared 3 (Three) extra stages in a week.
Im a fucking extra player now not a normalshitter I used to be a week ago.
>>
File: 1489875771104.png (303KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489875771104.png
303KB, 600x600px
>>16789895
Whats the problem?
Cant defeat a little fairy?
>>
>>16790283
Call me when you do a lunatic run, nerd.
You are small time.
>>
File: Chendwich.jpg (360KB, 685x652px) Image search: [Google]
Chendwich.jpg
360KB, 685x652px
anybody else prefer the fighting games? pls no buley
>>
>>16790451
Personally I don't, I wouldn't even know touhou is a thing if it wasn't for the main games.
>>
>>16790468
they're legendary, of course. but the fighting games connected to me more. I guess a lot of it is the sprites are so big and have the cutest animations.
>>
>>16790451
I like both equally.

I play both the danmaku games and Soku almost every day.
Although if I could only have one, I would have to pick Soku.
>>
>>16790451
Only three of them are good. Everything tore down after HM.
>>
File: cute crouch.png (44KB, 162x167px) Image search: [Google]
cute crouch.png
44KB, 162x167px
>>16790487
>and have the cutest animations.
Alright, gotta agree on that one
>>
>>16790551
Found the Chilean.
>>
>>16790647
Keep your paranoic shit outside of /jp/
>>
File: 6544.png (639KB, 850x1250px) Image search: [Google]
6544.png
639KB, 850x1250px
Started playing a few months ago but picked touhou back up this week. I was playing SA before, but now I'm playing ESD instead and I'm having a lot more fun learning it.

This shit's amazing. I'm at the point where I can get to stage 5 when I play well with no continues, and I'm a tiny bit better at using deathbombs, Touhou probably bringing me back into video games with how much satisfaction I get from capturing spell cards and getting out of tight spots.
>>
File: komachi walk.gif (32KB, 110x110px) Image search: [Google]
komachi walk.gif
32KB, 110x110px
>>16790487
Fact.
>>
>>16789475

Why do you think you need to unlock it with every character? It's not like the spellcards change, by the time you beat it with one character you should be able to adapt your strategy to the others. TD gives you a bunch of continues and you don't even need to beat the level to unlock it for practice, it'd literally take you like an hour or two tops to unlock all the stages on each difficulty for a shottype assuming you spam bombs whenever you need to (since you'll have so many lives from continuing).

Also how is practicing through the stages a "waste of time", if you can't even get to stage 6 then obviously you're not so good at the previous stages that they're boring. Not to mention even if they're boring on normal you're trying to unlock levels on higher difficulties where they should be plenty challenging. You're acting super entitled and, even moreso, stupid.
>>
File: Yuyuko (470).jpg (895KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yuyuko (470).jpg
895KB, 1000x1200px
>>16790659
This is awesome to hear anon, keep it up! These games are lots of fun!
>>
>>16790008
Difficulty is subjective, not objective. Different people, different ability, different level of experience, etc. Also, I'm not going straight to final unlocked stages on Lunatic or anything silly like that. I am scaling my difficulty, choosing bosses with appropriate difficulties on varying modes. If you'd read my prior posts, you'd have known that.

>>16789792
I said 'reliably.' Meaning I do have 1cc's. However they are a bit rare, and so I felt it would be appropriate to train a bit using practice to hone my general skills a bit and improve the rate at which I can get them.

Aside from this, and from being time-consuming to get a variety of them, as I'd said, having some stages on Hard and Lunatic available are good for practice as well. Within the same game, a Hard stage is like a Normal stage boosted up 2 stages in difficulty. So if I wanted to practice around a stage 5 Normal-esque difficulty, I could try a stage 3 Hard and it would have a similar effect. Add a similar effect for Hard -> Lunatic. This is useful to be able to do and opens up more opportunities for different kinds of bosses I can viably practice on.

>>16789895
That'd be much appreciated, anon. Protip: windows key + r, %appdata% and press OK. Then just open up shanghaialice/th13/.

>>16789949
Pointless when I already have them unlocked on most games, and a huge waste of time. I'm literally not even playing the game the normal way, so what's it matter if I use an unlocker? And if it's so easy to unlock, like you said, then playing to unlock is a waste of time when I could just get an unlocker instead. If it's not, then it's not achievable by my own standards and I'm justified in wanting a score.dat to unlock things for practice purposes.

>>16789715
Not playing the game the normal way, not cheating.
>>
>>16790702
Who said I can't get to stage 6? Where'd you get that idea from?

Anyway it's mostly a matter of having options. I'm unfamiliar with the different shot types in most games, so having them around both expands my options and gives me an idea of what kind of different shot options I've got by letting me experiment while I practice.

And playing the game the normal way is not a waste of time, per se. It's simply not as efficient for improvement as using practice to provide myself with a decent challenge throughout.

Say I feel that a game's stage 5 is a good difficulty for me. I could play the game the normal way and be kind of somewhat disinterested for the first 3 stages, then stage 4 it starts perking up and gets worth playing. Stage 5 has a good difficulty, and 6 gets difficult. Within the context of a normal game, that's all well and good. But those first 3 stages I'm not going to be learning very much as the difficulty is too easy for me to be learning much other than just doing things I already know how to do over again.

For stages that are too hard for me to viably play, I'd be trying to essentially brute force my way into getting good and it wouldn't be that effective at making me improve since I'd be missing out on learning the basic skills I'd need in order to transition from being a solid normal player into a hard player. Practice lets me choose the slightly above the middle of the road option which playing will bring me the most benefits.
>>
>>16790742
>>16790795
Dude, stop blowing smoke up everyone's assholes and quit being such a little cunt.
>>
>>16790827
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. They responded to me, so I responded back. I asked if anyone had a TD/LoLK score.dat I could use and I got a bunch of smoke up MY ass about how I'm cheating or implications that I'm a noob and all this shit just for asking for something that would better enable me to practice, a tool well-known as effective for getting gud. So you tell me who started this shit.
>>
>>16790849
>They responded to me, so I responded back

They called you out on your bullshit, and what you did was cover it up with even more bullshit and try to peddle it when no one is interested.

>So you tell me who started this shit.
Hm, let me think about it,
>I asked if anyone had a TD/LoLK score.dat

Quit acting like a little bitch and just play the game like everybody else.
>>
>>16790742
It isn't not playing the game in a normal game, it's cheating.
>>
File: IbukiSuikaBattleStand.gif (25KB, 128x109px) Image search: [Google]
IbukiSuikaBattleStand.gif
25KB, 128x109px
>>16790697
too much to handle
>>
>>16790881
Absolutely nothing: the post. You're really good at backing up your arguments, aren't you?
>>
File: Qpg6xCghDFNhm.gif (13KB, 81x95px) Image search: [Google]
Qpg6xCghDFNhm.gif
13KB, 81x95px
>>16790919
>>
>>16790923
I'm really good at backing up your mom.
>>
And here I don't play for a week and I suddenly can't play for shit.
Still, made it up to Apollo 13 Hard so I feel actually good about this, especially concerning I hadn't gotten the last extra life of the game. I might just have made it. Who knows.
>>
File: 56389626_p0_master1200.jpg (204KB, 728x516px) Image search: [Google]
56389626_p0_master1200.jpg
204KB, 728x516px
>>16790659
I'm glad you're having fun, anon. That initial feeling of gitting gud is without compare. I'm sure you'll get your first 1cc very soon.

If I can give just a little advice, the best way to deathbomb is actually not to try to deathbombing. If you know you're going to get hit immediately, you should bomb normally instead of specifically aiming to bomb in the tiny deathbomb window. Human reflexes are too delayed to react to getting hit without precognition (and I mean that literally; average human reaction time is .200-.250 seconds, and you have .100 seconds to deathbomb in EoSD, so if you only try hitting the bomb key after you've been hit you'll never make it) so you need to know ahead of time when you need it. Deathbombing is best used as a buffer window for normal bombing when you know you're about to get hit.

None of the above applies to Imperishable Night which has a much larger deathbomb window and costs two bombs to use.
>>
>>16790995
Oh well, I just made it up to stage 5 of SA in Lunatic mode. Guess I'm not that bad tonight.
>>
>>16790905
do you believe all 1ccs/lnbs become invalid if someone got better by practicing using a scorefile?
>>
>>16792333
nobody cares about 1ccs/lnbs
for scoring everyone modifies the game to practice so it really doesnt matter
>>
>>16792412
Scorefags out! Go be depressed somewhere else!
>>
>>16792412
no matter how much you modify the game you can't modify your genetics to give you the talent necessary for scoring
>>
>>16790283
>extra
Well, at least is a bit harder than normal. You should start doing hard clears aiming for lunatic.
>>
File: 1443566184409.gif (2MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
1443566184409.gif
2MB, 400x206px
>>16792568
>>
>>16787954
It helps to be in a comfortable desk. Used to played better on my old desk, gave me a better keyboard position. It's really easy to make a mistake, quit fucking running into bullets and learn the pattern. Practice and take breaks.
>>
File: Summary.png (13KB, 400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Summary.png
13KB, 400x1080px
Yosh!
Just beat EoSD in Hard mode. Thank you Reimu B, you're the best.
>>
>>16788046
Too bad that tends to lead to massive amounts of burnout.
It tends to become slam your head against the wall until you break through. Which is just making it a chore when you hit the wall and get nowhere.
>>
>>16794056
It's only burnout if you play too much. If you only do one short run per day, just not resetting at any point and closing the game when you game over, that's not going to burn you out. It's more akin to exercise.
>>
>>16788046
Tried that for a week or two with SA on Normal.

Haven't touched it since because it just was not fun.

Only games left for 1CC on easy are UFO (3rd worst game of the series) DDC (2nd worst game of the series) an LoLK (Worst game of the series by far)
>>
>>16794065
Considering how draining it is to play? It's massive burnout for me. It just was not fun at all. Just hit the wall. And since a number of them are just "restart stage on continue" it just becomes Endlessly hitting the same wall.

And some of them are even worse that to unlock practice you need to clear the stage. So you can't even practice the stage you're stuck on.

It's why I fully approve of sharing score.dats if only for being able to practice the stages you're stuck on. Same with Spellcard Practice when available.
>>
File: 1452721800179.png (5KB, 173x174px) Image search: [Google]
1452721800179.png
5KB, 173x174px
>>16794078
>Considering how draining it is to play?
If a single run, no resets, is draining to you I think you might already be burnt out before practicing.
>>
File: 1480805840540.png (103KB, 229x512px) Image search: [Google]
1480805840540.png
103KB, 229x512px
>>16794071
>DDC (2nd worst game of the series)
>>
>>16794071
So, the hardest games are also the worst. Dully noted.
>>
>>16794130
Its so fucking BORING. Then you just have ZUN is out of ideas in Stage 5.Why a controller screw? It's just lazy. He could have done so much more with flipping shots and shit

And Shinmyoumaru is just there. Also I hate the existence of survival cards so being stuck in a bland one which only stands out because hitbox changing is really just low effort.

ZUN mailed it in when it came to DDC.
>>
File: 1476570455149.webm (824KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1476570455149.webm
824KB, 320x180px
>>16794168
Cry some more. DDC is the objectively the best game.
>>
>>16794152
But I consider SA to be one of the best ones considering cast, music, and patterns.

UFO's awful because of the UFO gimmick especially the fact that the UFO is top layer of sprites which means it often can hide bullets.

LoLK's gimmick is pure ass and makes the game look horrible. And it's designed around Point Device so Normal mode is just imbalanced as fuck (no bomb pieces EVER)

DDC is just Bland. It's bad not because of an annoying gimmick (it's gimmick is as bad as TD's one) but because it's so fucking low effort.
>>
>>16794088
Yea but it's been fucking months of trying to get going and it's the same outcome. I'm just effectively dragging myself to play and feeling utterly miserable after it.
>>
>>16794182
Nice spacing, DDC's gimmick is the least annoying of all games.
>>
>>16794182
SA really isn't that hard except Orinrin land.
>>
>>16794202
It's that I can't do the spirals off Satori copying Yukari's cards. Spiral shots and such I just can't identify so I just try to weave between shots as I can't really guide through the spin because I just can't identify the path and make the move as usually it just results and getting smashed once I get to about the 2/10 o'clock positions.

Of course this leads to the bombing damage reduction feedback loop which doesn't work. I mean in practice It only took 7 lives to beat her on my best run.
>>
>>16794189
I don't obsessively ride the Point of Collection (usually just catch em as they fall) so It's just endless No Reward or maybe bomb fragments.
>>
>>16794230
So you don't know how to play. Thanks for sharing your opinion and wasting our time.
>>
>>16794222
So you criticize the games but you can't even almost get past stage 4. UFO is literally matter of practice and Point Device is nothing but advanced practice mode. Seriously play more.
>>
>>16794222
>Spiral shots and such I just can't identify
Out of curiosity, do you also have trouble with Orin's first nonspell at the beginning of stage 4?
To me, the way I dodge it is similar to the way I dodge BoWaP.
The final orbs (I think they're orbs) on stage 6 have an attack very similar to it, you can practice those for a lite-version if you like.
>>
>>16794268
If there is enough spacing that you can slip in easily it becomes a left right left right.

That first nonspell I just move and shoot while trying to focus on Orin while also if I have a pass shooting up the spirits to try and thin out the density.

Or are those spirits like the one in stage 5 where it's better to not fire and have them all mass detonate making an easier evade. I've always keep blasting to end the phase faster so I got no clue.

It really doesn't fit the way that BoWaP is though.
>>
>>16794255
Dude, pretty much all the games are a matter of practice. Speaking as someone who started out being unable to reach stage 6 of EoSD in Normal like 1 year ago and I've just beat Hard mode despite my lack of training.
>>
File: talk_5_08.png (116KB, 240x524px) Image search: [Google]
talk_5_08.png
116KB, 240x524px
>>16794168
This guy is flipping done right.
>>
>>16794332
>This Guy

Why is there apparently a guy in a 2hu fangame? Who thought this would be a good idea.
>>
>>16794356
I say "This guy" but the creator said that you can think of any of the characters as a girl or a boy and left it ambiguous, whatever that means.
>>
>>16794356
It's not a 2hu fangame.

And who the hell says "muh secret club NO GUYS ALLOWED" these days? Why would you think this is a good idea.
>>
>>16794381
>>16794356
Now that I think about it, japanese has this weird shit with the pronouns, so I see how JynX did it.
>>
File: 1481303553703.png (1009KB, 918x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1481303553703.png
1009KB, 918x1256px
Here's some unlocked score files. http://www.mediafire.com/file/qx7g89d8jjs87l7/Scores.rar

Got them all from a shrinemaiden thread, but it was a pain to get them all so I simplified the process and put them all in the same place. Still missing LoLK, FW and ISC. Any help in that regard would be nice. Remember to put them all in the right place. TD and all games after all have their score files in the %appdata%/shanghaialice/ folder.
>>
>>16791203
Thanks!
>>
>>16794152
DDC is not harder than SA or UFo though
>>
>>16787509
Someone explain how I was able to beat Nue on my first or second attempt at the extra stage years ago when I was a Touhou noob, but nowadays I can't even get past Kogasa's Harakasa Surprise halfway through the stage without game over'ing.
>>
Damn, so close!
>>
>>16788751
Just use vpatch to set a custom resolution and play in windowed mode.
>>
>>16794705
I'm not going to use them but thanks anyway, your work is appreciated.
>>
>>16794825
Because Kogasa is the real extra boss and Nue is just pure show
>>
>>16795226
With Zettai Ryouiki like that, I don't mind Nue just being for show.
>>
Touhou games from hardest to easiest, going by Lunatic mode:
SA or UFO
DDC
LoLK
TD
MoF
EoSD
IN
MS
LLS
PCB

Agree or disagree?
>>
>>16795356
depends
going by lunatic 1ccs lolk and sa are not difficult, they are probably among the quickest to get in fact since SA is generous with lives and bombs and has tons of memo stuff and lolk can be completed by literally bombing everything. also MoF is probably the easiest lunatic of them all due to the way bombs work in that game
>>
>>16795380
I'm not the other guy but I always ignore bombs when assessing the difficulty of Touhou games. If you're bombing your way through everything, you're not actually playing through the bullet patterns and overcoming them, which is of course the "difficult" part of bullet hell games. You're just circumventing the difficult parts of the game altogether.
I feel the games should be judged on the challenges they can offer, not how easy it is to reach the credits screen.
>>
>>16795521
That's kind of like pretending bombs don't exist though, and they do. They're intended to be used in situations where you feel really pressured and are worried you may die. It may essentially be a cop out, but the games are fairly difficult anyway, so giving people a minor break is not that unreasonable.

I understand what you mean when you say bombing your way through a difficult part, but ignoring that bombs exist isn't an accurate measure of difficulty either. Since they do exist and are designed to be used.
>>
>>16795521
The problem is that
>the challenges they can offer
is not a well-defined notion; for example, you said that you do not 'count' bombs, so what about cancelling bullets with UFOs? Do mistakes on Last Spells in IN count? What about various safespots etc.
Which is why I think that when referring to the difficulty of Touhou games (or indeed any kind of arcade game), you should always include some qualifiers such as LNN (for measuring the difficulty of the patterns) or 1CC (which takes resource availability into account), otherwise people will use their own definition of 'the right way to play' and as a result talk past one another.
>>
>>16795603
A better way to describe it is how difficult all of the spellcards and stage segments are. Everytime you bomb or die, you haven't managed to succeed in that segment. That's why spell captures are ruined even if you bomb.
>>
>>16795380
I tried to mostly go by how difficult I found the patterns, so I guess how difficult I would find doing a NMNB.
>>
>>16795606
That would be 'difficulty of an LNN' as opposed to 'difficulty of a 1CC'. Assuming everyone else subscribes to your own (mostly arbitrary) standards is just going to lead to a lot of wasted time for everyone involved.
>>
Any recommendations for high-level/difficult danmaku scripts?
>>
*Danmakufu scripts, I mean
>>
>>16795665
Sure, but everyone's going to have their own arbitrary standard of what makes the game difficult to them.
>>
>>16795665
I view LNNs as the purest, rawest form of Touhou in a sense. It's a test of dodging and reading ability, nothing more or less. No other factors like bombing for graze (and therefore lives) in LoLK or collecting UFOs skewing the difficulty, just you and the bullets.
>>
>>16794168

What the fuck DDC was really fun and stage 5 was good.
>>
>>16797249
He's just a bad player
>>
Having to continue feels so much shittier now that I've managed a 1cc before.
>>
>>16797354
Maybe it's just me but whenever I take a continue I perform exponentially worse for the rest of the run, so I just don't use continues anymore. Just make the goal a 1cc every time.
Don't settle for bad ends! I believe in you, anon-kun.
>>
>>16797373
I think that continues are at least necessary if you want to be a completionist and unlock even bad ends. After that you can just practice the hell out of the stages.
>>
>>16797393
If you only want to see a bad end, just play on easy modo
>>
>>16795638
In that case i would put EoSD above MoF and TD and DDC lower. also LoLK should be at the top
>>
>>16797578
I believe that, when it comes ot bad ends, it's cheating.
>>
File: 1489325466809.jpg (38KB, 249x399px) Image search: [Google]
1489325466809.jpg
38KB, 249x399px
>>16797584
The entire point of getting a bad end is that you did things wrong playing, whether dying too many times or playing on easy mode. There's no "right" way to do things wrong.
>>
>>16797587
>The entire point of getting a bad end is that you did things wrong playing
That's my point, how does completing easy modo counts as doing things wrong?
>>
>>16797597
Playing in easy mode is unacceptable past grade school.
>>
>>>/v/372479747
?
>>
>>16797606
?
What's your question friendo
>>
>>16797606
Fuck, now shitposters from /v/ are going to find this thread. I can't judge too harshly since someone linking the gameplay thread from a /v/ shitpost thread is how I ended up here, though.
>>
>>16797621
How is it a shitposting thread when the OP and most posters are talking about the games?
>>
>>16797625
I didn't check the thread in question before posting, but if people are redirecting posters to other threads I have to assume some heavy shitposting is going on.
>>
>>16797625
Every thread on /v/ is a shitposting thread, of course.
>>
>>16797639
Why?
>>
>>16797644
I'm insulting the board as a whole.
>>
>>16797657
>>16797644
>>
>>16797621
Don't worry, only people that like to play the games survive to these threads, shitposters die fast here.
Hopefully the Koakuma poster will join us or at least not get the wrong idea from /v/'s threads.
>>
File: 1475646806373.png (425KB, 894x763px) Image search: [Google]
1475646806373.png
425KB, 894x763px
So I was managing to consistently get through Maze of Love with only one life lost in EoSD extra on practice runs that had no chance of going anywhere, but when I finally got a run with potential (only bombed twice during Patchi, only died once in the stage portion, captured Cranberry Trap for the first time) I died thrice to it. I feel like there's an optimal time to bomb Maze of Love without needing to bomb immediately after, but I don't know what it is. I must've been hitting it in the practice runs though.
>>
>>16787954
Don't get hit by the bullets.
>>
>>16787954
Learn to not focus directly on your character, focus a few inches higher on the screen so you can plan ahead. Become comfortable with your character movements without having to visually confirm them. Unless it's a dense shower of bullets with lots of micro dodging you should be able to navigate the patterns with your sprite just in your peripheral vision, while your focus is on the bullets ahead and reading what form they'll be in when they finally reach you.
>>
>>16796229
That's exactly what I'm saying and why the anon that asked for a difficulty ranking should have specified what kind of difficulty he was asking for.

>>16797826
Why would you need to bomb it at all? I know it's annoying without spell practice but try to find a replay that uses the same character and pay attention to at what distance they circle around Flan (use the spell circle as a visual indicator) and then try the circling. It's really not as difficult as you might think.
>>
>>16797826
I also had problems with maze of love and couldnt even get past the third opening but was never a problem again when I found out how to do it.
Focus on passing on the opening instead of the restricting blue bullets, and release shift when necessary.
>>
>>16796229
That's because it is somewhat arbitrary. Foregoing the fact that there are different types of difficulties within the game, it applies to people themselves as well. Different people have different types of ability, intelligence, personalities and perceptions and they will see, approach and deal with situations in different ways. It's different for everyone.
>>
>>16798586
Exactly, so I don't see anything wrong with sharing my opinion on how I judge the games' difficulty
>>
TD pisses me off so much, everything just consists in spawning bullets on top of your character
>>
>>16795356
SoEW is objectively really easy when you know how to direct the deathbullets away from important areas.
I haven't gotten far on Lunatic SoEW, but I think it might be even easier than PCB.
>>
File: Screenshot (12).png (38KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (12).png
38KB, 1280x960px
With this being my first attempt against Alice as Reimu, how long should it take to beat her?
>>
>>16801392
Why don't you sit down and find out?
>>
File: Progress.png (27KB, 400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Progress.png
27KB, 400x1080px
I'm going to beat MS on Normal with Yuuka after I post this, but what do you think I should do next?
>>
>>16801693
Well that IN looks awfully empty
>>
>>16787509
How do I download this? I am using linux
>>
>>16801832
You installed Gentoo right?
>>
>>16801854
Idk, it came with my computer
>>
>>16797249
The patterns are boring, the LITERALLY WHOS in stage 4. Mediocre at best soundtrack.
>>
How do I get through Luna Clock and Marionette? Whenever I happen to get through those it always feels like I just lucked into beating it rather than actually beating it.
>>
>>16798082
>Why would you need to bomb it at all?
Because I keep dying to it, and if I bomb I can delay death.

I think I spent four hours practicing today and I didn't make it to Flan once. Patchi is such a fucking ballbuster. Royal Flare is turning out to be her least troublesome card for me now because it's static; the other anon was right in saying you can get it almost 100% of the time when you get it the first time. The other two cards are just so random and I always get walled in Silent Selene, or Patchi decides to dash from one corner to another and I can't get to her even though she only has a sliver of health left.

I might have to unlock Reimu-A's extra and use her just to deal with Patchi.
>>
How do I capture Kaguya's spells, and why does she get nearly unlimited health on her final spellcard?
Can the familiars on Rainbow Danmaku be broken?
>>
>>16802094
reimuA will only make it worse
>>
>>16802108
Kaguya has armor for like half a minute when RDD starts. Yeah, they can be broken but that doesn't really help a lot.
>>
>>16802094
After reading your original post again I realize that I just assumed you weren't trying to capture MoL at all, so if that was wrong I apologize. Since, you're having trouble practicing Flan at all let's talk about Patchy.
Silent Selene is tough. I find the trick is to not pay too much attention to the light blue bullets and stay under her as much as possible. If she decides to be a dick and move away constantly there's really not much you can do other than bomb but it shouldn't happen too often. For Philosopher's Stone, try starting near the middle of the screen and then slowly going down. The card has aimed components so this let's you ignore some bullets (the blues from the left).
Are there any stage portions you have trouble with? Other than the books in the second half the stage isn't that difficult.
>>
If I can reach Junko on LoLK with Reisen on Normal Legacy, how good does that make me?
>>
File: 8212429964_3e7bfee96a.jpg (111KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
8212429964_3e7bfee96a.jpg
111KB, 500x333px
Do you play with a keyboard or a controller, /jp/?
>>
>>16803883
keyboard! easier to control
>>
>>16803626
Honestly, I have some trouble with the one fairy right before Patchi. Sometimes I get lucky and I only have one of the white waves directly aimed at me, but the more I have to dodge those the more likely I am to panic and run into a red bullet. Other than that I think I'm good on the stage portion of Extra, sometimes I die to the red and blue bullets in the first half but I have more than a 50% survival rate there so it's not a big deal.
>>
>>16804036
You will eventually get better at weaving through the doom fairy's red bullets. For the early part you could try not getting full power until the third kind of fairies spawn, shotgun the first one that appears in the middle and then collect her power items for a screen clear, as in the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MX-D1GIK8
>>
File: SA.png (591KB, 643x482px) Image search: [Google]
SA.png
591KB, 643x482px
I can't believe I actually finished my normal 1CC on SA when I only had one life left by the time I reached Utsuho due to dying dumb deaths on Parsee, Yuugi and Stage 5 in general. Doing her last two spellcards with zero lives left was adrenaline inducing and I somehow was even able to capture her second to the last spell card, also fuck her first spell card since it's the only one I can't even capture even once on her.
>>
when should i start doing extra stages?
i've beaten all the games without continues (except for those tengu parts with camera) but i still think im not able to start extra stages
>>
>>16804432
I had only completed all the games in normal with mostly only one shot type before trying and completing extra stages two weeks ago.
I've completed 3 now,4 if you count extra and phantasm as seperate.
>>
>>16804120
That's impressive, congrats dude. Okuu always seems to wreck my shit unless I'm having a really good run, and I would have probably just restarted as soon as I died to Parsee. Props for sticking through with it.

I've only managed to once successfully capture Okuu's one spellcard where she summons two suns, one on the top and one on the bottom of the screen. I can't remember which # that card is though.
>>
>>16804432
Extra stages are typically between the difficulty of Hard and Normal, but are much more dependant on learning the stage rather than blindly reacting to it. You should just start Extra stages whenever you're ready to dedicate time and practice to that Extra stage.
>>
Where do I get translation patch for super marisa land and iwbtsm and other spinoff games?
Moriyashrine only has japanese version.
>>
File: Yuyuko (1112).png (47KB, 156x194px) Image search: [Google]
Yuyuko (1112).png
47KB, 156x194px
>>16804120
Congrats anon! SA is so much fun, and good job for not restarting and sticking around, it pays!
>>
Are there other communities that discuss touhou gameplay in english actively? /jp/ is the only one I know of and it's nice but I want more
>>
>>16801039
When does that happen?
>>
>>16787954
Try thinking about what you're doing instead of getting overwhelmed and thinking it's hard or impossible.
Also similar to what >>16798077 said, learn where to look. Sparse or predictable patterns you should be taking in almost the whole screen. The tighter the pattern gets, the more you focus in on your hitbox.

Remember there's way more open space than bullets.
Learn when to stream, which means tapping slightly to the side over and over when things are shooting directly at you.
Learn how to cheese patterns. Youmus non-spells can be misdirected to a top corner to mostly miss you. One of Kaguyas spells can be done the same. There's parts in PCB where all of the attacks are suicide bullets and you can avoid all danger by just not shooting. etc
Don't hug the bottom of the screen. Move forwards through patterns and leave yourself room to back up if needed.
Don't play easy. Normal is the lowest difficulty.
>>
>>16806752
>Don't play easy. Normal is the lowest difficulty.
This is seriously the best advice to give any new players. If you're new to shumps and aren't naturally gifted, you'll likely not even make it through easy mode on your first attempts, but by then your shmup-related skills will be lax and accustomed to easy mode, and it'll be extremely hard to break out of that difficulty tier in the future. Face normal mode, and go in with the acknowledgement that the game isn't expecting you to complete it until you've practiced and gotten good.
>>
>>16805610
>it pays!
I mean
it really depends on whether his country has autismbux
>>
>>16806223
Well, there are some discords and reddit I guess, but it sucks.
>>
>>16806223
shrinemaiden forums probably have gameplay threads
>>
File: First hard 1cc.png (50KB, 1212x755px) Image search: [Google]
First hard 1cc.png
50KB, 1212x755px
Am I a Hard tier player if I do this, or do I need to beat more games to be considered Hard tier?
>>
>>16807144
LoLK is the game that decides you tier.
I haven't beat LoLK hard mode despite having several 1cc on the others, so I stay a normie.
>>
>>16807217
LoLK let's you retry every spellcard so you don't have to manage resources.
>>
>>16807238
haven't played LoLK what do you mean?
>>
>>16807238
Legacy
>>
>>16807249
Sanae
>>
>>16807238
Why would anyone play point device? It's the worst thing that's ever happened in the series.
>>16807247
The whole game is broken into parts, and if you get hit during a part you start it over until you can clear it. It's terrible and no one should play it over legacy.
>>
>>16807254
Still
>>
>>16807294
Sux
>>
>>16807255
Shut up dude, no one cares about your hate boner for PD, both the photography games and ISC have similar gameplay patterns and you don't bitch about those do you? I get if you like legacy more, but PD is optional, did you call the unlockable last words in IN "the worst thing to happen to touhou" too?
>>
>>16807247
Don't listen to the other guy, LoLK was designed around Point Device mode because it uses much more design choices you'd expect from Hard/Lunatic/Extra difficulties, such as sections relying on streaming and other tricks. If you're a Normal or Easy player and don't use Point Device mode, you'll just get fucked repeatedly by sections you weren't prepared for and don't see coming, while not knowing how to react to them.
Once you've beat the game the first time, I'd recommend Legacy, but it's really up to you.
>>
>>16806223
What do you want to discuss? Just watching a replay will solve whatever you'll be asking anyway so there is no point.
>>
>>16807321
Spinoff games and optional challenges aren't the same obviously.

Yes you can pick legacy or PD, but you're intended to play PD. A main-series game was designed around a mode which basically devolves to hoarding bombs for spells that are difficult with absolutely no risk. It's a poor design choice for this kind of game and legacy is the actual game.
>>
>>16807349
Honestly ZUN designing it that way was just flat out stupid as shit. It's sad that the last good Touhou game was half a decade ago now.

>>16807321
The photography games and ISC are utter shit.

They're sidegames so they don't count else they'd be just a solid wall of JUST NOT FUN.
>>
File: 1450824575890.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450824575890.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>16807531
>The photography games and ISC are utter shit.
>>
>>16807531
>Honestly ZUN designing it that way was just flat out stupid as shit. It's sad that the last good Touhou game was half a decade ago now.
Sorry you feel that way but I heartily disagree, it was super fun and unique. It's just the gameplay gimmick like UFOs, Trance Mode, etc.
You seem like you're just mad at the series in general, if you're not enjoying any of the new games why stick around?
>>
File: Screenshot (25).png (30KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (25).png
30KB, 1280x960px
Holy shit that was way too close for comfort.
Would it have been better to not shoot Alice on the final attack, or would it become absolutely insane either way?
>>
>>16807531
>The photography games and ISC are utter shit.
LoLKhaters confirmed for master baiters.
>>
>>16807648
It's easier to not shoot her but the game detects if you do this and calls you a scrub on the score count screen.
>>
>>16807864
Haha, that and Sakuya ending the game when you beat her on Easy mode while insulting you are great. ZUN should do more stuff like that.
>>
>>16807887
Wait, Sakuya's dialogue changes on easy?
>>
>>16808017
Yeah when you beat her she condescendingly tells you to go home and come back on normal mode or something along those lines. Then the game ends.
There's literally no Stage 6 on easy mode for EoSD.
>>
>>16807548
DDC was the last one I liked. I'm just hoping it gets good again.

I've still got a lot of games to clear.

Of course I'm slow as shit to progress so hopefully we're not gonna be stuck with 10 years of trash like Gundam just got out of
>>
>>16808060
Yea that was stupid. I'm thankful ZUN decided to actually stop doing that kind of stupidity.
>>
>>16808233
Why? Easy mode isn't even a mode people seriously play, right?
Easy mode definitely shouldn't unlock the good endings, at the very least.
>>
>>16808233
>Yea that was stupid
How so? ZUN was just encouraging you to play a real difficulty while poking fun at you for playing the mindless difficulty on a genre that's suppossed to be hard-ish.
ZUN is a veteran old school STG player and considering that his inspirations come from taito games like Darius gaiden and Metal black you should be thankful that the normal difficulty on touhou games is not as hard as those kind of games.
>>
>>16808241
A 1cc is a 1cc
>>
>>16808233
No it was great, zun should bring it back along with grading (and shitting on) your skill from PC98
>>
>>16808420
In easy mode you can't really call it that, it's more like half a clear
>>
>>16808424
Strange because a few of them will give you good ends even if you max the starting lives.

A 1cc is a 1cc.
>>
>>16808420
You're not riding a bike if you're using training wheels. In fact, only lunatic clears should count as 1cc.
>>
>>16808422
The rank system was pretty cool.

This post skill: >>16808233

D e a d F i s h

T r y t o s c o r e m o r e
>>
>>16808440
No, you're still riding a bike.

It's not riding a tricycle.
>>
>>16808437
Starter lives are literally a meme, tho
>>
>>16808451
What's the difference between a tricycle and training wheels? They are both used exclusively by children who can't ride a real bike, and no self respecting adult would ever ride one. The exact same applies to easy """1ccs"""
>>
>>16808451
Training wheels make it a quadcycle.
I don't want to rag on you too hard because I want 2hu gameplay generals to be cozy, but seriously Easy mode doesn't count. You might as well use continues on normal mode and say it counts because you reached an ending and got the credits.
>>
File: 1477641441070.gif (789KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1477641441070.gif
789KB, 480x270px
I think I'm starting to get addicted to the taste of defeat half a minute before victory. The feeling fuels my next attempt.

Which games other than PCB end with a survival spell card, by the way? I know EoSD doesn't.
>>
>>16808482
IN kinda does in the sense that you don't damage the boss, but your lives are nullified and you can't gameover at that point, getting hit just ends the spells early.
The others all end on normal spells.
>>
>>16808482
It doesn't need to be a survival spell to produce that
Play MoF, it has one of the best final spells in the series, if not the best.
SA also has a hypeass final boss.
>>
File: Unfathomable Rage.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Unfathomable Rage.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>16808482
I took this screenshot years ago when I was a noob and trying to do MoF Extra. I beat her soon after so the rage has subsided but seriously, I could not have gotten a more last-second Game Over than this one here.
>>
>>16808482
Just pretend you are this guy
https://youtu.be/osf1fa4UhP4?t=213
>>
>>16808480
See hating on Easy mode players immediately makes this thread not cozy at all.

>>16808509
Well the pile of last words is just bonus points. You've already won.

Don't panic and try and eh at getting it. Other cases of encountering crossed out Bomb/Life counter in IN means you're in a Last word. Thus a bonus. Dying there just ends the spell and no lives/bombs are lost.
>>
File: touhou progress chart.png (13KB, 400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
touhou progress chart.png
13KB, 400x1080px
>>16808509
>>16808538
Ah, I see.
>>16808545
>>16808580
Whoa, holy shit. In more ways than one.
>it's a replay
immersion lost.

I did it. On ReimuB this time. Yuyuko a cute in the ending. I FUCKING DID ITTTT ahem.

I think I should probably move on from PCB now. Probably to either EoSD or IN.
>>
File: Yuyuko (9).png (275KB, 700x404px) Image search: [Google]
Yuyuko (9).png
275KB, 700x404px
>>16808711
Congrats anon! Both Reimus are excellent in PCB.
>Yuyuko a cute in the ending
She always is.
>>
Just captured Giga Flare for the first time. Feels good. But Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction is a no-no for me.
Does anyone have a trick for Heaven and Hell Meltdown/Hell's Tokamak? My brain just cannot compute this shit.
>>
Last digit of this post is the game I try to 1cc on Normal. 0~5 counts as 10~15
>>
File: 1491207469893.gif (105KB, 173x223px) Image search: [Google]
1491207469893.gif
105KB, 173x223px
>>16809441
Have fun
>>
>>16809400
>Heaven and Hell Meltdown
That's the one with one sun in the top and one in the bottom, right?
It took forever for me to get a hang of that one, so probably just practice. I settled for bombing through it for a long time.
Obviously you gotta stray to one side (I and many others find the right side to be more comfortable), from there just ignore the suns completely and focus on small, circular motions to avoid the regular bullets but maintain your general position. I think the hard part of this is Utsuho's dancing back and forth on the top of the screen makes you want to follow her, don't bother. She'll come back. Only try following her to get better dps once you're really comfortable with the card.
>>
File: 1460146277720.jpg (170KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1460146277720.jpg
170KB, 1252x1252px
>>16787509
Man this is the worst feeling.
I just 1cc'd my latest hard run of eosd and I just realized that I was playing it at 60% slowdown!
I was at such a loss realizing that every time I played this game I was practically doing it in easy mode.
But then I windowed the game to cancel out the slowdown at it plays so differently, I mean fuck I've gotten so used to the bosses and the different spell cards that it felt barely any different to how it normally is, just faster and smaller, like so small I fear that i'd clip without a microscope at hand.
>>
>>16810054
Why exactly is your computer running it so badly in fullscreen? That's fuckin' weird.

Now that I think about it, I had some problems getting some of the games to run properly without lag or screen tearing on my tablet. But that was fixed by putting it into windowed mode, too, though it was only giving problems mostly on the newer games... I don't like windowed, though. I need my screen space so I can see boolet well.
>>
>>16810082
>Why exactly is your computer running it so badly in fullscreen?
Because my schools science project was to attach my tv to my toaster, and well there you go, a smooth 45 fps.
I mean I gave normal run a go just now to test the waters to see if I really am a failure and I managed to 1cc'd somehow with Marisa.

Another thing I learned about the game being slowed down is that bosses will take less damage and thus having the boss fights go on longer. I don't know if it's a frame problem or what but it makes fights a lot more tight.
>>
>>16810122
The gameplay is frame based, so bosses taking longer makes sense.
>>
File: Summary.png (13KB, 400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Summary.png
13KB, 400x1080px
Okay, UFO is done. I almost did DDC with Marisa B but the survival spell proved to be stronger. How do you even do this spell?
>>
>>16810275
You mean Sukuna's where she enlarges your hitbox? It's a bullshit spell if you're anyone but Reimu, dump bombs at it. You're just supposed to stay in the lane while streaming the aimed knives.
>>
>>16810426
How am I supposed to dump bombs with Marisa B? You cannot use another bomb so long as the effect of the previous one lasts, and I just can't stay forever inside the sphere because it's going up and it's gonna get me hit as soon as the sphere disappears.
>>
>>16810465
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQFIn83kd3k
26 minutes in is the spellcard in question.
>>
File: 1456115352291.png (902KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456115352291.png
902KB, 640x480px
Suika really isn't good in SA, is she? I literally cleared the game with the last life without bombs.
>>
>>16810670
She's a meh shottype.
Penetration isn't very effective in this game.
Bomb doesn't allow much gauge filling.
Stupidly short range doesn't help with the penetration and homing can disrupt your dps because a fairy will be in the way.

She's just nothing extraordinary.

In the same playstyle, I'll take Nitori over her. With Nitori, you can forget shot disruption and your bomb is slightly better.
>>
>>16811237
Honestly, if I were to rate SA shottypes:

>Top tier
Marisa A
Reimu A

>"Push X to win" tier
Reimu C

>Good tier
Marisa C
Marisa B (just because you can switch mode doesn't mean shit and you bomb is useless unless you drop it on their face. Still, Water mode heavily compensates)

>Meh tier
Reimu B
>>
>>16807434
I just want to lurk during others discussion to pick up information about games/characters/bosses/stages.
>>
>>16807434
He's looking for a boyfriend anon!
>>
File: Touhou5pacifism.png (3KB, 592x85px) Image search: [Google]
Touhou5pacifism.png
3KB, 592x85px
>>16808233
You rated anon too high, >>16808446
>>
>>16811266

1st : Reimu A
2nd : Marisa B
3rd : Marisa A
4th : Reimu B
5th : Reimu C
6th : Marisa C
>>
>>16808440
a 1cc is a 1cc. you cant say its only half
>>
>>16811713
Sure, and winning a race is winning a race, but people won't really acknowledge your accomplishment if your competition were grade schoolers 10 years younger than you.
>>
>>16811733
what are your best achievements anon
>>
>>16811742
I've 1cc'd each game on Normal Mode and beaten most of the Extra stages, including Phantasm. I think I'm going to work on LoLK Extra next, or go back to EoSD's Extra.
>>
>>16811753
>implying normal mode is different than easy
>>
>>16811768
Is your misquoting chevrontext supposed to imply Normal mode isn't different from Easy?
>>
>>16811779
well, it has maybe 8 more bullets or so i guess
>>
>>16811787
It doesn't surprise me that easy-mode babies can't count.
>>
>>16811787
Just get better and try your hand at harder difficulties.
No need to hate on the actual difficulties, you just need to stop playing the practice difficulty and take that one big step!
>>
>>16811787
If it's only 8 more bullets and not significantly more difficult than easy, why play on easy in the first place?
>>
>>16811838
because its better
>>
>>16809441 here.
SA Normal is not normal. I lost against Parsee in my first try. I can get to Okuu on Easy. This should not be allowed.
>>
>>16811897
What gave you trouble on Parsee? Don't be afraid to bomb in SA, it's tied to your shot power and thus replenishes.
>>
>>16811425
lf gf
must have top 5 lunatic score
>>
>>16811960
lf bf
Must have completed HrtP on lunatic
>>
>>16811972
HRtP on lunatic is easy tho
>>
>>16812047
I'm a slut, you see.
>>
>>16811914
Got hit by her 2nd non-spell and 2nd spell. Nothing that a few more tries won't solve, but it feels weird to lose on stage 2 when I can get to 6 on Easy.
>>
>>16812199
Yeah, moving up a difficulty will always give you early game troubles because you're accustomed to easier bullet patterns, so every bit of increased density catches you off guard.
>>
Does anyone actually play on Hard? It seems like if you wanted to go up in difficulty and are willing to put in the effort to git gud you might as well just straight to Lunatic. Asking as a Normal-mode casual who wants to go higher, and facing this decision now.
>>
>>16812287
After my first few normal 1ccs, I did a couple hard 1ccs and then went up to lunatic. The jump from normal to lunatic in some games, like UFO for example, might be more than you want to handle at once.
>>
>>16811266

I'd say

A tier (great): Reimu A, Marisa A
C tier (good): Reimu C, Marisa C
B tier (meh): Reimu B, Marisa B

Compared to Reimu C Marisa C is good in a similar way in that if you already know which stage sections/spell cards are difficult for you you can just preemptively bomb them and while Marisa C's bomb doesn't actively do much damage it has the potential to refund half your power if you pull it off. Marisa C also just has a better shot compared to Reimu C which kind of sucks on bosses. Marisa C also has the easiest Satori fight in my opinion. At the same time Reimu C's bomb is even better at getting you through hard spots and her shot can make the stage sections easier if you figure out how to use it well so I'd say they're about tied overall.

Reimu B and Marisa B both struggle with low damage and below-average bombs, I'd say Marisa B is a bit better due to it's easier stage sections and occasionally useful flexibility but overall I'd say both are easily worse than the other 4 shot types.
>>
>>16812287
Personally, I'm trying to fill out the chart entirely, so I'm going to go after Hard until I feel comfortable with Lunatic.
Hard is a good way to easy yourself into certain characters having spells on Lunatic and Hard that they don't have on Normal or lower.
>>
>>16812481
have you played a "hard" game before? If no, have you played a game/sport seriously and improved vastly? If no, your first time is always hard and takes work/passion to get good fast.
>>
File: Improved.png (91KB, 1241x768px) Image search: [Google]
Improved.png
91KB, 1241x768px
>>16812481
You might think you suck, but you just need to practice.
>>
>>16812316
>Marisa C
>easiest Satori
Pls. That goes for ReimuB
>>
>>16812846

Her first suika card is easier than her first nitori card but for me at least the second and third are easier on Marisa C. I'd agree that Reimu B has one of the easier ones too though. Reimu A probably has the hardest despite it being arguably the best shot in the game.
>>
>>16812316
>>16811705
Why do people believe Reimu A is the best shot type? Marisa A has more power at around starting 7.XX and much better spread, and her teleportation gimmick is not useful for the places where it matters.
Sure, there's the bomb thing, but using one with this shot type still deprives you of 1/4 of your firepower.
>>
>>16813454
Because the highest damage on Marisa A can only be fully achieved if you are extremely close on the enemy and aiming the entire shot in the middle were the lasers combine as oppossed of Reimu A were the damage is more consistent regardless of the position of the screen.
This is even more obvious in higher difficulties were you need to dodge arround the screen more.
>>
>>16813454
The few times the teleportation gimmick comes in handy, it COMPLETELY trivializes some of the roughest stage segments in the game. Never having to restream is a powerful tool.
>>
>>16813909
Yea it messes up the Zombie Fairies as just bait em all over then flip and repeat as needed
>>
>>16812503
no i only play easy game like IN and still suck at it
(btw fuck the janigger)
>>
Just got my first normal 1cc ever, for some reason MoF was easier to learn and beat than the ones people suggest to learn first like PCB and IN. I feel accomplished but I know it's a long road ahead before I can beat other games or do lunatic at all. Wish me luck anons~!
>>
>>16815588
Congrats. I'm not sure why people say MoF is easy, honestly. It's not bad but I definitely find IN, TD, PCB easier desu. MoF feels very middle of the road in my opinion. Perhaps it has something to do with my playstyle. Since I tend to try be conservative with bombing, most of the time, I can imagine that some power could go to waste and I might end up losing that bombing potential. And, of course, dying more often due to being less willing in general to bomb when I'm under pressure. It's good for practice purposes I'd say, and learning to death bomb which I've gotten a lot better at. But power-based bombing ends up hurting me, probably, since I can't stock up bombs in the first 4 stages and then unleash hell on the last 2 stages' bosses, which is a tactic I've used in other games. I'm guessing ZUN's reasoning behind designing the power bombing system was to prevent that kind of thing, but I guess he reverted to stock bomb because people didn't like it or something, maybe.
>>
>>16815630
That's why Mof is easier and SA is brutal though, because you get a free bomb in MoF without losing any power. Especially if it's a stage section you'll typically just get the power back without really losing anything
>>
>>16815588
MoF is definitely one of the eastist games in the series. The reason it doesn't get recommended as a beginner's game is because of its unique bomb system where it's tied directly to your power. There are many sections of the game where you can bomb and instantly get all the power you lost back from the enemies. The only penalty to bombing is a loss of point card value, and people playing for survival usually ignore score unless it's a game where you gain extra lives via score (and MoF is one of those games where you do, but it's so easy that you don't need to get every available life to win).

Good luck with SA when you get to it, though. It has the same bomb mechanic but it's one of the hardest games in the series (at least on Normal, I've heard from Lunatic players that it's not that bad in the grand scale of things on Lunatic).
>>
>>16814330
but IN is the hardest
>>
>>16815685
Unless you're missing all card captures or doing something else egregious to hurt your score, even just playing for survival will pretty much always net you all of the "score lives" by Stage 6.
>>
>>16815801
When judging difficulty, people like to take into account how easy it is to bomb spam and avoid the danmaku patterns altogether.
>>
>>16815806
Even ignoring the bombing, which in general is much more lenient in IN, I'd say that the danmaku in general, possibly with the exception of Kaguya, is probably a bit easier on average. Foregoing Mokou since she's an Extra boss.
>>
>>16815806
But you're only supposed to bomb once in IN.
>>
>>16815886
If that's true then why can I only 1cc with like 2 lives and no bombs left?
Checkmate.
>>
>>16815899
I said "supposed to" you illiterate retard monkey nigger
>>
>>16815908
If that's true the why can't I beat lunatic without bombing?
Checkmate
>>
>>16815914
because ur bad
>>
>>16815922
If that's true then why can I 1cc normal mode?
Checkmate
I think you're missing the points of these checkmates, mate.
>>
>>16815952
Difficulty is subjective, checkmate. You're as good or as bad as you make yourself out to be.
>>
>>16815865
I'm the anon who just beat MoF, I still can't beat IN. Marisa/Reimu fights are resource drains out the wazoo for me and Kaguya fight (I unlocked everything on easy no bully pls) always seems to give me trouble even after I do everything just right in practice. MoF didn't seem to have too many hard patterns for me except a few of Kanakos. Even her Mountain of Faith card didn't give me that "I can't do this where do I go" feeling. Overall all what I'm saying is just opinion, so maybe it was just the visuals on patterns not hurting my eyes plus not having the pressure of saving bombs making me feel it was easier.
>>
>>16815952
I think you're contradicting yourself there. 1ccing normal mode doesn't make you "not bad". Most people who have played a lot would even argue that clearing lunatic without bombs does not make you "not bad" either. The only certainty is that not being able to do such would make you bad.
>>
>>16815969
Thanks anon this cured my depression.
>>
>>16816023
Don't get too ahead of yourself. Difficulty is always subjective to how good you are currently and how difficult what you're playing is to you, but there is arguably such a thing as objective difficulty. How "good" players are compared to eachother and how high they would "rank" if such a system even existed for Touhou games beyond scoring and ability to clear.

However, due to the inevitable nature of people's abilities, intelligence, personalities, etc. never being the same, this objectivity is rendered irrelevant. The only one who can truly understand what it's like to play as you is you yourself. To deign to the judgement of those who cannot or will not understand the subjective weaknesses and strengths of others is to discard your own subjectivities and ascribe to the belief that everyone is the same, a necessarily flawed interpretation.

You can judge yourself objectively if you want, but it will never do you any good, only bombarding you with negative feelings of worthlessness or imbibed feelings of superiority, neither of which are helpful, and inhibits your determination to improve and ability to focus on what you need to do to improve and reach your potential, which is practice, practice, practice. People who are truly objectively talented often do not understand the labors required for those less talented to reach the same levels, which makes them arrogant and insensitive enough to discard their achievements whimsically. But if they refuse to acknowledge subjective truth, then they've relinquished their right to judge others by refusing to acknowledge one of the multitude of methodologies which are required to find the truth.
>>
>>16815886
Where is this one bomb supposed to be?
>>
>>16811768
Easy mode babies are also /v/ crossposters?
Color me surprised
>>
I have a question as someone who is not interested in falling for the scoring meme, but does like seeing slightly higher scores if achieving them doesn't disrupt the run too much.

In PCB, you get a score bonus if you let the cherry barrier's timer expire on its own, but score-wise, are there any times where I /want/ to detonate it manually? I was always curious about whether one could get more points by dissolving all the bullets on-screen at specific moments rather than letting the barrier go away (and stuff like that).
>>
>>16816294
Good question. Check the wiki I guess. Maybe it can show you the equations for all that stuff. It's possible there may be dependents that change what you would get from each, though, which could make it subjective. Such as how much cherry you have, and of course how many bullets you dissolve and collect.

If that is possible, I'd imagine it becomes more prominent a thing the harder the difficulty you're playing is.
>>
>>16816294
You don't get points directly from border cancels. PCB scoring where borders are concerned is mostly based around getting as much unfocused graze as possible. And of course they help with gathering point items at times.

Usually you're supposed to let borders finish, unless there's a big graze coming up and you need to break it early because you got off route or you're doing stage 4 opener border chaining or something like that.
>>
>>16790451

Infinite Superspeed Flying Object is pure and utter bullshit.

But yeah, I definitely prefer the fighting games. Not that I don't like the shooters. It's just, few things compare to the rush you feel facing down Youmu's Double Pain (Lunatic).

I mean, Boss Attacks (Enemy Spellcards) in a fighting game is, as far as I know, something that's never been done before or ever since. The alternate movesets in Soku hadn't been done before that point either, to my knowledge.
>>
>>16815886
maybe for you, since you are a talented superplayer
>>
>>16816014
>Most people who have played a lot would even argue that clearing lunatic without bombs does not make you "not bad" either. The only certainty is that not being able to do such would make you bad.
This kind of mentality is what makes the whole shmup community so unbearable to be honest. It also makes progress slower
>>
>>16817281
communities are always shit
most ``good'' western players arent part of any communities anyway
>>
Man, Reimu always wrecks my shit whenever I get to her in PoDD. Or if not her, then Chiyuri.
>>
File: temporary incoherent rage.jpg (104KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
temporary incoherent rage.jpg
104KB, 400x300px
God damn it.
I just choked during two very last seconds.in PCB.
Worst of all I had 4 bombs on me

Guess I'll try again tomorrow, I'm about to smash something.
>>
>>16817811
All the good western players are in #kusoplay. Or the farm. Or Eientei boards. Or twitter. etc
Those are communities.
>>
>>16817909
This is normal, I think that PODD is usually considered the hardest game in the series to 1cc thanks to the last three stage enemies just refusing to lose.
>>
>>16819352
>#kusoplay.
Are you fucking serious? IRC? in fucking 2017??
>>
>>16819892
Better than using a thousand incompatible proprietary smartphone-only hipster applications.
>>
>>16819892
It's attitudes like that which have let IRC survive so long, using it weeds out the normies and shitposters who don't want to put in the bare minimum effort to get in on it.
>>
File: Awoo2.webm (3MB, 384x450px) Image search: [Google]
Awoo2.webm
3MB, 384x450px
>>
>>16820159
How do I make webms of reasonable file size like that?
>>
>>16820199
I use OBS to record to 2500kbps mp4, and ffmpeg to convert to webm (sometimes with a lower bitrate if need be).

You may find this helpful:
https://www.reddit.com/r/touhou/comments/2j2pg5/a_guide_on_making_60fps_webm_files_with_replays/
>>
>>16820234
That post is old as fuck and the program is way different now, it doesn't really help a lot
>>
>>16820384
Which program? OBS?
>>
>>16820418
Yes
>>
>>16820443
Guess I must be using an outdated version then. Or maybe not. It's been a really long time since I did most of the configuration.
>>
File: TDUltra2.webm (3MB, 384x450px) Image search: [Google]
TDUltra2.webm
3MB, 384x450px
>>
>>16820450
There is no encoding tab, how the fuck am I supposed to configure?
>>
>>16820537
Does this help?
>>
>>16820541
Yes it did, thank you
>>
>>16820564
You're welcome.
>>
File: Ichirin2.webm (2MB, 384x450px) Image search: [Google]
Ichirin2.webm
2MB, 384x450px
>>
>>16819352
noone uses irc
eientei is full of feelgood casual retard scrubs
farm is 100% shitposting
twitter is a platform not a community
>>
>>16820979
You forgot that MotK is full of elitists
>>
>>16821120
he did not mention motk
that place is run by some disgusting tranny though
>>
>>16821156
>he did not mention motk
That's why I said he forgot, duh
>>
>>16821173
You seem to be implying that >>16820979 forgot motk but it's rather >>16819352
that did not mention motk.
>>
>>16821256
oh. Well then, both of them forgot it.
>>
>>16787509
I just downloaded a torrent with a bunch of these games
I've never played before
Is there game that is best to start with or does it not really matter?
>>
>>16821313
Play EoSD (Touhou 6) first, it will teach you the basics. Then you may go in order or not from there.
>>
>>16820979
Eientei's secondaries hide out in Skype and barely post on the forum. At this point the forum is basically a hub for gaming competitions, records, and the LNN(N) thread. Which isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>16821313
At the start it doesnt matter since any of them will teach you the basics. The "easiest" are IN, PCB, and MoF and the hardest are SA, UFO, and LoLK (but opinions run hot on this) but I suggest trying them all out and picking the one you like best. Playing easy mode is okay, just don't stay on it too long as it will teach bad habits that are hard to break. Don't let someone tell you that you're shit because you're still learning and haven't 1cc'd. In all honesty I would suggest to overlook some of the comments in the gameplay threads here, for some reason they bring out the elitist in people. The single most important thing is to have fun and try not to let it become a competition or make you unreasonably mad.
>>
>>16821313
Play Touhou 6: EoSD first. Afterwards you can go in chronological order.
Touhou 6 is the most recommended to start because it doesn't has dumb gimmicks and is a pure old shool STG experience.
>>
File: 1478182973891.jpg (121KB, 728x516px) Image search: [Google]
1478182973891.jpg
121KB, 728x516px
I feel like I've put ten hours of practice into EoSD Extra this week without fighting Flan a single time during any of it. Despite all the practice I don't feel like I've improved at all against any of Patchouli's cards; in fact I feel like I've gotten worse at Royal Flare, I haven't captured it once in days, which means I haven't fought her third card in days because I refuse to bomb a static card.

I don't even think complaining is going to do anything because I've already discussed the problem sections in this thread and gotten advice on them. They're just so random, except for Royal Flare, I have no excuse at all for being so bad at Royal Flare. I know what to do but I keep fucking it up because I only get to that card once every ten runs.
>>
>>16821755
>Playing easy mode is okay
No it's not. You learn absolutely nothing by going on the esiest difficulty.
If you are still learning how to play shoot em ups in general, stages 1,2 and 3 in normal are more than enough to get used to the controls.

>>16821834
You probably are either burned out or you just need more practice on different games. If you haven't 1cc'd most games i suggest you to do that instead.
In EoSD the patterns are less dense but more quick so the trick to survive is to practice your reaction. Spellcards like royal flare, cranberry trap and maze of love have fixed solutions so you probably can learn a lot if you watch different replays of the extra.
>>
File: scrub.png (24KB, 400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scrub.png
24KB, 400x1080px
>>16821849
I have 1cc'd all the games except LoLK on Legacy. This is my current progress chart.
>>
>>16821855
It's kind of weird that you can't get EoSD extra considering your progress.
Then you are probably burned out, don't rush it. Playing other games other than touhou games also helps a lot, i remeber i got stuck on DDC extra and played Parodius instead, after that i managed cleared the extra.
If you want you can also try doing other extra stage. In my opinion, in order of difficulty from easiest to hardest is:

MoF
PoFV
UFO
TD
PCB (Sakuya)
PCB
IN
EoSD
DDC (Sakuya A/Marisa B)
TD
DDC
LLS
SA
LoLK (Sanae/Reisen)
SoEW
MS (Mima)
LoLK (Reimu)
GFW
>power gap<
MS (Marisa)
>power gap<
LoLK (Marisa)

Other than the power gaps, this list doesn't represent how differently hard are each one of the extras from another.
>>
>>16821279
motk is just not worth mentioning since most players are banned or dont go there as a consequence of being run by a disgusting tranny.
>>
>>16822317
Are you the same dude who keeps calling people niggers? Why don't you go back to /pol/ you autist, or better yet just stay in your circlejerk irc.
>>
>>16822349
No I have never called someone that. The problem is not her being a tranny, the problem is being disgusting.
>>
>>16822350
Fair enough
>>
Any tips for Hijiri normal in UFO ?
>>
>>16821729
>Skype
Does the thing still work?
>>
>>16823021
Somehow.
>>
>>16823018
Stock up on bombs, that's what stage 6 is specifically made for. Right away you get one green UFO, so that's one bomb.
Next, you can get exactly 6 pieces of life (three UFOs) using the blinking UFOs during the stage. If you go into stage 6 with 1 or 0 life pieces, don't bother going for the third red UFO because you won't have enough life pieces for another 1UP. Instead, make another green UFO.
She is doable with just the resources you get in this stage, but obviously try to have some leftover from the other stages.
Are there any spell cards in particular you have trouble with?

For her opener non-spell, if she is near the side of the screen, take a route through the bullets near the middle of the screen. If you take a route near the side of the screen and the bullets curve the wrong way, you might get trapped, so avoid that.
Purple Mist is about finding spots where you can go up through one layer of bullets in a place where the other kind of bullet is not overlapping.
Fragrance of Makai Butterfly is static except for the aimed lasers.
Don't stray too far down the screen on Star Maelstrom.
Her non-spell after that one is annoying, I bomb it.
For Devil's Recitation you can try misdirecting the large red orbs until the red lasers come out. I try to stay near the middle of the screen.
Air Scroll is easy, but beware the bright flashes she emits when she starts firing. If she's near the bottom of the screen, she can hide bullets and snipe you.
Good luck with her final spellcard, it's all practice.
>>
File: 31259476_p0.jpg (391KB, 971x1100px) Image search: [Google]
31259476_p0.jpg
391KB, 971x1100px
>>16823116
Much love for the writeup anon
>>
File: 1490736500878.png (1MB, 992x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1490736500878.png
1MB, 992x1500px
>>16823018
You may be only intimidated by her since you worked so hard to get that far, and she is the final boss and all.
For getting rid of this mental state i recommend you to fap to her.
After the deed, you will lose all kind of respect and fear to her and make the fight easier.
>>
File: 20170406120120_1.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20170406120120_1.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
>>16823116
The filler before Star Maelstrom and Star Maelstrom are my biggest killers atm.
>>
I decided to take a break from EoSD and play the most masochistic game in the franchise for me PoFV, and every single run is exactly the same every time. I plow through Stages 1-5 without getting hit once, and then I lose on Stage 6 because the boss refuses to fucking die and have to reset.

Is there a timer for the Stage 6 boss for when they start to die intentionally, like there is for Eiki?
>>
>>16823446
Stage 6 bosses usually die around 2 minute.
>>
>>16823480
They do? Matches against Stage 6 bosses always go past the 2:30 mark for me regardless of whether I win or lose.
>>
>>16823562
Sounds like you're not pushing them hard enough.
>>
>>16823480
>>16823629
Stop spreading misinformation. s6 bosses should die around 3:30 unless you're getting "lucky" with a shottype that can kill or playing on a lower difficulty.
>>
>>16823766
>on a lower difficulty
Well, yeah. Obviously I meant normal.
>>
>>16823342
Dont move too much and focus a bit (about and inch) above your sprite instead of directly looking at it while keeping it in peripheral vision, to judge incoming attacks early and dodge.
>>
File: 1488099882979.jpg (22KB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
1488099882979.jpg
22KB, 540x404px
I HATE Stage 5 on UFO
>>
>>16823958
And then keep moving opposite of where she moves, keeping focus and inch towards her.
Or bomb when she comes down, thats easier.
>>
This, is the meaning of my fragile existence. You may think me Asian for attaining game skills that may rival the gods, but no I say, to such a ignorant statement, for you see, this is the very culmination of the American dream! I return to the same chair I jizz, bleed, cut my nails and sleep on to further dwindle the point of my disappointing life for the one sole purpose of becoming a master dodge machine, and I avoid all else that would otherwise be a productive and satisfying hobby. You can not imagine the will it takes to return to my cockpit of degeneracy which permeates the scent of a sticky, sweaty diabetic child of which the smell can only be described as that of sticking a jar of fermented pony jizz inside a skunks asshole and forgetting to bury it for comedic value. The passion in ones heart to continue ever onward even though your parents give you the same eyes they'd give a lobotomy patient after hours on end of autistic bat screeching over the pathetic failures of ones own making, and the dedication it takes to forego years of showering to put every waking second to the pointless practice time that makes you shake with ironic glee as you watch your health deteriorate before your eyes.

A child walked up to me once and said the words that only a wise man could ever come up with: "I dare you so hard to sex with a sexy girl that's hot." But alas, not even the dare of someone so wise could deter me of becoming the most autistic lonely boy on the block, and when I look back upon my life, it's always with a sense of shame, "what could I have done to fulfill that boys request?" I ponder to myself often, but no amount of thinking of the past, can ever throw me from the light of my American dream.

And so, when you call Touhou a "anime", I can not help but feel that every fiber of my being is being ripped to shreds, and the fires of anger rise higher than that of the fumes of alcohol that leap forth from my Mother's breath.

But that is okay, for when I reach a God status, I shall look down upon all those who called me a fool, and rub my neck on my shoulder to produce a flatulent noise that will let them know what I think of them.

And this, my comrades, is what I first goo goo ga ga'd when I was drawn from the womb, and what I will hoo ha till the day I die.

Amen.
>>
>>16823629
How would you suggest pushing them? I usually play defensively and only use Level 2 spells when I'm about to get hit or my meter is completely full (so it doesn't go to waste). I should mention I'm currently using Reimu and don't plan on switching characters until I get a clear with her.
>>
>>16824482
>only use Level 2 spells when I'm about to get hit
How about you use them as soon as you can.
>>
>>16824504
But then what do I do if I'm about to get walled?
>>
>>16824509
You dodge.
Have in mind that level 2 attack aren't only for defending but attacking, and the more you use, the faster you are gonna have extra lives
>>
File: 1466639360843.png (81KB, 409x406px) Image search: [Google]
1466639360843.png
81KB, 409x406px
>>16824539
>You dodge.
But I'm terrible at dodging!
>>
>>16824697
Then is time to learn!
PoFV is great for that because of all the random shit. That's actually the only good thing it has so have fun anon!
>>
I had a run that went well enough to make if through the stage without dying, only spending a single bomb to deal with ZUN's PC-98 white fuck you bullets that come at the end of every sequence in that generation. I did Arisu's opening fire attack perfectly and the second cold attack without needing to bomb. I spent my remaining two bombs dealing with her second purple laser attack. I made it all the way to her final attack with the sole intention of not timing it out with adequate resources to bomb though it; I even got the extra extend from score. I died with 0 lives and 0 bombs remaining in the last 2 frames before your invincibility when the score screen comes up.

What's funny is how easy this extra is if you just time out the last attack. With Reimu and 0.0% slowdown it is a literal nightmare. I just want a Reimu extra 1cc without timing it out.
>>
>>16824504
Not conserving your gauge at all is bad. Using level 2s as fast as possible all the time on stages 6-9 is just going to get you hit.

>>16824539
>the more you use, the faster you are gonna have extra lives
Sort of, I guess. But to someone who's probably not going to be reflecting well enough to get to 999,990 combo it probably doesn't matter how they use them that much. They could possibly get the few points needed for the 70m extend just from level 2s.
>>
I'm not sure if that advice worked or I just got lucky, but I managed to get that clear I wanted.
http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=42859
Posting the replay just in case someone wants to dissect things and tell me how I was playing the game completely wrong the whole time. I only grabbed two extends the entire game, though I think I had enough for a third if the threshold wasn't passed at the results screen for the final stage.
>>
File: Progress.png (27KB, 400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Progress.png
27KB, 400x1080px
>>16821888
Your scale is somewhat skewed.
LLS can be lower for both Marisa shottypes by a lot, ReimuA by a little, and ReimuB at the same place.
And MS is slightly easier than SoEW, but that's probably on me being shit at one or two areas.
>>
After not being able to play for some days, I got this lucky 1cc with SakuB in PCB hard.
It's amazing how bad I played in this run and yet got this 1cc all thanks to SakuyaB's ability to stall Resurrection Butterfly.
Add 2 more bombs and this is how bad you can do.
>>16825031
Well done anon!
PoFV can be bullshit at times, but it is also a very fun game.
>>
File: Screenshot (55).png (70KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (55).png
70KB, 1280x960px
>>16825097
Okay, so maybe I exaggerated for ReimuB.
I was really pissed off because I wasn't beating Mugetsu and dying at really dumb areas.
This makes LLS the first game I have an Extra clear for all shottypes.
>>
>>16825310
Thanks. I managed to clear Marisa with my first try afterward, but Sakuya in PoFV is one of the most uncomfortable shottypes I've ever used. Just the act of using my Level 2 hurts me more than helps because it fucks up my mental planning of where the bullets are going to go and what I have to input to weave through them, and the way she activates spirits hurts too since they can activate below you and they don't rise. It just hurts to play.
>>
>>16825663
Yeah I agree, Sakuya is pretty much my most hated shot in PoFV
>>
>>16824509
pray that you have good genes and that your talent will kick in before you get walled
>>
Byakuren's giving me a hard time, mainly with "St. Nikou's Air Scroll". How do I combat the sudden tank amount of health?
>>
>>16825883
Just stay in the bottom left corner after the first few seconds, don't move around so much.
>>
>>16825097
I honestly don't think that there is much difference on the shottypes for this game other than homing Reimu, and even then the difference in difficulty is not as great to make as much of a difference like Mima on MS or Sakuya A on DDC.
>>
>>16825883
This spellcard may look hard but it's in fact very easy. Shots move at a snail's pace and you can easily find a way between the unravelling pattern.

Meanwhile, I'm still stuck at trying the IN challenge of 1cc'ing Hard mode with Reimu only. Made it up to Kaguya but I ran out of resources.

Those who say IN is easy are full of shit. I haven't 1cc'ed Hard IN even once but I've already done so with SA, EoSD and others.
>>
I was looking back at a replay of eosd but it says I had a slowdown rate of 10% but I remember the game running at 60fps when I played it, what does this mean?
>>
>>16826697
Were you also looking at the FPS counter while you were dodging the bullets during bosses? The framerate is only going to dip when there are a lot of bullets or effects on screen. The slowdown count is the average slowdown for the entire run. It doesn't matter if you had 60fps at the start of stage one with 10 enemies on screen. Your slowdown really shouldn't ever be higher than one or two percent.
>>
>>16827548
Why was it at 10% and what should I do to stop it?
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.