[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /jp/ dead? Greentexts are now mainstream. Everyone can barely

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

File: jp meet up.jpg (108KB, 1200x876px) Image search: [Google]
jp meet up.jpg
108KB, 1200x876px
Is /jp/ dead?

Greentexts are now mainstream.
Everyone can barely even spell.
People are technologically illiterate.
No one know fucking japanese anymore.

Where did the older /jp/ go?
>>
Split jp.
No more generals.
Make a 2D board and a generals board.
>>
>>14308830
>Greentexts are now mainstream.
And yet still somehow better than the "who are you quoting" shit.

>People are technologically illiterate.
Content access got easier.

>No one know fucking japanese anymore.
More people know Japanese than ever.
>>
>>14308848
It doesn't how much you split it up if the community is a bunch of illiterate retards.

It's sad to say, but 4chan is like the rest of the internet now.
>>
Old /jp/sies killed themselves. They're truly better off, we should strive to be like them.
>>
>>14308855
>And yet still somehow better than the "who are you quoting" shit.
Nah, it ain't, greentext isn't any fucking "better", especially when you can just type normally.
>Content access got easier.
Sound like easy access is not necessarily a good thing.
>More people know Japanese than ever.
I'm sorry but that's just not true, not on /jp/. The only threads that people seem to know jap is the eroge thread, everyone else seem to depend on English translation.
>>
>>14308862
Sure spared themselves of this drivel future.
>>
>>14308866
>Nah, it ain't, greentext isn't any fucking "better", especially when you can just type normally.
Regular English is usually better, yes.

>The only threads that people seem to know jap is the eroge thread, everyone else seem to depend on English translation.
So basically nothing has changed.
>>
Ron Paul will make /2D/ real.
>>
>>14308873
>Regular English is usually better, yes.
And "Who are you quoting?" encourages regular fucking English, so please fucking stick with it.
>So basically nothing has changed.
Not really, in the past, some people on /jp/ did translation themselves.

Now we rely on translation.
>>
MAKE /2D/
>>
>>14308885
>And "Who are you quoting?" encourages regular fucking English, so please fucking stick with it.
It encourages canned memery and ironic shitposting, so fuck off.

>Not really, in the past, some people on /jp/ did translation themselves.
The fact that nobody bothers to translate shit on /jp/ itself doesn't mean people don't know Japanese. It just means they're not translating shit for you. Probably because of the new culture that insists that all EOPs are subhuman shitters who only deserve to suffer and die.
>>
>>14308881
Ron Paul is dead.
>>
>>14308892
>It encourages canned memery and ironic shitposting, so fuck off.
I don't even know what are those, and no, the reality shows "Who are you quoting" encourages people to type normally.
>The fact that nobody bothers to translate shit on /jp/ itself doesn't mean people don't know Japanese. It just means they're not translating shit for you. Probably because of the new culture that insists that all EOPs are subhuman shitters who only deserve to suffer and die.
Do you believe this shit? /jp/ is all 90% EOP. We don't even fucking communicate in japanese anymore.
>>
>>14308901
>I don't even know what are those,
What the fuck?

>Do you believe this shit? /jp/ is all 90% EOP.
And it used to be 95%.

>We don't even fucking communicate in japanese anymore.
Yes, because people who ACTUALLY know Japanese don't feel the need to throw Japanese at each other on an English imageboard.

If you're translating things, you're either 1. learning, in which case /jp/ will tear you limb from limb when you inevitably fuck up, 2. in it for the e-peen, which /jp/ is not going to give you now that being an EOP is basically pariah, or 3. getting paid, in which case you're not going to be doing it on /jp/.
>>
We should just make a 2D board for off topic weeb stuff where mods and the janitor take it easy because no serious discussion takes place there. Everyone wins.
>>
File: yep.png (8KB, 977x136px) Image search: [Google]
yep.png
8KB, 977x136px
Not really. More mainstream, perhaps, but still pretty rarely used incorrectly, and those who use them incorrectly usually get the "who are you quoting" response, which is better than just being accepted.

>Everyone can barely even spell.
y tha fuk duz dis madder? As long as the message is clear, caring about "whom vs who" is a pretty meaningless thing to be concerned with.

Irony

I've seen the rare example now and again on /jp/, but most of the /jp/sies here seem to have a pretty good handle on what they're doing. It's really not that bad.

See pic related

/jp/ isn't what it once was, but these complaints are very far from the symptoms of /jp/'s decline. If you were arguing that 4chan wasn't what it once was, then yes, I completely agree. /vr/ is a fantastic community and /vg/ has some pretty ok generals, but the rest of the site is pretty garbage.

/jp/ is unique in that it exists as a part of 4chan, but at the same time, is it's own separate community; many of the other boards on this shitty site have communities that blend together and all seem the same. As unique as /jp/ is, it is still a part of 4chan, and thus, 4chan's decline leaks into /jp/. The leak is not nearly as bad as it has been for the other boards, though. /jp/ is still a much better place to be than, say, /v/.
>>
>>14308911
>What the fuck?
I don't know those.
>And it used to be 95%.
Can you prove that?
>Yes, because people who ACTUALLY know Japanese don't feel the need to throw Japanese at each other on an English imageboard.
People who actually know jap should actually converse in jap in a board about otaku culture, yes. And not fucking wait for English translation and then discuss said things, that's the opposite of knowing japanese..
>If you're translating things, you're either 1. learning, in which case /jp/ will tear you limb from limb when you inevitably fuck up, 2. in it for the e-peen, which /jp/ is not going to give you now that being an EOP is basically pariah, or 3. getting paid, in which case you're not going to be doing it on /jp/.
Are you still pretending this whole tough /jp/ bullshit? As said, most people here fucking wait for translation man and outright tell you they don't know japanese man.
>>
>>14308929
I'm mad because /jp/ was an intelligent, well-spoken community. Now we are not that.

And no, we are not fucking unique, don't fucking pretend. We are just another board of the declining 4chan, with no standard and nothing to separate us.
>>
>>14308930
>Can you prove that?
Can you prove otherwise?

>People who actually know jap should actually converse in jap in a board about otaku culture, yes.
Unless you need to use a specific term with no good English equivalent (which people do fall back to Japanese for), then it's entirely fucking pointless. Your native language is usually going to be better than your second one, so it's certainly not going to improve communication. The only thing it achieves is allow you to feel a smug sense of superiority about keeping the peasants out.

If you really want to shitpost about eroge or leave reviews in Japanese you can always do it on 2ch or EGS.

>As said, most people here fucking wait for translation man and outright tell you they don't know japanese man.
I've never denied that, you stupid fucking cunt. People have always waited for translations.
>>
>>14308937
>/jp/ was an intelligent, well-spoken community.
/jp/ was a bunch of retarded children trying to sound intelligent.
>>
>>14308944
>Can you prove otherwise?
I can prove otherwise, because as said, people in olden /jp/ rely less on translation and just plainly speak japanese, broken or not. The newer /jp/ doesn't do this and shows no sign of actually knowing shit.
>Unless you need to use a specific term with no good English equivalent (which people do fall back to Japanese for), then it's entirely fucking pointless
It's not pointless because the japanese media comes first, if you know japanese and have interest in things, this gives you an edge on /jp/.
>If you really want to shitpost about eroge or leave reviews in Japanese you can always do it on 2ch or EGS.
Yeah, because modern /jp/ is about shitposting translated games because no one fucking knows shit.
>I've never denied that, you stupid fucking cunt. People have always waited for translations.
Well, the problem is, as said, people in the past relied less on fucking translation. Nowadays, everyone seem to do except those particular eroge threads.
>>
>>14308947
Let's pretend that's true, now we are a bunch of retarded children sounding like retarded children.

Real fucking advancement.
>>
>>14308958
>people in olden /jp/ rely less on translation
Prove it, retard.

>The newer /jp/ doesn't do this and shows no sign of actually knowing shit.
If you're speaking broken Japanese you don't know Japanese and are just wasting everyone's fucking time trying to sound like you know shit.

>Yeah, because modern /jp/ is about shitposting translated games because no one fucking knows shit.
VN general discusses nothing but untranslated games. They do it in English. Go bitch at them and tell them they're doing it wrong. In Japanese, so you can feel like you're important.

>Well, the problem is, as said, people in the past relied less on fucking translation.
Prove it, retard.
>>
>>14308830
>Where did the older /jp/ go?

The golden age of the board was maybe about 1.5 to 2 years after the split. The board culture had finally begun to coalesce, and the majority of the rubbish--/b/ memes, /a/ topics and posting styles, ronery threads, cringeworthy CYOA roleplaying bullshit, etc--had been run out of town by /jp/'s amazing self-moderation and elitism.

So what happened to make everything go wrong? I would blame it on the whole "True NEETs" thing. At first, it was an almost foolproof defense mechanism that was very effective at identifying outsiders and normals and trolling the fuck out of them. In hindsight, though, True NEET was almost certainly the start of the big downturn that began in 2011, since it likely led to a lot of those normals sticking around and doing their best to shitpost /jp/ into oblivion in hopes of getting it deleted. It's telling how much of an effect it had on the board when you consider that even moot, who hated the shit out of /jp/ and pretty much never came here, was familiar with the whole True NEET thing.
>>
>>14308937
>I'm mad because /jp/ was an intelligent, well-spoken community. Now we are not that.
>>14308947 took my response, /jp/ was never really enlightened-triple-Buddhists. And well-spoken? That implies that /jp/ gets around, which it really doesn't, other than creating knock-off communities such as GNFOS to get away from 4chan.

>And no, we are not fucking unique, don't fucking pretend. We are just another board of the declining 4chan, with no standard and nothing to separate us.
>And no, we are not fucking unique

Why don't you take a whirl around the other boards for a second, maybe take a quick browse over /a/, /b/, /v/ boards like that.

After that, if you still think /jp/ is not different from the rest of this site, you're either so bitter you refuse to be positive about /jp/, or delusional.
>>
>>14308962
>Real fucking advancement.
It is, actually. The only thing more irritating than a retard is a retard who's pretending he knows more than you.
>>
>>14308965
>Prove it, retard.
The volume of japanese spoken inside the community, the amount of translation, the criticism against japanese reviews (that are not translated) show that olden /jp/ really shows signs of knowing shit more than new /jp/.

>If you're speaking broken Japanese you don't know Japanese and are just wasting everyone's fucking time trying to sound like you know shit.
Yeah, now everyone is really honest in not knowing shit, and doesn't really try to improve either.

>VN general discusses nothing but untranslated games. They do it in English. Go bitch at them and tell them they're doing it wrong. In Japanese, so you can feel like you're important.
Eroge and nukige generals are exceptions to the rule, as I have said in the above posts.

Look at the VN threads that aren't them and witness the EOP nightmare.
>>
You're the faggots responsible for ironic shitposting, the most obnoxious form of senseless garbage in the past five years on this site. Sleep in the bed you made.

t. /v/
>>
>>14308972
>And well-spoken? That implies that /jp/ gets around, which it really doesn't, other than creating knock-off communities such as GNFOS to get away from 4chan.
I don't know what well-spoken means to you, but it means you know how to fucking talk, punctuate and use grammar.
>Why don't you take a whirl around the other boards for a second, maybe take a quick browse over /a/, /b/, /v/ boards like that.
I take a quick look over /a/ and /v/, and no, we are not better than them.
We do greentext, we use other board' memes (since /jp/ can't come up with their own anymore) and we speak no differently from them.
>>
>>14308989
>The volume of japanese spoken inside the community
Japanese spoken inside a community is a sign of people learning. You don't need to practice the language with retards once you know it.

>the amount of translation
I've told you exactly why this sin't the case anymore.

>the criticism against japanese reviews
Where? When?

>Yeah, now everyone is really honest in not knowing shit, and doesn't really try to improve either.
People don't try to improve anymore because /jp/'s hostility went way off the deep end of building people up with constructive criticism and into telling people to fuck off for the fun of it.

>Eroge and nukige generals are exceptions to the rule, as I have said in the above posts.
You said they should be doing it in Japanese.

>Look at the VN threads that aren't them and witness the EOP nightmare.
You mean the Visual Novel Translation Thread has people in it waiting for translations? Holy shit. Mind fucking blown.

Face it, you're some sort of idiot who was taken in by /jp/'s pretentions to be nothing but 4chan's finest who all knew fluent Japanese and everything there was to know about all things otaku. It was never true. People just pretended it was, and morons like you who mistake showing off for real knowledge were taken in hook line and sinker. Give up the ghost already.
>>
>>14308998
>I don't know what well-spoken means to you, but it means you know how to fucking talk, punctuate and use grammar.

Ok, well, my mistake I guess, but

>I take a quick look over /a/ and /v/, and no, we are not better than them.
>We do greentext
Not nearly as much as the others do, as said before, and it is still looked down on by the vast majority of /jp/sies

>we use other board' memes (since /jp/ can't come up with their own anymore) and we speak no differently from them.

This is completely false, so let me reiterate what I said before
>After that, if you still think /jp/ is not different from the rest of this site, you're either so bitter you refuse to be positive about /jp/, or delusional.

kuso thread, I'm done
>>
>>14308830
>No oneknow fucking japanese anymore.
No one ever knew Japanese.
Also, the greater-than symbol has been used as a quotation symbol for a long time. Stop pretending it isn't useful for quotation.
And fun fact about greentexts that aren't quoting anyone: in the Japanese language, quoting yourself is common for some particles.
>>
>>14309001
The sign of people learning means there are people who know or at least want to know.

No one wants to learn means nobody fucking knows, even goddamn 2ch has japs trying to speak broken English.
>Where? When?
If there is still an archive, look up EGS in general, you will find people quoting their reviews and telling you how exactly they are faulty.
>People don't try to improve anymore because /jp/'s hostility went way off the deep end of building people up with constructive criticism and into telling people to fuck off for the fun of it.
Yeah, because /jp/ scares people away from wanting to learn japanese, please, it's simple that the oldies just leave and the newfags just don't want to spend the effort.
>You said they should be doing it in Japanese.
They could and they did, now they don't do it anymore or rarely do it.
>You mean the Visual Novel Translation Thread has people in it waiting for translations? Holy shit. Mind fucking blown.
I said, every VN threads except the eroge and nukige generals, basically everything else, not just VNTS.
>Face it, you're some sort of idiot who was taken in by /jp/'s pretentions to be nothing but 4chan's finest who all knew fluent Japanese and everything there was to know about all things otaku. It was never true.
I never pretended /jp/ to be elite japanese speakers, I'm just saying /jp/ was better than this.
>>
jp was this
jp was that
who the fuck cares?
make /2D/ - ironic shitposting

shitposters leave generals alone
generals no longer in shitposters line of sight
>>
>>14309023
Search "desu senpai" if you really want to see much kuso is on fucking /jp/ and how fucking unique /jp/ is.
>>
>>14309038
God, we got a wordfilter for them now?
>>
>>14309029
>The sign of people learning means there are people who know or at least want to know.
>Yeah, because /jp/ scares people away from wanting to learn japanese, please, it's simple that the oldies just leave and the newfags just don't want to spend the effort.
/jp/ has redirected people in the learning phase to DJT and /vg/'s /vn/ for years now. Mention you use a text hooker and you'll get raped in no seconds flat. They are pretty much flat-out not welcome here anymore.

>If there is still an archive, look up EGS in general, you will find people quoting their reviews and telling you how exactly they are faulty.
So they read and discussed Japanese in visual novel threads then and now, so I have no idea how this is supposed to prove your point. I can't believe you profess to know the slightest shit about /jp/ without even knowing if there's an archive.

>They could and they did, now they don't do it anymore or rarely do it.
You literally said they "should be conversing in Japanese." They're not. So, are they doing it wrong, or what?

>I'm just saying /jp/ was better than this.
And I'm telling you that you're 100% full of shit if you don't think upwards of 90% of the people discussing Umineko, TYPE-MOON, and Touhou stories weren't doing it based on translations.
>>
>>14309032
Shitposters RUN the fucking VNTS threads.

Actually spamming their own memes that even they don't find funny like "Apparently, Aroduc is jacking off".
>>
>>14309045
1. The attitude, /jp/'s hostility might scare off the newfags and shit, but considering it's just strangers on the internet, if the newfags are scared of these strangers telling them to give up or fuck off, they have no motivation to begin with.
2. They discussed japanese reviews and IN japanese MORE than now, that's my point. There's no sure-sign of knowing a language more than actually speaking it.
3. Yes, I believe the ideal step of eroge general is becoming a fully japanese thread to: 1. Encourage people to read and speak jap; 2. Scare off shitposters and EOPs.

4. Nigger, some of the Umineko and Type-Moon and Touhou people on /jp/ WERE actively participating in translation, they are not doing that now, they are just consuming/taking.
>>
>>14309176
>they have no motivation to begin with.
No shit.

>There's no sure-sign of knowing a language more than actually speaking it.
It's almost like people are here to discuss subjects with each other instead of show off how big their Japanese penis is.

>3. Yes, I believe the ideal step of eroge general is becoming a fully japanese thread to: 1. Encourage people to read and speak jap; 2. Scare off shitposters and EOPs.
Thank god nobody in VN general gives half a shit what you think.

>4. Nigger, some of the Umineko and Type-Moon and Touhou people on /jp/
Yes. Two or three of them, which is not even even 1% of /jp/. The vast majority of everybody sat around waiting for Witch Hunt.

It is 100%, undoubtedly, certainly true that less people are translating on /jp/ than ever before. This is entirely different from people not knowing Japanese.
>>
>>14309176
>Yes, I believe the ideal step of eroge general is becoming a fully japanese thread to: 1. Encourage people to read and speak jap; 2. Scare off shitposters and EOPs.
This "ideal step" already exists though, you know, on bbspink. People don't need encouragement to read and speak Japanese because there's already an outlet for them if they want to do that. Which leaves the "scares away shitposters and EOPs" part. Apparently you're more concerned with being superior to others than actually discussing the topic.
>>
>>14309201
The point is with a high volume of japanese translators, you can make a connection that there is a volume of japanese speakers.

Nowadays, you have no proofs to prove /jp/ knows japanese. In fact, I don't think the current /jp/ knows jap as much all.

You might think speaking japanese is showing e-penis, but if you really do know jap and you are discussing japanese subjects, what are you afraid of?
>>14309269
That's called elitism my dear, and it helps with the discussion.

Instead of actually discussing on translation, we just move onto the bigger things like discussing the contents themselves. Imagine if at least 75% of /jp/ know japanese, VNTS would be a fucking ghost town.
>>
>>14309050
This. Also, it seemed to have picked up a couple retarded tumblr users -- people who think games such as Gone Home are good.
>>
>>14308830
The problem with /jp/ is that in spite of having dedicated boards to dedicated subjects, /c/, /w/ and even [s4s] material are actively posted here
>>
>>14308830
S-sorry for being a baka gaijin whose mother tongue isn't English.
>>
just came in here to say that general threads are fucking STUPID and need to get the fuck out.
>>
>>14309348
It's not a good excuse because English is really fucking easy to learn.

I'm no English native either, just make simple phrases and use simple grammar and don't forget to capitalize and punctuate.

Having respect for language and grammar makes you look respectable.
>>
>>14309321
>The point is with a high volume of japanese translators, you can make a connection that there is a volume of japanese speakers.
Yes, and if we all posted pictures of our own dicks, you could conclude that the board had a lot of males in it. But even if we don't show off our dicks on the internet it's very easy to infer that /jp/ is a total sausage festival. Whether or not people go out of their way to prove something doesn't affect whether it's true.

>Nowadays, you have no proofs to prove /jp/ knows japanese.
Nobody has anything to prove to you; nobody needs to show off to you. The proof is all fucking around you anyway, because you can watch people discuss untranslated shit and post images containing untranslated Japanese.

>what are you afraid of?
Well, for one, my English is way better than my Japanese, but even setting that aside, it's a fucking English imageboard. Would you visit a Japanese imageboard where most of the people don't speak English, and post in English? Of course you wouldn't. It'd be fucking retarded.

>That's called elitism my dear, and it helps with the discussion.
It hasn't helped one fucking bit in the last three years and it's not going to help in the future.

>we just move onto the bigger things like discussing the contents themselves.
If you want people to discuss content discuss fucking content. Right now we're all here talking about retarded shit with you. Open a Japanese-only VN thread if you want, see how many people join you in your little circlejerk festival (as opposed to visiting a board that's actually good for said discussion).
>>
>>14309367
I'm a native English speaker but I have to agree that English is kinda messed up to learn due to it absorbing all sorts of other languages. Pronunciation especially hard for people but they have fun learning from watching entertainment for which there is plenty.
>>
>>14309385
M8, you have no point with that showing dicks shit, I have no idea how vaginas browse /jp/ but I know and can prove /jp/ has more males simply for the posting style, vaginas ssimply don't post and write like we do.

Regarding the English imageboard bit, it's true and I do share that sentiments BUT as said, it's ideal that we make the transition, if we can become the japanese-speaking on this site, we might truly be, unique.

And elitism fucking helped /jp/, we are our own gated community and we had our own culture, our own relevance. It is lost now, we are just another board.

And anyway, I'm done with this. Talking with you ain't going to get the board better, it's just going to waste my time and makes me angry.
>>
>>14309394
English is nothing.

Fucking french is way more complicated than English ever is.

Not to mention, even if you speak broken English, people will still understand you, no such thing for more complex languages like french or jap.
>>
>>14308858
4chan was the internet you fucking god damn mongoloid

you're all fucking degenerate retards that think the internet was invented in 2010
>>
>>14309423
Maybe it was.

Nowadays, 4chan is just a part of it. Lost, defanged, or keked or so we say.
>>
>>14309414
>M8, you have no point with that showing dicks shit, I have no idea how vaginas browse /jp/ but I know and can prove /jp/ has more males simply for the posting style, vaginas ssimply don't post and write like we do.
/jp/ posts less dicks than it used to. This doesn't mean it has less males than it used to. I'm sure you can figure out the analogy.

>if we can become the japanese-speaking on this site, we might truly be, unique.
And if we became the first board without retards we'd be fucking amazing, but it's not going to happen.

>And elitism fucking helped /jp/, we are our own gated community and we had our own culture, our own relevance. It is lost now, we are just another board.
Only certain kinds of elitism help. /jp/'s elitism became twisted at some point, and then the board became completely retarded.

Incidentally, all the people who fought in the trenches trying to keep /jp/ not shit gave up long ago, and the only people who care are long-lost clueless visitors like you. It's sad, really.

>And anyway, I'm done with this.
You and everyone else.
>>
>>14309434
For your first and only point, we might have more vaginas than in the past, the posting style of modern /jp/ is say a bit more tumblr-ic.

Or males really want to be vaginas nowadays, I don't know.
>>
>>14309450
>Or males really want to be vaginas nowadays, I don't know.
The number of people who care about putting on airs has gone down.

>only point
Christ you're one sad fucker.
>>
>>14309419
Japanese is hard to read, not really hard to speak. All you need is a couple of えいとs, すいませんs, and じゃねーs.
>>
>>14309461
>The number of people who care about putting on airs has gone down.
I'm sorry?

It's the only debatable point. Everything else is a personal attack

And yes, I'm sad that /jp/ is fucking dead or decayed.
>>
>>14309470
Nah, you don't need to speak at all if you use that point.

Just grab butt, nod head, shake head and point finger.
>>
>>14309471
>Everything else is a personal attack
- /jp/ will never be a Japanese-only board
- elitism does not always help
- you apparently got done fighting for /jp/ after three hours of getting fucking told, which is just sad

All of these are facts.

>And yes, I'm sad that /jp/ is fucking dead or decayed.
Whoop de fucking do, welcome to where everyone else was four years ago.
>>
>>14309481
I'm done "fighting for /jp/" because as deluded and sad as I am, I know that talking with you will solve nothing.

And /jp/ will never be a jap-only board, true, but it can be jap speaker majority.

And elitism might ALWAYS not help, this is common sense, but elitism usually helps, but it just needs a clear guideline and vision.

So you might speak of fact, but these simple facts are not contradictory to mine.
>>
>>14309497
>And elitism might ALWAYS not help, this is common sense, but elitism usually helps, but it just needs a clear guideline and vision.
The wrong kind of elitism brought /jp/ down in flames. Specifically, elitism perpetuated by retards.

See, I simply can't imagine the kind of retard who genuinely thinks that /jp/ knew a lot of Japanese post-split and doesn't know Japanese now, but elitism fronted by said retard is hardly going to be good for anything.
>>
Elitism is why /jp/ is not worse off than other boards.
>>
>>14309507
You have nothing to prove about current /jp/'s japanese skill, buddy.

Nothing to prove at all, and frankly I don't trust your judgment either.
>>
>>14309515
>You have nothing to prove about current /jp/'s japanese skill, buddy.
I have nothing to prove to you because you're a fucking retard. Lurk more. Faggot.
>>
>>14309480
Japanese people don't have butts.
>>
>>14309516
I lurked and continue to lurk.

And that's the conclusion I arrive at: current /jp/ knows less jap than before.
>>
>>14309497
>but it can be jap speaker majority.
No, it can't, it never will be. It's an English imageboard on an English-language site owned and operated in the United States. There are no rules forbidding non-Japanese speakers from posting and even if every Japanese speaker who frequents the jay were to put all their effort into pushing EOPs off the board, they'd just get banned or would have no effect at all other than maybe shitting up a few threads and making some cool new memes in the process. I'm sure every non-EOP has dreamed for at least a few seconds of shoving all the EOPs off the board and bringing the jay into a new golden age, but it's not going to happen. You're simply having your daydream now and you'll wake up to reality before the day ends.
>>
>>14309529
>And that's the conclusion I arrive at: current /jp/ knows less jap than before.
And the conclusion that you've arrived at is full of shit and retarded, because 1. the vast majority of old /jp/ waited for and depended on translations (or text hooker assistance), and 2. more people discuss untranslated VNs than ever before.

Your arguments to the contrary have been dependent on the visibility of named translators and Japanese discussion, which are awful and misleading proxies.
>>
>>14309529
I arrived at the opposite conclusion through the same process.
>>
File: 1388926153669.jpg (255KB, 1127x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1388926153669.jpg
255KB, 1127x1050px
>>14308830
>Where did the older /jp/ go?
They are in a better place now, pic related.
>>
>>14309563
That feel when every poster on /jp/ is a poster not in Gensokyo.
I wish I was there.
>>
>>14309583
ima wa IME ga nai nara romaji shika kakenai

chou hidoi
>>
>>14309540
>1. the vast majority of old /jp/ waited for and depended on translations (or text hooker assistance),
If what you said are true, then this fact hasn't changed.
>2. more people discuss untranslated VNs than ever before.
The eroge general and the nukige general are SHRINKING, we have two fucking VNTS threads and the VN outlier threads are all about translated games.

There's nothing to sustain your claim.

>Your arguments to the contrary have been dependent on the visibility of named translators and Japanese discussion, which are awful and misleading proxies.
It's at least provable, more jap translators = more people who know jap or at least are learning jap.
>>
>>14309607
>The eroge general and the nukige general are SHRINKING
VN general is the same as it's always been. Okay, that's not true, it got slower when it finally kicked all the translated games out. But other than that, no.

>the VN outlier threads are all about translated games.
Which they have been for all of /jp/ history.

>It's at least provable, more jap translators = more people who know jap or at least are learning jap.
Three years ago some ass posted his dick on /jp/ every single day. Now nobody does. That's not proof that the number of dicks has gone down. Just because there are less translators does not mean that there are less Japanese speakers.

In fact your own brand of asshole elitism that wants to kick all EOPs out of /jp/ explains perfectly why: there is no reason for anyone in /jp/ to translate anything anymore.
>>
>>14308848
How fucking RETARDED are you old /jp/ used greentext all the time but you're so fucking new you repeat shitty memes from 2011-2012 /jp/ thinking you're the hot shit
??? It was always a tiny minority
Refer to above

You faggots have been crying about /jp/ being dead for YEARS. Give up this board's culture died a long time ago
>>
File: enjoyee.jpg (471KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
enjoyee.jpg
471KB, 750x750px
i got tired of being the culture police, i mostly ignore dumbness now and i'm way happier for it.
>>
>>14309641
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
>>
File: M9bnBqC.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
M9bnBqC.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>/jp/
>>
>>14309644
just stop resisting and let it take over. you'll always have your memories !!
>>
>>14309614
As said, no concrete proof, only double negative i.e. there's nothing to prove that jap speakers are decreasing.

Well, I'm going to stop now.
>>
>>14309644
If you can't beat them, beat them off.*
>>
File: 1444180822394.jpg (59KB, 542x960px) Image search: [Google]
1444180822394.jpg
59KB, 542x960px
>>14309645
>>
>>14308830
But it's being posting on it right now!
>>
>>14308830
/jp/ has been fearmongered as dead for years and now that it actually died people are wondering what happened
>>
lol internet
>>
File: Internet.gif (87KB, 334x232px) Image search: [Google]
Internet.gif
87KB, 334x232px
>>14312913
>>
>>14312952

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZC67wXUTs
>>
File: cat-the-internet-is.jpg (56KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
cat-the-internet-is.jpg
56KB, 500x373px
>>14312958
>>
File: weevfromlike10billionyearsago.jpg (45KB, 569x599px) Image search: [Google]
weevfromlike10billionyearsago.jpg
45KB, 569x599px
>>14312974
>>
File: srsbsns on teh internets.jpg (66KB, 375x275px) Image search: [Google]
srsbsns on teh internets.jpg
66KB, 375x275px
>>14312995
>>
DUDE META LMAO
>>
Well, I would argue that /jp/ had too many influxes of people from the general site than its content should've warranted. I don't really think the extreme cases of bad posts have increased but the proportion of well spoken and thoughtful posts about topic matters like VN translation and something like gathering Comiket news and material isn't like it once was. The many people that migrated onto the board can't really contribute back to the community because relatively few can speak Japanese and you just see then a bigger proportion of people misusing irony and other frequently used phrases or comments to package them easier for the general internet population as "memes".

If moot didn't feel the need to wage culture wars by giving /jp/ attention that wasn't deserved, /jp/ might have some quality left in it but that fucker only bothered to apologize in passing for ruining this board on his way out. Like that will make up for how much shit /jp/ had to go through with board invasions and population influxes when he purposefully used website policies and speeches to incite it to happen.
>>
Why are you so concerned, there has been a new meta thread on /jp/ at least once a week for years now. Clearly nothing has changed.
>>
>>14319194
As long as people who take metathreads seriously still remain, /jp/ isn't dead.
>>
>>14308830
oh the ironings
>>
>>14319182
/jp/ died at the same time that it's memes died.
>>
>>14319320
delcious ironing, 2M get...
where were you...
>>
nothing has changed
>>
I see a lot of old /jp/ style posting on wizchan, but even though there's a good amount of users and the site is pretty active the atmosphere is too depressing.
>>
u know what they say haha

all good things must come to an end
>>
>>14308892
>Probably because of the new culture that insists that all EOPs are subhuman shitters who only deserve to suffer and die.
They're right.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.