[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Click for more| Home]

Visual Novel translation status 2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 439
Thread images: 24

File: Legend-of-Heroes.jpg (774KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Legend-of-Heroes.jpg
774KB, 1600x1200px
Amagami - 1st day patch Released for PS2/PSP, "1410/2308 original edition scenario scripts translated (61.1%)"
Amairo IsleNauts - prologue and common route fully translated, Shirley route 10% TL, Masaki 18.5% TL, Konoka 55% TL, bonus 20% TL, prologue patch out
Aokana - Common route + 2 character routes translation done
>AstralAir - prologue patch released, 32,907 / 64,574 (50.96%) lines translated
Ayakashi Gohan - 49% complete
>Black Wolves Saga: 62/65 scripts translated, 51/65 scripts edited
Bunny Black 2 - To be translated
Clover Day's - 100% of the common route + 348/711 KB, 119/743 KB, 92/764, 338/846 and 74/722 KB of 5 routes translated
Flight Diary - 14.8% translated
Gore Screaming Show - Prologue and day one patch released
HaraKano - Ayana Seno's route patch released
Haruka Na Sora - Sora 11.29% translated, Kozue 23.73% translated
Hatsukoi 1/1 - 11409 lines translated
Hoka no Onna - 48.68% translated
Irotoridori no Sekai - New project started, prologue mostly translated
>Ken ga Kimi: 115/122 scripts translated, 100/122 scripts edited
Kiminozo - Common route translation complete
>Koichoco - Going through finishing touches
>Koiken Otome - 96.62% translated, 88.90% edited, prologue patch released
Kurukuru Fanatic - 87.5% translated
Lovely Cation- 26% of lines completed
Lover Able - 6.84% translated
Majikoi A-1 - 11.4%
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru - Only project released ch 1-5
Monster girl quest paradox - Being translated, new demo patch for items, skills, and gameplay text, etc
Muv Luv Total Eclipse - 25% translated
>>
>Noble Works - 54,169 / 57,690 (93.9%) lines translated, partial patch released
Oreimo Tsuzuku - 266/268 scripts translated, 196/268 through TLC+Editing, 121/268 scripts finalized
PersonA - 44% translated
Rewrite Harvest Festa - 22583/30040 (75.18%) lines translated
SakuSaku - 100% translated, 31858/49257 (65%) lines finalized
>Starry Sky In Summer - All scripts translated, 171/177 scripts edited
Tasogaredoki no Kyoukaisen - 100% translated and edited, QC and technical work remains
Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road - 12/323 scripts translated
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - 4282/35056 (15.7%) lines translated
>White Album 2 - 10671/35275 (30.25%) lines of closing chapter translated
>Witch's Garden - 40435/67201 (60.17%) lines translated, 2221/67201 (3.31%) edited, prologue patch released
Yosuga no Sora - Translation status is Common route 100%, Sora route 100%, Nao 78.42%, Kazuha 100%, Akira 89.73%, Motoka 32.17%, Common and Kazuha fully edited


Official work

MangaGamer
>KARA NO SHOUJO 2 - RELEASED
Euphoria - demo released, 11/27 release
Free Friends 2 - 100% translated and edited
Higurashi Hou -Onikakushi released, Watanagashi in scripting
Bokuten - 66.5% translated, 30.05% edited
Da Capo 3 - 61.4% translated, 23.47% edited
Gahkthun - 100% translated and edited
OZMAFIA - 89% translated
House in Fata Morgana - 85% translated
Myth - 57.12% translated, 45.8% edited
My Boss Wife is My Ex - 100% translated and edited
Kuroinu - Being released as 3 seperate chapters, 18.13% TL 18.13% edited
Supipara - Ch 1 100% translated and edited
Yurirei - 72% translated, 63% edited
Himawari - TL and editing finished
>Beat Blades Haruka - 79.1% Translated
Umineko - Picked up
Tokyo Babel - 56% translated
Negai no Kakera - Picked up
Princess Evangile W Happiness - Picked up
>>
JAST
Sonicomi - Fully translated, building launcher
Sumaga- Fully translated, in editing
Trample on Schatten- main scenerio 100% translated and edited, extra content 33% done
>Flowers - 100% translated, in editing, preparing to port
Seinarukana- Waiting on LE materials. QA checking.
Django - Waiting on translation.
Sumeragi Ryoko - 100% translated, waiting on test build
Sweet Home - 10% translated


Sekai/Denpa
Fault Milestone 2 - Side Above released, GE still to come
Grisaia trilogy - 2nd title in TL through end of Nov
Clannad - 2 of 3 QC passes done, 4Q 2015 release
WAS - Kickstarter finished, delayed
Atom Grrrl - 100% translated
>Narcissu 3rd - 62.41% translated
>Narcissu 0 - 13.40% translated
WEE 3 - 7.39% translated
Nenokami - 37.79% translated
Kokonoe Kokoro - picked up
>Shizuku no Oto - Released (this is Sound of Drop dude, you can remove it now)
Sacrament Sheep - In Beta
Memory's Dogma - Kickstarter reached goal
G-Senjou - Q4 release
Chrono Clock - Picked up
Root Double - Picked up
Tenshin Ranman - Picked up
Witch Boy - Kickstarter failed
Darekoi - Picked up
Wagamama High Spec - 2016 release
Mayoi Hitsuji no Kajuen - Picked up


Other
>Eiyuu Senki - Nov 12th release
Harmonia - On Steam GL
>Little Busters - Picked up
>Tomoyo After - Picked up
Muv Luv Trilogy - Kickstarter Started
>Read Only Memories - Indiegala bundle
Lucky Dog - Possible iOS released based on the ongoing text only fanTL
Work being done on a fanTL of Shin Koihime with hopes of getting it licensed
Wish Tale of the Sixteenth Night - 2367/10293 (23%) lines translated
Harvest December - 3DS ports being released
Norn9 - November 3rd release
>Undertale - Awesome
>Kyuuketsu Hime no Libra - Kickstarter preview up
>The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki SC - RELEASED!!!
Magical Eyes - Winter release planned
>>
Also, Bob Ross is streaming on Twitch right now. Just in case anyone wasn't aware.
>>
Shiny Days uncensored when?
>>
Oh damn, they're probably going to do Kud Wafter for Steam too, aren't they? I see there is in fact an all ages version, so the groundwork has already been laid, so to speak.
>>
>>14306812
It's not looking good at this rate. I think they're spooked after the Doddler incident. Your best bet is probably just to make your own.
>>
File: gettingpaid.png (95KB, 815x297px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gettingpaid.png
95KB, 815x297px
Mikandi claims they'll be paying their main translators(also multiple translators/multiple tlc passes confirmed) a whopping 4yen a character.

That makes them the best paying company thus far
>>
>>14306858
A lean mean Kickstarter budget.
>>
I dwell amidst the abounding light of heaven.
>>
>>14306840

They're not spooked by anything, they simply never had any intention of releasing a patch in the first place.
>>
>>14306906
They've done a patch for literally everything else. They only became hesitant about this one because the Doddler incident JUST happened.
>>
>>14306837
>Kud Wafter
>all ages version
Why even bother?
>>
>>14306936
>Kud Wafter
>Why even bother?

Fixed
>>
>>14306989
>Kud
>Why?

Fixed.
>>
>buy KnS 2 due to Doddler crying
>buy TiTS SC due to Kotaku article about the guy who claimed he attempted suicide while translating the game
Is this the new effective marketing strat?
>>
>>14306936
I'm sure there's still something to it if they thought it was okay to do an all ages version. And maybe they added to it like they did with the all ages Tomoyo After.
>>
>>14307002
To be fair, it does work very well. And hey, the result is people buying good games. It's all good.
>>
File: th-67-9OU0l.png (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
th-67-9OU0l.png
29KB, 200x200px
Anyone remember how the Mad Duck from Earthbound somehow became a meme here? But I haven't seen it around here for literally years. I have to conclude that means it was just a couple people at most trying to force it, so when they left it stopped.

The first time I played Earthbound was after I saw that duck here, but I had no idea what it was from. So it was quite surprising when I was just playing casually, having a good time and then HOLY SHIT, IT'S THAT DUCK. I probably even created a thread here about it.
>>
>>14306904
Thou art at the gate to the underworld.
>>
File: Really.png (62KB, 961x204px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Really.png
62KB, 961x204px
I don't know if I want to back Libra anymore.
>>
>>14306915
JAST has stated on their forums that the patch is delayed until they finish patching Shiny Days.
>>
>>14307406
DRM can always be removed. Sure it'd be nice for a DRM free release, but with so much other things to get right first it shouldn't be much of a concern.
>>
>>14307496
It's concerning that they're not entirely sure how Steam even works. I've dealt with Steamworks before, but it's not clear if they intend to use their own DRM scheme.
>>
>>14307500
I should add that they didn't even calculate the script size correctly until Doddler pointed it out to them and that they don't seem to understand why their game might not make as much on KS as: Grisaia, Clannad, and Muv Luv. They don't really seem to understand the English market well and their efforts have seemed half-baked so far.
>>
Kotaku already reviewed KnS 2. That was fast
>>
>>14307506
Considering the budget would be already be blown if it was 2.5mil characters, I'm happy giving them the benefit of the doubt about it being a typo. It's also hardly fair to compare to any of those games, all three were very well known/liked prior to their KS.

Libra has to start from being a completely unknown game and localization company. Even if I have no interest in it myself, I hope it succeeds. It'll be a really good sign if the English market can support KS for unknown, full length games.
>>
>>14306840
>>14306906
They are just slow, remember it is JAST. You should expect everything 6 months after their estimate.
>>
>>14307500
It should be mentioned that "how Steam works" isn't even entirely clear unless you've slugged through the Steamworks SDK from top to bottom, which will be challenging for the technically inclined and nearly impossible for anyone else.
>>
>>14307525
They think their kickstarter can be as successful as those kickstarters though, and don't seem to want to understand that those did so well because they were kamige. That is the issue, they need to set their expectations accordingly.
>>
>>14307548
It might be that unless they can raise close to that, it's not really worth their time. Either way, I hope 175k is attainable and not just for games foreign fans consider superb before they've even played them.
>>
So the Muv Luv Kickstarter has earned about as much as every Sekai Project KS combined. These VN Kickstarters will never end now.
>>
>>14306858
Wages and cost of living are higher in Japan, so they cannot pay 1 yen per char and hire native japanese retard.
Hilarious Engrish to be expected (of course not, KS will fail).
>>
>>14306858
> 2 teams, 3 translation passes, no editors, no QA
This is why they should let professional localization companies handle this. They are going to waste money on wrong things.
>>
>>14307556
The issue with Libra is that it's so new that most people don't really have any idea about its quality. There is no real hype behind it. The company behind it hasn't exactly released particularly well-received games either.
>>
>>14307657
They'll slack down once there's too much competition for any of them to get any significant amounts. Basically, the most noteworthy vn at the time wins.
>>
>>14307706
Feel free to critique them on their prefundia page.
http://prefundia.com/projects/view/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-bishoujo-game-english-version/6962/
>>
>>14307715
Its doing terribly in Japan too. 183th place on amazon sales ranking, losing to many several months old games. 4 votes on EGS. Dead thread on 2ch. No mentions on twitter aside from official accounts.
>>
>>14307715
The bigger issue is that it's a no name generic game from a no name company with a reputation for sub mediocrity. There is absolutely nothing potentially promising about it. It's just an attempt to hop of a train.
>>
>>14307002
F*ck you Anon. Doddler is OG as it gets.Show him some respect peb
>>
>>14307002
New? How do you think Depression Quest, Gone Home, and all that bullshit indy crap sells?
>>
>>14307522
https://archive.is/nJJCL
>>
So Sekai Project butchered G-Senjou by cropping all of the CGs in 16:9. I guess that Steam audience can't stand 4:3....
>>
>>14308011
It's actually a pretty good review. Is that the only significant coverage the game has gotten so far? Not even Siliconera mentioned its release even though they've done 10 news articles about the Muv Luv kickstarter
>>
>>14307922
>not playing depression quest every day when you get out of bed in the morning
>>
Its amusing how kotaku of all things is only gaming site not refusing to review 18+ games for stupid bigot reasons.
>>
>>14307922
what happened with Gone Home
>>
>>14308014
And they're trying to cover it up by deleting any threads or posts on the Steam forum talking about the cropped CGs.
>>
Wondering where did all these kickstarter monies go at Sekai? Developing own version of git&notepad+, of course.
>>
>>14308173
Cudder? Are you back?
>>
>>14308173
>translation memory

They're using VNR, aren't they?
>>
>>14307706
Given the first pass is done in 'teams of two' with one being paid about double the other person, I think it's safe to say that the second person in that scenario is the editor, even if it isn't explicitly stated.
>>
Apparently Aroduc's translating Izumo 3.
>>
>>14308139
black bars vs cropping vs stretching vs just keeping it 4:3

honestly they should've just kept it 4:3
>>
>>14308011
>Eisenbeis

Fuck. Well, it's good that it got some attention though, this is key to its success. MG got all depressed about Cartagra but it didn't get any fucking coverage, it's not a surprise that it didn't sell.

>>14308020
>Not even Siliconera

Siliconera is not a special site in terms of coverage. They act like they're about "the unseen side of gaming" but Gematsu and Destructoid both cover what they cover and then some. Plus their articles and layout both fucking suck. Don't know why this site gets so much attention.
>>
>>14307922
Well, Gone Home sold by being an actual good game.
>>
>>14308398
Siliconera gets traffic and posts more news articles than Gematsu and Destructoid. My point was that they already have 10 news posts about the Muv Luv KS, they've talked plenty about VN localizations, and yet there's nothing there about KnS 2's release.

I don't have a problem with them when they actually are able to get interviews with Japanese devs.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/30/koki-yoshimune-on-making-muv-luv-characters-lovable/

Other news sites don't do this, aside from fucking Kotaku.
>>
Doug, if you're here, I just want to let you know that based on your avatar you have pretty great taste.
>>
>>14308407
That's because Siliconera's biased as fuck and probably getting paid off on top of that.
>>
I know this is VNTS2, but I just realized, shouldn't this week's VNTS1 have had Zero Time Dilemma? Hopefully they remember that in the next one.
>>
Seriously, what the hell is a cryfap?
>>
>>14308484
Exactly how it sounds.
>>
>>14308508
Then I don't get why someone is saying Doddler should do that to advertise KnS.
>>
File: CRsTTlQWIAAKB1O.png (2MB, 1194x721px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CRsTTlQWIAAKB1O.png
2MB, 1194x721px
>>14308418
Also, thank you Doug for leading me to this gem.
>>
>>14308406
It was enjoyable until it I realized I wasn't gonna have to fight an evil ghost uncle.
>>
I can't believe there are 4channers who say Gone Home is good.

/jp/ is fucking dead.
>>
>>14308301
He's nearly finished a game and nobody has any idea what it is.
>>
>>14308678

It's Baldr Sky, duh.
>>
>>14308727
Baldr Sky is fully hacked.
>>
>>14308676
Then fucking leave.
>>
>>14308727
>>14308987
In all seriousness, I think it may actually be Baldr Force. He's made it no secret that he really wants to do it, and all things considered, it makes sense.
>>
>>14307522
>>14308011

And KnS2 is back to the number one spot again. Kouryuu putting his cocksucking skills to good use. Sometimes you just gotta take one for the team.
>>
>>14309130
I wouldn't mind sucking Kouryuu's cock to be quite honest.
>>
>>14309030
He's said it's not.

>And in case anybody was curious, yes, it is something I have contemplated working on since decent tools exist and I wouldn’t need a hacker. Moreso recently than in the past because the only actual progress made on any actual hacking I’ve needed done since, uh… mid 2014… was “I showed up.” The problem, however, is that like DS, it doesn’t run well on modern systems, to put it very mildly. Even gets upset when you try to window it with things like dxwnd, so it’d… be as much of a mess, and people already didn’t care at all about DS to begin with. Not right now though. Not next. Not the one after that. Most likely not the one after that either (although at least two of those are very short). But maybe some day, if for no other reason than to undercut Sky. Spite can be a decent motivator and without all the chaff, the game’s not tremendously long, although a real project would get the same treatment as Duel Savior with pulling in the best content from all dozen releases…
>>
>>14309203
If you can suck a thumb, you can suck Kouryuu's cock.
>>
>>14309211
B...but a thumb isn't very big?
>>
File: badgirl.jpg (269KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
badgirl.jpg
269KB, 640x480px
>>14309207
He has strange taste in little girls underwear.
>>
>>14308676
/jp/ hates /v/ so much that they'll like anything /v/ hates out of spite.
>>
>>14308676

If you think all of two people on /jp/ liking a shitty game is enough to kill the board, wait till you see the rest of the internet.
>>
http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/12124-sekai-project-cropped-g-senjou-no-maou-cgs/
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/3rds22/gsenjou_no_maou_steam_version_169_cgs_are_cropped/
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927445&page=97

Shitting on sekai project is going mainstream.
>>
>>14309239
This goes for the rest of the site as well. /v/ is a fucking tumor.
>>
>>14309366
It's kind of making VN fans look bad when they sperg out like that.
>>
>>14309372
If you go on any translation status thread on /jp/ VN fans look bad.

Its worth to look bad if it'll make sekai project look bad.
>>
>>14309372

A fanbase of a niche medium acting like autists?

Wow, say it ain't so!
>>
>>14309366
Meanwhile people threw 1.2 million at a kickstarter with one of the specific intents being to get the double cropped version of Muv-Luv.
>>
Don't worry about the CGs guys, for extra 20$, you will be able to unlock the 4:3 resolution.
If you also buy the voices for 20$, the CGs will only cost 10$.

Happy reading!

-Sekai Project
>>
>>14309372
Sekai Project is making their own bed with their amateurish community management. Not that it's anything new. No shit people will get mad when you go and to delete/close any thread talking about this.
>>
>>14309488
Yeah, I can't believe anyone would actually try to paint VN fans as the idiots here. OUTRIGHT DELETING forum posts just because they're bringing up a difficult issue is FUCKING STUPID and a BITCH MOVE. Nobody who has any idea how to run a company would ever think this is a good idea.
>>
>>14309714
No, it's fine. Like Dovac's said, visual novel fans who care about visual novels aren't his audience.
>>
>>14309714
Is it really a surprise that a company run by Dovac acts like a bunch of fan translators instead of a real professional enterprise?
>>
>>14309741
Kind of, yes, considering they have next to no fan translators on staff.
>>
>>14309741
>>14309748
Yeah, Dovac was never even a fan translator himself. He's kind of like...if Moogy was even worse than Moogy already is and also ran a company.
>>
>>14309763
And also didn't know Japanese and was lowest common denominator instead of pretentious hipster.
>>
>>14309714
- So apparently the person who started that thread had started similar threads before, and was told that we (SP) was asking for permission to speak about the development decisions of the game, since that is handled in Japan and not by us. Meaning we didn't make the resolution decision.

-Making another thread, someone just got tired of it and decided it would be a good idea to delete the thread (which it is not, discussions should be free and open). When the thread was deleted, the OP began to copy paste his posts into other threads and these were deleted as well,

-Most of us were unaware, and this just spiraled into silliness. The explanation is simply that this decision wasn't ours to make (CG cropping), but we actually been investigating if we can offer something in the future. That's all that was needed to be said.
>>
>>14309771
I did say "even worse than Moogy already is." That's how you make Moogy worse.
>>
>>14309853
Fair enough, although I'd say they're both a pretty terrible kind of bad.
>>
>>14309858
I would agree.
>>
>>14309798
Sounds like a coverup for Dovac being a cunt, since he was the one to do the deleting and banning.

Also, what is even up with that guy's avatar?
>>
>>14309858
What's wrong with moogy?
aside from subahibi related ordeals.
>>
>>14309889
He's a pretentious hipster asshole who has literally said "everything popular is bad," not to mention a number of other ridiculous things to try to justify his opinions that don't stand up to any kind of scrutiny, not to mention when talking about why things are supposedly good, speaks only in vague, empty buzzwords, usually in some flavor of how X writes the same things as everyone else, but he does them RIGHT because he's just so good at writing and making writing good. He's also basically the originator of "once it's translated it becomes shit" meme, because that is an actual thing that he believes.
>>
>>14309889
Nothing really, aside from very exaggerated opinions and his custom of overhyping whatever he reads and shitting on it several months later. "Senshinkan is best thing ever, Masada is genius. {2 months passed} Senshinkan was so bad, eroge is dying." You can't take serious anything he says about quality of any particular VN.
But real problem is his drones, who take everything he says as gospel and then keep preaching it everywhere.
>>
>>14309904
>>14309918
He also has the standard bullshit anime fan fanatic belief that if you liked one thing an author did, then literally everything that author ever produced is the best thing ever, beyond all reproach, and all other authors are nothing but talentless hacks.
>>
>>14309929
A good example of this how he ignores all other anime but watched fucking Charlotte of all things last season for some reason.
>>
>>14309950
It had a promising start, although the premise was absolutely retarded in the first place.
>>
>>14309950
He watched it because it was hilariously bad. You don't seriously believe he likes Maeda, do you? Because he fucking hates him.
>>
>>14309956
So he has time to waste watching bad anime instead of actual good anime just so he can look down his nose at it like the pretentious fuck he is.
>>
>>14309956
Personally I love Maeda (but I can admit something went wrong with Charlotte) so it was very annoying to see him using Charlotte as an excuse to pompously shit on Maeda.
>>
http://prefundia.com/projects/view/libra-of-the-vampire-princess-bishoujo-game-english-version/6962/

I'm not sure which I should be more shocked by, the amount of actual good advice they're getting from people on this(which press outlets to target, when to time the campaign for most backers, how to not get delisted for 18+ content, etc) or that they didn't do most of this homework before getting ready to launch a 100+ thousand dollar kickstarter.
>>
Discussion about the cropped CGs in G-Senjou are not allowed on its discussion forum.
>>
>>14309956
Except he religiously watches and plays everything Maeda's involved in.
>>
>>14309918
"X is dying" idiots are literally the worst people.
>>
>>14309983
Agreed. I so wish they would just fuck off and go read some different medium instead whining about "dying" forever but not leaving.
>>
>>14309977
I don't think he ever played CLANNAD, AIR or LB.
>>
>>14309983
He declared eroge as dead just two weeks ago, and then the game he's been hyping himself up over as unrankable by human systems because the writing was too transcendent.
>>
>>14309995
You guys realize that you're just giving them more power by hating them and talking about it?
>>
>>14309972
What will be more shocking is if they actually follow that advice. I would be amazed. So I wouldn't get too excited unless something like that happens.
>>
>>14310003
Did he seriously describe something as transcendent? I don't even look at his tweets but I can still smell his fedora.
>>
>>14310015
Right, like they actually get any "power" out of this. Calling an idiot an idiot doesn't empower them or anything, it just makes them look like an idiot. Besides, they're such grouchy people that they're too focused on hating the thing they're bitching about to even notice.

Really, I've seen people claim something is dying or dead so many times and then years later it's still around and I feel like it's just fine. These people are fucking mental.
>>
>>14310030
>Scaji is definitely a visionary figure to me, the fact that he made this game in today's industry alone is mindblowing and worthy of praise.

>The sheer scale of the story and the grandness of its ideas place Sakura no Uta somewhere that is very far removed from most of what has been released in the past five years.

>it just feels like SakuUta is on a totally different level from almost every eroge released in the modern era to me
>>
>>14310056
Funny thing, he says this about every hyped VN he reads. In few months, he will post same thing about Romeo's Koya.
>>
>>14310056
That's basically all he says about it. It's good because it's just so much better than everything else, and there is nothing that can even hope to compare to it. Why? Fuck you, that's why.

Here's a fun game, replace "Sakura no Uta" with "Senran Kagura."
>>
File: efefe.png (109KB, 1581x502px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
efefe.png
109KB, 1581x502px
This is hilarious
>>
>>14310073
I wouldn't count Commie as a plus.
>>
Whatever anyone says about it, Sakura no Uta is amazing.
>>
>>14310067
That's funny, before I read your post I was just about to do a word replacement of my own. He really did say absolutely fucking nothing. Which begs the question of whether he actually read it in the first place, because you'd think he'd actually have something meaningful to say if he did.

(For the record I actually can get pretty specific about what makes Trails in the Sky so special compared to other JRPGs. I'm not sure he can.)
>>
>>14310073
That whole post is hilarious. He's tongue is so deep into dovacs anus that "all the way" tag is applicable, yet he's trying to claim "objectivity".
Truly, KS makes for best sectarian slaves AND brings you money.
>>
>>14310048
They get a rise out of it when they're discussed. They're e-celebs. Look, there's over 30 posts here about moogy.
>>
>>14310073
Does this moron even know what the word excuse means?
>>
>>14310103
It's always the fucking ESLs that defend SP.
>>
>>14310092
To be fair, Senran Kagura is also a pretty impressive accomplishment in the world of video games.
>>
>>14310122
I don't know. I just don't want a game I like and can easily call amazing being disliked because English VN community is full of people that go autistic because of e-celebs.

Remember -
“Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.”
>>
>>14310122
The bigger are boobs, the more impressive?
>>
>>14310144
Tits are life, ass is hometown.
>>
>>14310185
Truer words have never been spoken.
>>
>>14310138
Then perhaps Moogy should learn to man schweigen.
>>
>>14310194
Maybe you shouldn't get autistic just because he likes a game. What does it matter to you? It's not like you'll ever read it anyway.
>>
>>14310202
It matters because he hasn't actually played it and he's just saying a bunch of vague shit to look cool. I don't want some idiot who shouldn't be talking about a game to be talking about a game.

It would be okay if someone who actually read it praised it because they'd be able to explain why it's good.
>>
>>14310202
>Maybe you shouldn't get autistic just because he likes a game

If you're posting in this thread, it's already too late for that
>>
File: sa.jpg (968KB, 2013x1417px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sa.jpg
968KB, 2013x1417px
>>14310212
>It would be okay if someone who actually read it praised it because they'd be able to explain why it's good.

Like me? I'm only halway through and I can tell you it's good. The text flows well, Sca-ji knows how to make you sympathize with characters, knows how to set the stage for philosophizing without making it seem forced, that's all true. And it only gets better from now on, Japanese reviews sas so and I have no problem trusting those. Makoto's route was mediocre, that's true too. Asou Ei is no Sca-ji.
>>
>>14310239
Same no-meaning words. See, you can replace "Sca-ji" in your post with any other word, and meaning wouldn't change at all.
>>
>>14310249
Oh course it would. Most writers aren't as good as him.

I don't really what kind of praise would be valid in your eyes then.

More and more you seem like the most annoying faggot out there. Unable to accept that a good VN exists and that it's out of your reach.
>>
>>14310249
You can say that about any review of the game unless they write a treatise on it
>>
>>14310266
Or you could explain specifics instead of speaking entirely in generalities.
>>
>>14310265
> The text flows well, Romeo knows how to make you sympathize with characters, knows how to set the stage for philosophizing without making it seem forced, that's all true. And it only gets better from now on, Japanese reviews sas so and I have no problem trusting those.
> The text flows well, Masada knows how to make you sympathize with characters, knows how to set the stage for philosophizing without making it seem forced, that's all true. And it only gets better from now on, Japanese reviews sas so and I have no problem trusting those.
> The text flows well, Maruto knows how to make you sympathize with characters, knows how to set the stage for philosophizing without making it seem forced, that's all true. And it only gets better from now on, Japanese reviews sas so and I have no problem trusting those.
See? And its exactly what people like you said about these authors, so I'm not even making up things.
>>
>>14310277
Not him, but I did explain the specifics here >>14310239

How detailed detailed does it have to be? "text flows well" isn't enough for you? Okay, the text flows well because Sca-ji avoids the typical pitfall of eroge writers.

Since eroge writers are paid per text size (500-2000 yen per kilobyte, like Tanako Romeo explains in Kouya trial), most eroge writers tend to bloat their text. Common way to do it is the duplicity of external narration and characters speech. Narration says something and then the character repeats it. One line essentially used twice.

Sca-ji doesn't do this and that's why his text flows well. Asou Ei does it and that's why the route he wrote is noticeably worse than Sca-ji's routes.

>>14310289
Yes, it's true about Romeo. Not about Masada though. When he philosophizes, he makes it as forced as possible, to play up the grandiose-ness of it all. Maruto doesn't philosophize in the same sense like those others.

Now slap yourself you annoying faggot.
>>
The text flows well, Nasu knows how to make you sympathize with characters, knows how to set the stage for philosophizing without making it seem forced, that's all true.
>>
>>14310239
>Japanese reviews sas so and I have no problem trusting those.

Holy shit, this is a problem in its own way. Though you probably don't realize why.

I think you would be a much better candidate to talk about the game than Moogy since you say you have actually played it, but like the other person has been saying, you utterly fail at conveying your opinion well.
>>
>>14310299
Okay, you've now successfully stated that there's one thing he doesn't do wrong and provided a valid reason why that is wrong in other things.

You're still a far cry from transcendent voice of a generation.
>>
>>14310310
F/SN best eroge ever, truly saviors of the medium. And unlike hipster shit like sakuuta, its actually popular and universally accepted.
>>
>>14310318
>You're still a far cry from transcendent voice of a generation.

Who the fuck wants to be that? I'm just telling you Sakura no Uta is good.

I guess in the end this guy >>14310216 is the most correct. My loss, now please drown yourself in your e-celeb autism.
>>
It's funny how someone can just jump in and take my place in a conversation and nobody notices. I would have said something similar anyway though so I don't mind.
>>
>>14310338
Welcome to 4chan, newbie. That's what being anonymous is. Put on a tripcode if your dick is that shriveled by it.
>>
>>14310338
Are you new to 4chan?
>>
>>14310342
I...said I don't mind and that I found it funny? You must lead a pretty sad life to just immediately jump on my dick like that.
>>
>>14310353
>You must lead a pretty sad life to just immediately jump on my dick like that.
This is pretty low of you.
>>
>>14310299
This is a pretty good example of how to actually show you know what you're talking about instead of just heaping meaningless praise on the writer like Moogy is fond of doing. If only people made posts like this more often instead of the shit they tend to spew.

While we're on the subject, it is pretty fucked up that this is such a common thing in eroge. I have seen it a fair amount myself. I wonder if there are any other writers that can be trusted not to do it.
>>
>>14310357
When someone attacks me in such a pathetic way I don't mind getting on their level. All I was doing was expressing my amusement at a thing I know is common, I didn't pretend it was a new thing on this site. If you were that overly aggressive person, there was absolutely no need for you to flip out about it.
>>
>>14310369
You know, that's exactly the kind of stuff moogy says when talking about scaji, praising his unpretentious philosophy. Just read his ask.fm.
>>
>>14310384
You feel the need to continue attacking in multiple posts a single one liner.

I think your dick is more shriveled by this than you're letting on.
>>
>>14310353
You're right, it is kind of beatiful when such symbiotic conversation occurs. But here we take it for granted.

4chan is beautiful.
>>
File: 1384021932328.png (558KB, 742x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1384021932328.png
558KB, 742x720px
I don't understand why people go on VNTS threads and feel obligated to attack others when they post something that doesn't fit the attacker's view of what is correct.

There's also no reason to respond to attacks since they just result in more irrelevant posts that contribute nothing to the thread.

Instead of insulting and arguing with each other, there should be insults and arguments about how bad moogy and herkz are.
Some aroduc wouldn't be so bad either.
Even though that's also irrelevant most of the time, its more visual novel translation related and more interesting than a personal squabble between -two- anons who might not even be the same initial two.
>>
>>14310426
> why people go on VNTS threads and feel obligated to attack others when they post something that doesn't fit the attacker's view of what is correct
Because this is 4chan.
>>
>>14310386
I'll can add even to that.

In Sakura no Uta it works because its setting is built for it. It takes place mostly in the Yumihari Academy, which is from the start noted to be an elite school with unusually high percentage of genius artists among its alumni.

Main characters are its students, so it doesn't seem weird when they start talking about painting in philosophical way. MC's father was a world-famous painter who taught him many things and MC experienced multiple life-changing moments during his childhood, so it doesn't seem weird that he's thoughtful and knowledgeable about art. Other characters have similar circumstances.

The supernatural elements of the story are properly foreshadowed too. I don't want to spoil it, so I won't say more.

Actually "Has Good Foreshadowing" is one of the most voted tags for Sakura no Uta on EGS. And that foreshadowing is the reason why philosophy in Sakura no Uta is not pretentious. It doesn't just come out of the blue, the setting is built for it and it's foreshadowed.

Maybe Moogy should have specified this and you'd be happy?
>>
>>14310405
>a rolling ball of anger and autism so ridiculous that it becomes self-propelling

Truly, the most modern of modern art
>>
>>14310435
Yes, if Moogy specified actual reasons instead of appealing to his smug innate ability to recognize genius and that everyone should take his word at it, perhaps it would be different.

But then he wouldn't be Moogy, would he?
>>
>>14310426
What did Aroduc ever do to you?
>>
>>14310435
>>14310447
One more thing I forgot to add. Even the quotes that appear in the early parts of Sakura no Uta, qoutations from Miyazawa Kenji and Nakahara Chuuya, have direct connections with the plot, they're not just some random quotes writer threw in cause they seem cool.
>>
>>14310451
He called Akame ga Kill bad anime.
>>
>>14310451
Apparently, hes untranslating baldr sky. He's taking the script that he translated into english into japanese and overwriting the english.
>>
>>14310435
In the end, what's the point of convincing someone in such an ephermeral conversation as a thread on 4chan about why you liked a certain work so much? I think someone can look at the high praise it's getting and decide to just read it for themselves and judge it, instead of goading random people into proving that they can explain what was good about it.
>>
>>14310497
I posted and then explained about it being good, because I don't want people to think it's bad, since it's not.
>>
>>14310497
The thing is that the question of whether or not it's good was never the point. The point is that when you make an appeal to something's greatness and can only explain it in generic terms that could be applied to anything, you come off as an asshat who is trying to cover up a lack of a real opinion by hiding behind weasel words and vagueness. Especially when that's how you talk about goddamned everything. Making a bad argument doesn't mean that you're wrong, but it does often mean that you're nowhere near as intelligent, well-read, and able to express yourself as he obviously considers himself to be.
>>
>>14310506
流石麦信者
>>
>>14310520
How does Moogy come into the equation?
>>
>>14310526
Mugi claimed sakuuta is best thing ever, so his zealots must defend it no matter what.
>>
>>14310540
But I bought it on my own volition after playing the trial. And I liked it also on my own volition. Noone wants to see things they like being talked about in a bad way.
>>
File: beatonotevenbeato.png (717KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
beatonotevenbeato.png
717KB, 1000x1200px
Whether something is good or bad is just based on perspective.

If someone else says something bad about something you like, all you have to do is disagree within your mind.

Sure you can try to force your own views down the others person's throat but most likely, they'll stick to their own view.

So why were there different views? Different tastes. Different levels of appreciation for certain aspects.

Before you bring out the "shit taste", taste is something that is developed. If its developed through watching 100% shounen anime, it'll be different from someone who developed their taste from watching only cute girls doing cute things. In reality, there is only narrow or broad taste.
This is an anime related example but applies to almost everything.

Things that are highly rated often appeal to people with broad as well as narrow tastes, which make ti seem "good".
However, there will still be people who will no matter what, dislike it.
Neither party is correct and everybody is free to have their own interpretations.
>>
>>14310573
No. Wrong. Eat a dick. Fuck your lolopinions bullshit. You are not a special snowflake. If you need a hugbox where nobody expresses a contrary opinion and everyone exists in love and harmony, get the fuck off the internet, you fragile little piece of shit.
>>
>>14310573
>>However, there will still be people who will no matter what, dislike it.
>Neither party is correct and everybody is free to have their own interpretations.
You know, the person hasn't even read the VN. They're criticizing the people praising it, not the VN itself.
>>
File: 1381798745553.jpg (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1381798745553.jpg
95KB, 500x500px
>>14310582
No, wrong? Okay, that is your interpretation. You can think that way or not.
Whether I eat dicks or not is irrelevant. Is your personality one to attack everybody whose views differ from yours? (Thats fine though)
I do not think I am a special snowflake. (You can still think I am one)
You can express contrary opinions all you like. I said nothing about repressing them. They can all exist at the same time.
What does being fragile have to be with being on the internet?

I'm questioning these remarks made by you, but you don't have to change your mind about anything.
We're all free to think what we want about something, including me and that post.
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/app/411390/discussions/0/490124466457026104/
PR representative of that jap-only VN on steam is actually able to communicate in English and seems like decent man. What a surprise.
>>
>>14310653
Well, the Japanese are polite and humble.
>>
>>14310653
>Able to communicate in English
>Releases VN in Japanese instead of translating it himself into English.

Seems like a horrible man. No surprise here.
>>
https://vndb.org/g325

Why have they not translated every single VN with this tag? It is the best thing you can ask for in a story.
>>
>>14310725
>posting on an anonymous imageboard instead of learning nip and translating shit for EOPs all day

You're a horrible-r person, anonymous
>>
>>14310573
>literally posting a render with somebody's watermark on it
>>
>>14310725
Dude, you realize he'd have to license the translation, right?
>>
>>14310742
I'm actually learning nip. (very slowly and badly)
Right now I think i'm pretty good for grammar but my vocab is nonexistant so I'm building it by reading with VNR and trying to just absorb words by their sounds.
I know this is probably a very bad way but
I don't have the time or energy or motivation to do kanji right now.

>>14310750
He could do it for free and release a fan patch english translation.
>>
That feel when someone's Umineko fanfiction is the highest rated VN on both VNDB and EGShit.
>>
>>14310386
My post was responding to the point about text flowing well, but okay.
>>
>>14310754
Learning Japanese without doing kanji is hardly learning Japanese at all.

You'll end up like Fuwa/VNDB heroes that can """read""" anything as long as they're using automatic translation.

That's something best avoided.
>>
>>14310754
>I don't have the time or energy or motivation to do kanji right now.
>He could do it for free and release a fan patch english translation.
>>
>>14310392
You're being a real bitch just because someone pointed out that you're acting like an idiot.
>>
>>14310453
I hope you get hit by a bus someday. God forbid there's more than one person here that has a problem with Aroduc.
>>
>>14310773
Not that guy, but I agree Aroduc has shitty taste. He does decent work, though, so who cares.
>>
>>14310545
It's the same with me and Undertale. It may have gotten super internet popular but I'm praising it because I played it when it came out and genuinely liked it. I'm not following anyone here. It's all me.
>>
>>14310781

Who are /jp/'s favorite translators?
In terms of personality, translation quality, and work ethic / project management

Mines Herkz. for all 5 categories

When I go on these VNTS threads, all I hear are how bad ____ is.
I have no idea who actually does a good job in translations or in the localization fan and professional industry.
>>
When you think about it, herkz is quite possibly one of the worst people ever to be editing Subahibi. If you look at his opinions of stuff on places like Twitter/Reddit and his ask.fm, very obvious social commentary just flies completely over his head. He is the poster boy for taking things at face value and one of the least insightful people I have seen on the internet. And this is the fucker editing Subahibi. I feel sorry for Scaji.

Thankfully, Herkz Editing is basically just "do nothing but take a while doing it so it looks like I'm working." His advantage over the rest of Commie is that he doesn't even bother changing the script, so memes from him are rare - he's just known for them because he defends them like a retard. The original translation is probably safe.
>>
>>14310804
I'm going to assume you were just making a joke with that example since he's not actually a translator.

The best translator is without a doubt Makoto. The problem is, he's been stuck in JAST for years doing absolutely nothing.
>>
>>14310810
>he's been stuck in JAST for years doing absolutely nothing.
He translated Sonikomi.
>>
>>14310804
Koestl or Makoto.
>>
>>14310812
No, Maria did that. He proofread it or something.
>>
>>14310804
Cudder. He would always chill out at /jp/ with us and post something entertaining. I reread his FH tread from time to time, truly gold age of VN translations.
>>
>>14310812

maria translated sonicomi, he tlc'd it
>>
>>14310820
Cudder isn't a translator either.
>>
>>14310818
>>14310821
Well, it's pretty hilarious.
>>
>>14310827
Hilarious that they've got such a glorious translator and he's not being allowed to translate? Not to me.
>>
>>14310835
He's secretly working on Muramasa right?
>>
>>14310837
"Working". Translating one line a month, ETA 3020.
>>
>>14310804
By the way, it's complete bullshit to claim that we only ever talk about how everything is bad. Someone like you comes along every other thread and eats up half the thread with discussion about who's good. And it's always the same answer. It's not new or interesting.
>>
>>14310573
> Before you bring out the "shit taste", taste is something that is developed.
Well, yes. Most people are faceless shapeless 'molds' can be shaped into anything. Their function is just adjust to fit the surroundings, so you are right referring to them. But such people, although great majority, are worthless garbage that can and should be ignored by any decent person. See? But minority of decent people have they own taste, they are following themselves, not the surroundings.
In short simple terms, there are two kinds of people:
1. Shapeless. Formed into anything.
2. Solid. Have they own taste.
Important point is - people are formed once by birth and never change. So shapeless are shapeless forever, and solid ones have the same taste always.
>>
>>14310846
That is so much meaningless drivel that I think Masada wrote this post.
>>
>>14310837
Haha, after Sonico is out he will be work on Sumaga, then Django. Muramasa never.
>>
>>14310857
Oh, we're finally going to see more Nitro+ stuff? Those look fairly decent.
>>
>>14310863
Yeah, Sumaga in 2017 and Django in 2025.
>>
>>14310857
>>14310868
I wish we'd fucking get Django. Then whenever people bitch about Urobuchi I could be like "Here, look at this and shut the fuck up."
>>
You know, Sekai Project actually does have a couple good employees (like whoever translated Machina), but they're completely wasted on that company. It's a shame, they could have been good but then their CEO had to be the most awkward piece of trash ever who has no idea how to run a business. How exactly did this guy end up in that position and not somebody who is actually competent? Am I to believe nobody stepped forward and pointed out he might not be the best one for the job?
>>
>>14310899
What did the guy do before SP?
>>
>>14310906
TLWiki, I think.
>>
>>14310879
Django?

Boktai, solar boy django on GBA? That was a fun game.

Isn't sumaga (scrolled up) fully translated and in editing?

So wouldnt Makoto go onto the next lineup for JAST after sonico?

Speaking of Sonico, is anybody really looking forward to it? Or was it just a waste of time. It kinda seems like a nekopara that would possibly appeal to non vn readers if its going to be cheap.

Regardless It'll be pretty nice if JAST goes for another ntiro+ afterward.
I'm reading the Al Azif route as my first route on Demonbane right now and it's ramping up pretty hard right now compared to the steady beginning-middle.
I can't imagine how the other 2 routes will be.
>>
>>14310930
Demonbane had too much mecha powerup bullshit for me to be interested. Then again I never got the voice patch working which really made the fight scenes less interesting.
>>
>>14310930
>It'll be pretty nice if JAST goes for another ntiro+ afterward.
Hello, World would be nice.
>>
>>14310930
続・殺戮のジャンゴ ─地獄の賞金首─

Also it's unlikely someone cares about Sonico.

Also it's interesting to see how EOP friends interests change. Just few years ago the Nitro+ game everyone desired was Jingai Makyou.

I also remember many people wanting 天使のいない12月 or 水月. Where's that hype?
>>
>>14310939
That's an unrealistic proposition. It's insanely long.

Start learning Japanese now and before it would be translated, you'll be able to read it yourself.
>>
>>14310930
>>14310940
I care about Sonico, because I love her, but I'm probably the only one here. However, I do think it is going to become JAST's Nekopara and sell loads. Sonico is really popular with the more casual anime fans (her anime did really well) so this was pretty much a brilliant move on JAST's part.
>>
>>14310943
It's also really fucking old. Nobody is going to pick up a game older than 2008 at this point.
>>
>>14310948
That's a good point too.
>>
>>14310943
>Start learning Japanese now
Already started.
>>
What's pretty funny to me is that Dovac's big blog post about "Heh, yeah, we were almost broke so we decided to waste even more money and go to Japan. Then we lucked into Planetarian and Clannad. WOO HOO AMERICA!" actually did come back to bite him in the ass, in the end. After seeing what an incompetent piece of shit they were dealing with, Key decided to drop SP completely and start doing their own work. So now we've got Harmonia, Little Busters, Tomoyo After and Angel Beats coming over with no input from Sekai Project. I love this situation. SP gets fucked and the world gets more Key games.

And to think it all started BECAUSE of Sekai Project. I'm glad that company exists, mainly because of all the schadenfreude.
>>
>>14310940
>水月
Second one (弐) on PS3 is brilliant masterpiece. PC port on the other hand is awful piece of shit. Thanks for reminding about the first game.
>>
>>14310965
Why's it a 5.0 on vndb then?
>>
>>14310960

No one announced Angel Beats is coming over.
>>
>>14310969
>why does something have a low score on this website where literally any dumbfuck can create an account and score a game even if they've never played it
>>
>>14310970
Shut the fuck up, kek.
>>
>>14310930
Sumaga is currently a complete mess because it went through so many hands. Makoto intends to fully edit/TLC it before it's released, from what I understand.

As far as Demonbane, Al's route is by far the best, and also the only one translated by Makoto, so the other routes probably aren't worth getting that hyped about, though they're not bad.

>>14310940
>天使のいない12月
That wasn't hype, it was memes.
>>
>>14310979
>Sumaga is currently a complete mess because it went through so many hands.

Like Clannad?
>>
>>14310965
>>14310973
Then why is the second one universally panned on EGS, Amazon Japan and Japanese blogs?
>>
>>14310981
Probably not quite as bad as that. And unfortunately for Clannad, SP doesn't have a Makoto to clean up their shit.
>>
>>14310985
Because people can do the exact same thing on those sites as well.
>>
TIL Chinese Moot finally brought back filters. Praise the sun. I like this guy because he actually fucking does things instead of sitting around being a smug Jew.
>>
Planeterian hit me like a train...
>>
>>14310970
Well if Clannad is a success, people will naturally want to read Little Busters next, which is also getting localized. And because its going from SP -> Anybody except SP, the quality will be higher and it'll seem better. This will generate even more stimulus for an AB localization.

Key already knows that the western VN scene exists, as shown from harmonia. They probably have (false) hope in how big the scene actually is which benefits us.

If you want AB, buy LB!
If you want Rance, buy Haruka!
If you want a future for visual novels, oppose Sekai Project!
>>
>>14311005
You sure are playing through games slowly.
>>
>>14311009
Well, the LB patch was already out there, and it had a genuinely good translation. So that helps too.
>>
>>14311013
It was a very slow-moving train.
>>
Ayakashibito kickstarter when?
>>
>>14311027
Ate the Moon's translator, Ixrec, has stated he already refused any offers to officially release his work.
>>
Why don't we just get rid of the JAST section of VNTLS? So whenever they release something new we all could act shocked by it.
>>
>>14311035
That isn't ixrec...
>>
>>14311057
Whatever, similar name.
>>
>>14311041
Last thing they released was Shiny Days which was on Sep 28. The one before that was Raidy on July 20.
Hanachirisu on 3/10.
Next should be their -delayed- Flowers which still wouldn't be that far from their last release.
Is 1 release every 2-3 months considered slow here?

Now that I think about it, compared to like the numerous releases japan gets like every day, the western market is so tiny.

The moment you can fluidly read japanese, a whole new world is opened. holyshit

Time to start learning now.
>>
Oh shit, I didn't know Akame ga Kill was on Toonami. So that's why people have been freaking out about me liking it and treating it like a casual anime. That also explains how someone's mother was watching it.

Shame, they get some pretty good shows, like that and Parasyte and Space Dandy, but the moment it hits Toonami it becomes casual. And casual anime fans ARE annoying.
>>
>>14311074
Sure, but you have to realize that a ton of those games that are released every day are utter shit, especially because it's so easy to make a VN. Let me look at the latest stuff and see what "masterpieces" Japan has in store.
https://vndb.org/v18408

Mm yeah, so good.

The thing is, if you're not a lamer who only reads VNs and does nothing worthwhile with their life, there's tons of good stuff out there to play in English to the extent that you hardly NEED to learn Japanese. Because you'll be occupied with all the English stuff for a LONG time.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384690/

Boom. Enjoy.
>>
>>14311074
It's not so much the gap between releases (though that is pretty large) but how long they've been squatting on some of these titles.

July 2011 for Seinarukana and Sumaga
July 2012 for Schatten.

The only reason these aren't out yet is incompetence.
>>
>>14311092
I was just reminded only by release times/frequencies.
The real "world" that is opened is for VNs already made but will never get translations or are very unlikely to or will be far in the future.
Example:
OreTsuba is generally viewed as "something that will never be localized" because of how 5pb. owns the all ages.

Learning japanese will also open access to manga, light novels, song lyrics comprehension / all other forms of media that I would possibly be interested in.

If you do learn Japanese and become fluent enough, you could have working for Doddler-sama as a backup occupation if things go wrong in schoo/work.
>>
>>14311100
You should consider that Trample on Schatten took so long because Moogy hadn't yet torpedoed his reputation so they thought they could trust him to translate a visual novel. An understandable mistake at the time, even if we know better now. BDH is still in the middle of translating Schatten though, so progress is actively being made.

The other two I cannot justify.
>>
>>14311119
A big chunk of Oretsuba has actually already been translated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6k92cnbt59po2bs/Oretachi%20ni%20Tsubasa%20wa%20Nai%20part%201%2020150810.docx?dl=0
>>
>>14311111
I want to find out who got quints.
>>
>>14310930
>I'm reading the Al Azif route as my first route on Demonbane right now and it's ramping up pretty hard right now compared to the steady beginning-middle
Al Azif route was fantastic. Also, thank god Makoto translated it because some parts of her route are hard as fuck to translate.
>>
>>14311161
Makoto's lat masterpiece was Kikokugai.
>>
>>14311171
Yeah, I read that recently and the English was amazing. It's too bad not many people have read it, compared to Saya no Uta.
>>
>>14311161
What parts are hard to translate?
>>
>>14311174
People are dumb edgy kids addicted to "yandere" shit so they can't appreciate something truly awesome like Kikokugai.
>>
>>14311171
It's a pity that he working for JAST.
>>
>>14311181
Kikokugai is like a poor man's Muramasa right?
>>
>>14311189
Not even remotely.
>>
>>14311189
No, that's Hanachirasu. Kikokugai is its own thing.
>>
>>14311198
Hanachirasu isn't even poor.
>>
I think desu being brought back is a great thing but now the problem is I can't use it normally without people thinking I'm saying the other thing. Well, I prefer to say dess anyway because it reminds me of the best characters dess.
>>
>>14311177
Demonbane as a whole is hard to translate. It was written by Haganeya Jin.
>>
>>14311310
I'd suggest you rather speak English if you want to be understood.
>>
>>14311375
Dess is English though. It is the word "death."
>>
>>14311370
But why is it hard to translate? What exactly makes it a difficult endeavor?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/visualnovels/comments/3rg7y9/sekai_project_and_rvisualnovels/cwnvo4o
>Due to legal issues, on the advice of our lawyers, we cannot talk about WAS
Very interesting. I suppose there's drama regarding the cost of the voice acting?
>>
>>14311412
WTF does otona no jijou mean?
>>
>>14311423
Literally "adult circumstances". Used in VNs when trying to deceive partner when revealing true reason is undesirable.
>>
>>14311429
That really sounds appropriate for Sekai Project.
>>
>>14310656
A number of the game developer ones aren't though. Keiji Inafune ring any bells?
>>
File: 1446430228549.jpg (173KB, 600x633px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446430228549.jpg
173KB, 600x633px
>make bingo to try and make anime fans look stupid
>but it's nearly impossible to actually achieve a bingo

Anti-weeaboos have got to be some of the dumbest people on the planet.
>>
>>14310899
Is there even a list of their current translators? It's hard to say if any of the good ones are still working there.
>>
>>14311478
No, they are pretty secretive. I don't think they even put translator names in the credits, it's like the old NES days when nobody was credited for anything.
>>
As usual, MG forums delivers one more gem
http://forums.mangagamer.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=744&start=15#p16958
>Pygmalion (or a game with that name at least) has always been one of the more hyped games around /jp/
>>
>>14311496
The name fujifruit sounds really familiar. Is that a well known name here?

Also the post by ChaosRaven is way more annoying than the one you linked. Seriously, this idiot's still going on about that after being shut the fuck down about Himawari? No wonder MangaGamer ignores their piece of shit forum.
>>
>>14311124
That's like, .1% of the total text. It's not a big chunk.
>>
>>14311518
100+ pages is objectively a big chunk of text. It's just that Oretsuba is fucking huge.

Gotta say I like how he writes, too. I hope he keeps doing it.
>>
>>14311515
>fujifruit
Fuji is cafe bitch
>>
>>14311496
lol what
I wouldn't be surprised if the first time the game was mentioned here was when MG announced it.
>>
>>14311465
Literally naming Inafune when Kamiya exists. Kamiya is the biggest dick in Japan.
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/573646418419712000

But as you can see, he too realizes that tits are life and ass is hometown.

Anyway, Inafune does suck though. Even more of a Kickstarter scam artist than fucking Dovac.
>>
>>14311515
> The name fujifruit sounds really familiar. Is that a well known name here?
Yes. He's literally 12-year old, he doesn't know japanese, but keeps ranting about how great 1980/1990 era untranslated vns are, in particular 遺作/臭作.
Also, keeps parroting whatever Katan said (in Cafe's/google translation) and hates Kara no Shoujo because its ripoff of Hako (he didn't read it because he can't, but he heard that from mugi so it can't be wrong). He's basically everything what is wrong with /jp/.
>>
>>14311545
Cafe is MG translator. Fuji is different person.
>>
>>14311548
Yeah nevermind, I'm tired.
>>
>>14311537
Maybe it's because of my jokes that it'll outsell games like Cartagra just by virtue of being on Steam.
>>
>>14311543
I do think I've seen posts about those things before, so I guess I must remember his name being brought up a lot in the past.
>>
File: a.png (2MB, 1337x672px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
a.png
2MB, 1337x672px
働くオトナの恋愛事情

Romantic Circumstaces of Working Adults

One heroine is an university student, one is a musician, one a company worker, one a detective and one a bartender.

Is this the start of a new age?
>>
>>14311541
I almost feel bad for Mighty No. 9 backers.
>>
>>14311537
I had never seen it brought up before, and I've been coming here since 2013 at least. Also, I am largely responsible for turning this thread into a general.

>>14311557
I think if anyone deserves credit it's BDH for apparently really wanting to translate it and saying "Fuck you" to Evolimit as a result. Even though Propeller was in fact offering.
>>
>>14311564
I don't. They should know better than to fall for the Kickstarter scam.
>>
>>14311563
That is really odd that you bring this up right after we discussed otona no jijou.
>>
>>14311569
Yes, that reminded me of it.
>>
>>14311573
Looks pretty good. Too bad Sekai Project has Akabei Soft tied up.
>>
>>14311529
This is the same guy who made a shitload of simple mistakes with Majikoi, inserted lolmemes everywhere, and did things like translated "She was mean to everybody" as "She was a nasty girl."

So...
>>
I notice that the big "review sites" just wait and see what the popular opinion is and then follow the crowd. Eisenbeis is pretty guilty of this.
>>
>>14311577
I wonder what will Akabei throw as Sekai after G-Sen. Their repertoire is rather huge. Maybe they'll go with Yurikago kara Tenshi made, especially if they'll see Mangagamer and Propeller succeed with their chuuniges.
>>
>>14311589
EOP friends don't get to choose and Fuwafaggots will support any kind of shit. I guess too bad for those people who can to read a good version of OreTsuba, but don't want to learn Japanese.
>>
>>14311589
>translated "She was mean to everybody" as "She was a nasty girl."
Was she a nasty girl?
>>
>>14311563
I don't want adults in my eroge. We already have adult movie and shit.
>>
>>14311565
>saying "Fuck you" to Evolimit as a result
Gare and Conjurer will be working on Higashide's games, so it doesn't matter what BDH's working on. He's been translating Fata Morgana, so it's not like they've given him anything popular to work on so far.
>>
>>14311589
>translated "She was mean to everybody" as "She was a nasty girl."

What exactly is the problem with that translation? Explain instead of being a condescending faggot.
>>
>>14311605
Fuck off, adults are moe.
>>
>>14311609
That doesn't even sound like a bad translation to me. The guy must be a fan of literal idiots like Ixrec or something.
>>
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls

You guys heard about this game? It's basically Valkyrie Profile.
>>
>>14311616
Ixrec is certainly a literal idiot, in a few ways.
>>
>>14311609
>Explain instead of being a condescending faggot.

I've always found it funny how 4chan is the only place where you have to put something like this in after asking someone to explain their point.
>>
>>14311619
Except the character designs are fugly.
>>
>>14311609
Synonyms are not freely interchangeable independent of context. Nasty has far different connotations, especially in that usage. A translation should be more than correct on a technical level, especially when it requires reading words in ways that they're very rarely actually used in English, and especially when the obvious, basic translation conveys the information in a much better way.
>>
>>14311660
Can you provide the full context?
>>
>>14311664
It was a narrative description of why other kids didn't like her describing how she was withdrawn and lashed out at everyone.
>>
>>14311619
I might buy it when it's released and on sale for like $3. When I see that an established company (Skullgirls is moderately popular after all) wants to collect 1,5 mio USD to develop a game that is arguably light on graphic and development resources, a lot of warning signs light up in my head. In the end, this means that they don't want to take any risk with this piece of software, which usually indicates they don't really believe the game could succeed.

And honestly, would you back a game like that?
>>
>>14311649
I like them. I also was never a fan of Valkyrie Profile's art style, at least for women. Way too shiny with a bunch of fat cheeks.
>>
>>14311633
Unfortunately people can't help themselves and will be condescending fagots if they are not asked.
>>
>>14311674
The exact line was
>She doesn't talk, and she's gloomy. Nobody knows what she's thinking about, and she's nasty.

Also, while I'm looking at this, it's in a different tense from the previous line. The very next line has grammar errors and a typo, and two lines after that is Engrish.

Fuwanovel editing at its best.
>>
>>14311679
You have a good point. I guess that's why they don't plan to do it if the crowdfunding fails.
>>
No one cared who I was until I put on the mask.

Doing so made me into a social butterfly at my school. A bit of friendly chitchat, a bit of all-rounded interest, and suddenly I've become the popular guy. Wherever I go, people approach me. That includes people I know, and people I don't know who want to meet me. No, seriously. One of them actually put it like that.
Personally I don't mind; it's good for my self-esteem and I genuinely am interested in what's up with them, but it's not me I'm concerned about.

There's this girl, and I suppose what I'm about to say applies to one of her friends too. I like this girl, and she likely likes me too. I've asked her out, we've gone out a few times and we generally have a good time together.
Both girls are very shy. I clicked with the first girl immediately and it took a short while to get the other one to open up to me, but to anyone else they're very aloof, distant and seemingly uncomfortable. I like being around her (and her friend) because I can drop the whole butterfly thing and be chill. At least, that's what I think.

So here's the thing. Around these girls, despite 'taking off the mask', I keep attracting people. They're all loud, overly friendly and very social. I can handle it, but they lock up and clearly don't like all the sudden attention. Every time those people come up, it's me they want to talk to.

I don't really want to be rude and dismiss anyone that comes up, but I don't want to be rude or babying towards these girls either because they don't like the whole social thing. Sooner or later they'll get sick of all the commotion, and by extension sick of me. At least I think they will.

Read through all that? Good job, now here's the question. Is there a way for me to combine both lives? The outgoing, social one with everyone around me and the quiet, comfy one with the girl I like? I don't want to give either up, but I don't want both to start overlapping either.
>>
can anyone recommend a good visual novel to start off with?

It can be anything, crazy or tame, I'm up for it all.
>>
>>14311679
>>14311695
During the time that Skull Girls was actually selling, Konami was busy fucking them over. The 1.5 million figure is an all encompassing figure that covers the costs of employees and the game. It's the number they need to ship everything they want with none of the stretch goal bullshit. If it's not funded, they're more or less fucked according to their lead, Mike Z. Based on how much they've raised and how many days are left, they're probably fucked.
>>
>>14311747
>The 1.5 million figure is an all encompassing figure that covers the costs of employees and the game.
Well yeah, I've come to the same conclusion just adding up some numbers. But this just confirms exactly what I was saying earlier: They aren't taking a single cent of risk for development. Everything is supposed to be funded up front. And if they decide after half a year that they'd rather start over with a different project, nothing is stopping them, because they don't have any obligation to pay back anything. Thus, I'd rather not take a risk as well and stay well clear.
>>
>>14311741
Tsukihime. Pretty much the first good translated visual novel. I think everyone should start with this one and then work from there.
>>
>>14311691
That sounds either like a part of dialogue or subjective narration from the viewpoint of a child. If that's the case, then the word nasty definitely sounds more natural than "she's mean to everybody", or at least that's how children used to speak when I was still a young lad.
>>
>>14311496
That is my post. And I do remember it being hyped back in the past. Logically it was probably around release 2009 and the following year.

But the reason I remember it so well, is because the people discussing it made me interested in the game. If I hadn't been interested, I'd probably have forgotten all about it.

How hyped was it? Obviously not Umineko or Clannad levels, but more like the latest good release. Probably more hyped than Kara no Shoujo 2 though.
>>
>>14311886
Then that really isn't "always". You forget that this board is full of a bunch of fucking newfags and people like you are rare.
>>
>>14311762
Mike Z has explicitly stated that if this doesn't happen, they're done and gone and that this was it. I'm not 100% sure if that means Lab Zero will dissolve completely but that's not a statement you make if you plan on flaking on a project if it gets funded.
>>
>>14311792
Your assumption is completely incorrect.
>>
>>14311577
Like they had Key and Frontwing tied up?
>>
>>14311886
>And I do remember it being hyped back in the past. Logically it was probably around release 2009 and the following year.
You do realize that Pygmalion by Propeller was released in 2013 right?
>>
>>14312049
The 2009 hype must've been for Kitto or the Evolimit demo.
>>
>>14312049
That is why I said I wasn't sure it would be the same game. I covered my back in case I was wrong, which I apparently am.

2009 is the game by Stronger.
>>
>>14308011
Now let's wait for Kotaku to review Euphoria. Shit will quite literally go down
>>
>>14312114
I was under the impression that shit went up in Euphoria.
>>
>>14312129
It goes both ways.
>>
You guys hear someone got frozen to death in a cryo chamber?
>>
>>14312405

cool story bro
>>
>>14311619

I'm amazed this shit gets viralled so much on 4chan when mikez specifically said he doesn't give a shit about 4chan
>>
>>14312655
Someone on gamefaqs boards who's super buttmad about the Muv Luv KS keeps talking about it too, lamenting that people are pledging towards shitty porn games instead of Indivisible. Kind of annoying.
>>
>>14312675
It's not the the people who pledged to Muv Luv would've pledged to that other project anyway.
>>
>>14311563
kurisumasu keeki
>>
What do you guys feel about degica? Through their ks, they've shown that they actually know how to manage their projects and generate interest. They also seem to have strong communication with age. Do you guys think they'll do anything after ML? Their 7k+ backers is essentially already 7k presales and more normal sales will occur afterward. With their results and success, maybe they'll go down egs/vndb and repeat the magic in like 4 months when ML hype settles down. Are there any great titles that are available / not contracted that they can pick up?
>>
>>14311537
I remember the VN general's reaction when it was released being along the lines of "looks nice, too bad it's an all-ages yuri game so no one will ever play it". I don't think I ever saw it mentioned after that.
>>
>>14312846
They're just a middleman publisher. There's some 5pb politics in the background of all of this.
>>
>>14312846
Degica doesn't own much other VNs other than Muv Luv. So I don't know what you're proposing.
>>
>>14312847
Its story is generally considered inferior to Propeller's other games, with the obvious exception of Sougeki no Jaeger.
>>
>>14312846
They'll probably do more age titles.
>>
>>14312847
>"looks nice, too bad it's an all-ages yuri game so no one will ever play it".

The same can be said of Flowers, and that's an incomplete episodic game to boot.
>>
>>14312869
Except KGNE is terrible, total eclipse is crap and schwarzesmarken isn't even out in japan yet. And they don't have a ready fan translation to buy for cheap. What exactly are they gonna offer?
>>
>>14312935
You're talking about an audience that thought a bunch of mostly shitty short sidestories and a bad fan disk was an important stretch goal, selling a TE machine translation in a couple years is free money.
>>
File: canadianpredator.png (27KB, 903x275px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
canadianpredator.png
27KB, 903x275px
So doddles speaks regarding the latest sekai project drama.

I think he's more or less right, but rather than it even being a matter of dismissing criticism or not giving a shit about hardcore fans, I think ultimately SP's current predicament can be boiled back down to dovac intentionally deciding to burn bridges on vndb and reddit.
You don't necessarily have to listen to hardcore fans so much as just pat their heads and tell them that their opinions are appreciated, as by nature of being hardcore fans they're always following the medium and talking about it, whereas casual fans will come and go. If you instead decide to piss them off, you end up with this situation where people who are invested with spending time following a medium now have a reason to spend all day shittalking you. And then if you burn enough bridges beyond that, that slowly starts to become the dominant narrative.

Nowadays dovac's retreated and hired a PR manager and community manager, but the fact that they're busy trying to put out fires that dovac started almost half-a-year ago is pretty telling.
>>
>>14312935
Quality doesn't matter, people will pay money for the brand, especially if they go Kickstarter again. And they'll translate it the same way as they're translating Photon Flowers/Melodies and their codex thing. Cheap translations can be done. What they have is a relationship with Ixtl/age that they can exploit.
>>
>>14313095

That PR guy is even worse than dovac. He goes around on twitter spamming 10+ tweet chains at anyone criticizing the company, calling them spoiled babies and suggesting they're selfish for airing criticism publicly before dropping his e-mail to "discuss it".
>>
>>14312647
Hahahahaha. Literally.
>>
>>14313126
Can I get a link to SP employees besides Dovac doing it? I've only ever seen this nonsense out of Dovac. Is it even that common?
>>
>>14313126
Give me example, Parker. I need a laugh.
>>
>>14313147
>>14313148

twitter's threading is retarded now so just scroll through new pr dude's account and you'll see him making an ass out of himself: https://twitter.com/davidbruno/

it's a different flavor from dovac's usual schtick but it's really not any better
>>
>>14313182
>Mazdaspeed3 enthusiast
Oh god.
>>
>>14313126
>https://twitter.com/davidbruno/
You really weren't exaggerating the spamming he does. And he acts like he's on the side of 18+ games, but calls the content unnecessary.
>>
>>14313282
Kamiya still spams more though.
>>
Still, why the hell did they get a fucking dudebro as the PR guy for SP? He literally looks exactly like the guy from the "bitches don't know" meme.
>>
Everyone remembered the ending of Sunrider Effect 3. Despite promises of all your decisions mattering and an epic boss battle, none of these things were actually present in the final product. Instead, the entire game is a surreal conversation between you and a weird holographic loli, where the only three choices you actually get is the color of the space whale you ride off on before the ending credits roll.
>>
>>14313347
Still a better ending than mass effect 3
>>
>>14313614
Only because loli and space whale are better than ugly male kid and incinerating your body.
>>
File: Clipboard013ref.jpg (107KB, 1286x748px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Clipboard013ref.jpg
107KB, 1286x748px
DODDLERRRRRRR
>>
>>14313768
Oh, I guess that's what his last tweet was probably about.
>>
How mad do you think Steam users will be when they find out about the serious lack of G-strings in G-Senjou? It's English title is bound to draw some attention.
>>
>>14313957
SP should just rename it to B-string
>>
https://twitter.com/DavidBruno/status/662090967030239232

You can get a 'review' key if you run some sort of blog/website that reviews VNs or something like that. This is probably free.

Of course, they'll expect you to write a good review so bruno mars can retweet it.

The reviews themselves don't even have to be much of a review. It can just be some half assed praise with at least 8/10+ ratings.
(Just look at the sound of drop reviews he retweeted)


They're basically buying good reviews.

In G-Senjou's no case, the VN itself is good so there's no problem there, but someone should get a review key and scrutinize for errors and judge the quality of the English writing in a review.
>>
>>14314096
Review keys are extremely standard
Indie devs and AAA releases give them out like candy
>>
>>14313768
LET'S SEE YA GRIT THOSE TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETH! *punches Doddler so hard his hair explodes*
>>
File: CR9d5_1UwAA6Z3h.jpg (394KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CR9d5_1UwAA6Z3h.jpg
394KB, 1920x1080px
The fuck? Her name is Uguu?
>>
>>14314140
Main sprite in screen.
Same sprite but mini in bottom left. Whats the point of that?

Also, why are you posting mune roons in the eop generals thread.
>>
File: 3t5rhhr.jpg (158KB, 1286x748px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3t5rhhr.jpg
158KB, 1286x748px
>>14314152
Why not? More flexibility when other people talk so that not everyone has to be shown at once. I like how it's done in KnS 2
>>
>>14314161
Although, it doesn't show the mini-sprite when the main one is on screen.
>>
>>14314152
Because you see the cute girl's face twice and that makes her twice as cute.
>>
Question about KnS2. Is that Reiji guy still the protagonist? Never played KnS but I saw something about him being voiced by Junichi Suwabe in KnS2 which is awesome because that guy is amazing. But usually protagonists aren't voiced, so is something weird going on?
>>
>>14314194
Yes, protags are voiced and it's great.
>>
>>14314194
Reiji still the protag but a good chunk of the scenes take place from other viewpoints.
>>
Herkz actually cannot handle it if you insult him to his face. He freaks out and doesn't know what to do.
>>
>>14314204
>ecelebs
>>
>>14314161
KnS2 has such a nice font. Some VN fonts are so poorly chosen. People need to realize what they're forcing others to look at for hours on end. Font choice is important as hell for a VN. So I applaud MG for doing so well with it here.
>>
File: fonts2.jpg (190KB, 806x1258px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fonts2.jpg
190KB, 806x1258px
>>14314223
Cartagra was great too. Not KnS 1 though, fucking Arial Black.
>>
Jesus Christ. There's a massive thread on Reddit, made by some SP fanboy, and the entire fucking subreddit is flocking to suck SP's dick and talk about how we wouldn't have all these (already translated VNs) if not for SP.

I fucking hate the fandom.
>>
>>14314244
Stop going to reddit then, retard
>>
>>14314244
That's because people sperged out really hard at SP for something relatively minor, and this is the lashback for it.
>>
>>14314252
>post image of part of a thread
>complain when people check thread
>???
>profit
>>
>>14314223

When it's in-house and we have options we usually spend a fair bit of time discussing font choices. A lot of engines require fixed-width fonts though, so sometimes our options can be pretty limited. The engine Doddler's created has some pretty nice font/text handling though.
>>
>>14314244
Much as I hate the word, these "circlejerks" characterize Reddit pretty well. Few threads from now you're gonna have everyone rushing to shit on Sekai Project at the same time again.
>>
>>14314259
>Go to reddit
>Complain that it's behaving like reddit
>>
>>14314267
I have never once seen them shit on Sekai Project.
>>
>>14314261
What went wrong with KnS1?
>>
>>14314273

I couldn't really comment, I wasn't around for KnS1, but iirc it was not ported in-house so that would probably explain it.
>>
>>14314284
Take it to /vg/, shitboy.
>>
>>14314289
You take it to /vg/. This thread's my stomping ground, kiddo.
>>
>>14314284
All you annoying shills have done is make me resolve to never play your shitty game. Too bad, because at one point I was mildly interested. No longer.
>>
>>14314292
Don't care. Weak-minded, easily influenced people like you don't deserve such a good game.
>>
>>14314140
i'm confused. what's a "gomi" and what does it have to do with society
>>
>>14314303
Gomi means trash. You know how people on tumblr are like "HAHAHA I'M TRASH" all the time? It's kinda like that.
>>
>>14314311
ah ok. romeos new masterpiece
>>
>>14314284
Looks like shit
>>
>>14314377
It is shit.
>>
>>14314271
The reddit system is pretty much built for viral marketing.
>>
>>14314502
Correct. The minority gets downvoted, what's downvoted gets hidden and auto-banned, and the prevailing community there is the same Fuwanovel hugbox that curbstomps anybody who dares say that anything is wrong with any project or any 'translator.'
>>
>>14314536
They even downvote it when someone posts proof of machine translation because that machine translator worked really hard guys, and you need to appreciate them!
>>
>>14314536
Yet there's plenty of posts in that thread that point out what's wrong with SP.
>>
>>14314585
Every single one of them along the lines of "Expecting them to be PERFECT is too much, but they're saving VNs for all mankind."
>>
>>14314623
Sure its annoying that sp circlejerk is so strong (although many of praising posts are from SP employees), but you are surely exaggerating.
>>
>>14314636
I'm not. And don't call me Shirley.
>>
>>14314638
Yes you are. I've looked through that thread, there are no claims of sp being mankind savior.
>>
Nobody's really mentioned the G-senjou release for tomorrow on here.
Oh, is it because everybody already read it because it was already translated?
That makes sense.
Does this mean none of us are going to buy it?
That also makes sense.
>>
>>14315163
Obviously the people here aren't the target audience. They'll still get a few thousand sales on Steam and make some decent money.
>>
>>14315163

I didn't much of it, to be honest. Don't really consider it worth buying. The fact that I'd be giving money to SP is the final nail in the coffin.
>>
>>14315163
If no adult version on G-Senjou is released, I'm not buying it.
I don't care if the game is widescreen now. Under no circunstances I'll give money to encourage the release of only all ages versions of VNs with an adult version on Japan (yes, even if the ero is not plot relevant).
>>
>>14315163
We already read it, steamfags are gonna get their mind blown so hard with it that they'd advertise it even more.
>>
>>14315541
Speaking of minds being blown, I can only see Umineko being a huge success on Steam. Even bigger than Higurashi.
I suppose the translation the project on MG side is still on early status because the translation team is trying to figure out all the twists and use appropriate wording. Maybe Ryukishi is even lending a hand on that.
>>
>>14313182
Holy shit. Just read a discussion regarding cut content on his twitter and this guy seems to be completely pro-censorship because that cut content serves a greater purpose. The "purists" as he say want content not needed and if we want a adult version it's of high importance to support the censored release 'to show our support'. Even so, it's not guaranteed that the adult version will be released.
This guy doesn't even honor himself by answering why instead of localizing and censoring adult VNs, he doesn't localize VNs without a adult version.
SP once again with fucking great decisions when it comes to their staff.
>>
If MG has another survey at the start of the year like they did this year, what would everyone like to see be changed or added?

You could only request 3 titles, but given how MG's own forums work, I think 3 existing partner requests and 3 new partner requests should've been allowed.

Also, they didn't define what kind of DRM they were talking about when they asked if people minded it or not. To some people DRM is nothing, but Steamworks, so giving a brief explanation of what kind of DRM MG actually uses would've helped people make a more informed decision.
>>
>>14315847
>Also, they didn't define what kind of DRM they were talking about when they asked if people minded it or not. To some people DRM is nothing, but Steamworks, so giving a brief explanation of what kind of DRM MG actually uses would've helped people make a more informed decision.
This isn't necessary since MG is dropping DRM. The majority of MG catalogue is currently DRM free. They recently posted on their ask.fm which games still have DRM but I think MG should have a forum post about that.
Please do it Haro.
>>
>>14315479
Ero is almost never plot relevant. At best it is romance related to show that the characters care more about each other than primary school kids.

But I'm also not buying all-ages titles if there is an 18+ version just because I don't want anyone to misunderstand how you should release translations.
>>
>>14315874
It depends on if the partner company is willing to drop the DRM though. The other OVERDRIVE titles and KnS2 will likely follow suit, but maybe not for awhile. Convincing minori could be an uphill battle. Some titles might end up launching with DRM, but dropping it around a year later like Cartagra did.

It looks like the companies holding on to DRM are:Circus, CLOCKUP/parade, Lilith, minori, MOONSTONE, and Navel. New partners are going to be a question mark. Are Liarsoft and Propeller going to allow DRM-free releases of their games?
>>
>>14316035
Maybe they need a poll about "How many use cracks on their purchased products to get rid of DRM?" That it is more than one person is already terrible.
>>
>>14315163
Why buy a worse version of a VN that I already have?
>>
>>14316090
To support dovac's habit of buying useless crap. I heard he bought a diamond-encrusted toilet seat.
>>
>>14315847
Mangagamer staff itself doesn't even understand who are and who aren't their partners.
>>
>>14316091
There was that one time he bragged about spending thousands of dollars on an imaginary spaceship for an MMO.
>>
>>14316158
https://twitter.com/dobacco/status/538414288046923777

November, 2014. Right in the middle of when he was crying about poverty and how SP was bankrupt and he had to borrow money from everyone just to stay afloat and just as he was kicking off all his kickstarters.
>>
>>14316158
>>14316162
Yes, buy G-Senjou so dovac can get all the best ships in Star Citizen.
>>
>>14316186
It's not like it will ever be released for real, so I don't mind. Failure of the century right there.
>>
>>14314386
You're shit. How fucking salty do you have to be.
>>
>>14315163
It's a good game and a good candidate for Steam because the sex scenes are completely irrelevant to the extent that they detract from the story, but it's fucking Sekai Project. And they fucked up the CGs. Anyone who wants to play the game but somehow still hasn't should just pirate it.
>>
>>14315554
Uh, they're just editing Witch Hunt's translation. Which is already pretty good so there won't be much work necessary.

I find it weird that you are aware enough of the project to type a big post about what you think might be going on with it, but you somehow don't know this important fact that was announced at the same time the game was.
>>
>>14315163
great, now even more people can experience looseboy's trainwreck of a story.
>>
>>14316434
>Uh, they're just editing Witch Hunt's translation. Which is already pretty good so there won't be much work necessary.
Witch Hunt translation isn't as good as people claim it to be and there's some mistakes in it that don't really help the reader to fully understand what's going on.
Also, it's a mystery what's the current status of the project because MG has not updated it since they announced it.
>>
>>14316517
Name the mistakes instead of saying "hurr it's not good because I say it's not good."
Thread posts: 439
Thread images: 24


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.