[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most underrated empire in European history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: SwedishEmpire greatest extent.png (29KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SwedishEmpire greatest extent.png
29KB, 1200x1000px
Is this the most underrated empire in European history?
>>
>>79590353

So weak they couldn't even take Denmark

Such a failure might as well be best forgotten
>>
If you're talking about meme empires, yes.
>>
>>79590353
It's not particularly impressive if you know the history of this picture. Sure they were the most powerful nordic country, but...
>>
>>79590353
It probably took more effort to build the Swedish Empire than colonize some jungle guys shooting their bow.
>>
>Finland had about 30 times less people than Sweden when Swedes established control
>Estonia and half of Latvia are literally who
>Wars against Russia were easy because Russians are inherently bad at war and only succeed because of numerical superiority
>>
>>79590353
>empire
>>
File: teutonic-order.png (2MB, 1280x859px) Image search: [Google]
teutonic-order.png
2MB, 1280x859px
>>79590555
Estonia and Latvia were taken from the fuckin Teutonic Order, what did Brits and the French conquer?
>>
>>79590670

So they were taken from a small German elite estranged from their peasant slaves who didn't care very much who ruled over them.
>>
>>79590387
Do you know what Skåne is? It made up something like 50 % of the Danish land mass, its still ours - 400 years after conquering it in war.
>>
File: 123.jpg (316KB, 1678x765px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
316KB, 1678x765px
>>79590387
We took the majority of Denmark you moron.
>>
>>79590353
More like the most irrelevant.
>>
>>79590713
Sure, most Teutonic forces ever were locals, and our "Germans" curiously spoke with an Estonian accent and words. Our elite Germanized. Just like Finland-Swedes are the elite of Finland.
>>
File: King_Carl_XVI_Gustaf.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
King_Carl_XVI_Gustaf.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>79590861
> Mention of Swede's being the elite of Finland
> Countdown to Finnish butthurt
>>
>>79590861

Many noble Finland-Swedish families had local origins like Carpelans and Kurkis. I'm under the impression that this was not the case in Estonia as there was a more stringent separation between the Germans and Estonians so I would like to see some sources that prove otherwise.
>>
>>79590353
Swedish """""empire""""" was about bleeding the peasants dry to enrich bloodthirsty and megalomaniac kings. They also oppressed many peoples under their regime. Fuck Sweden.
>>
>>79590670
Actually the German nobles in Estonia asked for Swedish protection after the dissolution of the Teutonic Order. Livonia and the Estonian islands were won in wars against Poland-Lithuania and Denmark though.
>>
>>79590972
So it was here, most of the nobility had local roots that Germanized. And they knew what "porgand" means. During the Umsiedlung of Hitler, about 50% of the repatriated to Germany were ethnic Estonians, and nobody could tell a difference from local Germans, we called them by a particular name. One of them later became a ruler of the Third Reich occupation government.
>>79591012
They are the cause of Sweden losing the Baltic provinces. The Russian tsar gave them better rights. The "landfolk" always sided with the Swedes.
>>
>>79591178
I know of this. It was actually a German noble upset about losing property during the reductions who approached all the foreign powers that would make up the anti-Swedish coalition in the Great Northern War and asked them to invade.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.