[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The French Way of War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1422027359986.jpg (220KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1422027359986.jpg
220KB, 853x543px
>France’s military may suffer from a poor reputation in American popular imagination, dating from historical events like the rapid fall to Nazi Germany in World War II and the colonial-era defeat at Dien Bien Phu.
>This is a mistake: The French airstrikes on Islamic State positions in Syria are only the beginning of the counterattack against ISIS, as French officials themselves are promising.
>And as anyone familiar with France’s military capabilities can attest, when it comes to war the French are among the very best.
>Keys to the French approach include substituting quality for quantity, and fighting smart, of making the most of the tools at hand.
>based on their history, whatever they do in addition to the recent airstrikes, they are likely to act in a measured way and think first.
>They might act quietly, so quietly we might never hear of it. But one thing is certain: If the French are determined to hurt someone, they will.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/11/the-french-way-of-war-213372
FRANCE STRONK
>>
Bombing this country....WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
Military autists, who has the better military: France or Britain?
>>
>>51153345
>That question
>inb4 the shitstorm
>>
>>51153345
France of course. we have more nukes :)
>>
>They might act quietly, so quietly we might never hear of it
Neither will their enemies. That's how quiet they are.
>>
>>51153465
Are you one of those churkas?
>>
>>51153276
Muh airstrikes. What about operations in Mali? Those received almost no coverage.
>>
>>51153697
Well what did they achieve there?
>>
>>51153804
Total victory.
http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR770.html
>>
>>51153893
>total victory
>al qaeda manages to take hostage an hotel in bamako just days ago

you sure wiped out these terrorists
>>
>>51153996
>>>/shitholeyoucamefrom/
>>
Syria has been a quagmire for several years now.

What is the next significant change that will come to it and when?

How will we know when the bombs have paid off?
>>
File: 1446844914005.jpg (12KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1446844914005.jpg
12KB, 250x247px
>>51154071
>slovenia
>>
File: file.png (53KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
53KB, 258x195px
>>51154144
>shitskin sandperson
>>
>>51153996
Well, they went from claiming a huge territory and building the Islamic State 2.0 to running around like headless chickens, launching unfocused shit like that, while having lost countless resources and hundreds of men in the process.
Next thing you know you're going to claim that WWII wasn't won by the allies because Germany is still there trying to blow up Europe.
>>
>>51153345
tough call, UK has been ramping their forces up lately
>>
>>51154260
>Next thing you know you're going to claim that WWII wasn't won by the allies because Germany is still there trying to blow up Europe.
But that's true.
>>
>>51154273
we just but another 12 billion in defence
and our military spendingis higher anyway iirc
>>
>>51153697
It's funny, my country hated the French for lack of involvement in Iraq, but completely ignored/forgot that that fought like hell in Afghanistan.

Those Frenchies just can't win
>>
>>51154101
>What is the next significant change that will come to it and when?
YPG and arab allies might be able to take all of Hasaka province (NE Syria) if they keep up their current momentum, which would limit ISIS's ability to transport supplies between their Syria and Iraq territory. The Assad government and allies are currently conducting several successful offensives, probably due to Russian aid. Possibilities for them are probably pushing the rebels out of Latakia province, taking more territory around Aleppo, maybe reversing ISIS gains in Dimashq and Homs governerates.

As for French air strikes, they were already striking ISIS, I believe that their increased involvement was planned even before the Paris attack but correct me if I'm wrong. So not much change but they'll keep supporting to successful YPG and allies.
>>
>>51154399
This map shows governorates
>>
>France literally, LITERALLY, lost their richest colony to a bunch of illiterate African slaves
Kek desu
>>
>>51154491
>Mexico literally, LITERALLY, let itself be occupied over a bunch of pastries
>>
>>51154491
>richest colony
>richest
>colony

My fucking sides
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.