[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portugal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

This tread is for the dissuasion of Portuguese influence on the world history :
In this link you will find a small but very fascinating sample on the subject, in English and made a a foreign :
http://www.arscives.com/bladesign/history.htm#6

Enjoy
>>
File: WE.jpg (53KB, 261x268px) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
53KB, 261x268px
>Portuguese influence on the world history

No such thing, nothing ever happened here. Shitty country with shittier people, don't come.
>>
>meme country
>>
>>51148081
RAISE YOUR SHIELDS,THE AUSTRALIANS ARE COMING
>>
>>51148081
>Geraldo Sem Pavor
>>
>>51148081
t. Alberto Barbosa, explorer and inventor of the depression
>>
File: image.jpg (172KB, 750x1276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 750x1276px
>>51148081
>Somalia

Getting your asskicked doesn't mean "influence"
>>
If only I had some variety of map that clearly displays information on a county-by-country basis with which to consume this information in a more timely and succinct manner
>>
>>51148195
no one said anything about persuading anyone to come here.

I think that map is a little hyperbollic but even still I think such an innocent looking country did what it did is impressive. and the same powerless country managed to amass one of the biggest fortunes in human history and was able to guarantee its own existence through the test of time. good show lads. a country of survivors.
>>
>>51148389
Lol check the numbers of the so called army btw never heard of Portuguese in Somalia
>>
Just read the fucking link that i Posted Lads
>>
What's gonna happen in this thread:
1.Bunch of people talking shit
2.Bunch of people writing t. Alberto Barbosa.
>>
>>51148512
convince me in 20 words or less
>>
>>51148229
Colombia speaking .... you are not even a country just a cartel
>>
File: 20 hueis.jpg (67KB, 350x399px) Image search: [Google]
20 hueis.jpg
67KB, 350x399px
>>
>>51148547
My Glorious history could not be told in 20 years convict
>>
>>51148404
>If only

indeed. if only my grandfather had wheels; he'd be a wagon. Portuguese saying.
>>
why isn't portugal colored in red on this map?

I have this weird feeling that something is wrong
>>
>>51148603
You can check it yourself
>>
>t. Alberto Barbossa
>>
>>51148534

terveisin Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>51148653
t. Alberto Barbarossa
>>
>>51148701
t. Albertho Barbarouxa
>>
A unique exchange of insults

In 1537 some Portuguese sailors committed a crime, considered a grave diplomatic offense.

In front of the city of Diu, the Sultan Bahadur Shah was received on a Portuguese ship. The diplomatic conversations did not go well and the Sultan and his entourage left angrily.

Some less disciplined Portuguese sailors made the Sultan’s boarding the small boat that would take him back a pretty difficult task, one of them managed to hit the Sultan’s head with an oar which caused him to drown.

The shameful action caused an outcry of indignation and revenge which echoed from the Muslim kingdoms of the Gulf of Cambay to Egypt and Constantinople. The Sultan’s widow offered all of her fortune to finance a punitive expedition against the Portuguese.
>>
The Portuguese fortress of Diu had a garrison of 600 Portuguese commanded by D. António da Silveira.

The Turk Suleiman Pasha and the Sultan of Cambay united their armies, and arrived at Diu with 70 Turkish galleys and a land army of 23.000 men. Having taken some Portuguese as prisoners, Suleiman Pasha sent a letter by one of the prisoners to be delivered to D. António da Silveira.
It must be said that Suleiman was a court eunuch that gained power after a Court Coup, having beheaded the entire Turkish royal family and therefore usurping the throne.

When António da Silveira received the letter from the Turk, he turned to his companions saying: Let us see what does the castrated dog has to say, and read the letter in public.
Suleiman Pasha promised the Portuguese free leave of people and goods as long as they returned to the Coast of Malabar and handed over the fortress and their weapons. Suleiman promised to skin alive all of the Portuguese if they did not obey his conditions, referring that he had the largest army in Cambay, among which were many who participate in the taking of Belgrade, Hungary and the Island of Rhodes. Finally he asked António da Silveira how would he defend the pig-sty with so few pigs!
>>
>>51148551
>butthurtugal
KEK
>>
D. António da Silveira ordered paper and ink to be brought forward, and in the presence of all, dictated the reply to the Pasha:
“Most honored captain Pasha, I have carefully read your letter. If in the Island of Rhodes were the knights that are in this pig-sty you could be assured that you would have not conquered it. You are to learn that here are Portuguese, used to killing many Moors and are commanded by António da Silveira that has a pair of balls stronger than the balls of your canons and that all the Portuguese here have balls and do not fear those who don’t have them”.

A bigger insult could not be imagined. The Pasha was furious and ordered that the remaining prisoners were killed, and a fight of giants begun.

During more then a month António da Silveira fought bravely, remaining only less than 40 Portuguese capable of fighting, but causing so many casualties to the Turks that these gave up the siege and retired from Diu.

(in Gaspar Correia: “Chronicle of the Feats in India”, vol. IV, pages 34-36)
>>
File: 286325.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
286325.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>51148760
Portugal, the post.
>>
File: tumblr_npda3lI08r1tg07vxo2_1280.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npda3lI08r1tg07vxo2_1280.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>>51148589
>>
>>51148760

Muslims just can't handle banter.
>>
>>51148854
Mesmo
>>
WE
>>
>>51148760
>>51148803
>>51148837

>you will never be a cocky portuguese sailor bantering with muslims
>>
File: 1446064989805.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1446064989805.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
>>51148081
thanks for the name portugal
>>
>>51148940
My Canadian friend we have done much worst banter then that
>>
>>51148081
>WE WUZ KINGZ
>>
>>51148970
Could you link a source?
>>
>>51149017
So Wuz You Noble Greece
>>
>>51149017
MEGALLE HELLAS
>>
Wow, welcome to Once Empires Now Shitcountries Club.
>>
>>51149150
But Poland we were The longest Global empire in History not just a empire . And about the shithole i live very confy and most of us
do aswell so it could be worst .
>>
>>51149042
it come from Gabão
>>
>>51149229
yeah man. my mommy and daddy never let me want for anything. good times.

oh btw, interesting fact:
a study conducted by the OCDE placed Portugal as the third biggest consumer of antidepressants in the world; living in one of the safest places in the globe and having perfect weather just doesn't cut it.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.