[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lost Hatay to Turkey >Lost Golon Heights to Isreal >Lebanon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: Syria.jpg (183KB, 430x324px) Image search: [Google]
Syria.jpg
183KB, 430x324px
>Lost Hatay to Turkey
>Lost Golon Heights to Isreal
>Lebanon is independent
JUST
>>
File: 1447817639991.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1447817639991.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>mini australia trying to shitpost like his daddy australia
>>
>>51135841
hatay is rightful turkish clay
>>
>>51139162

Is there a more infamous and clay-stealing country than Turkey? I only can think to France, but at least they are somewhat civilized
>>
>>51140892
why you said that. we won hatay with elections
>>
>>51140892
What does this even mean? Turkey is entirely conquested lands.
>>
>>51135841
>Historical Palestine would have been Syrian if not for Zionism
>Egypt-Syria union could have worked with territorial continuity and more Syrian clay to balance against Egypt's power
>In another dimension Syria is a regional power in the M.E
>>
>>51143438
Fuck Syria lmao
>>
>>51135841
>>51144574
Tl;dr me on why Lebanon being independent would be a thing for Syria
>>
>>51144804
Would be a what now? Syrians are jealous of our success; financially, intellectually, culturally, you name it. Not even kidding. You wouldn't believe the things I've heard when I visited Syria. Revenge is a dish best served cold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVevnYFmM8w

Queue butthurt Syrian diaspora.
>>
>>51145087
OP said
>Lebanon is independent
I was just wondering why this would be an issue for Syria.

All the Lebanese I've known have been GOAT, but it's worth noting that none of them were Muslim.
>>
>>51145161
We basically became a puppet-state in the mid-80s and this continued up until the Cedar revolution in 05. This still continues in the present day but to a much lesser extent. Syria was siphoning tons of money from Lebanese institutions and literally occupying a shit-ton of mostly-christian areas. They've lost a lot of power here and a good deal of revenue and political clout. It's just the few cronies that are left who need to realize that the Syrian era is over, but will gladly cooperate with the Assad regime in undermining the Lebanese people if he stays and regains control.
>>
File: 1415120870527.jpg (23KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1415120870527.jpg
23KB, 247x248px
>>51145087
>Syrians are jealous of our success

In getting your shit fucked up by crypto egypsies (aka palestinians)?
>>
>>51145684
>treating an old ally like this
I guess it's true what they say about jews, or are a muslim? Changes nothing though since at the end of the day we were and still are better and the convictions I expressed are true.
>>
>>51140892
Hatay was a sovereign(?) state which held a referendum on whether to join Turkey or not. We dindu nuffin tee bee aytch
>>
>>51139162
Literally everyone there spoke Arabic, until you shills tried to change their language
>>
>>51139162
this

tb fair, at the time, Syria was French colonial territory, but Turkey was actually independent country, so it made more sense for the Arabs to rather be part of Turks who rule themselves, than Arabs who are ruled by the French
>>
>>51145390
What do Lebanese Shi'ites think of Assad? Do they like him, or do they like Lebanon more

What about Sunnis and Christians, obviously they hate Assad right?
>>
File: Lebanon_Export_Treemap.jpg (930KB, 2668x2085px) Image search: [Google]
Lebanon_Export_Treemap.jpg
930KB, 2668x2085px
>>51145836
>>51145390
>>51145087
Let's settle this argument.
>>
File: Syria_Export_Treemap.png (132KB, 961x751px) Image search: [Google]
Syria_Export_Treemap.png
132KB, 961x751px
>>51147647
>>
>>51147647
>>51147686
Lebanon strong
>>
>>51135841
syria is failed state. in fact all of post ww1 ME is full of fake states. there is a reason turkish flag raised in there for 1000 years. mongol killed all smart arabs since then they were sucking cocks.
>>
>>51147789
That's all true however you forgot that the Age of Discovery had a large part in reducing the Middle East to poverty and irrelevance.
>>
>>51147553
It's complicated. Everybody hated him when the Syrian civil war started but things changed obviously. Most people hate Assad deep down inside but support his rule over Syria because the alternative is an iraq-tier failed-state next to our border littered with terrorists. We use land-routes for trade quite often and oftentimes when we try to take control of Syrian influx on the borders or try to restrict processing of Syrian refugees or immigrants in some way or the other, Assad closes the borders halting trade and damaging businesses big-time. But at least the borders are somewhat safe. Nobody would want to trade Assad for the unknown at this point, except Sunnis in the north who hate Assad with a passion and naively (or otherwise) believe that Syria won't turn into a terrorist-ruled state/Sharia State. Then again these people are increasingly becoming agitated/radicalized due to the failure of the revolution and the involvement of Shiite Hezbollah and general disregard from the government. A lot of Shiites are fighting for Assad but do so not because they like Assad or want him to stay or whatever, but because Syria is a component of the 'Axis of Resistance' composed of Iran-Syria-Lebanon against Israel.Shiites would do/believe what Hezbollah says, but generally speaking they are very nationalistic. I've talked to many people, more like overheard war veterans and grownups in general saying that every Shiite family has weapons and is prepared to die defending Lebanon, since it's the only nation in the ME where they can call home and face no discrimination (they know Iran is using them though but for 'a good cause'.)

Any Christian worth the name hates Assad, but understands that reality is made of compromises, sadly, and that Assad should remain, for now. They wouldn't hesitate to shittalk Assad if pressed (any mention of Syria bombing Ashrafieh, 'ein el remmen, Shiah, Beirut, occupying Mrouj etc will trigger them easily), though. It's pretty complicated
>>
>>51147553
lebanese politics are weird

christians and sunnis teamed up to oust syria out of the country in 05 in the cedar revolution, but after that the biggest christian party broke away and allied with hezbollah and amal which are the two big shia parties. basically the two big alliances are shia and half the christians on one side and sunni and half the christians on the other. plus there are a billion small parties with a couple representatives on either side. also the lebanese political system has all kinds of complicated checks and veto powers to prevent any one ethnic group from getting too powerful
>>
>>51147980
Look what happened when Jimmuh Cottah decided to get rid of the Shah in the name of human rights. Yeah...
>>
>>51145087

>Be Lebanese President

>Get splattered by Hezbollah
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.